Pages:
Author

Topic: BFL is shipping - page 15. (Read 25045 times)

legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1019
Be A Digital Miner
May 01, 2013, 08:11:02 PM
Most likely the motivation for this "update" email is that they are being threatened with impounds.   You either show that people are aware of constant delays in your shipping or we will hold $XXX to make sure we have enough if people ask us for refunds --   this is a common practice with paypal.
I imagine when you are only shipping jallies that cost you almost as much as you charged for them, that you really would want to keep the cash flowing in and not get impounded by your processor.
Probably.  But as I said above, if you still want your unit you really don't have much of a choice.
Given this and given Avalon's failure on delivering on time, I think this is my last foray into buying anything from anyone unless they ship same day (like friedcat does).    Otherwise, I am just an investor in someone else's profit with no ownership and taking all the risk for them.
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
www.multipool.us
May 01, 2013, 08:03:09 PM
Most likely the motivation for this "update" email is that they are being threatened with impounds.   You either show that people are aware of constant delays in your shipping or we will hold $XXX to make sure we have enough if people ask us for refunds --   this is a common practice with paypal.
I imagine when you are only shipping jallies that cost you almost as much as you charged for them, that you really would want to keep the cash flowing in and not get impounded by your processor.

Probably.  But as I said above, if you still want your unit you really don't have much of a choice.
Activity: 285
Merit: 250
May 01, 2013, 07:31:07 PM
I confirmed,,,, I confirmed..  Cool
legendary
Be A Digital Miner
May 01, 2013, 07:28:58 PM
Yeah, guaranteed hashrate, but no guarantee on power specs or shipping date - right? And you accept that by confirming.
There was never a guarantee on ship date, and even if power doubled it would still be the lowest power ASIC solution by far.
Given that your only alternative is getting a refund, I'd imagine this is the better option if you actually still want your unit.
Most likely the motivation for this "update" email is that they are being threatened with impounds.   You either show that people are aware of constant delays in your shipping or we will hold $XXX to make sure we have enough if people ask us for refunds --   this is a common practice with paypal.
www.multipool.us
May 01, 2013, 07:25:51 PM

Yeah, guaranteed hashrate, but no guarantee on power specs or shipping date - right? And you accept that by confirming.

There was never a guarantee on ship date, and even if power doubled it would still be the lowest power ASIC solution by far.

Given that your only alternative is getting a refund, I'd imagine this is the better option if you actually still want your unit.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
May 01, 2013, 07:12:54 PM
Read carefully the fine print and think careully before confirming, unfortunately this is not good news

Would you care to elaborate?

It looks they are just covering their asses, they use subtle wording to URGE you to confirm ("to get your place in the building and shipping queue") and at the end of the day you confirm you are OK to whatever they ship whenever they ship it (no confirmed specs, you just accept whatever they are, same thing for shipping date)

I'm pretty sure it states that orders will be filled to meet the original hashing power that you bought.

legendary
Be A Digital Miner
May 01, 2013, 07:08:41 PM
they may or may not be "shipping", it is likely they will be shipping "sometime soon".   I would expect that their credit card processor is making them do this as when orders do not ship on time there are regulations about how you have to notify customers and get their approval to keep their order open.
They use Paypal, as far as I know they never accepted credit directly.
Same regulations apply.   And, I imagine with a couple people complaining they actually need to start following some rules now.
www.multipool.us
May 01, 2013, 07:07:30 PM
they may or may not be "shipping", it is likely they will be shipping "sometime soon".   I would expect that their credit card processor is making them do this as when orders do not ship on time there are regulations about how you have to notify customers and get their approval to keep their order open.

They use Paypal, as far as I know they never accepted credit directly.
Activity: 644
Merit: 501
May 01, 2013, 07:06:16 PM
who confirmed? I do not have the "confirm" in order.

Where the heck do you confirm at?? Mine says "Pending Acceptance" but there's no button or anything to accept the thing. Ridiculous, cc was charged months ago...
legendary
Be A Digital Miner
May 01, 2013, 07:02:02 PM
www.multipool.us
May 01, 2013, 06:56:27 PM
Read carefully the fine print and think careully before confirming, unfortunately this is not good news

It looks they are just covering their asses, they use subtle wording to URGE you to confirm ("to get your place in the building and shipping queue") and at the end of the day you confirm you are OK to whatever they ship whenever they ship it (no confirmed specs, you just accept whatever they are, same thing for shipping date)

I'm pretty sure it states that orders will be filled to meet the original hashing power that you bought.
legendary
Activity: 980
May 01, 2013, 06:37:32 PM
who confirmed? I do not have the "confirm" in order.
legendary
May 01, 2013, 06:32:55 PM

Activity: 271
May 01, 2013, 06:22:23 PM
What is now going on with the mini-rig? (That does not exist anymore)?

Activity: 784
Merit: 502
May 01, 2013, 06:20:16 PM
Anyone get the sneaking suspicion that this will turn ugly?
Activity: 416
Have a mining rig
May 01, 2013, 06:19:20 PM
Looks like this announcement has successfully crashed the BFL site. I can't log in.
www.multipool.us
May 01, 2013, 06:19:02 PM

legendary
May 01, 2013, 06:17:22 PM
Activity: 367
May 01, 2013, 06:16:10 PM
This confirmation business sounds a bit like a cheap trick to be able to fulfill "every order" even though supply and capacity is still very limited. The hardware change is a nifty excuse, for sure.
Activity: 416
Have a mining rig
May 01, 2013, 06:12:51 PM
Just got the email confirmation as well. YAAAY!!!   Cheesy

So much for all the naysayers. Go BFL!
Pages:
Jump to: