Pages:
Author

Topic: bitbattle.me - no deposit, instant bets, ZERO waiting! 0-conf accepted! - page 9. (Read 16364 times)

Activity: 117
Merit: 10
Site will be offline for a few minutes. Stay tuned...

*Thumbs up*
Activity: 488
Merit: 500
Site will be offline for a few minutes. Stay tuned...
Herbert, is there a reason you do not want to use accounts? I think it would be cool to have some account features. Like each person could customize their experience to his or her liking. For instance, end session buttons, constant sessions, hiding your account activity, things of this nature. All easily accomplished with accounts. So, just curious what brought on that decision to have no accounts? Don't take this as a request or something I see as a problem, just options and curiosity. I still think your site is number 1 out of all the Dice sites (even though I've lost about 800 bucks there. lmao)
Main reason is that requiring registration on a website is a major turn-off for many people, including me :-) Currently it is really easy to get started on bitbattle.me: Enter a name and your payout address and you're set! No need to provide any more details, no need to click on a confirmation link etc. I think this is a very important part to get new players aboard.
But I also see your points here, having an account would make it possible to adjust stuff like timeout etc. Maybe best thing would be to make registration optional, so the site stays fully functional without registration, but when you register you can adjust some settings.

Why does the payout even need to be tied to a session?  There's no concept of a session in dailybitcoins.
It just knows, how much it "owes" to each address, and on request pays it out.

Thanks in advance for the promised change!
Well, i prefer to not hold the users money longer than necessary. Hot wallets are always at stake - The longer I keep users funds in my hot wallet, the bigger it gets and the more I have to compensate in case it gets stolen  Wink
Another thing is that I like the "all automatic" approach. Right now you can just open your dashboard in the browser and start betting with your preferred client. No need for any interaction on the website, you just use it to watch your bets.

Btw I am still busy with the payment engine rework. This includes refactoring of the way transaction fees are calculated and handled on the site. Right now payouts are either taking several hours to get a confirmation or have such a high TxFee that my house edge gets completely eaten up Angry
When this is done I'll do the session changes discussed earlier...

I completely agree about the optional registration. That way it will make both sides happy. I personally don't mind registering on some sites but agree that others it would be nice to not have to make up a fake name and email. Tongue lol

Herbert, is there a reason you do not want to use accounts? I think it would be cool to have some account features. Like each person could customize their experience to his or her liking. For instance, end session buttons, constant sessions, hiding your account activity, things of this nature. All easily accomplished with accounts. So, just curious what brought on that decision to have no accounts? Don't take this as a request or something I see as a problem, just options and curiosity. I still think your site is number 1 out of all the Dice sites (even though I've lost about 800 bucks there. lmao)
Main reason is that requiring registration on a website is a major turn-off for many people, including me :-) Currently it is really easy to get started on bitbattle.me: Enter a name and your payout address and you're set! No need to provide any more details, no need to click on a confirmation link etc. I think this is a very important part to get new players aboard.
But I also see your points here, having an account would make it possible to adjust stuff like timeout etc. Maybe best thing would be to make registration optional, so the site stays fully functional without registration, but when you register you can adjust some settings.

Why does the payout even need to be tied to a session?  There's no concept of a session in dailybitcoins.

Well, i prefer to not hold the users money longer than necessary. Hot wallets are always at stake - The longer I keep users funds in my hot wallet, the bigger it gets and the more I have to compensate in case it gets stolen  Wink
Another thing is that I like the "all automatic" approach. Right now you can just open your dashboard in the browser and start betting with your preferred client. No need for any interaction on the website, you just use it to watch your bets.

Btw I am still busy with the payment engine rework. This includes refactoring of the way transaction fees are calculated and handled on the site. Right now payouts are either taking several hours to get a confirmation or have such a high TxFee that my house edge gets completely eaten up Angry
When this is done I'll do the session changes discussed earlier...
It's just beyond me, how you worry about someone else ending your sessions,
when merely going to the bathroom will already likely end your session (and
that without anyone else involved!).

I don't "worry" about it... I just said it would bother me if someone were to do that. It's beyond me how you are completely oblivious as to how people act. I wouldnt go to the bathroom in the middle of a session... That is under my control. Someone acting foolish is not under my control. You do realize bitcoins are money right? And gambling is using said money in a manner that could lose or gain you more. Why is it so hard to understand that I wouldn't want someone "playing" with my money... Would you like someone changing out your blackjack shoe after every hand without your control? Unlikely.
Activity: 216
Merit: 100
It's just beyond me, how you worry about someone else ending your sessions,
when merely going to the bathroom will already likely end your session (and
that without anyone else involved!).
Avl42, how in the hell are you only able to get one bet in per session?
I usually get anywhere between 40 and 100 depending on which client I use.

Well, to each as he likes it. I rather enjoy betting a little, like a few mBTC every hour or even
day, and I'd like to wait for a few wins added up, so the payout isn't substantially consumed
for fees.

Imho, that would be one big advantage over classic dice-games like satoshidice.
(another one being already the avoidance of those useless satoshi-payouts for losses.)

Btw., what could be anyone's motivation to end any other user's sessions (before the system
does so, anyway)?

Man... I've seen people online do some very dumb and pointless stuff just for the hell of it. Spend a week browsing this very forum and you will see pointless name calling, false accusations of fraud, and general immature behavior.
Avl42, how in the hell are you only able to get one bet in per session?
I usually get anywhere between 40 and 100 depending on which client I use.

Well, to each as he likes it. I rather enjoy betting a little, like a few mBTC every hour or even
day, and I'd like to wait for a few wins added up, so the payout isn't substantially consumed
for fees.

Imho, that would be one big advantage over classic dice-games like satoshidice.
(another one being already the avoidance of those useless satoshi-payouts for losses.)

Btw., what could be anyone's motivation to end any other user's sessions (before the system
does so, anyway)?
PS... I still am waiting to try out the multiplayer. Any body up for a game?
Problem is that I don't want to add an "end session" button on the website - As the site works without accounts this button would be visible to everybody looking at your session. So  anybody could close your running session -

I don't understand the problem with that.   There's no way that "offender" could change the address, and the only "damage" would be causing an earlier payout, but that is by default already ways too early Wink

e.g.: dailybitcoins also offers delayed payouts, and everyone could trigger payout for any address, but it's not really a problem.

Hmm.. True, but still it would annoy the hell out of me if my sesssion would be closed by someone else. But i think we can just give it a test. With one of the next updates I will add the end session button and increase the bet and session timeouts.

I agree that it would piss me off if someone kept closing my sessions. It is much easier to keep track of my win\loss with the sessions and I like being able to see risk\win as a whole instead of having to do math. I gamble for fun... not because I want to add numbers.

Avl42, how in the hell are you only able to get one bet in per session? I usually get anywhere between 40 and 100 depending on which client I use.

I don't understand the problem with that.   There's no way that "offender" could change the address, and the only "damage" would be causing an earlier payout, but that is by default already ways too early Wink
e.g.: dailybitcoins also offers delayed payouts, and everyone could trigger payout for any address, but it's not really a problem.

Hmm.. True, but still it would annoy the hell out of me if my sesssion would be closed by someone else. But i think we can just give it a test. With one of the next updates I will add the end session button and increase the bet and session timeouts.

You mean someone ending it prematurely in 71 seconds? ;-)

Problem is that I don't want to add an "end session" button on the website - As the site works without accounts this button would be visible to everybody looking at your session. So  anybody could close your running session -

I don't understand the problem with that.   There's no way that "offender" could change the address, and the only "damage" would be causing an earlier payout, but that is by default already ways too early Wink

Is there a way to keep a session of single-player bets open for more than about a minute? I'm talking about hours or even a day...

During a minute, I hardly get to play more than a single bet, and there's practically no saving on blockchain bloat and miner-fees if I get each win paid out "almost immediately" and thus separately.

Currently the bet timeout is 75 seconds. This could be increased, but of course this means if you want to end a session early you have to wait longer.
Problem is that I don't want to add an "end session" button on the website - As the site works without accounts this button would be visible to everybody looking at your session. So  anybody could close your running session - Probably not what we want to have.
So the current value of 75 seconds is somewhat of a compromise. I am happy to adjust this in one or the other direction - I agree the if using the standard client or blockchain.info wallet for each placed bet you have to perform several mouse clicks, so the timeout is quite small. What is your opinion?

Having sessions last hours or days will probably not happen. To protect me from double-spends I am trying to make the win payout contain as much as possible "coins" (actually OutPoints) from your bets placed in the session. If a session would run for such a long time this could lead to huge transactions with several hundred InPoints, resulting in huge transaction fees. Besides UI issues that is another reason why I introduced the bets per session limit.
Is there a way to keep a session of single-player bets open for more than about a minute? I'm talking about hours or even a day...

During a minute, I hardly get to play more than a single bet, and there's practically no saving on blockchain bloat and miner-fees if I get each win paid out "almost immediately" and thus separately.
The play today was a lot smoother. I emailed you about the only issue I noticed today which was, session would not close by timeout until you actually opened the session. This probably won't be an issue for most because I imagine they stay in session while playing. However, I like to stay on my dashboard while playing so, for people like me, this will happen. It doesn't necessarily make much of a difference to keep the session open as far as I'm concerned but, wanted to alert you.

I'll check out the problem with the session closing today. This happened already once when the task scheduler had a hickup and did not work on new tasks, but this time it seems something different...

To everyone else... This game is really great. If you used to be a fan of SD but hate the lag, lost bets, and spam getting in the way, this is the perfect place. You are in a session all by your lonesome and it is EXTREMELY fast.

Thanks for your feedback Slim :-)
Btw, you are now by far leading the payout charts, you are close to hit the 1000 BTC mark: http://bitbattle.me/statistics/payout/
But the title for "most active player" is still with Carlos: http://bitbattle.me/statistics/active/

Edit:
Session closing fixed. What a stupid bug Roll Eyes - Someone please tell me to stop coding in the middle of the night...

And what is my bounty for 1000btc? Wink
I need about 30btc to cover my losses! lol

UPDATE: Make that 50btc. lmao

No worries, I'll setup another bounty as soon as I have the payment engine update live to give it some stress testing :-)
The play today was a lot smoother. I emailed you about the only issue I noticed today which was, session would not close by timeout until you actually opened the session. This probably won't be an issue for most because I imagine they stay in session while playing. However, I like to stay on my dashboard while playing so, for people like me, this will happen. It doesn't necessarily make much of a difference to keep the session open as far as I'm concerned but, wanted to alert you.

I'll check out the problem with the session closing today. This happened already once when the task scheduler had a hickup and did not work on new tasks, but this time it seems something different...

To everyone else... This game is really great. If you used to be a fan of SD but hate the lag, lost bets, and spam getting in the way, this is the perfect place. You are in a session all by your lonesome and it is EXTREMELY fast.

Btw, you are now by far leading the payout charts, you are close to hit the 1000 BTC mark: http://bitbattle.me/statistics/payout/
But the title for "most active player" is still with Carlos: http://bitbattle.me/statistics/active/

Edit:
Session closing fixed. What a stupid bug Roll Eyes - Someone please tell me to stop coding in the middle of the night...

UPDATE: Make that 50btc. lmao

Edit:

Stop coding in the middle of the night. Wink

Edit:
Pages:
Jump to: