Pages:
Author

Topic: Bill gates says cryptocurrency is bad - page 46. (Read 148439 times)

Activity: 35
Merit: 0
Perhaps in some ways Bill Gates is right,but most of us are engaged in cryptocurrency,because it can make a profit.And for me this is the main fact,I can make a profit without breaking the law.
Activity: 89
Everything that Bill Gates is outlining that makes crypto bad does not really make any sense, seeing as criminals don't need crytpocurrencies to help them buy and move illegal goods. They have been doing that just fine for year using fiat, so saying that crypto is bad because of anonymity and it being used by criminals is off.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005
I don't consider surprising that the owner of a large corporation is against crypto-currency. I think Bill fears that blockchain technologies can take a significant share of Microsoft. Arguments about the fact that weapons and drugs can be bought for the crypto currency are in general meaningless. Previously, they were bought for fiat currency. 

It turns out, the fiat money is also bad one?   Smiley
Activity: 1666
Merit: 629
In his own reddit AskMeEverything page, https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/80ow6w/im_bill_gates_cochair_of_the_bill_melinda_gates/

He answers about cryptocurrency stating
“The main feature of crypto currencies is their anonymity. I don't think this is a good thing. The Government’s ability to find money laundering and tax evasion and terrorist funding is a good thing. Right now crypto currencies are used for buying fentanyl and other drugs so it is a rare technology that has caused deaths in a fairly direct way. I think the speculative wave around ICOs and crypto currencies is super risky for those who go long.”

He isn't wrong in his sense, if the cryptocurrency is to have a future, they should be able to create an environment of trust between themselves and the authorities.

We Turks have a proverb: The tree that gives fruit is stoned.

This is precisely the case. Why does not he like it, sir? Is it a problem for other people to be rich except for hers? Or is the fear that a sector could become a new opponent? I think all this is what you say, unless you have a clear answer to all these questions. That's why no matter who you say, do not believe any of your friends.
Activity: 459
Merit: 10
Bill Gates is an undisputed giant in the IT industry, but I don't think he really understands cryptocurrencies. He even opposed cryptocurrencies in order to safeguard the interests of Microsoft Corporation.
Activity: 812
Merit: 501
Everyone can give opinions. SHould we follow his opinion? I don;t think so. More people say cryptocrency is bad. In fact, they don't get in touch deeply in cryptocurrency. DO the community stop of die because of the FUD? No, previous persons had spoken up the same thing, like Jamie Dimon. Would you leave cryptocurrency because fo bill gates? Bill gates has reached his wealth say crypto is bad. And you is your choice.
Activity: 20
Bill Gates is a wrinkled old prune these days, he had his multiple decades in the spotlight from 1980 through 2000s and was a huge authority on computer software, but I have no interest in what he has to say these days especially on the topics of finance and investment.
Activity: 630
Merit: 100
If any of us were Bill,  we would have said the same thing.  If you are one of the few beneficiary of defective and secretive system that benefit only the few and leave the rest of the population high and dry,  you would think twice before you  attack anything that can put you out of business!
Activity: 420
Merit: 1
Well, everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion. Cryptocurrency to me is a good technological development, depending on how you use it. My advise most times to those who are into crypto, most especially the newbies, is for them not to be gullible. Do not because of the fast and big profit you intend accruing, now decide to put all that you have into crypto. Also, this technology has its own applications and very soon we will start seeing the positive effect of crypto on our lives.
Activity: 442
In fact, such an argument is indeed correct. The circulation of cryptocurrency will certainly produce many different problems. Illegal crimes are inevitable. In fact, the cryptocurrency wants to develop healthily, but it also needs government supervision to achieve
Activity: 1148
Merit: 251
Everyone of us has it's own opinions about cryptocurrency. Making this statement does'nt convince that cryptocurrency makes a good thing to people. Once he sees cryptocurrency benefited him maybe he will develop new platform who knows he might involve in crypto soonest.
Activity: 714
Merit: 104
Maybe Bill late to buy cryptos and now their position is that.
I dont read their opinion point, what exactly hes dont like in cryptos
Activity: 79
I have feeling that Bill and banks are afraid anonymity
Activity: 671
Merit: 103
Moni
It seems that Bill Gates is a FUDer and I won't be surprised if he create internal crypto for Microsoft after certain period of time like Facebook promised to create.
These double standards pisses me off
Activity: 210
In this situation, most likely, he simply does not see the value in the cryptocurrency as an effective stable unit of labor. Therefore, it speaks about the anonymity of cryptocurrencies as a threat. Nowadays, large banks can arrange anonymity not worse than any cryptocurrency for respectable clients.
Activity: 84
Bill Gates like many other "BIG" names probably don't know very well the entire crypto world...  main feature is not privacy but the what the decentralization with blockchain can revolutionize many sectors and activity
Activity: 70
He looses if he declares himself against cryptocurrency because crypto is the future of the finances.
Activity: 168
I don't think it's strange at all. Whenever something new emerges, it often has two different voices.
One is to praise and the other is to oppose. However, when these technologies(blockchain) are really accepted by others, these opposition voices will slowly stop.
Activity: 322
Merit: 1
bill gates has already said a lot in his life. he was right with some, and was wrong with some.

so i'm not worried about anyone saying that. crypto are here to stay.
Activity: 2268
Merit: 789
In his own reddit AskMeEverything page, https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/80ow6w/im_bill_gates_cochair_of_the_bill_melinda_gates/

He answers about cryptocurrency stating
“The main feature of crypto currencies is their anonymity. I don't think this is a good thing. The Government’s ability to find money laundering and tax evasion and terrorist funding is a good thing. Right now crypto currencies are used for buying fentanyl and other drugs so it is a rare technology that has caused deaths in a fairly direct way. I think the speculative wave around ICOs and crypto currencies is super risky for those who go long.”

He isn't wrong in his sense, if the cryptocurrency is to have a future, they should be able to create an environment of trust between themselves and the authorities.

Famous billionaires like Bill Gates may be right but they have grown accustomed to the traditional way of investing money. What makes cryptocurrencies volatile is its decentralized nature in the market. Its anonymity factor eliminates the need of having a peer-to-peer transaction but the negative implication is what Bill Gates mentioned, which is that it can be used as an avenue to acquire or smuggle illegal products and services.
Everyone is entitled to have their share of opinions but the positive implication outweighs the negative effect it brings to the table. If his main concern revolves around the lack of security and safety, then implementing strict rules may be able to do the trick! We must also take into consideration that cryptocurrencies have become paramount in today's society in terms of an investment alternative and as a currency being utilized around the world.
Pages:
Jump to: