Pages:
Author

Topic: Bir Tawil nation - page 7. (Read 6380 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 101
April 14, 2014, 05:33:26 PM
I dont think the location is ideal.

the only unclaimed location other then this is Antartica

and don't think we would have enough sunny hours for solar panels there Cheesy
Well, to be fair it is claimed: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westarctica
However, I highly doubt the guy who claims it will do much if we claim it as well.

How about building a few earthships on antarctica? Since it's solid ground there would be possible to place the nation under ground!
Solar panels would work if we were able to store the electricity generated during the summers (around december) since antarctica has midnight sun for a time every year.

interesting

but isn't Bir Tawil more ideal?

it's definitely hoter and therefore generating more electricity

besides, it's closer to civilisation and we could gain some tourists

we could be in some sort of a relationship with Egypt like Vatican is with Italy so we can have free travel between our countries and therefore having tourists that come to Egypt visit us and Egypt will have tourists that visit us to visit them Smiley
Activity: 541
Merit: 500
Garbochock
April 14, 2014, 04:09:34 PM

Well, to be fair it is claimed: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westarctica
However, I highly doubt the guy who claims it will do much if we claim it as well.

How about building a few earthships on antarctica? Since it's solid ground there would be possible to place the nation under ground!
Solar panels would work if we were able to store the electricity generated during the summers (around december) since antarctica has midnight sun for a time every year.
April 14, 2014, 01:47:03 PM

April 14, 2014, 01:40:12 PM
Egyptian soldiers are present in Bir Tawil. You will have to expel them, to claim the territory. A status quo is being maintained between Egypt and Sudan for some time now. I don't think they will welcome unusual visitors.

May be we could purchase it from Egypt and Sudan?

And there is a reason why both of the nations don't want this place:

For either of them to claim the Bir Tawil Triangle would be to relinquish their claim to the Hala’ib Triangle. And while Hala’ib is also mainly rock and sand, it is not only ten times larger than Bir Tawil, but also adjacent to the Red Sea - so rather more interesting.

it could probably be purchased or we could inquire the Egyptian goverment if we could form a country there under their protectorate?
Activity: 366
Merit: 250
April 14, 2014, 01:37:02 PM
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
April 14, 2014, 01:31:39 PM
Egyptian soldiers are present in Bir Tawil. You will have to expel them, to claim the territory. A status quo is being maintained between Egypt and Sudan for some time now. I don't think they will welcome unusual visitors.

May be we could purchase it from Egypt and Sudan?

And there is a reason why both of the nations don't want this place:

For either of them to claim the Bir Tawil Triangle would be to relinquish their claim to the Hala’ib Triangle. And while Hala’ib is also mainly rock and sand, it is not only ten times larger than Bir Tawil, but also adjacent to the Red Sea - so rather more interesting.

April 14, 2014, 01:12:18 PM
So I'v seen a few threads about building a bitcoin island

But the only territory that is unclaimed except for Antartica territories is Bir Tawil

It's basically sand, nothing else

BUT

High temperatures, plenty of sunny time means paradise for the crypto community

Why?

Setting up solar panels with maximum usage (so much sunny hours Cheesy) and generating free electricity to build massive space for mining

Possibility of creating a cex.io like website and selling mining GH/s etc. to acquire money for this project

What do you guys think?

2060 km2, a lot more then a 10sq km2 island to build or a 0.2 sq km2 island to purchase Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: