Pages:
Author

Topic: {BFL} WHAT THE!! ButterflyLads WONT deliver the Monarch Till...ONLY GOD KNOWs?:( - page 19. (Read 47944 times)

Activity: 174
Merit: 100
Don't worry, I'm sure they'll start slowly shipping small quantities by November!
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
Half way through February and still nothing from BFL? November 2013 looking SOLID!
Activity: 21
Merit: 0

Its a sad sad fact that ButtFuckingLiars is a representative of Amercian know how and can do

What happened to America ?

"How did this happen? Who's to blame? Certainly there are those who are more responsible than others. And they will be held accountable. But again, truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty you need only look into a mirror." - V
legendary
Activity: 1512
^I was actually trying to seriously pick match 17 when this thread started, and now i actually think that wont happen.

The monarch wont arrive till april fools I think

I picked June.
legendary
Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032
Value will be measured in sats

All I know was that my Jallys were 6 months late.

To me, whatever they claim, re-claim, counter-claim, fabricate and re-adjust has absolutely no credibility whatsoever.

By the time they ship, 600 Mh/s won't get you 0.05 BTC per day, if you're lucky.

You're better off buying whatever hardware you can get your hands on now for $2k, than waiting 3-6 months (if you're lucky) for a Monarch.

If you've pre-ordered, you screwed yourself, and have nobody else to blame.

+1

Yeah by the time this junk ships, you will be able to pick up a 600gh/s unit by alternative manufacturer for about $1000-2000 on ebay -_-
 Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

STOP PRE-ORDERING PEOPLE!!! STOP THE NONSENSE!!!! no one but yourself to blame unless you are happy to wait and fund Josh's coke binges in the meantime...if that works for you then i can't help you. REFUND NOW!!!  BFL are being sued left right and centre and more cases are about to come out of the wood works....pssst
Activity: 529
Merit: 501

All I know was that my Jallys were 6 months late.

To me, whatever they claim, re-claim, counter-claim, fabricate and re-adjust has absolutely no credibility whatsoever.

By the time they ship, 600 Mh/s won't get you 0.05 BTC per day, if you're lucky.

You're better off buying whatever hardware you can get your hands on now for $2k, than waiting 3-6 months (if you're lucky) for a Monarch.

If you've pre-ordered, you screwed yourself, and have nobody else to blame.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
^I was actually trying to seriously pick match 17 when this thread started, and now i actually think that wont happen.

The monarch wont arrive till april fools I think
legendary
Activity: 1512
[Incoherent stuttering]

Look how many people believed you would deliver on January ?? 2014 -5 (1.4%)

Here's
February ?? 2014 - 12 (3.4%)
&
Marnarch 17, 2014 - 24 (6.7%)

Tongue Tongue Tongue

Quote from: King of the window lickers
However, this is our second generation, so we have much greater clarity on the process and we feel our timeline to begin shipments towards the end of the year is solid.

https://web.archive.org/web/20131204120049/https://products.butterflylabs.com/homepage-new-products/600-gh-bitcoin-mining-card.html/

* Their emphasis, not mine.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
StayFocus and LIVE
Another lie from dropt!  Who'dathunkit?

BFL is behind by less than a month, if you can even classify it as being behind, since we never promised a shipping date.  Be that as it may, if history repeats itself, we'll be right on target and timeframe for the Monarch.  Our second generation FPGA was underpromised and overdelivered as far as performance goes... if history repeats itself, the second generation ASIC will be as well.

Look how many people believed you would deliver on January ?? 2014 -5 (1.4%)

Here's
February ?? 2014 - 12 (3.4%)
&
Marnarch 17, 2014 - 24 (6.7%)

Tongue Tongue Tongue
Activity: 574
^exactly. that card prototype already will need 2-3 slots, and a radiator for it will probably be the only part of it that resembles the reference design.

honestly, they should scrap the design, make it a 4-chip standalone with some PCB  remodelling, and then watercool it in a 'normal' fashion. the PCI form-factor is clearly not working and could be the most terrible design in bitcoin history

BFL are always the first in all of the BAD categorys of bitcoin history  Cheesy

Activity: 560
StayFocus and LIVE
One more pic from your boy Josh ~  Tongue Tongue Tongue

legendary
Activity: 1098
i find it a joke that these are still going to be used for PCI-e ports. they will be far too massive, and it makes no sense in comparison to just using USB and having them external like the previous gear
They don't look much bigger to me than the ATI reference design for the R9 two slot video cards are quite common.

Yes erk, but that's the prototype, the real one will be at least twice the size, once the inevitable lower hashrate and higher power consumption are dealt with Smiley
erk
Activity: 826
I dunno... when I see that big red water cooling system, I see prototype with excessive waterflow, to allow for overcooling and performance evaluation.  If their target market is 4x of these in a server, I really doubt they'll keep something that unwieldy.  Maybe I missed something here.
The standard unit is obviously not water cooled, it's air cooled, water cooling is just an option the devs are testing.

It would take a might power supply to run 4 x Monarch cards even if they come on on spec.
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
I dunno... when I see that big red water cooling system, I see prototype with excessive waterflow, to allow for overcooling and performance evaluation.  If their target market is 4x of these in a server, I really doubt they'll keep something that unwieldy.  Maybe I missed something here.

They always miss their target. You can count on it.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
I dunno... when I see that big red water cooling system, I see prototype with excessive waterflow, to allow for overcooling and performance evaluation.  If their target market is 4x of these in a server, I really doubt they'll keep something that unwieldy.  Maybe I missed something here.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
^exactly. that card prototype already will need 2-3 slots, and a radiator for it will probably be the only part of it that resembles the reference design.

honestly, they should scrap the design, make it a 4-chip standalone with some PCB  remodelling, and then watercool it in a 'normal' fashion. the PCI form-factor is clearly not working and could be the most terrible design in bitcoin history
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
i find it a joke that these are still going to be used for PCI-e ports. they will be far too massive, and it makes no sense in comparison to just using USB and having them external like the previous gear
They don't look much bigger to me than the ATI reference design for the R9 two slot video cards are quite common.
Have your eyes checked. Specifically, before you go out on the road today with a 1 ton vehicle hurtling at 50mph+.
I think he's probably referring to this

and not this
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

You don't mess with water cooling do you erk Huh  If BFL misses their target wattage...you know they will...those waterblocks may get pretty big,maybe 3 bay at least is my guess.

So now instead of 3 or 4 per PC,your gonna need risers & the ole GPU rigging again  Grin

No standard GPU WB will do,gonna need a couple of CPU type WB & will be very large,hanging off your mobo PCIE slot...better lay your puter on its side!!!  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003
Have your eyes checked. Specifically, before you go out on the road today with a 1 ton vehicle hurtling at 50mph+.
erk
Activity: 826
Pages:
Jump to: