Pages:
Author

Topic: bitbattle.me - no deposit, instant bets, ZERO waiting! 0-conf accepted! - page 5. (Read 16369 times)

Activity: 216
Merit: 100
So, any suggestions how to prove ownership of an existing player if the sign message feature is not available to you?

Blockchain-wallet users have some control over what addresses to make a transaction *from*, so
maybe requesting a new bet be made from the anonymous account's payout-address might work.

Still wouldn't work for instawallet(and equiv.)-users...

PS: I'm not sure about that "same name" business. Do they really use exactly
the same name,  and your software didn't already prevent it? Or is it just about
"looking" the same as by use of certain unicode-chars that look similar to ascii-chars?
Activity: 488
Merit: 500
Scammer alert!

It looks like some clever guy is creating players with the same name and same vanity bitcoin payout address like frequent players. Obviously he is hoping that you place your bets on the wrong player, resulting in all payouts going into scammers pocket.

I will update the site ASAP to force uniqueness of player names to prevent this issue. Until this is in place please double-check that you are using the correct player!

See http://bitbattle.me/player/slim/, http://bitbattle.me/player/slim-2/ and http://bitbattle.me/player/slim-3/ for an example...
Optional accounts feature is making good progress!

Basically there is one topic remaining: If you create an account you can connect your existing anonymous player with your account. But you need to prove that the anonymous account is really yours. Right now this is implemented using the "sign message" feature of bitcoin: You sign a message with the players payout address, if i can successfully verify the signature the player is connected with your account.
But this is only tested/working with the official bitcoin client. Not all clients support this feature, at least with blockchain.info wallet I did not find this functionality.

So, any suggestions how to prove ownership of an existing player if the sign message feature is not available to you?
... As I always said, my pet-peeve was not about a troll ending my session within five minutes,
but instead the system itself taking the part of the troll ending my sessions much too soon, and doing so *always*.
Well, personally I don't really see this issue. Maybe I have to see it in another way - forget about the sessions,
but just gamble and collect your earnings in your account and cash out whenever you want.

About "seeing the issue": it's an issue of low-volume gamblers. If you're only interested
in high-volume gamblers, then don't bother changing anything Wink

otherwise...
yeah, that would be what I really wanted.  I wouldn't care about sessions, if payout
wasn't coupled to it. (Originally, I thought that payout-management was the very point
for existence of sessions, so therefore I believed prolonging sessions would be the only
reasonable way.)
Update today:
  • improve the layout of the session details page
  • Add your current stake in the session details page
Haven't watched this thread lately...
My bets were also seeming to attract bad luck streaks much more than the healthy mix of wins and losses,
and those few wins were eaten up by tx-fees for the much too soon payouts.  As I always said, my pet-peeve
was not about a troll ending my session within five minutes, but instead the system itself taking the part of the
troll ending my sessions much too soon, and doing so *always*.
Well, personally I don't really see this issue. Maybe I have to see it in another way - forget about the sessions, but just gamble and collect your earnings in your account and cash out whenever you want. Will see if I can add something like this when the optional accounts are done. But it's not the top item on my Todo-list as it is conceptual quite different from the current implementation.

At some point I wondered, if the secrets could *theoretically* be chosen such, that they'd lead to a non-uniform
distribution of lucky-numbers when used with tx-hashes. Everyone seems to believe that because sha256-hashes
look like random noise, that they'd actually be random noise. The actual entropy may however be much smaller...
To my knowledge there is no way to influence the lucky-number distribution by chosing a specific secret. As it is combined with transactionID and output index I can only control part of the input, resulting in a total random lucky number. At least this is my understanding how the hashing works  Smiley

If at some point I was able to defer payouts for a week and do "greater than Lucky#" bets, I might actually come
back for some more bets :-)
I'll let you know when this is possible :-)
Remember that conversation we had a while back where I was concerned about people closing each others sessions... Well, someone just closed mine and I'm pretty sure it's happened before. Kind of retarded but I knew it would happen. Regardless, I like the setup the way it is, just thought I would point out that it's happening. Wink
Oh my, like expected Roll Eyes I think the only way to get this sorted is to add optional accounts. So when you have created an account you can only close sessions when you are logged in, but without the 30 seconds waiting time. When you don't have an account everything stays like it is.
And as a bonus this will be the enabler for adding chat in multiplayer sessions :-)

Haven't watched this thread lately...
My bets were also seeming to attract bad luck streaks much more than the healthy mix of wins and losses,
and those few wins were eaten up by tx-fees for the much too soon payouts.  As I always said, my pet-peeve
was not about a troll ending my session within five minutes, but instead the system itself taking the part of the
troll ending my sessions much too soon, and doing so *always*.

At some point I wondered, if the secrets could *theoretically* be chosen such, that they'd lead to a non-uniform
distribution of lucky-numbers when used with tx-hashes. Everyone seems to believe that because sha256-hashes
look like random noise, that they'd actually be random noise. The actual entropy may however be much smaller...

If at some point I was able to defer payouts for a week and do "greater than Lucky#" bets, I might actually come
back for some more bets :-)
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
Remember that conversation we had a while back where I was concerned about people closing each others sessions... Well, someone just closed mine and I'm pretty sure it's happened before. Kind of retarded but I knew it would happen. Regardless, I like the setup the way it is, just thought I would point out that it's happening. Wink
Oh my, like expected Roll Eyes I think the only way to get this sorted is to add optional accounts. So when you have created an account you can only close sessions when you are logged in, but without the 30 seconds waiting time. When you don't have an account everything stays like it is.
And as a bonus this will be the enabler for adding chat in multiplayer sessions :-)

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this feature (optional accounts). Purdy please can I has accountz?

Lol  Grin Yes, this feature will come! But i have no timeline yet, as this requires quite some changes everywhere...

Sites back up. Bets aren't working Tongue

Hmm, are you missing a bet? Please let me know the transactionID, then I will check it. There is a small chance that it got lost during the restart of the backend. It should be picked up anyway soon if it got lost, but i can speed up the process :-)

Sure Sure... a LIKELY answer!!! Just dangle that carrot!!! lol

Two, actually...
https://blockchain.info/tx/828485c809108594049354e8593f04cc1c4fafa83e634c7bfa4fb98d8a0d6b1f
https://blockchain.info/tx/f01e4973537fbf52019777f2cc5e4208242881e56010188e8ac3bdda48b4f11b

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this feature (optional accounts). Purdy please can I has accountz?

Lol  Grin Yes, this feature will come! But i have no timeline yet, as this requires quite some changes everywhere...

Hmm, are you missing a bet? Please let me know the transactionID, then I will check it. There is a small chance that it got lost during the restart of the backend. It should be picked up anyway soon if it got lost, but i can speed up the process :-)

Site will be down for a few minutes for an update!

Update:
  • Player-related urls now using 'slug' based on playername instead of uuid (example: http://bitbattle.me/player/herbert/). Old bookmarks are still valid, they will redirect to the new urls.
  • Running sessions table in dashboard and index page now show the remaining seconds until session timeout
  • Fixed a rare racecondition while closing sessions that could lead to duplicate payment objects, resulting in no payment being made (Thanks to R33F for helping to track down this bug!)
Finally I found a solution to the occasional loading timeouts you might have noticed. Turned out that the websocket connections slow down the whole server process quite a lot (while the load is totally low). Now websocket and normal connections are fully decoupled and handled by separate server processes. The speed gain is impressive Grin.
all them 'lost' back to back on 40%   http://bitbattle.me/game/67bd2ef1dad7485588a1740f6d43adcf/

annnd... 15x continuous loss on 55% chance http://bitbattle.me/game/b266dbc7c75f4f2dad7b5ea1e7f17801/

so rookie, so embarrassing   Roll Eyes good times ! Grin

Stick with it, you'll have much worse streaks, trust me. lol
Activity: 1002
Merit: 506
all them 'lost' back to back on 40%   http://bitbattle.me/game/67bd2ef1dad7485588a1740f6d43adcf/

annnd... 15x continuous loss on 55% chance http://bitbattle.me/game/b266dbc7c75f4f2dad7b5ea1e7f17801/

so rookie, so embarrassing   Roll Eyes good times ! Grin

Bet limits raised!

Bet limits for all bets have just been raised by 66%! Now you can win up to 50 Bitcoin in a single bet!
Pages:
Jump to: