Pages:
Author

Topic: BitBet Stole ~$7,000 from me (10 BTC) - page 7. (Read 58157 times)

Activity: 246
Merit: 124
December 04, 2013, 01:45:17 AM
This seems like as good a thread as any to bring this up:

Well said

After reading, all this amounts to is snackman asking for a donation from bibet.  I think he'll have better luck from his numerous supporters here.  What say you guys help him out.   Grin

Agreed

This is stealing and the behavior of the owners/operators is outrageous, in my opinion. That policy is completely unjustifiable and I hope nobody uses this site until it's changed.

What exactly are you agreeing to, if anything, Bitcoin Scammer? Did you even read the posts you quoted, because they both contradict each other exactly.

Please convince me your only purpose in posting on Bitcointalk is not to promote your horrible site for ad revenue.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
December 03, 2013, 09:59:13 PM
Agreed

This is stealing and the behavior of the owners/operators is outrageous, in my opinion. That policy is completely unjustifiable and I hope nobody uses this site until it's changed.

On the other hand the BitBet operators are strictly following contracts between themselves, shareholders, and bettors.

The action that creates a valid Bitcoin transaction is called a signature for a reason. In this case snackman signed a transaction to a recipient who had already GPG signed a contract with shareholders describing exactly how this situation would be handled.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
December 03, 2013, 09:12:06 PM
Agreed

Activity: 756
Merit: 522
December 03, 2013, 04:54:38 PM
Activity: 266
December 03, 2013, 02:04:14 PM
Well said

After reading, all this amounts to is snackman asking for a donation from bibet.  I think he'll have better luck from his numerous supporters here.  What say you guys help him out.   Grin
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1006
First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold
December 03, 2013, 04:41:45 AM
December 03, 2013, 12:13:29 AM
Mate, they don't care. They think you deserve to be ripped and have no interest in being 'reputable'. Until you understand that they are just going to taunt you.

This sort of self-centered mentality is entirely out of place here. People will have to change and overcome their idiocy so as to accommodate Bitcoin. It's not in any way the case that Bitcoin will have to change to accommodate people's idiocies.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
December 02, 2013, 06:35:24 PM
An FAQ is not a contract. It is a scam because no service was rendered to me and my bitcoin was stolen. I have not used emotions as my argument, only the fact that BitBet has done no work to deserve my 10 bitcoin.

That's actually exactly opposite of how things work. You've done no work to deserve a return on your 10 BTC.
As far as I can tell, the substance of your argument as to why I don't deserve my money back is "finders keepers losers weepers". - not a reputable way to conduct business - to say the least.
Mate, they don't care. They think you deserve to be ripped and have no interest in being 'reputable'. Until you understand that they are just going to taunt you.
Activity: 260
snack of all trades
December 02, 2013, 06:31:22 PM
An FAQ is not a contract. It is a scam because no service was rendered to me and my bitcoin was stolen. I have not used emotions as my argument, only the fact that BitBet has done no work to deserve my 10 bitcoin.

That's actually exactly opposite of how things work. You've done no work to deserve a return on your 10 BTC.
As far as I can tell, the substance of your argument as to why I don't deserve my money back is "finders keepers losers weepers" - not a reputable way to conduct business - to say the least.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
December 02, 2013, 06:24:23 PM
The policy is ridiculous - BitBet rewards itself for its inability to craft a proper, fair betting system by stealing.

By sending your BTC you accepted the contract, however ridiculous you think it is. It really is that simple. A scam is when a contract is broken. There is no scam here because no contract was ever broken. MPEX/BBET did exactly what they said they would do and did not back down even with mounting pressure from people using their emotions as an argument, which is very admirable to their shareholders.

This is exactly how a company dealing in BTC should behave.

You're looking at it from the perspective of the way business is done in the real world right now and ignoring you used bitcoin. If there were chargebacks or you had deposited with paypal or you were dealing with a business that isn't about tricking idiots out of their money then you'd have your money now. But you used bitcoin and with a business that despises you.

I don't think it's fair what happened but caveat emptor should always be in your mind when spending and more so when spending bitcoin.

You can trash bitbet all you want and I agree with you for the most part but if I were you I'd be trying to negotiate a settlement. They aren't a bricks and mortar business and have no fear of you suing them. Instead seek a mutually beneficial resolution.
November 30, 2013, 08:45:40 PM

November 30, 2013, 08:45:07 PM

Actually, in the world of Bitcoin, where there are no chargebacks or other ways to "idiot proof" the system, any information the service makes publicly available is part of the contract you accept when you send coins to their public key. I'm curious what else you think the contract should be. You do realize the Bitcoin protocol has no way to make sure you read (or even see) a contract before you make a transaction? Therefore it is your, and only your, responsibility to read all information about a service before you send it your coins.

The service laid out in their terms was rendered to you. The service was having your coins distributed among S.BBET's shareholders. That might not be the service you expected, but that's what they said they would do before you sent the transaction.

Just admit your error and move on and let this die. It is obvious there is no way they will refund you and any uninvolved observer can see you were trying to cheat the other bet contract holders and were dealt with reasonably purusant to the terms you agreed to.
snack of all trades
November 30, 2013, 08:39:17 PM
The policy is ridiculous - BitBet rewards itself for its inability to craft a proper, fair betting system by stealing.

By sending your BTC you accepted the contract, however ridiculous you think it is. It really is that simple. A scam is when a contract is broken. There is no scam here because no contract was ever broken. MPEX/BBET did exactly what they said they would do and did not back down even with mounting pressure from people using their emotions as an argument, which is very admirable to their shareholders.

November 30, 2013, 08:31:42 PM

November 30, 2013, 08:27:34 PM
I do not hold any shares of S.BBET but after reading this thread I wish I did.

Judging by how the price has been going, you're not the only one.
snack of all trades
November 30, 2013, 08:25:38 PM
I vote yes!

and if your nit picky and would like to change your subject its 11k now that btc has risen

You don't get to vote about what happens to other people's money.

This thread in a nutshell:

1) snackman attempts to scam the holders of a contract on Bitbet.us by betting after the contract closes. snackman sends his BTC to Bitbet.us, putting his coins in their control to be handled by the rules of the service.
2) snackman's BTC do not arrive before the bet is resolved and are kept by Bitbet.us, as is the policy of the service.
3) snackman creates 13 pages of butthurt on Bitcointalk and creates a poll that means something only in his own head. Refuses to take any responsibility for himself in regards to reading the rules or attempting to scam other users on Bitbet.us.

November 30, 2013, 08:15:57 PM
I vote yes!

and if your nit picky and would like to change your subject its 11k now that btc has risen

You don't get to vote about what happens to other people's money.

This thread in a nutshell:

1) snackman attempts to scam the holders of a contract on Bitbet.us by betting after the contract closes. snackman sends his BTC to Bitbet.us, putting his coins in their control to be handled by the rules of the service.
2) snackman's BTC do not arrive before the bet is resolved and are kept by Bitbet.us, as is the policy of the service.
3) snackman creates 13 pages of butthurt on Bitcointalk and creates a poll that means something only in his own head. Refuses to take any responsibility for himself in regards to reading the rules or attempting to scam other users on Bitbet.us.

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
November 30, 2013, 07:26:35 PM
I vote yes!

snack of all trades
November 30, 2013, 07:23:11 PM
maybe the fbi will come busting down your door. who knows?

Well, the way the US is run these days, maybe it'll come busting down your door. Even odds.

such a small amount of money

Funny you should say that.

Good companies go through arbitration and have a settlement

Exactly. It's here.

not drag whole entire communities

You are very much confused as to what "whole communities" means. Hint: it's not you. It's not the other idiot and his coupla socks.

lulz, i think ill start a bet on bitbet.us, like the multiple ones I have in the past with zero issues.
Whether or not you've had issues with bitbet in the past, they did steal from me, and to support them is to support thieves.
Activity: 662
Merit: 545
November 28, 2013, 04:07:03 AM
maybe the fbi will come busting down your door. who knows?

Well, the way the US is run these days, maybe it'll come busting down your door. Even odds.

such a small amount of money

Funny you should say that.

Good companies go through arbitration and have a settlement

Exactly. It's here.

not drag whole entire communities

You are very much confused as to what "whole communities" means. Hint: it's not you. It's not the other idiot and his coupla socks.

lulz, i think ill start a bet on bitbet.us, like the multiple ones I have in the past with zero issues.
Pages:
Jump to: