Pages:
Author

Topic: BFL Requests Input - page 13. (Read 34822 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
September 30, 2012, 11:46:58 PM
I wonder what difference it makes who visits ? as long as we get videos of ASICs performing, and pictures of the assembling line, then that's all the proof we need.

Don't you think by then that will be a moot point? BFL will probably have videos already posted of the things running before anyone visits.
In person visitors will allow for a third-party audit of the devices' hashing speed.  Videos can easily be faked if the entire setup is controlled by BFL.

I hope this visit happens sooner rather than later. It would be good for BFL as well as they are losing sales to their competitors due to a lack of transparency.
donator
Activity: 640
Merit: 500
September 30, 2012, 11:30:57 PM
Can I vote for myself?
legendary
Activity: 1876
September 30, 2012, 09:48:18 PM
I wonder what difference it makes who visits ? as long as we get videos of ASICs performing, and pictures of the assembling line, then that's all the proof we need.

Don't you think by then that will be a moot point? BFL will probably have videos already posted of the things running before anyone visits.

I am fairly certain that they will have to sign a NDA.  It will be just their word of mouth. which is good enough for me..
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
September 30, 2012, 09:39:45 PM

Activity: 78
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
September 30, 2012, 05:36:07 AM
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
September 29, 2012, 10:58:37 PM

...The temperature will be greater (especially with additional heater powered on)...

(I imagine all these future threads about how to overlock a Jalapeno while the heater is off... Smiley )

There is no heater/hotplate/warmer. It was tongue-in-cheek, I assure you. The heat it generates is dissipated passively, it will act like a weak "coffee warmer".

Not that I disagree that this is how it should (and likely will) work, but that disagrees with posts by BFL.

The Jalapeno is indeed USB powered.  The alternate plug-in refered to by the CSR is the option of an alternate source of power for the heat plate.

Activity: 557
September 29, 2012, 08:05:08 PM
If you do end up coming Yochdog, I swear to god if you don't have a beard like your avatar has, you might as well get back on the plane as soon as you step off.

I'd like to amend my vote for yochdog - send him only if he wears the same outfit Jodie Foster wore in Contact.  Extra points for Japanese-built headset camera.

"Yochdog only came back with a video of static"
"Yes, but how can you explain why there's four hours of it?"
Activity: 557
September 29, 2012, 07:46:18 PM
I'd like to go, but I'm pretty sure I'm not that well known.

I'll nominate yochdog. He's a miner, seems pretty well known, has BFL FPGAs, and has traded tens of thousands of dollars with forum members including a few thousand with me. I'd trust his report.

+1 on the yochdog. 
Activity: 283
Merit: 250
Making a better tomorrow, tomorrow.
September 29, 2012, 04:45:38 PM
I'll throw my name in the hat as I have time and would very much like do something to help out. Smiley
RHA
Activity: 392
September 29, 2012, 04:36:01 PM
Discussing the Jalapeno would be better at "First Look at BFL's ASIC Hardware" thread,
but I have a vague impression the nominating is finished, so no one shall protest when we derail this thread a bit. Smiley

Single SC: 40 GH/s per 8 chips gives 5 GH/s per chip. There will be a radiator (there are two holes for it) and assuredly a fan.
Jalapeno: 3.5 GH/s means probably one underclocked chip with simplified radiator (transferring the heat to the top of the case) and no fan. The temperature will be greater (especially with additional heater powered on) so the underclocking is a must.
It makes sense, doesn't it?

(I imagine all these future threads about how to overlock a Jalapeno while the heater is off... Smiley )
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
September 29, 2012, 09:56:32 AM
I still don't get why anyone would want to heat up a mining device ...
(including the coffee warmer brain relapse)

Yeah I do realise the post above is a joke ... but it's based on a serious(ly stupid) idea.

I suspect it's going to get warm due to not having a fan, not because they've increased power draw for no reason.

According to BFL, there's a barrel plug for aux. power to run the heater.
Activity: 240
September 29, 2012, 09:07:14 AM

Yeah I do realise the post above is a joke ... but it's based on a serious(ly stupid) idea.

I suspect it's going to get warm due to not having a fan, not because they've increased power draw for no reason.
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1008
September 29, 2012, 07:31:52 AM
the last few comedic posts here had me snickering like an idiot and trying desperately not to wake anyone.

also: dang it! i lived in KC until june of this year. missed it by that much. Sad

as to voting a rep: honestly? i'd have a much easier time declaring who wasn't appropriate, then who was. as such, i'll abstain.
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
September 29, 2012, 05:22:59 AM

legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001
I'd fight Gandhi.
September 29, 2012, 03:50:57 AM
Actually, the Jalapeno would be a great hermit crab / lizard heat pad.  New market!  Earn money while your pets bask in the glow of bitcoin!
This reminds me of an idea I had last week.

So I live in Maine, and it's already starting to get pretty cold outside. Due to the construction of my place, my floors aren't heated very well. So if Jalapenos hardly use any electricity, they could be battery operated. So BFL makes these kick ass fuzzy slippers, that have a sort of Jalapeno on the bottom of each slipper, continually warming your feet. When you sit at your desk, you can place your feet on this battery charging dock that powers your slippers back up. So while you walk around the house later, your feet are mining away while warming you up. Even better, if possible, drag your feet to generate static electricity to help keep them charged. Each slipper would have it's own wireless card that connects to your computer. And you can load different firmwares for optimal slipper warmth.

But I am not done: The BFL Snuggie would be like a snuggie, although covered with even more Jalapenos then the slippers. It would use the same tech as the slippers, although with a lot more Jalapenos. This would make a great gift for a significant this holiday season.

Pic related, it's a snuggie.
legendary
Activity: 952
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
Hello!
September 28, 2012, 06:57:28 PM
Second Tuesday of next week.

There's usually only one tuesday a week right
legendary
Activity: 1260
September 28, 2012, 06:26:01 PM
Second Tuesday of next week.
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
September 28, 2012, 06:20:18 PM
... When?
(don't you hate it when people ask the wrong questions ...)
Pages:
Jump to: