Pages:
Author

Topic: bitbattle.me - no deposit, instant bets, ZERO waiting! 0-conf accepted! - page 2. (Read 16364 times)

Activity: 488
Merit: 500
The backend was done for about one hour, but now back up again. All transactions that came in during that time have been processed.
Bitbattle.me just exceeded a total volume of 125.000 BTC, with 180.000 bets placed. This makes for an average of 0.69 BTC or approximately 6 USD per bet Smiley
Hi Herbert, how is this provably fair?  Can you explain the mechanism please.
It is following the common standard: TransactionID + output index is combined with a daily secret to determine the lucky number. The hashes of the daily secret are pre-calculated and can be downloaded from the site so you can check if the correct secret number was used.
Each bet contains detailed instructions how to verify. Sample: http://bitbattle.me/bet/179695/

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Bitbattle.me just exceeded a total volume of 125.000 BTC, with 180.000 bets placed. This makes for an average of 0.69 BTC or approximately 6 USD per bet Smiley
Hi Herbert, how is this provably fair?  Can you explain the mechanism please.
Bitbattle.me just exceeded a total volume of 125,000 BTC, with 180,000 bets placed. This makes for an average of 0.69 BTC or approximately 6 USD per bet Smiley
One hell of a session indeed.
But looking at his stats benzoate is in normal range. Look at http://bitbattle.me/statistics/lucky_numbers/benzoate/ and http://bitbattle.me/statistics/win_percentage/benzoate/. He just had some bad luck (after having some good luck few days before Wink)
Some significant amounts were bet the last few days.
Check out the stats of benzoate and gandalf - quiet some impressive sessions there, both winning and losing Grin.

Although they don't yet come close to the long-standing record-holding 1260 BTC payout obtained by Ash. To be fair I should mention that at that time the bet limits were around 30% higher than today Wink
Since bitcoin-Qt 0.8.2 has been released with updated default tx fee policy I changed the according policy also on bitbattle.me:

• Transaction fee for payouts is calculated accordingly (minimum 0.0001 BTC instead of 0.0005)

Also the acceptance policy for unconfirmed transactions is adjusted:

• If a transaction has fee >= 0.0005 0.0001, and all inputs are confirmed -> ALLOW
  • If a transaction has fee < 0.0005 0.0001, but all inputs are confirmed -> ALLOW
  • If a transaction has fee < 0.0005 0.0001, and at least one input is unconfirmed -> REJECT
  • If a transaction has at least one unconfirmed input but fee >= 0.0005 0.0001 -> ALLOW
  • If a transaction has at least one unconfirmed input and fee < 0.0005 0.0001 -> REJECT

Have fun  Grin
Activity: 504
This is only a tiny thing, but you should set a favicon for Bitbattle.

And wow, poor fella.

18 bet and not a single win Shocked
GCInc informed me that http://botdice.com/ has been extended with bitbattle.me data. So you can test your bet strategy there without risking real coins Smiley
Although being inactive since several weeks, according to http://bitbattle.me/statistics/payout/ player Slim is still leading the payout charts with an impressive 22900.8674 BTC!

It's about time for someone stepping up to this position - Come on guys! Wink
What about total BTC bet?
Total volume (incoming + outgoing transactions) of bitbattle.me is just a few hundred short of hitting 100,000 bitcoins Cool

Very nice, early grats on the 100k mark Smiley

Thanks, and now you can officially congratulate! Today the total volume broke the 100.000 BTC mark  Grin

And just in case you are wondering: Bitbattle.me is still available from everywhere, including U.S.! Wink
As these questions came up quite often the last days I updated the FAQ with
  • My bet got REJECTED. Why?
  • My payment is in state "paid" but does not confirm and/or is not showing up on blockchain.info. Where is it?
Ever consider having a deposit at the start of the battle so that there isn't a tx fee every time you bet? Would cut down on costs.

I was thinking of suggesting a way to allow users to gamble with their in session winnings, would have a similar effect.(less tx and faster)

Seems like a fun idea.

Regarding deposits I don't really like that idea. I think one advantage of bitbattle.me is the possibility for instant bets without any deposit in advance. I want to keep the amount of trust a new player needs into the site as low as possible, hence no initial account or deposit required.

Another thing is the idea of using your session winnings to gamble. Sounds interesting, but would require a total new betting system off-the-blockchain. So at least in the near future something like this will not be implemented...

If you want to save transaction fees you can already now place multiple bets in one transaction using "sendmandy"-functionality. But of course this does not help if you are running a bet strategy that depends on the result of previous bets.

Btw, as it seems 0.8 client will reduce the minimum forced tx fee I will follow and also adjust the fees both required for incoming bet transactions and for payment transactions.
b!z
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010
Ever consider having a deposit at the start of the battle so that there isn't a tx fee every time you bet? Would cut down on costs.

I was thinking of suggesting a way to allow users to gamble with their in session winnings, would have a similar effect.(less tx and faster)

Seems like a fun idea.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Changing avatars is currently not possible.

Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Activity: 504
Total volume (incoming + outgoing transactions) of bitbattle.me is just a few hundred short of hitting 100,000 bitcoins Cool

Very nice, early grats on the 100k mark Smiley
b!z
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010
Does anybody want to play multiplayer with me? I've never had the chance to try it out  Huh
Pages:
Jump to: