Pages:
Author

Topic: bitbattle.me - no deposit, instant bets, ZERO waiting! 0-conf accepted! - page 6. (Read 16364 times)

Activity: 488
Merit: 500
Pushed some small updates today:
  • Make the notification of waiting multiplayer game more prominent, including waiting opponents name.
  • Make sure to close multiplayer sessions in time even when no bet was placed.
  • Inform player about remaining seconds if he wants to close a session early.
  • Added info on transaction acceptance policy to rules
  • Show timestamp in payments history

And some numbers:
The total volume of bitbattle.me just crossed the 50000 BTC line, with almost 70000 bets placed in more than 3300 sessions!
Site update rolled out today with new Statistics and many more small fixes:

Especially the last change should significantly improve the loading speed of your dashboard! And as always - Please let me know if you see any issue with the changes  Wink

Server had some troubles and was restarted, but the site did not come up clean again. Looking at it right now...

Up and running! Database needed some nudgin to start working again  Grin
Site will be down a few minutes for upgrading...

Good news - I think i found a possibility to decrease the amount of confirmed coins necessary for filling up a payout while keeping my strict rule of using unconfirmed coins only if they were received by the same player. This requires some code change and testing, but seems totally doable Cool.

The upgraded payment engine is now rolled out. With this change I am confident that the site will not run out of confirmed balance again (at least not due to long confirmation time Wink). I put a lot of time in testing this, but as always please let me know when something seems not correct!
There was a bug in multplayer payment code that could lead to not paying out all players of a session  Sad
So far only one session was affected by this bug (http://bitbattle.me/game/31a91d4518b14139bbe1091356ea9488/). Player SHatschiM did not receive his 0.094 payout when the session was closed. The bug is now fixed and the payment has been made (you can see it now in the session log, the latest payment was issued several hours after the session was closed).

SHatschiM, if you read this: Please accept my apology for the late payment!
In case you wonder/noticed:
This morning there was a somehow strange situation. Starting from 5:59 until 10:15 not a single incoming bet transaction got confirmed. As Slim was quite active in this timeframe the available amount of confirmed coins gradually decreased until it hit the safety limit. Therefor the site went into "Backend Down"  mode, not accepting any new incoming bet and immediately refunding it. Then came Block #216886 at 10:15 including all missing transactions at once Shocked

Thought this might be worth sharing with you :-):
Here is a snapshot from my balance tracker at that time (Red is unconfirmed, blue is confirmed balance):

Each downwards step on the blue line is the payout of a session with positive outcome, so in addition to the unconfirmed coins that came in during the session confirmed funds had to be used for the payout.
The first part is what i usually see: After a relative short time the incoming bets get confirmed, so the amount of confirmed coins jumps up and down, but overall keeps quite stable. But then at 5:59 the confirmations just stopped and the confirmed balance started tumbling down...
Good news - I think i found a possibility to decrease the amount of confirmed coins necessary for filling up a payout while keeping my strict rule of using unconfirmed coins only if they were received by the same player. This requires some code change and testing, but seems totally doable Cool.
Blockchain.info

I've been using it for a while though so why is it just now starting?
Good question. For now I increased the hot wallet balance, but I don't think it will be enough to cover a situation like this morning where it took 4 hours to confirm the inputs. I am still trying to understand exactly how this situation evolved - Hope I can come up with a strategy different from "just put ten times more into the hot wallet"...
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
Blockchain.info

I've been using it for a while though so why is it just now starting?
Down again. Sad

I brokeded it? Cry

Not broke, but same situation like this morning. Site is sitting on a pile of unconfirmed inputs from your bets, so the confirmed balance is too low to accept new bets.

Which client do you currently use? Because I was more or less assuming that all clients will prefer confirmed inputs to unconfirmed ones when initiating a transaction. I looked at some of your bet transactions and am quite surprised that seemingly all your bet's inputs are consisting of my previous payment outputs, yet unconfirmed. This is generating huge chains of unconfirmed transactions - I can understand that these transactions are not preferred by miners even if they all have txfees set.
Down again. Sad

I brokeded it? Cry
This morning there was a somehow strange situation. Starting from 5:59 until 10:15 not a single incoming bet transaction got confirmed. As Slim was quite active in this timeframe the available amount of confirmed coins gradually decreased until it hit the safety limit. Therefor the site went into "Backend Down"  mode, not accepting any new incoming bet and immediately refunding it. Then came Block #216886 at 10:15 including all missing transactions at once Shocked

I really did not expect that no confirmations come in for such a long time. I almost started panicking about a new/unkown type of double-spend attack Undecided. But as Slim really seems to be a nice person as far as I know him I knew it must be something else.

So, Lesson learned? Hot wallet balance needs to increase to have more confirmed coins available any time Roll Eyes And obviously more players are needed, so that if one player/wallet has this kind of problem there are enough other transactions that still go through fine. (I suspect the main problem is quite long chains of unconfirmed transactions being built up between bitbattle and Slims wallet. Unconfirmed win payouts were immediately again coming in as new bet, again ending up in the next unconfirmed payout...)

lol... yeah, I was on a losing streak for the record books too!!! late night gambling... baaaaadddddd

I really did not expect that no confirmations come in for such a long time. I almost started panicking about a new/unkown type of double-spend attack Undecided. But as Slim really seems to be a nice person as far as I know him I knew it must be something else.

So, Lesson learned? Hot wallet balance needs to increase to have more confirmed coins available any time Roll Eyes And obviously more players are needed, so that if one player/wallet has this kind of problem there are enough other transactions that still go through fine. (I suspect the main problem is quite long chains of unconfirmed transactions being built up between bitbattle and Slims wallet. Unconfirmed win payouts were immediately again coming in as new bet, again ending up in the next unconfirmed payout...)

It's working now BUT, what is odd about this previous incident is that I had already placed several bets prior to those failing.  Huh
That's correct. The transactions that went through had already confirmed inputs, so they went through regardless of the txfee. The rejected ones had unconfirmed inputs when they came in, so i checked the txfee.

Odd, I shouldn't have had any unconfirmed coins in my wallet today. Oh well...
It's working now BUT, what is odd about this previous incident is that I had already placed several bets prior to those failing.  Huh
That's correct. The transactions that went through had already confirmed inputs, so they went through regardless of the txfee. The rejected ones had unconfirmed inputs when they came in, so i checked the txfee.

Geez, now I'm having a problem with losing... Obviously something is broken again, could you fix that as well?! lol Wink
Grin
Well, all my current bets are being refunded due to "potential double spend".
Nice Roll Eyes I'm checking your transactions now. Which client are you using?

Edit:
  • If a transaction has at least one unconfirmed input but higher fee (>= 0.001) -> ALLOW
  • If a transaction has at least one unconfirmed input and fee < 0.001 -> REJECT
I changed these two rules so that a tx fee of 0.0005 is sufficient. Let's see how it works. 

Geez, now I'm having a problem with losing... Obviously something is broken again, could you fix that as well?! lol Wink
It varies, sometimes blockchain.info and sometimes local bitcoin app. That particular instance was blockchain. testing...
Well, all my current bets are being refunded due to "potential double spend".
Nice Roll Eyes I'm checking your transactions now. Which client are you using?

Edit:
  • If a transaction has at least one unconfirmed input but higher fee (>= 0.001) -> ALLOW
  • If a transaction has at least one unconfirmed input and fee < 0.001 -> REJECT
I changed these two rules so that a tx fee of 0.0005 is sufficient. Let's see how it works. 
Pages:
Jump to: