Pages:
Author

Topic: Biblepay BBP Community Discussion Thread - page 3. (Read 23762 times)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 111
You can see the Uganda Women vote go from 8 to 155. I'm sure he'll slow roll his votes to make it look like its by the community... but basically, it is Rob holding 25% of the masternodes and voting with them every month. You just need net 10% out of all the masternodes online to pass a proposal. So, if there are 600 masternodes, then you need a net positive 60 to pass a proposal. If Rob was welcoming of the community voting without interference by him, he wouldn't vote... But he is scared to lose control and power. Rob just made took 39M BBP and made 25 more masternodes: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bbp/tx.dws?924074.htm

This is why he wants to increase the masternode requirements... #1 make it more difficult for new people to buy masternodes and vote, #2 save money on his hosting costs.

You don't someone that wants to grow the coin and increase participation wouldn't behave in such a way. How can anyone trust the coin this way?
I agree about the non-profit. I've been seeing more and more coins making foundations, non-profits, or even outright companies. I read a couple of days ago the BitTube even just got a license to operate as a financial entity.

The more popular that crypto gets, the harder it will be to remain even semi-anonymous as a dev. At some point there will be more laws, and the enforcers of those laws kind of count on people not hiding their real names. It doesn't matter, once it gets out, that will be the end of hiding.  I think Rob is trying to have it both ways. If you want to stay anonymous, then have a person at the forefront for communication and stay in the back and code. If you want to be the big leader, then the anonymity has to go (if we want success large scale).

I haven't tried the mobile wallet, and should download it and give it a try. I know from the desktop client, I end up uploading about 1GB/day in chain communication, which is kind of a lot. I was told it was because all nodes in BBP are full nodes. Do you know if the mobile wallet operates this way or differently?

Best person to ask is MIP but I recall the mobile wallet download the headers only. It is a fork of bread wallet. The servers the mobile wallet connects to handles the block chain syncing and ask the heavy lifting.
Activity: 226
Merit: 2
I agree about the non-profit. I've been seeing more and more coins making foundations, non-profits, or even outright companies. I read a couple of days ago the BitTube even just got a license to operate as a financial entity.

The more popular that crypto gets, the harder it will be to remain even semi-anonymous as a dev. At some point there will be more laws, and the enforcers of those laws kind of count on people not hiding their real names. It doesn't matter, once it gets out, that will be the end of hiding.  I think Rob is trying to have it both ways. If you want to stay anonymous, then have a person at the forefront for communication and stay in the back and code. If you want to be the big leader, then the anonymity has to go (if we want success large scale).

I haven't tried the mobile wallet, and should download it and give it a try. I know from the desktop client, I end up uploading about 1GB/day in chain communication, which is kind of a lot. I was told it was because all nodes in BBP are full nodes. Do you know if the mobile wallet operates this way or differently?

BiblePay vs DogeCoin Comparison Matrix: https://discontinuo.us/biblepay-unofficial-wiki/news/1904/bbp-vs-doge (the relevant version)

If I may ask, why use DOGE for the comparison? I don't see the connection. It's not really anything like BBP (a comparison to Dash would seem more appropriate).

Also, the matrix is heavily biased towards BBP, with feature options such as "benefits charities" or "church tithing" that are obviously not going to be found elsewhere.

The comparison would come off as far more balanced if there was a few DOGE gimmies like "leverages cute meme", that BBP would fail automatically. Comparisons that are biased to create overwhelming victory for one side always strike me as unfair.

Here's the original link for comparison:
https://wiki.biblepay.org/Nutrition_Information

I think Rob mentioned DogeCoin because DogeCoin is a highly ranked coin. Some of the matrix rows is even more ridiculous. I tried to distill down to the relevant, removed vaporware, etc.

I removed the DASH specific features as well since they are not really innovations. They are just updating the BiblePay code to a more recent version (0.13).

I think the matrix I made is more realistic. If you think it should appear differently, you can edit the wiki (anyone can anonymously edit it).

Doge has the advantage of ridiculous being their brand strength.

Oh, so the items under Evolution in the chart aren't Dash-specific? ...I'm still trying to figure out how mobile wallet staking will work.

As the saying goes, context is everything. I followed that link above, thanks for that. Looking at the old and new matrixes, I think you did good work in whittling down the less relevant comparisons. Nice work on the wiki. I think it's healthy to have official and non-official sources for information.

These are specific to DASH 0.13 and as a result will be same feature in BiblePay Evo (using DASH 0.13 codebase)

51% Attack Prevention (ChainLocks)
Anti-Fork technology (POW + Dash ChainLocks)

I think the idea for mobile staking was being able to perform PoG on the mobile wallet. I don't know if it will be automatic or something you have to do manually to earn a reward.

There are many things on the matrix for Nutrition_Information that is vaporware, so if it ever becomes a production feature, I'm open to editing the wiki to include those line items in the comparison.

Vaporware really belongs on the roadmap if it is really something devs will devote time to.

I'm not optimistic about the 501(c)(3) non-profit since Rob has shown a history of wanting to hide real name. It was Rob Halford when he was a dev with GridCoin. And now using a pseudonym as Robert Andrews. He wants to hide and its a bit difficult to register has a non-profit when you want to be a one-man show and also have to reveal your name. I also wouldn't want any other person being a front-person since it becomes a huge risk and liability to put your name on an organization that you're not leading. I don't know, I hope I can be proven wrong. It'll help get the BiblePay app on the Apple Store.

BiblePay vs DogeCoin Comparison Matrix: https://discontinuo.us/biblepay-unofficial-wiki/news/1904/bbp-vs-doge (the relevant version)

If I may ask, why use DOGE for the comparison? I don't see the connection. It's not really anything like BBP (a comparison to Dash would seem more appropriate).

Also, the matrix is heavily biased towards BBP, with feature options such as "benefits charities" or "church tithing" that are obviously not going to be found elsewhere.

The comparison would come off as far more balanced if there was a few DOGE gimmies like "leverages cute meme", that BBP would fail automatically. Comparisons that are biased to create overwhelming victory for one side always strike me as unfair.

I think Rob mentioned DogeCoin because DogeCoin is a highly ranked coin. Some of the matrix rows is even more ridiculous. I tried to distill down to the relevant, removed vaporware, etc.

I removed the DASH specific features as well since they are not really innovations. They are just updating the BiblePay code to a more recent version (0.13).

I think the matrix I made is more realistic. If you think it should appear differently, you can edit the wiki (anyone can anonymously edit it).

Doge has the advantage of ridiculous being their brand strength.

Oh, so the items under Evolution in the chart aren't Dash-specific? ...I'm still trying to figure out how mobile wallet staking will work.

As the saying goes, context is everything. I followed that link above, thanks for that. Looking at the old and new matrixes, I think you did good work in whittling down the less relevant comparisons. Nice work on the wiki. I think it's healthy to have official and non-official sources for information.

Rob resigns from GridCoin: https://discontinuo.us/biblepay-unofficial-wiki/news/1904/rob-resigns (full text)

1 man show..... totally shitcoin

What do you think of MIP?
Activity: 770
Merit: 100
1 man show..... totally shitcoin
and this is how MN voting works in practice: just have a look. how many MNs the BBP owner has:

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bbp/wallet.dws?1.htm&fbclid=IwAR3CvW4tVGToOC5VhJNoshlkcoOi5Gpog8Jj6mSG5w2BcR2Gp9OUPBr096A

thus we call this "decentralized" coin.

That is an experimental feature. While I think Rob likely have over 85 MNs (maybe a lot more), it is not clear how many he owns... and whether link above is accurate, its hard to say.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
some enlightening video on masternodes and bugs in code, related to dash, but can be applied generally:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBxbiH_Mg44
Activity: 56
and this is how MN voting works in practice: just have a look. how many MNs the BBP owner has:

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bbp/wallet.dws?1.htm&fbclid=IwAR3CvW4tVGToOC5VhJNoshlkcoOi5Gpog8Jj6mSG5w2BcR2Gp9OUPBr096A

thus we call this "decentralized" coin.
Please stop posting here Sun unless it's constructive.

You obviously don't know how to post a constructive complaint.  If you have a constructive complaint, escalate it to The Snat and I promise it will get posted here and assimilated and evaluated.

The problem with your posts is they contain defamation to biblepay and my character, and they are simply lies, and I don't tolerate this Sun.  Post your defamation in your biblepay hate thread - that thread contains a lot of similar materials, half truths with mean spirited attacks and no basis behind them.

None of the code that I released with bugs in it was intentional and everyone can see Im trying as hard as I can to fix every bug we ever had in Evolution.  You can even see the historical commits in order.  It's unfair to attack me based on this type of slander Sun.  

I don't want your mean spirited nature in our community sun, and I dont say this in a mean way, you are hurting our orphans Sun, and Im here to protect them.

Please take a break for 60 days and calm down and repent.  Then we will accept you back if you apologize for saying things like Im a fraud and a fake Christian, these things are not true.

I don't see how anything I've said is defamation. You don't have a good reputation to tarnish. Seriously, ask anyone. Public opinion is on my side.

If you're going to insult me, at least come up with something original instead of stealing my work.

It doesn't matter whether you intended to release code with bugs in it or not, you did so harming the BiblePay community and the precious orphans you supposedly are trying to protect. You know how much harm you've done by pushing away people with the constant changes, unreliable code, and switching algorithms? And you blamed PoG_Monkey for your spaghetti code bugs, when it was clearly your cheeky coding practice:

https://github.com/biblepay/biblepay/commit/962ffe50f70c459d6a991e2f2bc32786d8624f2f#diff-7ec3c68a81efff79b6ca22ac1f1eabbaR4578

But I don't ever expect you to give me a genuine heart felt apology. You're just not capable.

why such a small price coin 5 satosh coin died or what?

Coin has dev that writes spaghetti code. People got tired of constant bugs and changes. So, many people that had to stake BBP for PoDC project, started selling all their BBP. This is why you see the price go down. Dev set up fake buy bots (the ones with .777) to create action and volume, but it is not working.

You know my position on "misinformation" (this is any unprovable statement) - and of course its derogatory because your opinion is negative.

You can frame it however you want to distort your presentation to others. You erase my posts, so we only have your opinion as being the "truth".  I will not not tolerate your defamation of character and libelous statements. You've been warned about this many times. Tread carefully.

So dispel your myths that I want an unusable highly technical wallet with no support personnel.  I obviously want it to be refined with a support community

I'm sure you want support and robust community. I'm afraid you don't know the first thing about building and maintaining relationships. You obviously can't keep a team nor volunteer group together. We all come from different backgrounds, strengths, and traits... but it all boils down to your character. You're the biggest asset and unfortunately, biggest liability, in this project.

Unstable: the code speaks for itself. Three mandatory upgrades within six weeks when the standard is one mandatory every three months.

https://github.com/biblepay/biblepay/commits/master

1187 - feb 10
1189 - feb 18
1199 - mar 13
1201 - mar 26
If I misread that, my bad, happy to be corrected.

I clearly gave three options:
1) I would submit a proposal
2) Rob can pay directly
3) Someone else can submit a proposal

I believe you are complicit in allowing toxic behavior to go unaddressed and focusing on the code and mission only. There's more to running a project than code. At this point, I want to have as little interaction with Rob as possible.

and what exactly is wrong if one ad is displayed at the bottom of the page.  Page owner  has to earn some revenue dont you think.

@Sun, please keep the negative rhetoric off the forum going forward.

@Sun, please keep the negative rhetoric off the forum going forward.

The conversation is between noxpost and I.
I do not, but would be interested in one as well. I have roughly 25 phones crunching BOINC 24/7 in my home because I keep picking up "free" phones from Straight talk when I order my service plan cards each month. It is sad when it is cheaper to get a whole new phone then to replace a bloated battery....

If you come across any other Android friendly coins, please keep me in mind. Smiley

I may have to explore that StraightTalk angle. I tried Einstein@Home with my Android and didn't get any credit.

Maybe GRCpool for Android BOINC? I can't really see CPU mining on ARM being that successful. Even on my TinkerBoard I get at max 200 hps on 4 cores 100% on ARM Rockchip.
Activity: 103
I do not, but would be interested in one as well. I have roughly 25 phones crunching BOINC 24/7 in my home because I keep picking up "free" phones from Straight talk when I order my service plan cards each month. It is sad when it is cheaper to get a whole new phone then to replace a bloated battery....

If you come across any other Android friendly coins, please keep me in mind. Smiley
Sounds easy enough to add to my phone with uplexa, and a browser window mining surfcoin. 3 coins on an old phone...not bad.

I'm especially interested in "free" coins or ones that use so little resources they're basically free, so thanks for the tip on Electroneum. My goal is 6 coins mined at the same time on a phone.

Do you know of any decent coins that will mine from an android wallet?

Activity: 103
Actually, you don't have to use the Chrome install they have. You can use the other clients. Once our Cure/folding coin accounts are set up, you just fold however you need as long as you are attached to their team. I won't switch teams, so will only receive Curecoin. I also don't give Folding@home much attention as I don't like how it has been ran over the years. They treat their donors like crap.

Neummanium appears dead. I've not received anything from them since probably November 2018. Nothing from the Devs for months in their thread here (well I haven't checked recently anyways). The only way you got rewards from SETI and Einstein is if you bought their hardware. Otherwise, you had to run WCG. I converted mine to WAVES and think it amounted to like 1 Wave token. At least that has real value. https://hardforum.com/threads/earn-neummanium-with-distributed-computing.1971444/

DCC (SPARC) is no longer rewarding for BOINC. So, you have to run their work to get rewarded.

I will have to look into Uplexa.

Are you already getting Electroneum on your phone? https://hardforum.com/threads/how-to-earn-electroneum-on-an-android-device-simulated-mining.1960821/#post-1043637926 That setup guide is a bit old but should be pretty simple still. They changed their mobile miner a bit. Instead of "simulated mining" on your phone, they now do the "simulated mining" on their servers. Basically, now you just check in once a week to "extend mining" and maybe do a selfy. Don't even need the app running the whole time. It isn't a lot but it is "free".
Pages:
Jump to: