Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcloud 2.0 - BTDX - PoS3 - Newest Masternode Core 12.2 - Quark - page 34. (Read 89468 times)

Activity: 136
Merit: 100
i'm using vultr.com

the 5 dollar vps.

also, just in case....keep it on 14.04 ubuntu.

ran it on 16.04 64 Bit.  I'm open to trying on different providers.

Also - I just wiped it and tried another install.  ran into the same issue except this time I got this error:
packet_write_wait: Connection to X.X.X.X port XX: Broken pipe

and now can no longer SSH in.

Any providers you recommend?

that's too long there.  what ubuntu version did you run it on?

are you open to trying out a diffe[Suspicious link removed] provider?

I let it run overnight and it's still stuck on the same command, CPU usage pretty much 100% the entire night. i'm not sure if that means it's frozen or it's just going to take a long time to finish.

CXX      libbitcoin_server_a-init.o

yah...i would give it time.  since cpu utilization was at a 100% , it was doing something.

seems ok.  when i compiled there were times when it seems like it was frozen.  it took about 30-45min to compile.  did you give it enough time?

so i'm confident the first time around it actually did not compile.

2nd time around it actually is trying to compile.

please note it is very cpu/memory intensive to compile.  one user here couldn't complete the compiling because his vps was was too low a spec.

may i ask what your vps specification's are ?

Did the compiling stop?  Or you just noticed the error but it finished ?

Also, I ran into this snag last time on install but it gets caught on

CXX libbitcoin_server_a-init.o

Wondering if this is normal?

sorry to be confusing.  The first time i installed, it finished successfully but that's when I couldn't get any of the commands to work with the "no such file or directory error".  That's when I read the comment about missing the automake command and I decided to re-initialize the VPS and start over with a fresh install.

This time around, it seems like the compiler stops at "libbitcoin_server_a-init.o" and on the VPS monitor it says my CPU is at 100% usage, seems frozen.

edit: no matter how many times I try to now, it won't get past that line.

Thanks for the reply. Got the Alibaba cloud with these specs:
1 Core CPU
1GB Memory
40GB SSD Cloud Disk
1TB Data Transfer

Let me know if you need more information. Appreciate it

i thought i did - but maybe i'll just let it run for awhile and take a look at it later. thanks for sticking by with me, i took a crash course on linux to get this set up and I'm determined to make this happen.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
ran it on 16.04 64 Bit.  I'm open to trying on different providers.

Also - I just wiped it and tried another install.  ran into the same issue except this time I got this error:
packet_write_wait: Connection to X.X.X.X port XX: Broken pipe

and now can no longer SSH in.

Any providers you recommend?

that's too long there.  what ubuntu version did you run it on?

are you open to trying out a diffe[Suspicious link removed] provider?

I let it run overnight and it's still stuck on the same command, CPU usage pretty much 100% the entire night. i'm not sure if that means it's frozen or it's just going to take a long time to finish.

yah...i would give it time.  since cpu utilization was at a 100% , it was doing something.

seems ok.  when i compiled there were times when it seems like it was frozen.  it took about 30-45min to compile.  did you give it enough time?

please note it is very cpu/memory intensive to compile.  one user here couldn't complete the compiling because his vps was was too low a spec.

sorry to be confusing.  The first time i installed, it finished successfully but that's when I couldn't get any of the commands to work with the "no such file or directory error".  That's when I read the comment about missing the automake command and I decided to re-initialize the VPS and start over with a fresh install.

This time around, it seems like the compiler stops at "libbitcoin_server_a-init.o" and on the VPS monitor it says my CPU is at 100% usage, seems frozen.

1 Core CPU
1GB Memory
40GB SSD Cloud Disk
1TB Data Transfer

i thought i did - but maybe i'll just let it run for awhile and take a look at it later. thanks for sticking by with me, i took a crash course on linux to get this set up and I'm determined to make this happen.
that's too long there.  what ubuntu version did you run it on?

are you open to trying out a different vps provider?

1 Core CPU
1GB Memory
40GB SSD Cloud Disk
1TB Data Transfer

1 Core CPU
1GB Memory
40GB SSD Cloud Disk
1TB Data Transfer

yah...i would give it time.  since cpu utilization was at a 100% , it was doing something.

seems ok.  when i compiled there were times when it seems like it was frozen.  it took about 30-45min to compile.  did you give it enough time?

please note it is very cpu/memory intensive to compile.  one user here couldn't complete the compiling because his vps was was too low a spec.

Did the compiling stop?  Or you just noticed the error but it finished ?

sorry to be confusing.  The first time i installed, it finished successfully but that's when I couldn't get any of the commands to work with the "no such file or directory error".  That's when I read the comment about missing the automake command and I decided to re-initialize the VPS and start over with a fresh install.

1 Core CPU
1GB Memory
40GB SSD Cloud Disk
1TB Data Transfer

seems ok.  when i compiled there were times when it seems like it was frozen.  it took about 30-45min to compile.  did you give it enough time?

please note it is very cpu/memory intensive to compile.  one user here couldn't complete the compiling because his vps was was too low a spec.

sorry to be confusing.  The first time i installed, it finished successfully but that's when I couldn't get any of the commands to work with the "no such file or directory error".  That's when I read the comment about missing the automake command and I decided to re-initialize the VPS and start over with a fresh install.

1 Core CPU
1GB Memory
40GB SSD Cloud Disk
1TB Data Transfer

1 Core CPU
1GB Memory
40GB SSD Cloud Disk
1TB Data Transfer

1 Core CPU
1GB Memory
40GB SSD Cloud Disk
1TB Data Transfer

thanks. I'll try that.
you are probably missing the automake package.

before you execute btdxsetup.sh

run this command:

sudo apt-get install automake

reference:

http://ask.xmodulo.com/fix-failed-to-run-aclocal.html

good luck!

Hi! What's the problem? Sad Thanks!!

Alright so, I've gone through all the steps to set up the Masternode on my Linux VPS.

My control wallet (with 10k btdx sent to masternode wallet) is on an OSX laptop, and I manually found and edited the masternode.conf file.

On the VPS side, I ran the code to install the required packages and create + compile the wallet.  I actually had to run the code twice because it crashed my system on step 3/5 the first time.

I got it working, and entered the privkey when prompted, and created the masternode.conf file and entered all data in the ~/Bitcloud directory.

I cannot get any of the commands to work  ./bitcloudd or ./bitcloud-cli or any of those commands just say "No such file or directory" when I try to run them.  If i navigate into ~/Bitcloud/src I can see bitcloudd.cpp and bitcloud-cli in the folder.

On the control wallet side, my masternode just says protocol -1 and status is MISSING.

This is my first time trying to wrap my head around all this stuff - so I'm not sure if the install failed at any points during my setup, and I have no way of knowing if that is the case.
is your ip showing up in the wallet's all masternode list?

you are looking at roughly 29 hours plus 6h minimum staking time i believe for your first reward.....

cryptoid doesn't know how to handle multiple nodes on the same ip, thus the incorrect count.

There are 212 master nodes so you will be getting in line behind all of those so at least 227 blocks might past before you get your first rewards

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/btdx/masternodes.dws

You can use the above link and look for your IP address and then you know your master node is working.

When I do "masternode count" from console that number is 343, which is different from 212 from cryptoid.  I guess many that are listed as ENABLED in the wallet actually aren't.  Unfortunately mine isn't listed among the 212.  Wonder what can be wrong, and where to start debugging?
Alright so, I've gone through all the steps to set up the Masternode on my Linux VPS.

My control wallet (with 10k btdx sent to masternode wallet) is on an OSX laptop, and I manually found and edited the masternode.conf file.

On the VPS side, I ran the code to install the required packages and create + compile the wallet.  I actually had to run the code twice because it crashed my system on step 3/5 the first time.

I got it working, and entered the privkey when prompted, and created the masternode.conf file and entered all data in the ~/Bitcloud directory.

I cannot get any of the commands to work  ./bitcloudd or ./bitcloud-cli or any of those commands just say "No such file or directory" when I try to run them.  If i navigate into ~/Bitcloud/src I can see bitcloudd.cpp and bitcloud-cli in the folder.

On the control wallet side, my masternode just says protocol -1 and status is MISSING.

This is my first time trying to wrap my head around all this stuff - so I'm not sure if the install failed at any points during my setup, and I have no way of knowing if that is the case.
Activity: 119
Merit: 10

There are 212 master nodes so you will be getting in line behind all of those so at least 227 blocks might past before you get your first rewards

You can use the above link and look for your IP address and then you know your master node is working.

When I do "masternode count" from console that number is 343, which is different from 212 from cryptoid.  I guess many that are listed as ENABLED in the wallet actually aren't.  Unfortunately mine isn't listed among the 212.  Wonder what can be wrong, and where to start debugging?
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1022
My masternode has been running for 45 hours with no reward.  Command masternode status shows the correct VIN and "Masternode successfully started".  There are 16 connections.  I have port 8329 open.

How long does it normally take to get the first reward?

Activity: 119
Merit: 10
My masternode has been running for 45 hours with no reward.  Command masternode status shows the correct VIN and "Masternode successfully started".  There are 16 connections.  I have port 8329 open.

How long does it normally take to get the first reward?
Activity: 210
Opened Discord: Bitcloud_BTDX

Greetz
Steve
Great. link?
Pages:
Jump to: