Pages:
Author

Topic: bitbattle.me - no deposit, instant bets, ZERO waiting! 0-conf accepted! - page 8. (Read 16364 times)

Activity: 117
Merit: 10
PS.... check your email Smiley
Last night the handling of incoming bets was stuck.
Affected players were "SlickTheNick", "Sluice", "slim", "ConnorCG", "Doomed" and "avl42". System has catched up now and all your bets have been placed. I am really sorry for the delay and looking hard to find the root cause, as this is now the second time this has happened  Angry

How about a way to see if there are any open multiplayer sessions open that arent currently playing? like a session that just has one person so we dont have to try and enter a room. I bet more people will play them if you could see that
You can already tell by the label of the "Start Multiplayer" button in your dashboard. As soon as someon starts a multiplayer session, the button label changes to "Join Multiplayer". But I agree this is not very prominent/visible - I try to improve that  Smiley

Ah, ok... I didn't realize that. That is helpful but, something more glaring and something that shows up while another player is in a session may entice more people to join a Msession. Of course, a chat feature would allow us to just ask. Wink
Activity: 488
Merit: 500
Just deployed some improvements which should either fix the problem of stuck bets or help me fix it when it appears again. As expected it is some kind of concurrency problem  Roll Eyes
Activity: 216
Merit: 100
Actually, my bets were all processed with no noticeable delay, however the result casually shows up multiple (as in 20 or so) times.

I'm glad about prolongation of session timeout to a couple of minutes, but I'd really want to be able to delay/collect my payouts for even longer period, like days if not weeks...   If you're afraid of being "used" as a bank, then perhaps a payout could still happen once the amount grows beyond "dust" (e.g. >=0.01 or even 0.1BTC) such that (at least typically) no fee would be required.
Last night the handling of incoming bets was stuck.
Affected players were "SlickTheNick", "Sluice", "slim", "ConnorCG", "Doomed" and "avl42". System has catched up now and all your bets have been placed. I am really sorry for the delay and looking hard to find the root cause, as this is now the second time this has happened  Angry

How about a way to see if there are any open multiplayer sessions open that arent currently playing? like a session that just has one person so we dont have to try and enter a room. I bet more people will play them if you could see that
You can already tell by the label of the "Start Multiplayer" button in your dashboard. As soon as someon starts a multiplayer session, the button label changes to "Join Multiplayer". But I agree this is not very prominent/visible - I try to improve that  Smiley
Just had an idea about the "close session" button:

How about enabling the "close session" button only when no bet has been place for something like 1 minute? This way the "vandalism problem" of somebody closing your running session just to annoy you could be at least reduced.

I like the idea personally. But, more like 30 seconds. Otherwise, IMO, it will be just like it was before if someone wants to end the session early. That way, even if the bettor was delayed for a couple of bets then it would take odd timing of the random unscrupulous individual to be looking right when the timer was enabled. Great idea bud
Just had an idea about the "close session" button:

How about enabling the "close session" button only when no bet has been place for something like 1 minute? This way the "vandalism problem" of somebody closing your running session just to annoy you could be at least reduced.
Site will be down a few minutes for some updates - Stay tuned!

Update:
  • You can search for bets by transactionID (Button "Lookup Tx" on main page)
  • Rejected bets now have tooltip on mouseover which states the reason for being rejected
  • Refund payments now have a tooltip on mouseover which states the reason for the refund
  • Some additional minor fixes

Note that the reject/refund reasons will only be there for new entries.
There was a problem this morning. Somehow the notification for incoming transactions was stuck while all services in general kept running fine. So no monitoring alert was triggered and the transactions just ignored :-(

@Carlos: Your bets have been placed now.

@All: If you are missing any bet please provide me the transactionIDs so I can double-check that they have been handled in the meantime.
Cool, I'll let you know how it plays.

Been running smooth all day today! You know, except for all the coins I've lost. lol
Okay, changes regarding session and bet timeouts are now online!
  • No more bet timeout for singleplayer sessions
  • Increase session timeout to 10 minutes
  • Added "close session" button to session details page
  • Increase bet timeout in multiplayer sessions from 75 to 90 seconds
  • Decrease bet limit to 50 bets/session

As discussed this has the drawback that anybody can close your running session, but in the end it still might be more comfortable for the player. Give it a try and let me know what you think!
Bad news:
Somehow i managed to break the interesting part of multiplayer - Currently the risk score is not taken into account for payout calculation. Will fix that ASAP and then start on the other topics  Cheesy
Fixed! This was just a display issue - accidently I showed the calculated payout also in the "win" row.
Example: http://bitbattle.me/game/bfacdfc7e530466cab55a3756290e26d/

a little chat feature inside the multiplayer session would be cool
This is the top item already on my multiplayer TODO-List  Wink
Groovy... Will be interesting how you accomplish this without registered user accounts. Cheesy
Well, maybe I should rename TODO into WISH then Wink

lol. understood!!
Bad news:
Somehow i managed to break the interesting part of multiplayer - Currently the risk score is not taken into account for payout calculation. Will fix that ASAP and then start on the other topics  Cheesy
Fixed! This was just a display issue - accidently I showed the calculated payout also in the "win" row.
Example: http://bitbattle.me/game/bfacdfc7e530466cab55a3756290e26d/

Groovy... Will be interesting how you accomplish this without registered user accounts. Cheesy
Well, maybe I should rename TODO into WISH then Wink
Up and running again with the heavily improved payment engine!

Noteworthy changes:
  • TxFee calculation now follows the same rules like the official bitcoin client. All payouts and refunds should now have an appropriate transaction fee, meaning your payouts will always be confirmed fast and no more coins are wasted due to excessive fees!
  • The issue of too little confirmed balance in the hot wallet ("Wallet depleted" error) should not occur (so often) anymore. (Yeah, sometime i will increase the balance of the hot wallet to get rid of this issue for good. But I still need to build more confidence Wink)
  • Completely switched to using rawtransactions API (before I sometimes had to fallback to using the normal "sendtoaddress" command. And combining both methods is dangerous when something happens in parallel...).
  • Payments are now handled asynchronously. You will notice that all payment start in state "pending" and after a short time (<1 second) switch to status "paid"

Bad news:

Up and running again with the heavily improved payment engine!

Noteworthy changes:
  • TxFee calculation now follows the same rules like the official bitcoin client. All payouts and refunds should now have an appropriate transaction fee, meaning your payouts will always be confirmed fast and no more coins are wasted due to excessive fees!
  • The issue of too little confirmed balance in the hot wallet ("Wallet depleted" error) should not occur (so often) anymore. (Yeah, sometime i will increase the balance of the hot wallet to get rid of this issue for good. But I still need to build more confidence Wink)
  • Completely switched to using rawtransactions API (before I sometimes had to fallback to using the normal "sendtoaddress" command. And combining both methods is dangerous when something happens in parallel...).
  • Payments are now handled asynchronously. You will notice that all payment start in state "pending" and after a short time (<1 second) switch to status "paid"

Bad news:

I think, we're all thinking waaaayyys too complicated Smiley

My wish:  prolonged sessions without automatic expiry.
IXIslimIXI's concern:  Don't allow any stranger to terminate
              sessions faster than system's 72secs timeout.

Serving both:

Add a "keep open" toggle-button ("checkbox") for each session, that
     (while checked) will merely block the 72secs session-timeout.
     Initially not checked, current behaviour would remain default.

Releasing the "keep" merely makes sessions fall back to 72secs
     timeout mode, so couldn't really terminate sessions earlier than
     happens now.
   Setting the "keep" for a foreign session might cause a little confusion,
     but not much. If no payout arrives, one will likely check the session
     and see the "keep". Unchecking it then will terminate it instantly (as
     the session would be long beyond 72secs of idle by that time).

Also, to avoid packratting sessions forever, there might still be a long
     timeout (maybe a week) that would clean "kept" sessions, once the
     last action was more than a week ago.

I think the "packratting" issue could be easily solved with an idle timer of a couple of hours or so.

I like the idea of having the option to prolong your session. I don't like the idea of an "end session now" button that everyone could see. That's all I was saying.
Activity: 216
Merit: 100
I think, we're all thinking waaaayyys too complicated Smiley

My wish:  prolonged sessions without automatic expiry.
IXIslimIXI's concern:  Don't allow any stranger to terminate
              sessions faster than system's 72secs timeout.

Serving both:

Add a "keep open" toggle-button ("checkbox") for each session, that
     (while checked) will merely block the 72secs session-timeout.
     Initially not checked, current behaviour would remain default.

Releasing the "keep" merely makes sessions fall back to 72secs
     timeout mode, so couldn't really terminate sessions earlier than
     happens now.
   Setting the "keep" for a foreign session might cause a little confusion,
     but not much. If no payout arrives, one will likely check the session
     and see the "keep". Unchecking it then will terminate it instantly (as
     the session would be long beyond 72secs of idle by that time).

Also, to avoid packratting sessions forever, there might still be a long
     timeout (maybe a week) that would clean "kept" sessions, once the
     last action was more than a week ago.

Pages:
Jump to: