Pages:
Author

Topic: BFL is shipping - page 3. (Read 25045 times)

erk
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
June 08, 2013, 06:02:47 AM

Errrh? If you ordered the 22'th, but did not pay until the 30'th, your order is shipped with the other ones paid the 30'th.
That's right. So it's best if you pay when you order.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
One bitcoin to rule them all!
June 08, 2013, 06:00:49 AM
Thursday, 6/6/2012

BFL_Jody
    Some people ask me to share the order numbers. These are not relevant, since we ship by pay date

This is almost art.
Congratulation on screwing up your most expensive pre-orders!
Because obviously, pay date for a minirig = pay date + 3 years. Or am I missing something ?

You sure you don't have an order or 2 for singles or MR before july the 3rd ? Dog ate them, maybe ?  Grin

Errrh? If you ordered the 22'th, but did not pay until the 30'th, your order is shipped with the other ones paid the 30'th.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.
June 07, 2013, 08:53:50 PM
Thursday, 6/6/2012

BFL_Jody
    Some people ask me to share the order numbers. These are not relevant, since we ship by pay date

This is almost art.
Congratulation on screwing up your most expensive pre-orders!
Because obviously, pay date for a minirig = pay date + 3 years. Or am I missing something ?

You sure you don't have an order or 2 for singles or MR before july the 3rd ? Dog ate them, maybe ?  Grin
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
June 07, 2013, 06:40:32 PM
I received my shipping email about an hour ago. Order #2473, ordered 6/28/2012. Mine was delayed a few days due to USPS sending my FPGA trade-in all over the damn country.
erk
June 06, 2013, 11:10:22 PM
Thursday, 6/6/2012

BFL_Jody

Most of the Jalapenos through paydate July 31 have shipped. Sometimes an order can get hung up in the shipping software. Sometimes an order doesn't ship because the customer has not logged into his account and accepted the new power consumption. So I say "most" have shipped through that date. One person wrote on the day I was processing his order to go to production and said, "I am tired of waiting; refund my money." Knowing how much the rest of you wanted that product, we refunded him.

Early August orders have been sent to production.
https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/bfl_jody/183-thursday-6-6-2012.html

Just a Note about this Blog
by
BFL_Jody
, 06-07-2013 at 09:04 PM

Let's get clear about our agreement here. This is a SHIPPING blog. I agree to tell you the shipping dates of the products we are shipping every day so you can have some idea where we are in the queue.

Some people ask me to share the order numbers. These are not relevant, since we ship by pay date. It would tell you nothing. Sometimes we had to assign a large number to an old order because it got lost. The order numbers are only for reference, not shipping queue.
erk
June 06, 2013, 09:12:52 PM

Batch #2 Avalon

How big was that?  I heard estimates of around 40TH/s a while ago, did that eventuate?

I believe 600 units @ 70? or maybe 72 Gh/s per unit. I also believe that it has started shipping, but there are more units to go before the shipping of batch 2 is complete. 40 - 43 Th/s yes

So if the current net hash rate is 117TH/s, that batch alone represents 35% of the total net hash rate. Add that to the 20TH/s from batch #1 and you can see that over half the entire BTC hash rate is now concentrated down to  900 Avalon boxes, even less when you count users, since many people ordered more than one Avalon box.
Activity: 351
June 06, 2013, 09:04:33 PM

Batch #2 Avalon

How big was that?  I heard estimates of around 40TH/s a while ago, did that eventuate?

I believe 600 units @ 70? or maybe 72 Gh/s per unit. I also believe that it has started shipping, but there are more units to go before the shipping of batch 2 is complete. 40 - 43 Th/s yes
erk
June 06, 2013, 08:37:22 PM

Batch #2 Avalon

How big was that?  I heard estimates of around 40TH/s a while ago, did that eventuate?
Activity: 351
June 06, 2013, 08:30:41 PM
12-May   11.03%   11,187,257
25-May   8.64%   12,153,412
05-Jun   28.41%   15,605,633

This is pretty amazing to take in. So I'm guessing this June 05 spike is caused from all the USB Erupters and Jaly's coming onto the network ? Is there something else that has come online, assuming ASICMiner is going to handle 25% of the blockchain solo ?

Batch #2 Avalon
Activity: 336
Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.
June 06, 2013, 04:03:51 PM
Scrypt is just now hitting the FPGA stage, as I know Cheesy  Scrypt is not as apt on ASIC hardware either, it will be a long time before we see Gen 4 hardware for Scrypt coins.

This is excellent.
Keep closing the doors to any further pre-order scam they could come up with, before they announce it.

Maybe a thread "If I was in charge at BFL, I would..." would save a lot of money to all future victims.
Imagine the next steps of the ponzi, and share them.

I know they aready got pretty far but heh, this "100 days for 100 chips" seems to work its way even higher.

June 06, 2013, 03:59:46 PM
Don't forget the Avalon units, and the number of chips they have sold.

One Avalon equals a large room full of CPU riggs. Even a jally equal 2-3 riggs.

AFAIK, none of the Avalon chips have shipped to customers/OEM's yet.

As a data-point, one official Avalon rig =~ 11 Jally's

Yeah, probably not a large room, but still something like in this picture. (If the machines are up to date etc.)

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
June 06, 2013, 03:51:05 PM

AFAIK, none of the Avalon chips have shipped to customers/OEM's yet.

As a data-point, one official Avalon rig =~ 11 Jally's
June 06, 2013, 03:46:36 PM

This is pretty amazing to take in. So I'm guessing this June 05 spike is caused from all the USB Erupters and Jaly's coming onto the network ? Is there something else that has come online, assuming ASICMiner is going to handle 25% of the blockchain solo ?

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
June 06, 2013, 03:41:06 PM

legendary
Activity: 1442
Antifragile
June 06, 2013, 03:24:21 PM
Even though one might argue that the ASIC mining companies produced too many Gh too quick, doesn't that help secure the network and make a 51% attack from a government or such, less likely?
Just trying to find something positive in it all.

I ordered my Jalapeno, quite recently, knowing I wouldn't break even (since it will probably arrive at near years end) but I wanted to do my part to help support the network. And when one considers I can run it with low energy consumption using a Rasberry PI, it seemed like a good thing to do, especially since the Jalapeno uses a small amount of energy compared to a currently shipping competitors unit. But, I guess I'd then be able to pay for the unit if I had it now!  Grin

IAS

What are you talking about by concentrating the hash power into smaller number of hands, increases the chance of a 51% attack.

Where did I say we are concentrating the hashing power into a smaller number of hands? If only a few people were buying them than that is news to me but I thought that since we are keeping an eye on the mining pools that the pools were the problem and not individuals harding machines.

Thanks for not commenting on my noteworthy support of the community and just my "mistake".  Angry
erk
June 06, 2013, 03:14:56 PM
Even though one might argue that the ASIC mining companies produced too many Gh too quick, doesn't that help secure the network and make a 51% attack from a government or such, less likely?
Just trying to find something positive in it all.

I ordered my Jalapeno, quite recently, knowing I wouldn't break even (since it will probably arrive at near years end) but I wanted to do my part to help support the network. And when one considers I can run it with low energy consumption using a Rasberry PI, it seemed like a good thing to do, especially since the Jalapeno uses a small amount of energy compared to a currently shipping competitors unit. But, I guess I'd then be able to pay for the unit if I had it now!  Grin

IAS

What are you talking about by concentrating the hash power into smaller number of hands, increases the chance of a 51% attack.
KSV
Activity: 398
SVERIGES VIRTUELLA VALUTAVÄXLING
June 06, 2013, 03:14:15 PM
oh yeah the ASIC war is about to breakout. . . coming soon to a post near you!
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
June 06, 2013, 03:05:07 PM
All very good points, Still i think people will flock more to pools than solo mine in the ASIC boom, people on old equipment will still be able to make a share, but how much is anyones guess until the hardware starts rolling out, its the waiting i cant stand, in the meantime things are pretty good.
Activity: 798
www.DonateMedia.org
June 06, 2013, 02:06:33 PM
The ASIC hash rate war is proving to be a drama. What I see happening is the ASIC vendors released their units with two much hash power, this will cost them sales and profits in the near future with BFL being the worst offender.

Instead of introducing the TH/s to the network spread around to thousands of miners in small chunks, they told everyone about the Minirig. People with deep pockets have ordered hundreds so when they finally ship, the TH/s will explode overnight. This will drive the smaller miners away from BTC and buying BFL product as the smaller units wont be able to compete, and the average miner wont be able to afford competitive rigs any longer, the gap is too large. So the mining will be concentrated into a smaller and smaller group of players with deep pockets. They will be able to dominate at a far cheaper cost than otherwise would have been possible for two reasons. Firstly BFL sold the Minirig too cheap, per GH/s compared to all other products on the market including their own lesser models. Secondly the instant concentration of hashing power will reduce the other miners revenue far more abruptly than if the whole net rose gradually, that will cause shock and awe not unlike a market crash.

Of course BFL are not alone, the Avalon 66GH/s unit was too big, they should have started with a 22 GH/s unit or smaller, and shipped 3 times as many of them.

Kncminer are talking about a 175GH/s an 350GH/s which are once again too much hash power.

Up until now everyone added hashing power in small increments adding a GPU or two, the crazies built racks of the things, but overall there were no big jumps. That's all about to change and I think for the worse. BTC was all about decentralization, these unnecessarily large ASIC sizes that are coming, screws up that concept.

However BFL has yet to ship a damn thing from the revised BitForce line. The Jalepenos are old news, and it took over a year for them just to deliver that much. I feel the BFL rigs are not of any concern until someone actually sees one in the wild, which at present rate will be sometime in 2014...

KnCMiner is bull, as Phinneaus Gage has been happy to point out the many holes in them so far. They have only created an FPGA miner prototype (which looks more like 4 FPGA boards loosely bolted together with small corner pieces of acrylic plastic...not what I would call a real prototype), which was then dumped because FPGA won't do anything against ASICs. Now they claim to be developing that, but have so far produced absolutely nothing. I have no faith the will as they seem just as disorganized and/or scammy as the rest.

The network will even out some, as the big players jump into ASIC the FPGA and GPU miners will either shift in or go to Litecoin or other coins. I don't think the jump will be as bad or as fast as most predict, but it will be increasing a lot as ASICs are rolled out by other companies like ASICMiner and Avalon who have actually delivered what they promised. But even as mining gets harder, the other edge of that sword is that Bitcoin will continue to increase in value because of it. Even mining a small slice of a coin can still mean big money in the future.

It's going to be very hard soon to mine anything.

how come? someone announce ASIC-scrypt miners?

Scrypt is just now hitting the FPGA stage, as I know Cheesy  Scrypt is not as apt on ASIC hardware either, it will be a long time before we see Gen 4 hardware for Scrypt coins.
Pages:
Jump to: