Pages:
Author

Topic: BitBet Stole ~$7,000 from me (10 BTC) - page 2. (Read 58157 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 522
March 28, 2014, 12:34:04 PM
- anyone willing to gamble in online BTC gambling/betting sites must know all these only exist to take the gambler's money and are more or less pronounced scams intended only to skin the sheeple. There are no exceptions.

That's perfectly ignorant bs.

- anyone not extremely carefully researching every single rule and condition (to detect the traps) is likely gonna lose money - deal with it (remember these sites only exist for you to lose money in one form or another ?)

Yeah, just like the legal system.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001
CEO Bitpanda.com
March 28, 2014, 08:34:51 AM
when i get some time on my hands i will post some IRC logs. Not today though..

Great, so you only walk around with your head some of the time. What do you do the rest of the time if it starts raining, say? Does it rain straight into your gullet?

rofl, are you unable to dechiffre what i said? Do you keep quotes of everything?
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Sentinel
March 28, 2014, 08:26:10 AM
Just my 2 cents :

- anyone willing or able to bet 10 BTC in gambling is an extreme risk-taker (or wealthy enough not to give a sh*t)
- anyone willing to gamble in online BTC gambling/betting sites must know all these only exist to take the gambler's money and are more or less pronounced scams intended only to skin the sheeple. There are no exceptions.
- anyone not extremely carefully researching every single rule and condition (to detect the traps) is likely gonna lose money - deal with it (remember these sites only exist for you to lose money in one form or another ?)

On a positive note, the OP would likely have lost that bet anyway.

Morale of the story :
a) gamblers are fools
b) a fool and his money are soon parted
c) never participate in online bitcoin betting or gambling, you'll be skinned in one way or another (that's how these "services" make money and their sole purpose)

Heed these lessions and you'll be spared of becoming a loser.

Last tip for the OP :
- locate the juristiction of that gambling site
- check approprate national law for validity of these business conditions (as expressed by their FAQ, which I'm 99% sure do not fulfill legal requirements regardless of juristiction)
- if found invalid (very likely), take a lawyer and go the oldschool legal way
- note that law virtually knows no borders (these are just delays that consume some time)

You might be surprised that the oldschool laws still work just fine in the bitcoin world, as nothing is truly anonymous on the Internet.
Keeping these matters in forum discussions usually gets you nowhere - they got the money and don't care (naturally never have) and are happy another fat victim fell into one of their traps. They feel anonymous. They feel safe.
Take it into the real world and teach them their percieved safety is an illusion and be consequent about it.
March 28, 2014, 08:00:25 AM

Great, so you only walk around with your head some of the time. What do you do the rest of the time if it starts raining, say? Does it rain straight into your gullet?
legendary
CEO Bitpanda.com
March 27, 2014, 09:20:35 PM

That's not really an opinion and you know it. I know MPEx is a good exchange and it is good that you charge so much, so that you don't have to bother with newbs. But you can't tell me that you give a shit about newbz, because i read your channel long enough to know you guys. It is like a cult and you laugh your asses of if newbs fall for scams. Also you don't mind getting money from mistakes of newbs.

Be specific. Use quotes.

March 27, 2014, 05:35:51 PM

That's not really an opinion and you know it. I know MPEx is a good exchange and it is good that you charge so much, so that you don't have to bother with newbs. But you can't tell me that you give a shit about newbz, because i read your channel long enough to know you guys. It is like a cult and you laugh your asses of if newbs fall for scams. Also you don't mind getting money from mistakes of newbs.

Be specific. Use quotes.
legendary
CEO Bitpanda.com
March 27, 2014, 02:46:11 PM
Circlejerking in here...

MP fap fap
People discussing how other people should run their business.  It's all the minuses of a circlejerk without the happy ending.

Lol.

But you don't understand! THEY HAD A POLL!

No, it is customers complaining. Most businessowners DO give a shit.

Your circlejerking "#bitcoin-assets" ring doens't give a shit. Why would you, you did enough to scam newbs out of money.

Actually that's exactly opposite of what's going on. Not that you're not welcome to your own mistaken opinion.

March 27, 2014, 12:35:48 PM
Circlejerking in here...

MP fap fap
People discussing how other people should run their business.  It's all the minuses of a circlejerk without the happy ending.

Lol.

But you don't understand! THEY HAD A POLL!

Your circlejerking "#bitcoin-assets" ring doens't give a shit. Why would you, you did enough to scam newbs out of money.

Actually that's exactly opposite of what's going on. Not that you're not welcome to your own mistaken opinion.
legendary
CEO Bitpanda.com
March 27, 2014, 04:54:54 AM
Circlejerking in here...

MP fap fap
People discussing how other people should run their business.  It's all the minuses of a circlejerk without the happy ending.

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
March 26, 2014, 11:13:46 PM
This is stealing and the behavior of the owners/operators is outrageous, in my opinion. That policy is completely unjustifiable and I hope nobody uses this site until it's changed.
Indeed, the owners of bitbet are hiding behind policies
Activity: 770
Merit: 509
March 26, 2014, 11:07:47 PM
Circlejerking in here...

MP fap fap
People discussing how other people should run their business.  It's all the minuses of a circlejerk without the happy ending.

More of a PSA that this bullshit rule exist and the people behind the company are scumbags.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1006
First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold
March 26, 2014, 11:03:55 PM
Circlejerking in here...

MP fap fap
legendary
CEO Bitpanda.com
March 26, 2014, 06:29:11 PM
Circlejerking in here...

MP fap fap
Activity: 1218
Merit: 500
BintexFutures
March 26, 2014, 06:26:47 PM
To translate mpoe prs post

Bitcoin transactions cannot simply be "invalidated" and it is impossible to block transactions.

It's really not.

You just need to create internal wallets that are your 'account balance' you can bet with your account balance and nothing else. Account balance is only made of confirmed bitcoins, no coins show in balance until confirmed. When bets are placed coins are removed by the system from the internal wallet and all payouts are also paid into the internal wallet. The user can then withdraw from their internal wallet to their personal wallet / wallet of choice.

Or

you can buy credits with bitcoins and only bet with credits. Credits are only issued once transactions are confirmed.

You know, like other bitcoin and non bitcoin betting sites do.

This shit is like an online bookmaker telling you to make a bank transfer for each bet and if the bank transfer reaches them after the bet has closed they keep it. Betting sites don't work like that, you have a balance held with the bookmaker, the bookmaker takes bets from the balance.

of course this would involve development costs and losing huge amounts of revenue. Why the fuck would anyone who clearly holds their punters with such utter disdain spend money to lose revenue?

i await the diversionary abuse.

That is an option but it would go against one of their best features which is that all transactions on the blockchain.

But it would still be incredibly easy as I said to automatically refund late bets.

They still can.

Ever sold on local bitcoins? all that is done on blockchain too but you can't sell unconfirmed coins. You have a genuine blockchain wallet address, this is your internal local bitcoins wallet, they never move your funds out of it. They simply look at your internal wallet and only let you sell as many coins as are confirmed in there. The equivalent is only taking bets from confirmed coins in a specific wallet address.

Anyway this is about as intelligent as pissing into the wind because nothing I say will have the slightest impact and I hate wasting my time.

March 26, 2014, 06:16:50 PM

Bitcoin transactions cannot simply be "invalidated" and it is impossible to block transactions.

It's really not.

You just need to create internal wallets that are your 'account balance' you can bet with your account balance and nothing else. Account balance is only made of confirmed bitcoins, no coins show in balance until confirmed. When bets are placed coins are removed by the system from the internal wallet and all payouts are also paid into the internal wallet. The user can then withdraw from their internal wallet to their personal wallet / wallet of choice.

Or

you can buy credits with bitcoins and only bet with credits. Credits are only issued once transactions are confirmed.

This shit is like an online bookmaker telling you to make a bank transfer for each bet and if the bank transfer reaches them after the bet has closed they keep it. Betting sites don't work like that, you have a balance held with the bookmaker, the bookmaker takes bets from the balance.

of course this would involve development costs and losing huge amounts of revenue. Why the fuck would anyone who clearly holds their punters with such utter disdain spend money to lose revenue?

That is an option but it would go against one of their best features which is that all transactions on the blockchain.

But it would still be incredibly easy as I said to automatically refund late bets.
BintexFutures
March 26, 2014, 06:12:14 PM

It's really not.

Or

March 26, 2014, 05:40:59 PM

However it is incredibly easy to automatically return any late bets but they prefer doubling their revenue* by having this policy where they can steal late bets.

*Literally half of bitbets income last year was from stealing late bets.
legendary
Activity: 879
March 26, 2014, 11:02:25 AM
March 26, 2014, 09:58:34 AM
Well, it would involve a little investment in development but simply, customers have a wallet address with you, much like any exchange, local bitcoins etc. You accept bets from the wallet address they have with you, if the wallet doesn't have enough confirmed funds to place the bet they can't.

This is how hundreds of bitcoin services work, from bitbargain to bitstamp.

I have a reasonable idea of what your answer will be already.

Your brain does not work. Shut up and read more.

Do you not know how to return bitcoins? You surely know how the bitcoin protocol works and how to steal them.

Not allow != Undo, fuckwit. Shut up and go away, reading isn't your thing. Whatever you think you're making "professionally" posting here is less than you'd make if you just flipped burgers, courtesy of Obama's minimum wage bullshit. Go take advantage of it, that's what it's for, that's what you're for.
BintexFutures
March 26, 2014, 04:12:20 AM
The legit thing to do would be to not allow people to place bets with unconfirmed transactions. Not hard.

How exactly?

Well, it would involve a little investment in development but simply, customers have a wallet address with you, much like any exchange, local bitcoins etc. You accept bets from the wallet address they have with you, if the wallet doesn't have enough confirmed funds to place the bet they can't.

This is how hundreds of bitcoin services work, from bitbargain to bitstamp.

I have a reasonable idea of what your answer will be already.
Pages:
Jump to: