Pages:
Author

Topic: BFL Requests Input - page 9. (Read 34805 times)

legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003
October 27, 2012, 09:54:17 PM
I will add a copy of your statement for BFL review. I am certain of one thing, they will not sanction your [creepily disturbing] behavior.

I'm pretty sure Josh is not the only employee from BFL that frequents these forums. You think he's just running around doing whatever he wants while everyone else isn't looking? You think he gets off on sneaking around behind his companies back? Really?
I have to at least give BFL (the company) the chance the make things right.

I am not interested in a vendetta. So I assume they don't know and once they know, the whole thing will be rectified.

If they tell me or the forum that what Josh does is okay by them....well that is unfortunate and something more to consider. Giving a company a chance to intervene on behalf of the community is a good first start. Almost everyone who is present on the BFL Forums are from BitCoinTalk.

So there is no way to separate the bread from the butter as BFL_Josh would have people believe. His disdain for the community, should be hidden behind the mask of professional conduct. Not shown outwardly and openly.

=====================

I believe the BFL user account is Jody. (General Manager/Customer Service)

So at the very least, when it is necessary, other BFL employees do interact with the forum. BFL_Engineer is a mystery. I don't know who is behind that account.
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
October 27, 2012, 09:48:16 PM
I will add a copy of your statement for BFL review. I am certain of one thing, they will not sanction your [creepily disturbing] behavior.

I'm pretty sure Josh is not the only employee from BFL that frequents these forums. You think he's just running around doing whatever he wants while everyone else isn't looking? You think he gets off on sneaking around behind his companies back? Really?
legendary
October 27, 2012, 09:13:22 PM
Now that you seemingly confirmed you haven't changed, and have actually tried to tell me to finish what I started. I have a renewed purpose to complete the complaint and possibly go a few steps further.

By all means, rock on!  If you were a US citizen and I were as petty as you,
You are one sick fellow.

You really don't know when to stop. I will add a copy of your statement for BFL review. I am certain of one thing, they will not sanction your [creepily disturbing] behavior.

Did you use confidential company information to do a background search?
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
October 27, 2012, 09:09:25 PM
Anyone nominate me? 420 Smiley

I will be more then happy to take a day or two off work and write an article for http://www.btcmu.info about the trip. Would some pictures be ok?

that gave me an idea, send a guy from bitcoin magazine
legendary
Activity: 1260
October 27, 2012, 08:49:12 PM
Now that you seemingly confirmed you haven't changed, and have actually tried to tell me to finish what I started. I have a renewed purpose to complete the complaint and possibly go a few steps further.

By all means, rock on!  If you were a US citizen and I were as petty as you, you do realize that it's you who has committed slander and libel against me, right?  You have made accusations, with full knowledge that they are false, to my employer.  I, on the other hand, have committed neither slander nor libel, as you have accused me of.  Furthermore, we have requested that you provide evidence of your claims and to date you have failed to do so.  Slander and libel indeed.

As for "FUD". as long as anyone has used your statements as a foundation for their basis...well, need I say more?

I have no idea what this even means.

You do a disservice to your company, sir. You don't even want your own written words on your own company forum. I am pretty sure you would ban me from your company forum if I so much as post some of your posts and air my complaints there.

Am I wrong about this? Or will you tell me that it is an inappropriate channel to air complaints?

Yes, I would ban you, you are absolutely right.  You are a troll and I do not want trolls on the forum.  Your posts have no substance.  You make claims and accusations repeatedly but you fail to provide any evidence for your claims.  I have encouraged you in the past, repeatedly, to make your script to document my allegedly heinous actions.  As I suspected when I encouraged you to do so, you've gone back through my posts and realized that perhaps you might be mistaken.  I am sure you will tell me I am  wrong, and again I will encourage you to go make your script and post it wherever you want, but you aren't posting it on the BFL forums.

Anyway, you've basically said, less talk, more action. So I will oblige your request until your superiors have a word with you about how you treat customers or prospective customers. I didn't want to cause you any trouble as long as you did take a conscious look at your behavior and tone it down, which I thought was the case.

Yes, more action, less talk.  Put up or shut up.  To date, you've done neither and I suspect you are incapable of both as the reason.  You, sir, are not a customer nor are you a prospective customer, so I owe you exactly nothing.

legendary
October 27, 2012, 08:39:19 PM
Just like the documented complaint you sent that you never were able to respond to, since your complaint was false?  By all means, send another!  We're still waiting for a response from you for the first one... but it's understandable that you haven't responded, since you can't provide any evidence for your accusations, which has been requested. Smiley  I noticed you posted our response to you, and you asked for links on Bitcointalk, here.  Curiously, no one responded to you, I wonder why?

Just like everything else you post, more misinformation and FUD, with no ability to back up your claims.

I thought you had changed, so where is the point in continuing? Certainly you have been engaging the community in this section far less since Monday.

As for "FUD". as long as anyone has used your statements as a foundation for their basis...well, need I say more?

You do a disservice to your company, sir. You don't even want your own written words on your own company forum. I am pretty sure you would ban me from your company forum if I so much as post some of your posts and air my complaints there.

Am I wrong about this? Or will you tell me that it is an inappropriate channel to air complaints?

Anyway, you've basically said, less talk, more action. So I will oblige your request until your superiors have a word with you about how you treat customers or prospective customers. I didn't want to cause you any trouble as long as you did take a conscious look at your behavior and tone it down, which I thought was the case.
legendary
Activity: 1260
October 27, 2012, 08:17:43 PM
Just like the documented complaint you sent that you never were able to respond to, since your complaint was false?  By all means, send another!  We're still waiting for a response from you for the first one... but it's understandable that you haven't responded, since you can't provide any evidence for your accusations, which has been requested. Smiley  I noticed you posted our response to you, and you asked for links on Bitcointalk, here.  Curiously, no one responded to you, I wonder why?

Just like everything else you post, more misinformation and FUD, with no ability to back up your claims.

legendary
October 27, 2012, 08:09:53 PM
Why didn't this whole inspection happen weeks ago ?

What's the point after they ship their products ?

Hmmm, now maybe people will realize these scammers won't be shipping anytime soon.

Anyone defending these BFL scumbags has obviously NEVER run a business before.

Those of us who have run successful companies know that what they are doing is amateur at best.

Letting Josh run wild on these boards like a bull in a china shop is proof enough of their ignorance.
That bull has (apparently) since been neutered and two 50 pound cannon balls with chains added around his testicles.

He is watching what he says I hope. If not there will be more documented complaints.

Activity: 956
Merit: 1001
October 27, 2012, 07:40:01 PM

Maybe there's nothing to inspect?

Wink
Activity: 535
October 27, 2012, 05:20:00 PM

What's the point after they ship their products ?

Hmmm, now maybe people will realize these scammers won't be shipping anytime soon.

Anyone defending these BFL scumbags has obviously NEVER run a business before.

Those of us who have run successful companies know that what they are doing is amateur at best.

Letting Josh run wild on these boards like a bull in a china shop is proof enough of their ignorance.
Activity: 988
October 26, 2012, 04:29:20 PM
Doesn't all of America look like that?

Only the industrial HY-Tech sector.
Activity: 988
October 26, 2012, 04:28:38 PM
Newegg warehouse addresses aren't hard to find and I know they do will call. That is just one of many examples. These "it needs to be kept top secret to ward off the super awesome bitcoin industrial espionage ninjas" posters are full of bovine fecal matter.

Is BFL going to make the two independent VIP guests sign NDAs regarding the address? If so, wow.

They will be blindfolded with hoods on and transported in a blacked out van after a strip search before arrival and a cavity search after they leave Tongue
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
October 26, 2012, 04:25:46 PM
Doesn't all of America look like that?
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
October 26, 2012, 04:20:23 PM
Ah, I don't know about that.  While a lot of companies have a published address, more often than not it's an admin address with a receptionist and paper pushers.  Do you really think Intel, Nvidia, Cisco or anyone like that publishes the addresses to their R&D or fabrication facilities?  Do you think Banks publish the addresses of their vaults or check processing locations?  Do you think defense contractors publish the addresses to all their facilities?  Do you think Newegg or Amazon publishes the address' of every one of their distribution facilities?  How about Insurance companies and all their claims processing locations?  Of course not on all of these.  There are facilities that there's no reason the public should have the address of because there's no reason for the public to go there in the first place.

It has nothing to do with security. It has everything to do with being embarassed about your office. Have you seen it? Would you buy expensive computer equipment from a place like that?

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
October 26, 2012, 12:08:59 PM

Plenty of much larger businesses publish their operating address and even have will call service.

Ah, I don't know about that.  While a lot of companies have a published address, more often than not it's an admin address with a receptionist and paper pushers.  Do you really think Intel, Nvidia, Cisco or anyone like that publishes the addresses to their R&D or fabrication facilities?  Do you think Banks publish the addresses of their vaults or check processing locations?  Do you think defense contractors publish the addresses to all their facilities?  Do you think Newegg or Amazon publishes the address' of every one of their distribution facilities?  How about Insurance companies and all their claims processing locations?  Of course not on all of these.  There are facilities that there's no reason the public should have the address of because there's no reason for the public to go there in the first place.

IMO, the BFL (and any other ASIC builder) facility is the poster child for a location that should not be known publicly.  It just opens it up for having to deal with drop ins, corporate espionage, theft or worse.

Intel's new 14nm fab is going to be at their Chandler facility. Their mailing address is here.

Intel Corp - Ococillo Campus (Chandler, AZ)
Home of Fab12, Fab 22, and Fab 32
4500 S Dobson Rd
Chandler, AZ 85248-4907
(480) 554-8080

For nVidia,
http://www.nvidia.com/page/contact_information.html
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
October 26, 2012, 11:53:13 AM
Newegg warehouse addresses aren't hard to find and I know they do will call. That is just one of many examples. These "it needs to be kept top secret to ward off the super awesome bitcoin industrial espionage ninjas" posters are full of bovine fecal matter.

Is BFL going to make the two independent VIP guests sign NDAs regarding the address? If so, wow.

BFL_Guy: I would like to rent this warehouse.
Lessor: Great! What are you going to use the building for?
BFL_Guy: To manufacture computer boards.
Lessor: Do you have a business license?
BFL_Guy: Yes. Here it is.
Lessor: Why registered in Wyoming?
BFL_Guy: Tax purposes. You, as a business owner can appreciate that.
Lessor: Will there be any hazardous waste involved during the manufacturing?
BFL_Guy: None!
Lessor: Will these products be sold to terrorists or is a national security threat to the US?
BFL_Guy: Nope!
Lessor: How many employees will you have working in this warehouse? Will you have workmans comp insurance for your employees? Are the employees legally in the US? Has any of the concerns of your business ever been convicted of a felony?
BFL_Guy: The standard 22 employees.
Lessor: Month-to-month lease or a year?
BFL_Guy:  Grin Month-to-month sounds perfect, that way you're protected.
Lessor: Sign here.
Activity: 336
October 26, 2012, 11:06:56 AM

Activity: 756
Merit: 501
There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.
October 26, 2012, 10:16:39 AM
I'm hoping next week we will begin the process.  I was hoping the end of this week, but it's taking a bit longer than I'd like.

Can you provide an operating address now or is it still in process?

Will BFL now provide an address of operations or has the transition to the secure facility not been completed?

If I was BFL I would never give out an address of a development or assembly facility.  There is no reason to and just about every company out there has facilities that they do not publicly divulge information on.  What would a published address for a facility do for you guys?  Other than give BFL the giant headache of every miner in the world wanting to just 'drop by'.

So true. That is why Charlie with BitInstant in NYC (a small town with few bitcoiners) had to hire two armed guards to control the crowd trying to get access to him daily. Only if he hadn't let his address known. Only if.
On the other hand, local farmers I buy food from are perfectly happy to have me visit their facilities and see for myself where and how the food is prepared.  They also let an organic certification firm come occasionally and comb through their books and assets in exchange for the certificate.  I of course expect BFL to protect their designs and related information, but this level of secrecy is unwarranted. Also unwarranted is their stubborn defense of their executive's criminal past. All in all, I choose not to do business with them.
Activity: 728
In cryptography we trust
October 26, 2012, 10:11:47 AM

Plenty of much larger businesses publish their operating address and even have will call service.

IMO, the BFL (and any other ASIC builder) facility is the poster child for a location that should not be known publicly.  It just opens it up for having to deal with drop ins, corporate espionage, theft or worse.

Not to mention discovery of the the private mining firm they have set up  Tongue
Activity: 378
October 26, 2012, 10:00:44 AM

Pages:
Jump to: