Pages:
Author

Topic: BitBet Stole ~$7,000 from me (10 BTC) - page 16. (Read 58157 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
November 20, 2013, 07:43:27 PM
Thieves seldom prosper. You had to buy your trust. You have to rip people off at your betting site (don't say you're not connected) and your exchance is a ponzi, money laundering scheme. You literally can't do anything honestly.

Sue me. I could do with the discovery documents. A new age of bitcoin has come. People like you need to get out.  But you will be held accountable in the end. Scum

MP sez quote that shit so I do. Apparently he thinks you're very funny or something, I dunno.

1. Stop pretending you are a woman
2. Stop pretending you are MPOE's PR executive
3. Stop eating so much you fat bastard

-----------------------

I looked at bitbet and liked the idea but a site that would rather rip someone off for 6k rather than build a customer base is no site at all.
Activity: 756
Merit: 522
November 20, 2013, 07:41:08 PM
It's spelled through you know.
Activity: 251
Merit: 250
November 20, 2013, 07:35:57 PM
I wouldn't be so sure. Taking into consideration that the site is a .com it falls under US law, even though it is registered to a costa rican guy. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be so hard to take it down legally.

O Mighty Money Morpheus, please have mercy with your takings down legally.

Are you as cool as the guy in the Matrix? Very original, seriously. Your mommy must be so proud....

I'm just refuting some of your statements with logic, no need to put yourself so defensive. I don't even live in the US. I'm just doing this because I feel bad for the OP, but other than talking here I won't do more.

The OP could also check Chaves background and see if he is paying his taxes on his earnings in his country and file a money laundering complain with the authorities in costa rica. And I can keep on thinking in ways that could end a betting site, since by the looks of it I'm pretty sure the owners haven't made all of their legal homework, specially if you are submitting users to illegal terms.

PD: Still if you are not representative of them you shouldn't be defending them so badly; and if you are you should contact them and make them think this threw to see what they feel is right
November 20, 2013, 07:33:16 PM
Thieves seldom prosper. You had to buy your trust. You have to rip people off at your betting site (don't say you're not connected) and your exchance is a ponzi, money laundering scheme. You literally can't do anything honestly.

Sue me. I could do with the discovery documents. A new age of bitcoin has come. People like you need to get out.  But you will be held accountable in the end. Scum

MP sez quote that shit so I do. Apparently he thinks you're very funny or something, I dunno.
November 20, 2013, 07:26:12 PM
Are you directly involved with the site?

My involvement is basically that there was a group of idiots derping in this thread and I joined the fray. Why?

Huge coincidence
November 20, 2013, 07:25:50 PM
I wouldn't be so sure. Taking into consideration that the site is a .com it falls under US law, even though it is registered to a costa rican guy. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be so hard to take it down legally.

O Mighty Money Morpheus, please have mercy with your takings down legally.

Are you as cool as the guy in the Matrix? Very original, seriously. Your mommy must be so proud....

PS. Great signature. Here's a thought: dweebs growing bud on the quiet should not be on the internet talking about "taking shit down legally". You're lucky nobody with any actual RL presence is bored enough, you know?
November 20, 2013, 07:24:52 PM
In addition to the suggestions in this thread; under each bet on bitbet, there is an unmoderated discussion page where you can talk about this issue with other bitbettors.

This is working admirably well. I think MP likes you even.

bitbet won't last too long unless they change that rules and return the coins. They have a chance to get out of this gracefully.

mp might be saying it's all fine and dandy but it's not.

BitBet will be here long after you're long gone. It's just the way these things work.

- MPOE-PR is the ONLY one in this thread suggesting that Bitbet is right in keeping the stolen money.
- MPOE-PR has some association with Bitbet, and this is likely the reason he is defending it.
- Bitbet has blatantly stolen $6,000 of BTC that does not belong to them.
- I would suggest finding out the details of who owns Bitbet and threatening a suit if they don't return the BTC.

Dude, seriously? He? Still? Lurk moar.

Activity: 251
November 20, 2013, 07:21:58 PM
BitBet will be here long after you're long gone. It's just the way these things work.

Domain Name: BITBET.COM
Registrar URL: http://www.godaddy.com
Updated Date: 2013-09-21 16:51:49
Creation Date: 2012-11-21 14:24:56
Registrar Expiration Date: 2015-11-21 14:24:56
Registrar: GoDaddy.com, LLC
Registrant Name: Rafael Chaves
Registrant Organization:
Registrant Street: Plaza Itskatzu
Registrant Street: Local  210
Registrant City: Escazu
Registrant State/Province: San Jose
Registrant Postal Code: 00000
Registrant Country: Costa Rica
Admin Name: Rafael Chaves
Admin Organization:
Admin Street: Plaza Itskatzu
Admin Street: Local  210
Admin City: Escazu
Admin State/Province: San Jose
Admin Postal Code: 00000
Admin Country: Costa Rica
Admin Phone: +0.50622288967
Admin Fax:
Admin Email: [email protected]
Tech Name: Rafael Chaves
Tech Organization:
Tech Street: Plaza Itskatzu
Tech Street: Local  210
Tech City: Escazu
Tech State/Province: San Jose
Tech Postal Code: 00000
Tech Country: Costa Rica
Tech Phone: +0.50622288967
Tech Fax:
Tech Email: [email protected]
Name Server: PDNS1.ULTRADNS.NET
Name Server: PDNS4.ULTRADNS.ORG
Name Server: PDNS6.ULTRADNS.CO.UK
Name Server: PDNS2.ULTRADNS.NET
Name Server: PDNS5.ULTRADNS.INFO
Name Server: PDNS3.ULTRADNS.ORG
November 20, 2013, 07:19:11 PM

My involvement is basically that there was a group of idiots derping in this thread and I joined the fray. Why?
November 20, 2013, 07:15:14 PM
In addition to the suggestions in this thread; under each bet on bitbet, there is an unmoderated discussion page where you can talk about this issue with other bitbettors.

bitbet won't last too long unless they change that rules and return the coins. They have a chance to get out of this gracefully.

November 20, 2013, 07:12:56 PM

- MPOE-PR is the ONLY one in this thread suggesting that Bitbet is right in keeping the stolen money.
- MPOE-PR has some association with Bitbet, and this is likely the reason he is defending it.
- I would suggest finding out the details of who owns Bitbet and threatening a suit if they don't return the BTC.

Dude, seriously? He? Still? Lurk moar.
November 20, 2013, 07:09:53 PM
This is stealing and the behavior of the owners/operators is outrageous, in my opinion. That policy is completely unjustifiable and I hope nobody uses this site until it's changed.

What's the best way to organize a boycott / raise awareness?

If you want to raise awareness, just link to the BitBet FAQ, which is public, which you should have read before sending 10 btc anywhere. 

The inability to own one's actions on this forum is at absurd proportions.  read the rules of gaming websites before you place your bets.  is that so insane?

No, BitBet's policy is insane.

FYI: deadweasel is associated with BitBet (below quoted from BitBet IRC transcript).

23:07:25deadweasel:yes, learn to read the manual before inserting coin*.
23:07:42snackman:deadweasel it's a dumb way to set up the website
23:08:01deadweasel:you're a dummy for not reading the rules. it's clear. i read them, i won lots.

Again that's their faq not their t&c. Did the op AGREE to the FAQ. Did he fuck.
Activity: 260
snack of all trades
November 20, 2013, 07:09:01 PM
This is stealing and the behavior of the owners/operators is outrageous, in my opinion. That policy is completely unjustifiable and I hope nobody uses this site until it's changed.

If you want to raise awareness, just link to the BitBet FAQ, which is public, which you should have read before sending 10 btc anywhere.  

The inability to own one's actions on this forum is at absurd proportions.  read the rules of gaming websites before you place your bets.  is that so insane?

BitBet's policy is insane.

FYI: deadweasel is associated with BitBet (below quoted from BitBet IRC transcript).

23:07:25deadweasel:yes, learn to read the manual before inserting coin*.
23:07:42snackman:deadweasel it's a dumb way to set up the website
23:08:01deadweasel:you're a dummy for not reading the rules. it's clear. i read them, i won lots.
November 20, 2013, 07:08:37 PM

The inability to own one's actions on this forum is at absurd proportions.  read the rules of gaming websites before you place your bets.  is that so insane?

And if pay pal decided to change their terms and conditions to say:

1. Any money sent will actually be sent to Peter Thiel.

Would that be legal.

I'd argue that these so called terms and conditions at bitbet aren't actually terms and conditions at all but a "FAQ" http://bitbet.us/faq/#151

In fact where are their terms and conditions? You can't just stick something in a faq and call it terms and conditions.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
November 20, 2013, 07:07:46 PM

If I pick up someone's wallet off the street, is it right for me to spend money from the credit card inside of it?

That's essentially what Bitbet is doing, except they know exactly who the money belongs to and have every opportunity to return it.  They can write in their FAQ that it is ok for them to kill anyone who loses a bet, but that doesn't make killing someone who loses a bet right or legal.
November 20, 2013, 07:05:18 PM
Wow Snackman,

Thank you for raising awareness about this important issue. I'm sorry you had to pay the price of losing 10 BTC to frauds. Now the community knows. I hope this issue is resolved quickly. I would much prefer those who received your bitcoin simply return it to your address, since no services were rendered. It wouldn't seem right for a company to take 10 BTC after *no* services were rendered, and just say, "Oh well, it says in the fine print that we can steal from you. Sux! Lol!"

I just tweeted about it. Hopefully they will do what is right and return what is yours.

Quoting this inept sockpuppeting for the future lols.

You fucktards, seriously. Get a life and more importantly: get over yourselves.

I probably shouldn't even ask, but what does this mean? I don't get it.

It's a jab at your virginity.

So if you want to bet 20 minutes before something and you include a transaction fee but it doesn't get enough confirmations, they can just keep it?

You are discrediting yourself and the business you represent with this crazy idea. Fuck you and everything you are involved with.
Activity: 342
November 20, 2013, 07:03:57 PM
November 20, 2013, 07:03:16 PM

Activity: 364
November 20, 2013, 07:00:13 PM

legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
November 20, 2013, 06:54:32 PM
Pages:
Jump to: