Pages:
Author

Topic: BitBet Stole ~$7,000 from me (10 BTC) - page 15. (Read 58157 times)

legendary
Activity: 888
Merit: 1000
Monero - secure, private and untraceable currency.
November 21, 2013, 04:58:00 AM
My involvement is basically that there was a group of idiots derping in this thread and I joined the fray. Why?

Seems that we're having only one lone idiot here, and that's you. Do you see how many people are against you?
Activity: 756
Merit: 522
November 21, 2013, 04:55:37 AM
I'm a little confused here, didn't he bet before the bet closed?  How does a transaction delay retroactively affect the time he placed his bet?

No, he did not bet before the bet closed. He did some gymnastics which he imagines should count. They don't.

Roughly equivalent would be the guy going to the insurance company after his house burned down and saying "but you know, I rubbed my nose right before the fire started, CLEARLY!!!! that means I was going to pay you the premium, I should be covered!"

And then being told he's nuts, and just sticking to his story, repeating it again and again, as if that did anything. As if life is some sort of contest of who stuffs his ears tighter and yells "no u" for longer.

However, this isn't fiat world run by daddy government, where even the last subhuman piece of shit retard is guaranteed survival irrespective of any practical consideration, strictly on the basis that he may vote, and so he may call customer support and abuse the staff with impunity, and then call 911 because his hamburger wasn't well done enough or whatever.

You don't vote here, not by headcount anyway. This is Bitcoin - which is to say a republic not a democracy, which is to say Sparta - run by MP & co, where you either know what you're doing, learn what you're doing, or get lost.

Consequently, fuckwits that clearly don't know what they're doing get told so, and if instead of humbly accepting they were stupid, eating up their punishment - their punishment - and becoming better doobies for the future they "revolt" and "organize boycotts" in their own head and so on and so forth the result is strictly more punishment, mostly in the form of public humiliation and mockery.

Don't be this retard starting the thread here, or any other one of the long string of retards that ran into a well made service - a very well made service - with a headful of mistaken assumptions and got trampled into mush to date. Be the smart guy that learns what Bitcoin is, and what crypto means, and how blockchains work, and why they work that way, and what the WoT is, and why it's important, and what identity is, and why that's important, and what business is, and how it works, and how it works that way, and why it has to work that way and so on and so forth.

That's what I'm here doing, hundreds of hours a month, on MPOE's dime, telling you the whys and wherefores of all that so that you collectively, the "community" of retards congregated on retardstalk, the retard forum inhabited by retards, may become over time less retarded and who knows, maybe even productive, useful members of the actual Bitcoin community. One in ten would already be a grand victory at the rate we're going.

One in ten. Look through my two year long posting history for fucks sake, look at all the idiots that knew better than me on the strength of Dunning–Kruger's affliction. There's a crowd each month, and then they disappear and a new crowd takes over. Exactly the same stupidity, under new names, sputtered by new people, identical to the old. Follow their histories, write a book. Don't be the mayfly that lives out its illusion for a summer, don't be the blade of grass to be replaced by an identical blade of grass every time a goat comes by and snips it. Use that noggin, be a human being already.

You want to know what the biggest obstacle is? The braindamaged, boneheaded assumption of every fuckwit that heard about Bitcoin a month ago, or a week ago, or whenever the last time fiat went down against it was, who now imagines he knows what everything is. That's what's keeping you all poor and irrelevant, not the fact that others were here first, not the fact that you didn't hear about it back when people mined it on their desktop. None of that, it's not something external, it's something quite internal: your mistaken assumptions, chief among which that you matter, and chief among which that you know shit you haven't the first clue about. Get rid of these!

Be the guy that LISTENS when MP says to him "Is this your first time? Well so then start small". Don't be the guy that SAYS "sounds like a fine plan" but then DOESN'T DO IT! Because you think you know better. You don't know better.

Bitcoin is a contest of wits. The fate of the witless is this: anger, frustration, failure. Don't be that guy.

If you want bitbet to end; make a better competitor. otherwise deal with it

Yeah, like that fractool guy.

I'm also confused by this. Double spending is not a concern, with proper precaution (see this reddit thread). Rudimentary game theory makes it abundantly clear that I wasn't attempting to double spend a losing bet.

You're not confused, you're just one of the scummy fucks that imagines interested blindness is a valuable argument to bring. Bonus points for having quoted reddit as some sort of source, lmao. Meanwhile back at Reality Ranch:

You should return the coins to all affected users and change your ridiculous policy.

To quote MP,

Since we’re doing “I would likes”, here’s mine : I would like to fuck your wife (due to you being an idiot). If you don’t have one (which’d be unfortunate but perhaps not unexplainable) please get married asap. I expect to receive this wife of yours at the following address : 1wilfulstupidityrules1337, and let me point out to you that by failing to inform me of the vital information of whether you’re married or not and also failing to provide tits in time you’re now to gtfo.
legendary
November 21, 2013, 04:52:07 AM
What's the best way to organize a boycott / raise awareness?

You have my full support. I'm linking this on Reddit already and Tweeted about it. Such behaviour of betting sites is outrageous, they should loose their reputation and credibility!
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007
1davout
November 21, 2013, 04:48:29 AM
So how can it be forced? I don't see that option.

Read the fucking thread, the guy did not use Bitcoin-qt.
legendary
November 21, 2013, 04:44:31 AM
Failing to use tx fees is mooching. Using a (notoriously inept) "service" that fails to use tx fees is also mooching. Placing a bet when the resolution is imminent is dangerous. Doing so without a tx fee is suicidal. The rules governing this possibility are in BitBet's FAQ.

It is unfortunate that you deemed it alright to wager your BTC with a service whose guidelines you had not read, and before you had grasped the concepts of transactions and confirmations in the first place. That you made these choices, however, is not anybody else's concern.

You are a cold-hearted *erk. Guy lost 10k dollars! I'm on his side and he is fully right! Anyways, the problem is that Bitcoin-qt sometimes asks and sometimes doesn't ask for tx fee? So how can it be forced? I don't see that option.
legendary
1davout
November 21, 2013, 03:49:54 AM
Please direct all further refund requests to BitBet's authorized refund handling agent, Mr. David Thorne, esq.

Oh fuck, I lol'd.
BitBet IRC chat logs, 4/26/2013:
16:16:26 davout: my intelligence is limited, but i do have enough to see when taking a step back is needed
as is davout.

I registered on these forums in 2010, before 98% of the users around here.
So... if I follow your "reasoning" you can associate me with whatever scam took place since then, right?

I'm a little confused here, didn't he bet before the bet closed?  How does a transaction delay retroactively affect the time he placed his bet?
I'm also confused by this. Double spending is not a concern, with proper precaution (see this reddit thread). Rudimentary game theory makes it abundantly clear that I wasn't attempting to double spend a losing bet.

Apples, oranges.
If BB used your unconfirmed TX output in the bet payout it'd be retarded because one scammer could fuck with the validity of the complete payout (a in "for everyone", not only for his winnings).

So the correct course of action for you is :
 - Think,
 - Understand the why of the policy,
 - Get over it,
 - Pay more attention next time
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
November 21, 2013, 03:37:53 AM
If they didn't receive your money until after betting was closed, then you didn't purchase anything. Whatever is written in the rules can't take away your consumer rights. If they don't provide the service paid for or send a refund it's just theft. There not protecting anyone by keeping the money, just lining there pockets.
Activity: 260
Merit: 250
snack of all trades
November 21, 2013, 03:34:05 AM

Also double spending is like, super easy when you don't include a tx fee. I do it quite often when the network won't pick up a transaction I need confirmed fast.

with proper precaution (see this reddit thread).

Are you associated with them, too?
#bitcoin-assets IRC log:
18:30:37 mircea_popescu: in other news, atruk made a blog.
18:30:38 mircea_popescu: http://www.thedrinkingrecord.com/
Activity: 700
November 21, 2013, 03:30:34 AM

Also double spending is like, super easy when you don't include a tx fee. I do it quite often when the network won't pick up a transaction I need confirmed fast.
snack of all trades
November 21, 2013, 03:28:08 AM

I'd argue that your regular presence in the BitBet IRC for 10 months or more associates you more than the average user.

It isn't BitBet IRC, it is #bitcoin-assets. The BitBet people just hang out there...

Fair enough - the point is that they are "The BitBet people".
Activity: 700
November 21, 2013, 03:25:06 AM

I'd argue that your regular presence in the BitBet IRC for 10 months or more associates you more than the average user.

It isn't BitBet IRC, it is #bitcoin-assets. The BitBet people just hang out there...
snack of all trades
November 21, 2013, 03:05:26 AM
I'm as associated as you, a user.  Only i read the rules.
I'm glad there is also the 1% fee on refunds now (though I still think it should be much more).
Please direct all further refund requests to BitBet's authorized refund handling agent, Mr. David Thorne, esq.

Oh fuck, I lol'd.
I'm a little confused here, didn't he bet before the bet closed?  How does a transaction delay retroactively affect the time he placed his bet?

The rule is there because without it, scummy fucks just try to rip off the people that actually bet and undertake the risks by swooping in at the last minute.

The lulzy thing is, of course, that even WITH the rule scummy fucks try to rip off the people that actually bet and take the risks, by swooping in at the last minute. The only difference is that it doesn't work, and sometimes it doesn't work in such spectacular fireworky manner that the butthurt can be heard from outer space.

Except there's no sympathy for the hurt butt of a wanna-be rip-off that failed at it and got hurt. You know?
Your insinuation that I am a "scummy fuck" for betting on an available bet rings more than a bit hollow when you have my 10 BTC in your wallet. If you would like to make last-minute bets impossible on your site, institute a rule like Bets of Bitcoin: refund all bets made within some number of hours before bet closing.

Don't bait users into betting, steal their bet, and then call them "scummy fucks".

You should return the coins to all affected users and change your ridiculous policy.
November 21, 2013, 02:06:29 AM
If you want bitbet to end; make a better competitor. otherwise deal with it
Activity: 129
Merit: 100
November 20, 2013, 09:04:02 PM
November 20, 2013, 08:51:19 PM
you're the bottom feeder here. fair enough there are lot of stupid people at this stage that a fat fuck like you can rip off. well done you are slightly more intelligent than an average moron.

the people i respect are the people can build a real, honest, profitable gambling site and exchange without the need to rip off and trick users.  You aren't capable of that. How does that feel?I know you pretend to not care and shroud it all in the users deserves what they get but KNOWING that you can't profit without ripping people off must at least cross your radar.

You're just a bottom feeder. A low level psychopath. Enjoy your 6 grand.

Dude, lay off already. The rule is there because without it, scummy fucks just try to rip off the people that actually bet and undertake the risks by swooping in at the last minute.

The lulzy thing is, of course, that even WITH the rule scummy fucks try to rip off the people that actually bet and take the risks, by swooping in at the last minute. The only difference is that it doesn't work, and sometimes it doesn't work in such spectacular fireworky manner that the butthurt can be heard from outer space.

Except there's no sympathy for the hurt butt of a wanna-be rip-off that failed at it and got hurt. You know?
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
November 20, 2013, 08:18:51 PM

1. Stop pretending you are a woman
2. Stop pretending you are MPOE's PR executive
3. Stop eating so much you fat bastard

-----------------------

I looked at bitbet and liked the idea but a site that would rather rip someone off for 6k rather than build a customer base is no site at all.

Stop pretending you have a brain.

you're the bottom feeder here. fair enough there are lot of stupid people at this stage that a fat fuck like you can rip off. well done you are slightly more intelligent than an average moron.

the people i respect are the people can build a real, honest, profitable gambling site and exchange without the need to rip off and trick users.  You aren't capable of that. How does that feel?I know you pretend to not care and shroud it all in the users deserves what they get but KNOWING that you can't profit without ripping people off must at least cross your radar.

You're just a bottom feeder. A low level psychopath. Enjoy your 6 grand.
legendary
1davout
November 20, 2013, 08:05:37 PM

Oh fuck, I lol'd.
November 20, 2013, 08:03:02 PM
Activity: 364
November 20, 2013, 07:52:05 PM
This is stealing and the behavior of the owners/operators is outrageous, in my opinion. That policy is completely unjustifiable and I hope nobody uses this site until it's changed.

What's the best way to organize a boycott / raise awareness?

If you want to raise awareness, just link to the BitBet FAQ, which is public, which you should have read before sending 10 btc anywhere.  

The inability to own one's actions on this forum is at absurd proportions.  read the rules of gaming websites before you place your bets.  is that so insane?

BitBet's policy is insane.

FYI: deadweasel is associated with BitBet (below quoted from BitBet IRC transcript).

23:07:25deadweasel:yes, learn to read the manual before inserting coin*.
23:07:42snackman:deadweasel it's a dumb way to set up the website
23:08:01deadweasel:you're a dummy for not reading the rules. it's clear. i read them, i won lots.

I'm as associated as you, a user.  Only i read the rules.
November 20, 2013, 07:48:00 PM
1. Stop pretending you are a woman
2. Stop pretending you are MPOE's PR executive
3. Stop eating so much you fat bastard

-----------------------

I looked at bitbet and liked the idea but a site that would rather rip someone off for 6k rather than build a customer base is no site at all.

Stop pretending you have a brain.
Pages:
Jump to: