Pages:
Author

Topic: Bill gates says cryptocurrency is bad - page 48. (Read 148439 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 0
Everyone has their own views, Bill gates saying cryptos is bad doesn't make it to be bad,   Only time will tell who is right and wrong.

Well to be fair, Windows is also used for criminal activity. Doesn't mean the whole OS and the company are evil or bad.
Activity: 438
Merit: 250
Everyone has their own views, Bill gates saying cryptos is bad doesn't make it to be bad,   Only time will tell who is right and wrong.
Activity: 224
Merit: 10
Bill Gates is wrong. To be honest, I didn't expect such a shallow response from him. There are thousands of such statements from various famous people, but he does not say that they are at least right in everything! They do not decide to be or not to be, but we are ordinary people who believe in this technology and hope that with the help of the blockchain our life will be better, we can influence it!

But soon the tokens will begin to play a role in many people's life and we will see broad adoption. And the day will come that they will make their own cryptocurrency integrated within their OS.
Activity: 2
In his own reddit AskMeEverything page, https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/80ow6w/im_bill_gates_cochair_of_the_bill_melinda_gates/

He answers about cryptocurrency stating
“The main feature of crypto currencies is their anonymity. I don't think this is a good thing. The Government’s ability to find money laundering and tax evasion and terrorist funding is a good thing. Right now crypto currencies are used for buying fentanyl and other drugs so it is a rare technology that has caused deaths in a fairly direct way. I think the speculative wave around ICOs and crypto currencies is super risky for those who go long.”

He isn't wrong in his sense, if the cryptocurrency is to have a future, they should be able to create an environment of trust between themselves and the authorities.

I think it is just roumours, I dont believe the negative news about crypto. I have got alot benefit from it. I think soon the tokens will begin to play a role in many people's life and we will see broad adoption.Lets see.

Yes, iI don't believe in rumors, they just want to let the crypto down and this will not gonna happen because more and more people are using this cryptocurrency.
I'm too!
Activity: 280
Merit: 11
In his own reddit AskMeEverything page, https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/80ow6w/im_bill_gates_cochair_of_the_bill_melinda_gates/

“The main feature of crypto currencies is their anonymity. I don't think this is a good thing. The Government’s ability to find money laundering and tax evasion and terrorist funding is a good thing. Right now crypto currencies are used for buying fentanyl and other drugs so it is a rare technology that has caused deaths in a fairly direct way. I think the speculative wave around ICOs and crypto currencies is super risky for those who go long.”

He isn't wrong in his sense, if the cryptocurrency is to have a future, they should be able to create an environment of trust between themselves and the authorities.

I think it is just roumours, I dont believe the negative news about crypto. I have got alot benefit from it. I think soon the tokens will begin to play a role in many people's life and we will see broad adoption.Lets see.

Yes, iI don't believe in rumors, they just want to let the crypto down and this will not gonna happen because more and more people are using this cryptocurrency.
Activity: 434
Merit: 100
He said that because he believes that anonymity in the virtual currency is not a good thing. He thinks cryptocurrencies such as bitcoin, ethereum, ripple and others help people to conspire in covering up their financial transactions from the state. Gates regretted the abused blockchain revolution for criminal acts of finance, terrorism, and drug trafficking.

Gates's opinion is not entirely wrong. Some state authorities claim that the virtual currency is often misused to fund a number of criminal actions such as money laundering or terrorism. But everyone has their own opinion, and we can not force anyone to believe in something they does not believe in. Good or bad cryptocurrencies it's depends on the opinions of each person.
Activity: 79
Merit: 12

Anonymity is the biggest feature of virtual coins, but if the government wants to really check out the coins it will cost some.
Activity: 150

Activity: 2
No ! Bill gates false!
Activity: 154
Everyone has their own opinion on cryptocurrency. Rich may say it's bad but some rich people may say its good (because they are earning because of it), Poor people may say it's good but some poor people may say bad (because they only rely the information on the news about it.)
Activity: 154
Crptocurrency is bad to those people who know nothing about this because of the risk. Bill Gates might right but we have our own opinion and if you think you are confident enough with this then go for it after all those big guys will use bitcoin soon and promote their own coins.

We cannot stop the arguments of cryptocurrency wether bad or good yes many says it's a scam but yet they did not experience the inside of  dealings with cryptos we let them think  so that means we are in front liner of investors we knew that Bill gates is a business man many someday he expressed positive words toward crypto currency.
Activity: 728
Merit: 14
was not it bill gates that almost overslept the internet age? now he talks badly about crypto. funny! it seems bill is again to late and almost overslept the crypto age.  Grin
Activity: 289
I believe, that Bill Gates certainly has some bitcoins saved for future Smiley the same for every rich person there a the olymp Smiley
Activity: 462
I guess Bill Gates probably owns a lot of Bitcoins, but you don't know it.
He said that this is just not willing to acknowledge the value of Bitcoin, but it does not mean that he will not invest in Bitcoin.
Activity: 223

Everybody is entitled to his/her opinion. But I hate when you always look at the bad side of a thing without a forensic look on the good side. Every aspect of life has the good and the bad side. So do not take advantage of the bad side to discourage people from investing in cryptocurrency.
Activity: 672
Merit: 100

and John Mcafee says  Bitcoin will to the moon in 2020, especiallny the price will grow 500K USD, if not he will eat his penis. this is seriously argument from people like that. i' surely many speculation about crypto and Bitcoin. what i can say never trust to other people say abaout bitcoin. what we do now keep moving and rock n roll
Activity: 1
I think everybody is telling microsoft sucks and def the Creators update so please fix your own stuff before complaining about crypto
Activity: 224
Merit: 1
I’ve heard that pleanthbof times here, on the forum. But I think there is no reason to worry because of it..
Activity: 27
 I think people are trying to understand now that we need government to clarify the issue surrounding tax in particular, the space is growing and they can't neglect this size of money flowing through the space
Activity: 240
The only wrong they can find with cryptocurrencies is their anonymity and even now that is becoming less and less of a problem because exchanges are now carrying out KYC on their platforms making it less  anonymous. I would not be surprised if bill gates has some investment banker somewhere that is investing in cryptocurrencies for him
Pages:
Jump to: