Pages:
Author

Topic: Biblepay BBP Community Discussion Thread - page 8. (Read 23762 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 101
October 30, 2018, 07:20:38 PM
in my opinion it is not right, because your thread is talking about the development of a project that should not be here, indeed here is free space, but certainly has limitations
Activity: 490
Merit: 4
October 30, 2018, 08:23:26 PM
I am a core dev on Gridcoin, and I can categorically say that the lead Gridcoin dev's post is absolutely right. Rob departed on amicable terms and remains on friendly terms. His vision for Gridcoin was simply different than the community's. Rob wanted to take Gridcoin in the direction of DASH masternodes, whereas the rest of the community wanted to keep Gridcoin based on Bitcoin's core code, bringing it up to date with the current bitcoin core, and implementing new features in accordance with the Gridcoin 4.0 roadmap. We are executing on this roadmap.

Thanks for the info. So Rob/biblepay is the same Rob referenced in Wikipedia's Gridcoin article?

"Gridcoin was officially launched October 16, 2013 by its pseudonym developer Rob Halförd."

Rob has not confirmed,  and unfortunately despite many assumptions I don't know we can say 100%.

Activity: 489
Merit: 12
October 30, 2018, 06:38:26 PM
I am a core dev on Gridcoin, and I can categorically say that the lead Gridcoin dev's post is absolutely right. Rob departed on amicable terms and remains on friendly terms. His vision for Gridcoin was simply different than the community's. Rob wanted to take Gridcoin in the direction of DASH masternodes, whereas the rest of the community wanted to keep Gridcoin based on Bitcoin's core code, bringing it up to date with the current bitcoin core, and implementing new features in accordance with the Gridcoin 4.0 roadmap. We are executing on this roadmap.

Thanks for the info. So Rob/biblepay is the same Rob referenced in Wikipedia's Gridcoin article?

"Gridcoin was officially launched October 16, 2013 by its pseudonym developer Rob Halförd."

Activity: 1176
Merit: 111
October 29, 2018, 01:29:09 PM
The problem I have is that Rob was paid for both commits. Neither did he disclose this to the public and I am certain that he wouldn't offer it up without being called out for it, either. This kind of shadowy work cannot be done on a project with so many churches blindly getting onboard. There will be more reveals coming by the way. I'm speaking to churches that Rob went to who declined his offer. He's also out there attempting to "consult" churches in getting BBP mining going. Not going to knock a guy for trying to put food on the table but this kind of double & triple dipping seems WAY out of hand. The GRC connection is only the beginning.

I don't see an issue with this. The code is open source so you can freely copy it. There's no attribution to GridCoin in the code which is wrong...  Even if the code was copied verbatim, you still need to adapt, modify, and test for BiblePay. I doubt it is just copy & paste.
October 26, 2018, 08:14:02 PM
I wish the best for you and Tmike in your new roles, I hope and trust this change works out for the good of the community.

I'm posting your main forum post below for reader convenience.

Thanks!

I want to clarify, we're not looking to become dictators,   but to better relate with the community... If you see something other than this feel free to PM us Smiley
October 26, 2018, 05:34:40 PM
October 26, 2018, 04:49:56 PM
Guys take a look a the recent update for the community.. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.47302933

Rob has opened his hands quite a bit with this, and I would appreciate your support in keeping the community going..

For the time being we can leave this thread open,   I would ask that if you have a post deleted and you do not see a public comment on why from tmike or myself to let one/both of us know.

I will ask one thing,   lets keep Gridcoin speculations off the main thread,  until/unless Rob says there is a link publicly.

This could be a turning point for the community if everyone allows it to be.
Activity: 28
Merit: 3
October 26, 2018, 04:39:49 PM
October 26, 2018, 03:30:41 PM
History gives insight into someone's prior behavior and helps us understand their present behavior. It looks like the former lead dev of a project decided to create a new one that gave him enough control to insure he would never lose it.

The game is about power. The challenge for the dev is the same challenge for all Christians. Do we humble ourselves to the leadership of our true King, or do we cling to our own power?

As for transparency, the CEO of every single public company is required to give up their anonymity and to face ongoing scrutiny. It's only a matter of time until mainstream participation and financial regulation will require the same openness and accountability for CEO-devs in the murky financial world of crypto.

Fair point,  some changes are coming that may help settle things for a bit...   stick around guys it's going to be an interesting ride.
October 26, 2018, 11:03:52 AM
History gives insight into someone's prior behavior and helps us understand their present behavior. It looks like the former lead dev of a project decided to create a new one that gave him enough control to insure he would never lose it.

The game is about power. The challenge for the dev is the same challenge for all Christians. Do we humble ourselves to the leadership of our true King, or do we cling to our own power?

As for transparency, the CEO of every single public company is required to give up their anonymity and to face ongoing scrutiny. It's only a matter of time until mainstream participation and financial regulation will require the same openness and accountability for CEO-devs in the murky financial world of crypto.
Activity: 462
Merit: 103
October 26, 2018, 02:27:08 AM
Just to be clear, I thought it was stated in the reddit forum by current gridcoin lead that Rob left on good terms? I just don't want to mix up current tensions with past history if it isn't correct.

Rob gave up the private key gridcoin foundation. I wonder what he Really thinks versus what is stated in public. It's not good business to speak your mind sometimes.

Exactly. If I were the GridCoin lead dev, I would never say in public something like "Yeah, he was like this and this and we kicked him out". GRC lead dev actually wrote a diplomatic/euphemistic/evasive/unclear sentence which may as well hide whatever you like - quote from Reddit:

Quote from: denravonska
He just had a different vision than what the community voted for and opted to take another path.

Now think for a moment about this sentence. Do you really think it's possible that someone would dedicate months or years of work toward a project with love, and then after a community votes for a different path, he's like "alright guys, see ya!", just like that, without batting an eye? Of course there had to be some drama and emotions, it would be impossible otherwise, especially knowing Rob.

Also, that same quote from Reddit is totally unrelated to the previous comment which said the blockchain stopped after a code commit by Rob, which was obviously referring to some time before July 2017 (before BiblePay was born), yet Den Ravonska says:

Quote from: denravonska
[Nobody was] mad at Rob for chain breakage. In fact, he had nothing to do with the forkapocalypse of early 2018.

What the what?! It's like the previous comment asked if it was Rob's fault for the "forkapocalypse" of 2018, which doesn't make any sense. Why would something which happened in GRC in 2018 have anything to do with Rob which was working on BBP at the time? Why would he even mention something so unrelated? Or was it unrelated? In any case, his message is highly confusing and doesn't say anything concrete, except mentioning some random unrelated event.

Also, the parent comment said:
[...] an update he did made the GRC blockchain stop.

And Den's message says:
These are all incorrect.

But the same Den's message also says:
We did not split part on bad terms, nor was anyone mad at Rob for chain breakage.

Lol. So he is outright lying in the post, saying it's incorrect that the chain broke and then saying that it did broke.

So that was an absolute trash of a message from that guy.

By the way, I see there's another deleted message in that Reddit thread which I didn't see before, so here it is for posterity:

I have a massive issue with this. Now that it is public knowledge I can now be more candid. Rob's non-disclosure of GridCoin is a major breach of trust and I will explain why.

A forum post during the month of January on the BitCoinTalk Forum suggested that "heat mining" be tied to cycles for science by a random user. Rob immediately dog-piles on that and presents this "aha!" moment to the community that he has solved the riddle of the heat mining problem. Convenient that he shoe-horns GRC code into BBP to "sidestep" the botnet, but here's where I have a BIG issue. Code that was worked on for GRC ended up in BBP shortly thereafter.

The problem I have is that Rob was paid for both commits. Neither did he disclose this to the public and I am certain that he wouldn't offer it up without being called out for it, either. This kind of shadowy work cannot be done on a project with so many churches blindly getting onboard. There will be more reveals coming by the way. I'm speaking to churches that Rob went to who declined his offer. He's also out there attempting to "consult" churches in getting BBP mining going. Not going to knock a guy for trying to put food on the table but this kind of double & triple dipping seems WAY out of hand. The GRC connection is only the beginning.

Now I'm thinking - isn't it strange that after all this time Rob still hasn't disclosed his previous work, or his identity? One thing he probably doesn't realize is that people would treat him much better if he had a face! It's easy for people to be insensitive when they are talking to a faceless forum user, but if he showed his face, he would have much more respect automatically. It's basic psychology.
October 25, 2018, 10:14:31 PM
Just to be clear, I thought it was stated in the reddit forum by current gridcoin lead that Rob left on good terms? I just don't want to mix up current tensions with past history if it isn't correct.

Rob gave up the private key gridcoin foundation. I wonder what he Really thinks versus what is stated in public. It's not good business to speak your mind sometimes.
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
October 25, 2018, 09:10:12 PM
October 25, 2018, 04:57:32 AM
Are posts being deleted again? I recall this was not going to happen. Are conditions being met that posts merit deletion?

I don't see posts being deleted.

This is an outright lie. Rob has deleted 2 of my posts from this thread, which expose his lies and deceiving behavior with proposal deletions. Then he covers up the deceits by deleting the posts. Then he covers up the post deletions by further lying that he didn't delete any posts. Undecided Rob, you would be an excellent politician, lol, but here, everything dirty you do cannot be hidden, even with all the deletions you want. You just keep digging a deeper hole for yourself.

A good and honest man wouldn't have to delete any questions or criticisms. A good and honest man has nothing to hide.

Time of deletion of the 1st post: Oct 23 2018, 02:36:31
Time of deletion of the 2nd post: Oct 23 2018, 14:43:22

BCT forum mods can confirm this is the truth.

Also I posted the same posts at the same time in this thread ▼ (yes, this post too), so they can stay there for posterity. One of the posts even received merit. Smiley

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.47169688

Click "Watch" in that thread to be notified about uncensored BiblePay news and info.

That will become the main thread soon, unless Rob decides to radically change.

I'm sorry to everyone in the community that we have to put up with this misery. It's temporary and we will come out of it stronger.

Now I understand why Rob was kicked out of GridCoin. If there is no radical change in his behavior, I'm afraid we will have no choice but to also continue without him.

Ha, tricked you! The real button is at the top-right. Click it now.
October 23, 2018, 01:53:46 PM
We're making progress. Together we stand in Christ.
October 23, 2018, 05:08:13 AM
Good responses, sunk818. His first sentence is baffling to me, I'm shocked, he must have wrote the truth accidentally, lol. Anyway, here's my soon-to-be-deleted post:

-----

No, it's not being declined because of Togo's votes, it's being declined because you haven't voted with your masternodes. The proposal currently stands at only 2 yes votes.

CreationTime: 1540215079 (October 22, 2018 1:31:19 PM)

Code:
gobject getcurrentvotes 45ab07c518bf3b4e175e42ec3122b1a1089ce1b5681758ac4bae26fae82935da

5 negative votes, 4 abstains (0 votes a few hours ago)

---

This means that you removed the votes (reset the proposal) in a centralized manner. You hid the original proposal from your centralized website, in order to deceive and mislead people. But the hidden proposal is actually still visible from the wallet, maybe you forgot that. I'm sure the wallet will be "improved" to also hide the proposals you decide should be reset/removed.

No, I entered a second proposal because Togo voted down the first one and it was so far below zero it could not be voted by me.

Umm, WHAT? Cheesy I honestly didn't expect you would admit so easily that I was right, haha. Cool stuff. Thanks, it's good to be honest. Now an apology to the community would be in order.

Still, that kind of action is deeply concerning for a decentralized project and we hope you will not do it again.

By the way, about your private message to me, mister PM-lord who always sends ugly PMs to people when he's upset, instead of confronting them publicly:

There is absolutely no reason for me to talk to you privately. I'm not interested in your personal life, so anything project-related can and must be talked about in public. And then when you attack someone, it's better for the public to see your real face.

You explicitly called me a coward in the PM, yet ironically you only want to hide in PMs with your dirty talk. In fact you even say in the PM:

Just checking to see if you will post this on the forum

Lol. Same bravery as with post deletions.

Nothing should happen behind closed doors in a cryptocurrency project, especially not in a charity project like this.
October 22, 2018, 10:45:06 PM
No, I entered a second proposal because Togo voted down the first one and it was so far below zero it could not be voted by me.

Wait, you're telling us someone voted down your proposal... and since you didn't vote with all your 80+ masternodes, you can't upvote them anymore? And now that you can't, you created a second proposal so you could maybe upvote the proposal before it is downvoted? Something stinks about this...

Please be careful,  yes he said that, but that doesn't mean it was him that voted against you.   It's possible that someone else was voting around the same time.  I know at least one other that had 37 MN's last month, he could easily have 38 this month.

Are all -38 MNs votes exactly the same IDs? Can we say with certainty it was Togo? Honestly, it could be dozens of people. Rob's alienated more people than my little fingers can count. It was always in theory that someone could oppose Rob's proposal, but at least we know it is a real possibility now.

My only concern is there are now 2 active proposals,  this is a bad precedent to set.  

LOL, bad precedent? Like Rob says, its been happening for months... Duplicate proposals are made by accident or intentionally many times already. It happens on DASH sometimes too, but it happens more frequently with BBP proposals.

Matthew 7:24-27 English Standard Version (ESV)
Build Your House on the Rock
24 “Everyone then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25 And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock. 26 And everyone who hears these words of mine and does not do them will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand. 27 And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell, and great was the fall of it.”
October 22, 2018, 06:33:44 PM
I'm sick of spending a large amount of energy trying to carefully word a post in a hopeless attempt to pander you and sound nice, when you are not nice to others. So here are my raw thoughts, not adjusted to your yes-men taste.

Regarding your statement about control in proposals:  It is entirely inaccurate.  A good example of this is the current Hope for Widows proposal.  I have no control over making it win with Togo's and your masternodes voting it down.  And my payroll this month (which btw, is one half of one half btw:  Its two months of work with one month of proposal - capped at half the IT budget) and its being declined because of Togos votes against it

So, please keep that in mind and adjust your thought processes accordingally.

No, it's not being declined because of Togo's votes, it's being declined because you haven't voted with your masternodes. The proposal currently stands at only 2 yes votes.

Or maybe you have voted, but against your own proposal, to make you look like a victim. So in order to prove that you didn't vote against your proposal, you should list your masternode IDs and then vote with them to prove that they're yours. Of course, you won't do that. So how do you know that all those votes are Togo's? You don't, it's not provable. So you just made an allegation against him. You attacked Togo without proof and now I did that to you, so how does it feel?

Let's say you didn't really vote against your proposal and you have all of your masternode votes available. Then it's easy: if you just vote for the proposal with all of your masternodes, it will pass. But you will not do that because you want to hide the amount of masternodes you own. End of story.

Oh, and don't tell us your votes would not cover the 10% absolute yes votes needed, we've been watching past proposals and the sudden jumps in votes, before you realized you need to vote slowly. And don't tell us you didn't increase your masternode count during the low price period now, because you did. I know that you personally have played a big part in keeping the market afloat.

Also, what is really concerning and very centralized of you is that you have the power to simply delete/hide a proposal on a whim if you feel like it, to reset the votes and change the outcome. This is exactly what you did with the Widows proposal now and what you have been doing multiple times before. Proof:

---

1st widows proposal (the removed one):

Code:
gobject get 61a147f3b0eb0f5e349e8044878cdcb83ef3154084815cdca613394dc5acb129

payment_amount: 481540
CreationTime: 1539455510 (October 13, 2018 6:31:50 PM)

Code:
gobject getcurrentvotes 61a147f3b0eb0f5e349e8044878cdcb83ef3154084815cdca613394dc5acb129

68 positive votes, 72 negative votes, 7 abstains

---

2nd widows proposal:

Code:
gobject get 45ab07c518bf3b4e175e42ec3122b1a1089ce1b5681758ac4bae26fae82935da

payment_amount: 381540 (?)
CreationTime: 1540215079 (October 22, 2018 1:31:19 PM)

Code:
gobject getcurrentvotes 45ab07c518bf3b4e175e42ec3122b1a1089ce1b5681758ac4bae26fae82935da

5 negative votes, 4 abstains (0 votes a few hours ago)

---

This means that you removed the votes (reset the proposal) in a centralized manner. You hid the original proposal from your centralized website, in order to deceive and mislead people. But the hidden proposal is actually still visible from the wallet, maybe you forgot that. I'm sure the wallet will be "improved" to also hide the proposals you decide should be reset/removed.
Pages:
Jump to: