Pages:
Author

Topic: BiblePay - New Coin Launch - Official Thread - page 70. (Read 119833 times)

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115
When will be available the wallet c-cex.com??? I wrote "Maintenance..."
C-CEX is waiting for us to give them green light to upgrade.

I want to ensure the ReadBlockFromDisk error is Dead before I green light them.

Overnight, I made an update internally to the pool server with new code.  Now I am burning it in.  
We will have to wait until I have time to parse the logs and ensure the error is dead.

Looks like you can still trade BBP on C-Cex: https://c-cex.com/?p=bbp-btc
But you can't withdraw or deposit BBP, so thats cool I didnt know maintenance mode meant you could still trade Smiley
Activity: 221
Merit: 100
still dont understand that my 2CORE/4HT G4560 is same like my RYZEN 1700 8CORE/16HT    gpuproclimit setup 2CORE= 8 and RYZEN =16   hash same ca. 8500  Cry

switch to linux
Activity: 770
still dont understand that my 2CORE/4HT G4560 is same like my RYZEN 1700 8CORE/16HT    gpuproclimit setup 2CORE= 8 and RYZEN =16   hash same ca. 8500  Cry
Activity: 89
Merit: 7
Can someone explain to me what the "genproclimit" number is and how it works. I know the higher it goes the more processing power you use in turn generating more coin. but the other day i was running it at 15 and now i can't run it over 8. is there a reason for that?
after F7000 (7000 block) there is new algorithm.
this is explained by bible_pay few page ago.

genproclimit - mean how many thread run for mining
in most coin this should be set to number of logical cpu units in your hardware (ie. if you have core i5 , the you have 2 cores and with HT you have 4 threads , so genproclimit set to 4).

in biblepay this is most complicated Wink
just try incrementing from 1 and check when it's best result
wait few minutes between test.
Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

Upgraded to new 1.0.3.5 and tested the new build with linux miners, the miners are still dropping off from the pool as before Sad.
I'm pretty much running a recursive command as inblue does since yesterday.
Code:
while [1]; do ./biblepayd -daemon && sleep 1300 && ./biblepay-cli stop && sleep 15; done

Hmm, Im not sure if I agree with this; when I debugged yesterday, it was definitely the cache, and after 1035 the miner is definitely re-reporting every 6 mins; before the problem, my Vultr Nix box was dropping, After upgrade is not dropping; vultr nix log info showing it is working.

Could you please try the latest version again without your script?

My linux miner has been working great now since upgrading to 1.0.3.5 yesterday, doesnt get kicked off the pool anymore Smiley
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Can someone explain to me what the "genproclimit" number is and how it works. I know the higher it goes the more processing power you use in turn generating more coin. but the other day i was running it at 15 and now i can't run it over 8. is there a reason for that?

Overnight, I made an update internally to the pool server with new code.  Now I am burning it in. 
We will have to wait until I have time to parse the logs and ensure the error is dead.

hmm... on my non-mining nodes I last seen "ReadBlockFromDisk: Errors in block header" on 13 september
Activity: 1176
Merit: 215
Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

Anyway, I was thinking what if we had Blockchain News?  We could create an RPC command that stores a news article, have volunteers type them from a web page, Preview them, include pics, and the web site would transmit the HTML of the article into the block chain with external tags referenced.  Then later if people view the news from in the wallet, they could up-down vote it.  Upvoted articles could reimburse some BBP back to the key who authored it (like steemit).  Downvoted makes the news sort to the bottom so people dont waste their time reading badly designed news.

I was literally floating a very similar concept around with my other developer friends earlier this week. I feel like there is a lot of value (and difficult problems) in the concept of trying to tie value to the information itself rather than to valuing the gatekeeper to the information. There would be a lot to learn in this about how information is actually valued. One major problem would be dealing with prevailing group bias in pivoting what people want to hear vs what the reality is but it still to me sounds like something worth trying. i really like the idea.

Thanks for all the input guys, sounds like something we might be able to do.
One other thing though, CBN.COM has an online prayer room.

Here is the valuable Link:

http://www1.cbn.com/prayer

People post prayers in the 'trollbox', for example this one persons relative had cataract surgery, when you click the link and many many people pray for that person.

This is a higher calling, we may need a Prayer room, either in the pool or in the wallet. 

Upgraded to new 1.0.3.5 and tested the new build with linux miners, the miners are still dropping off from the pool as before Sad.
Code:
while [1]; do ./biblepayd -daemon && sleep 1300 && ./biblepay-cli stop && sleep 15; done

Hmm, Im not sure if I agree with this; when I debugged yesterday, it was definitely the cache, and after 1035 the miner is definitely re-reporting every 6 mins; before the problem, my Vultr Nix box was dropping, After upgrade is not dropping; vultr nix log info showing it is working.

Could you please try the latest version again without your script?

Overnight, I made an update internally to the pool server with new code.  Now I am burning it in. 

Activity: 159
"poolinfo3": "SNA; ",

What does that mean, also just say i want to do some solo mine what would i need to take out in the config to do it.

Code:
addnode=node.biblepay.org  
addnode=biblepay.inspect.network 
gen=1 
genproclimit=7
poolport=80 
pool=http://pool.biblepay.org 
workerid= jamie

The 3 lines with pool info. poolport=80, pool=http://pool.biblepay.org and workerid= jamie  Smiley
Activity: 13
"poolinfo3": "SNA; ",

What does that mean, also just say i want to do some solo mine what would i need to take out in the config to do it.

Code:
addnode=node.biblepay.org  
addnode=biblepay.inspect.network 
gen=1 
genproclimit=7
poolport=80 
pool=http://pool.biblepay.org 
workerid= jamie
Code:

Thanks for reporting about 1.0.3.5. Btw in the meantime I found out it's much easier to do it like you did, with "while true" and not "watch", and also I put the command in a file I named "autorestart.sh" with #!/bin/sh on top and I just run that file and the miners have stayed on the pool all night.
use http://cr.yp.to/daemontools.html
svc can monitoring process and weake up when it die.
it's very simple to use Wink

BTW all my miners are online from 13. september. no one die , all are working.
Activity: 6
Activity: 126
Is it normal that an I5 4210M (2 cores-4 threads and genproclimit=4) gives better HPS than an Xeon x5650 (6 cores-12 threads and genproclimit=6 or 12)
Also the six core Xeon gives better results with genproclimit=6 than 12.
for this question BLIBLE_PAY doesnt know answer... cos my best slow 2core=8500hashes has better results like like my RYZEN 1700 8cores with 5000 hashes
Hps2 is this what we should watch cuz this give us coins.
P.S. read my last post about my hash on ryzen
Activity: 462
Merit: 103
Code:

Thanks for reporting about 1.0.3.5. Btw in the meantime I found out it's much easier to do it like you did, with "while true" and not "watch", and also I put the command in a file I named "autorestart.sh" with #!/bin/sh on top and I just run that file and the miners have stayed on the pool all night.
Activity: 42
I noticed my linux miner seems to dissapear from the pool 10-60 minutes after restarting it, but it still says poolmining true

I do run the linux machine at 32 threads, is there still a thread limit on the pool?
Ill double check the debug.log but I think last time I checked nothing popped out at me.

My miners are disappearing from the pool since two days ago with even only 4 threads and it's still like that. I just set up an automatic restarting of the daemon every 20 minutes with this command:

Code:
watch -n 1200 "./biblepay-cli stop && sleep 10 && ./biblepayd -daemon"
Ok for those dropping from the pool, I just sent out 1.0.3.5 (Non-Mandatory) as a pre-release.
Please test it and we can burn in overnight then release tomorrow.

Regarding the error Happy reported Im still looking at that, it seems to be going away, so Im still trying to get a true root cause.

Code:
Is it normal that an I5 4210M (2 cores-4 threads and genproclimit=4) gives better HPS than an Xeon x5650 (6 cores-12 threads and genproclimit=6 or 12)
Also the six core Xeon gives better results with genproclimit=6 than 12.
for this question BLIBLE_PAY doesnt know answer... cos my best slow 2core=8500hashes has better results like like my RYZEN 1700 8cores with 5000 hashes
Activity: 462
Merit: 103
If pool payouts are based on HPS and not HPS2 (are they?), then why is the leaderboard sorted by HPS2 by default?

P.S. I didn't have time, I will test the 1.0.3.5 soon and report back if the miners stopped disappearing.
very weird= on my htpc machine wallet still crashing  Undecided
Pages:
Jump to: