Pages:
Author

Topic: BFL Monarch - Delivery Dates - page 2. (Read 32528 times)

Activity: 854
Merit: 500
June 12, 2014, 04:24:22 PM
I love coming to this thread, it always makes me feel better about my choices.

LOL Me too!
Activity: 756
June 12, 2014, 04:13:43 PM
I love coming to this thread, it always makes me feel better about my choices.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026
Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012
June 12, 2014, 04:07:31 PM
No point in BFL trying to hide the fact that they are hashing with customer equipment. It already came out in court documents.
Now they are just spinning it by claiming the equipment is "not suitable" for customers.

Do you have a link for this court document?   
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
June 12, 2014, 11:35:21 AM
No point in BFL trying to hide the fact that they are hashing with customer equipment. It already came out in court documents.
Now they are just spinning it by claiming the equipment is "not suitable" for customers.
Activity: 924
June 12, 2014, 05:28:16 AM
So what is actually HASHING at Eclipse?

Hmmm interesting. Maybe they should explain that aspect.

Get a refund. You didn't pay for cloud hashing just another delay tactic meant to quell complaints.
Activity: 459
Merit: 250
June 12, 2014, 04:48:43 AM
Josh says:
The forums were suppose to be restored from a more recent backup. I'm not sure why they were not and I'm investigating the issue now. It probably won't be until at least tomorrow that I'll have the forums back up with more recent data... don't bother posting anything here as I'll probably have to remove this dataset.

He then continues:
Monarch Update 11 June 2014

We have been diligently working on the Monarch board since the last update. Many tests have been conducted and various component modifications have been made in the interim. The chips on the boards are easily able to achieve 1 TH/s, but the PCBs are not quite yet able to support the power required for that speed. We anticipated that the latest revision would be the final one, but there is still too much heat being retained internally on the PCB. We’ve identified a couple areas that are heat dissipation bottlenecks and have incorporated those into a new PCB revision, which should allow us to reach our projected speed and energy efficiency.

While we wait for the new revision to make it through manufacturing, we now have a supply of boards that do not meet the advertised specs and thus are not suitable to be shipped directly to customers. Although we have no legal obligation to do so, we have made a voluntary business decision to reward customers for their patience and loyalty; with the boards we have on hand or close to being completed, we can deliver between 600 - 800 TH of processing power. We are going to provision these boards in a hosted environment (BFL Cloud Mining facilities) and, as a courtesy to those customers who have been waiting the longest, we will start deploying Cloud Mining in queue order as early as next Wednesday, June 18th, barring any problems. It may be as late as Friday, June 20th before we can get anything turned up and going, as significant setup is required.

When Cloud Mining becomes available to you, an email will be sent informing you how to activate your BFL Cloud Mining. You should check your dashboard starting next Wednesday for the Cloud Mining button to activate it from there. With a limited amount of Cloud Mining capacity available, we will not be able to accommodate everyone immediately, but we will try to provide the ordered amount of hashing power to as many people as we can as quickly as possible. Once the 1 TH boards start shipping out, we will be rolling the Cloud Mining over to the next people in the queue as we fulfill the queue from the beginning with physical boards. This process will continue until the physical board shipments catch up to the Cloud Mining. All orders will be handled in their queue sequence, regardless of product type (600, 300, Mining By The Gigahash).

This will provide the ability to our customers to start hashing sooner than they would if they waited for physical boards to arrive, and is our effort to provide a better customer experience with BFL. As has always been our practice, we make no representations or guarantees as to the results of your mining efforts via BFL Cloud Mining or our physical products.

So the first ~1000 Monarch orders will get cloud hashing until their orders ship, with this hashing being successively rolled over to the next in line until their boards are shipped. Presumably, once all orders are shipped, any boards that are still working will continue hashing for the Eclipse account.

IIRC Josh previously claimed that setting up a cloud mining operation of this magnitude would take at least two to three weeks, so his target of deploying hashing power as early as next Wednesday is ambitious, to say the least.

Still no final revision of a shippable board.
Total Monarchs in the wild: 0
Total Monarchs hashing in the cloud: 0
June 12, 2014, 04:05:43 AM
Site's back up. Missing 2 days' worth of posts.

Move along, folks - nothing to see here.

2 days only?

What nothing earlier say when promises were made?
Activity: 459
June 12, 2014, 02:41:47 AM
Site's back up. Missing 2 days' worth of posts.

Move along, folks - nothing to see here.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001
June 12, 2014, 02:17:34 AM
Any ETA on when the BFL website will be back?

Come on guys... you know the answer!  Wink

Maybe two weeks?

Cheesy  Grin  Cheesy  Grin
Activity: 700
Merit: 504
Run a Bitcoin node.
June 12, 2014, 01:34:52 AM
There it is!  Grin
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
June 12, 2014, 01:27:02 AM

Maybe two weeks?
Activity: 462
June 12, 2014, 12:41:47 AM
I wonder when the BFL website will be back online?

Is "NEVER" the answer you looking for?
Cuz' it wouldn't surprise me if while the site was down they went for Chapter 13.
Run a Bitcoin node.
June 12, 2014, 12:24:02 AM

Activity: 462
June 12, 2014, 12:20:29 AM
When they cough up the $59.95 to renew their SSL certificate.

Their forum site conveniently we down on the day when Josh was supposed to release some shipping info.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001
June 12, 2014, 12:17:33 AM
May  Huh   I'd say,with BFL's "track record",at least June or later even  Roll Eyes

Some "rough" calcs:

Good call. We're well into June and no Monarchs.

Here's the current calc.

Difficulty 11756551916.9
Price $630
Bitcoins per day: .026
Dollars per day: 16

And they say "You don't learn from your/BFL's mistakes"...........I did!!!!  Cheesy

Scary how close I was or am  Roll Eyes   Cheesy
Run a Bitcoin node.
June 12, 2014, 12:12:57 AM
June 11, 2014, 11:44:43 PM
Either these guys who were/are in good standing with BFL either got shafted royally since being at the end of the queue, or are happily hashing away for a while now on their Monarchs. Either case is not a pleasant scenario.

There were all of those early wafers that supposedly wasn't "working", maybe someone took them out of the trash bin!

You forgot to air quote  "trash bin!"

Pfft. The lies they have told will be found out soon enough. Court will reveal all and I suspect the probation officer is none too happy about the latest refusal to refund customers and the houses that were bought since the last probation hearing.
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
June 11, 2014, 11:44:17 PM
May  Huh   I'd say,with BFL's "track record",at least June or later even  Roll Eyes

Some "rough" calcs:

Good call. We're well into June and no Monarchs.

Here's the current calc.

Difficulty 11756551916.9
Price $630
Bitcoins per day: .026
Dollars per day: 16
Activity: 575
June 11, 2014, 11:35:23 PM
Either these guys who were/are in good standing with BFL either got shafted royally since being at the end of the queue, or are happily hashing away for a while now on their Monarchs. Either case is not a pleasant scenario.

There were all of those early wafers that supposedly wasn't "working", maybe someone took them out of the trash bin!
Pages:
Jump to: