Pages:
Author

Topic: BitClub Network: MLM promises, false testimonials and PoS coin - AVOID - page 2. (Read 62162 times)

legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737
"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."
It was actually posted on their Facebook page about some meeting, the page is not accessible anymore but the result is still cached by google
Here is the full picture.
Probably dates from the same time as the interview roger ver took ...

Also, when you scroll down to the bottom of this bitclub.com page, you will find a post they made containing this photo.  Seems they don't know either who the fifth person is.

A handful of merits for the first positive ID of the big guy.  Smiley
Above that bitclub.com post is this picture, in which Yoshi and NotSatoshi seem to be wearing the same clothes as in the other one. It's dated April 2017 Tokyo.

Nice to see Bitmain in bed with so many scammers isn't it?.....

There's a lot of agendas floating about re: Bitmain, being stoked by so called "insider" info being claimed, mainly by this Twitter account, and it's pretty impenetrable to me tbh.
If Bitmain are being investigated by the DoJ in relation to BitClub Network, it's not neccessarily for
Bitmain selling huge amount of equipment to ponzi scheme BitClub with Bitmain’s Yoshi Goto playing key role!  
which, in itself, isn't illegal.
As this article says
Quote from: Google Translate
However, taking a step back ten thousand, even if Yoshi Goto is from Bitmain and provides mining rigs and mining pool operations to BitClub, he is only selling knives. The scammer is BitClub after all.
Conspiring with them to deceive and defraud investors by disguising the true benficiaries of BCPool hashrate would probably be a different matter.
I think that the wannabe Jason Bourne (Weeks) will squeal like a pig to keep his priviledged ass out of jail thru plea bargaining.
Who he implicates and what topics were discussed at various documented meetings with the highest level Bitcoin movers and shakers will be interesting...

Activity: 670
Merit: 120
TIME TO BAN THE YOBIT SCAM!!
Nice to see Bitmain in bed with so many scammers isn't it?.....
legendary
Activity: 2319
Merit: 1288
Encrypted Money, Baby!
It was actually posted on their Facebook page about some meeting, the page is not accessible anymore but the result is still cached by google

Thanks.

Google Image search reveals some interesting results. But that was clearly after shit hit the fan for BitClub.

Also, when you scroll down to the bottom of this bitclub.com page, you will find a post they made containing this photo. The text translates to:
Quote from: Google Translate
Mr. Craig Wright, Satoshi Nakamoto

Yoshi, Ant pool's top engineer

Photo with Bit Club founder Russ
. Seems they don't know either who the fifth person is.
legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 6108
Blackjack.fun
Any way to find out where that comes from? I'm 100% sure I've seen the whole photo somewhere, likely in the scam accusations section here (likely in the BSV scam accusation thread), or on behindmlm.com. But that looks very familiar.

legendary
Activity: 2319
Merit: 1288
Encrypted Money, Baby!
Somebody just sent me this

So Left to Right:
Front: Yoshi Goto (Bitmain/warranty)
Rear: ?
Russ Medlin (BitClub)
Satoshi CSW
Marco......?
Any way to find out where that comes from? I'm 100% sure I've seen the whole photo somewhere, likely in the scam accusations section here (likely in the BSV scam accusation thread), or on behindmlm.com. But that looks very familiar.

Great work, by the way. I did my part in warning people to not enter BitClub since I've heard of them (which was right after they launched). It was just such an obvious ponzi, just looking at the website was enough. The only thing which confused me was the hashrate / found  blocks they propagated to the network. Could anyone elaborate on how they faked that? My impression was that the stats on the common block explorers can be trusted. I still recall seeing many blocks found by BitClub for a while.

I have yet to read the court documents. I wonder if there's any mention of ClubCoin, the shitcoin they launched and got so many sheep to advertise. At some point, I got lots of Skype calls from people trying to convince me to buy that crap, because it's going to "pump hard really soon" (which, of course, it didn't).
legendary
Somebody just sent me this

So Left to Right:
Front: Yoshi Goto (Bitmain/warranty)
Rear: ?
Russ Medlin (BitClub)
Satoshi CSW
Marco......?
legendary
So, a month on from the arrests of the principal BitClub scammers, an update.

Russ Medlin is still at large, according to the Feds, and
Quote from: Pacer*
is believed to be residing in a country that does not have extradition with the United States, and has access to enormous wealth and two private planes.
This is Russ Medlin

And Jobadiah (Joby) Weeks wants out of pretrial detention. He's looking at 15 to 25 years.
This is Weeks (on the right Wink )

Weeks' main argument for release is that he wasn't really that big a deal in BitClub, just "one of 100's" of foot soldiers kept in the dark etc.etc. and is just a Colorado home boy who poses no flight risk.
The DoJ disagreed and checked out his Colorado "home" address, asked around..

Quote from: Pacer
When law enforcement officers went to Weeks’ purported “home” in Aurora, Colorado on December 10, 2019 they were met not by members of the Weeks family, but instead by several individuals who said that they rarely see Weeks at that residence, that he certainly did not live at that residence, and that he visited the residence only a few times a year.

One of the disadvantages of being a run-your-mouth-off conman like Weeks is that the Internet Never Forgets. (Even when you try to scrub it like Weeks has, successfully in terms of his earlier history. When I was originally, 5 years ago, researching him there was substantial on line information about his priviledged upbringing and his early frauds, including his Ron Paul limo scam. Can't find them, didn't archive them...)

In the last two years my wife and I have visited 400+ cities and over 100+ countries.
We basically fly around the world on private jets selling machines that print money. Who wouldn’t like to have a machine that prints money?”

Of course, Weeks is politically motivated, not just a thieving, lying amoral fucker. He's a Libertarian...

Quote from: Unused BitClub Press Release, written by Weeks

BitClub pays all of our members around the world daily, tax free.

Despite what you may have been told, America is, unfortunately, no longer a free country.

If you are a U.S. CITIZENS [sic] with a SS# (Slave Surveillance Number) Then you may get in trouble with your masters at the IRS for making a bunch of Bitcoin tax free.

As a precaution, we have decided to block people using ip addressed based in the USA from joining Bitclub.

We understand U.S. CITIZENS are property and we don’t want any trouble with your owners.

BitClub quickly and publically stated that U.S. citizens should not try to invest with them. (Pseudo compliance).
They were making stealing enough money elsewhere around the world not to tempt fate, but Weeks the ideologue had other advice for would be U.S. based vicitims

Investor: I have always been a residence of the US [sic]. How am I supposed to get around this.

Weeks: United States is Washington DC, Virgin Islands, Guam, Samoa, Puerto Rico. (Do you live there)

US CITIZENS are corporations that are domiciled in the UNITED STATES. Are you a corporation or are you a human?

Don’t you live in the Republic of Utah, thats [sic] not THE UNITED STATES? You’re a flesh and blood American right?

Weeks: We just change our ip addresses to ones outside the USA.

Such a Libertarian that he wanted to "help" Liberland (and make $140m for himself/BitClub)

October 2017, Weeks emailed several coconspirators regarding his “buddy Vit, The President of Liberland.”

In the email, Weeks pitched an idea by which each of Liberland’s 500,000 “citizens” would pay $5,000 each to become “founding father[]” investors in BitClub Network and all existing BitClub Network members would be granted Liberland citizenship.

Weeks envisioned a $140 million commission for BitClub Network for onboarding Liberland citizens.

He said, “Starting a country is a mission a ton of people are on board with,” and that Liberland, with BitClub Network’s help, “would be the first country that runs on bitcoin mining instead of taxing its citizens.”

But his idealism was also comfortable with being a Super Grass informer for the U.S. Government.
Ironically, that approach led to him being arrested. (It will be interesting if he uses his undoubted knowledge in a Plea Bargain. There's a few people sweating around the world on that one.)

Weeks reached out to law enforcement in 2019 when the Government’s investigation was already underway and still covert.
Weeks claimed that he was well-situated to provide information on international money laundering through his contacts and association with others involved in the flow of large sums of funds through overseas cryptocurrency exchanges.

So the Feds stung him, arranging a meet in Florida

Weeks did not show up to this meeting expecting to be arrested; at no point during the Government’s investigation of Weeks was he ever informed of the instant charges or that the Government was investigating him or the others involved in BitClub Network.
Weeks attempted to convince agents that he might serve— in his words—as a “Jason Bourne” of cryptocurrency.

That's worth a soldering iron in any language.....

*All quotes marked "Pacer" used here come from the DoJ response to a motion filed by Joby Weeks, requesting his pretrial detention order be revoked.
The Pacer quotes, in turn, come from https://behindmlm.com/companies/bitconnect/bitclub-network-scammers-plead-not-guilty-weeks-want-out/ who have been calling out BitClub as a scam for as long as I have.
PACER = Public Access to Court Electronic Records, a U.S. payg access scheme.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1035

Btw it is just me or seems like this month a lot of scams are biting the dust? Grin

They're filling up their year end quota lol.

Glad that arrests were made though it could've been a lot sooner. Now all other scammers should know that it's only a matter of time till they too bit the dust.

Now we can debate if it was a long enough prison term, but the end was never in doubt.

-Dave

Dont think they will spend long though. I reckon 2- 3 years maybe less.

Depends on if they go to trial or settle.
Settle, yeah 2 or 3 years (possibly 4).
Trial, you never know. When you drag everyone through a trial you are really never know how it ends up. Could be 6 months, could be a decade.
More stuff comes out the longer you are in court and most of the time it's not good for the defendant.

-Dave

I hope they will be judged individually, but unfortunately, they will probably be tried together as one scam. I guess that only the main founders will be punished. Those who encourage others should also be punished, but they probably won't. They will take care of the new "project" and will do the same.
legendary
Activity: 3458
Merit: 6231
Crypto Swap Exchange

Btw it is just me or seems like this month a lot of scams are biting the dust? Grin

Glad that arrests were made though it could've been a lot sooner. Now all other scammers should know that it's only a matter of time till they too bit the dust.

Now we can debate if it was a long enough prison term, but the end was never in doubt.

-Dave

Depends on if they go to trial or settle.
Settle, yeah 2 or 3 years (possibly 4).
Trial, you never know. When you drag everyone through a trial you are really never know how it ends up. Could be 6 months, could be a decade.
More stuff comes out the longer you are in court and most of the time it's not good for the defendant.

-Dave
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1035
I remeber https://99bitcoins.com from the first day.. 

You both guys do a incredible work!

Anyway. Let see where it will hit.. I hope that the BitClub pool power enigma will be finally solved and everyone will finally understand that the amount of BitClub mining power was a lie from the beginning!
legendary
So glad this is finally over, I've been getting hate mail for years for writing that post about them on 99Bitcoins. Glad that finally the truth is coming out...

It's not "over" by a long way. The U.S. legal system has thrown a big rock into this cesspool, let's see where the ripples spread.

You did a good job and run one of the few crypto sites that are worth reading.
https://99bitcoins.com/anatomy-bitcoin-scam-bitclub-network-analyzed/

Yes, the threats and hate mail are unfortunately part of the deal, we'll have to meet for a beer and compare notes sometime.
Good luck.

Activity: 257
Merit: 251
So glad this is finally over, I've been getting hate mail for years for writing that post about them on 99Bitcoins. Glad that finally the truth is coming out...
copper member
Activity: 233
Merit: 135

-Dave

legendary
Activity: 3458
Merit: 6231
Crypto Swap Exchange

Agreed, three years for the US Prosecutors to take action is a fine example of how slow & incompetent they are. Had they visited this thread three years ago they could have saved a lot of gullible people a lot of money.

Oh well. At least they got there in the end I suppose.

Kudos to tmfp yet again.

It's not that they are slow, it's that they want the win.

A lot of the time with a lot of cases you never know the outcome you have lawyers arguing both sides. When the US attorneys show up with a big fraud case you know how it ends. They go in for the kill so it takes time. A lot of time. Kind of like with GAW, everyone knew it was coming but it took a long time to get there. Now we can debate if it was a long enough prison term, but the end was never in doubt.

-Dave
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

If you mean by arrests then it could be the fact that it's the end of the year, and the authorities want to make arrest before holidays start. There's also a risk the people they want to arrest could travel to warm and distant countries for holidays and stay there if they caught the whiff they're in trouble.
legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 6108
Blackjack.fun
The last line...

Step aside Godfather, we have an Oscar dialogue here....

You mentioned this Balaci guy, from that article he owns evobits
https://www.listafirme.ro/evobits-information-technology-srl-33766781/
I hope google translate isn't messing with me but it seems like they are doing 15 million in revenue and 3 million in net profit?

Might be a name coincidence but I'm getting only 5-6 hits on that name on FB, I wonder how common this name is in Romania.
But we will find out pretty soon:

NOTE: A fourth defendant, Silviu Catalin Balaci, was arrested in Germany after the issuance of this press release. The attached indictment has been amended to reflect this
Oh never mind, even the middle name is the same.

Activity: 1438
Merit: 574
Always ask questions. #StandWithHongKong
Happy Fucking Christmas, you bunch of thieving, lying cunts.

I can't believe how long this went on for, when this thread first started it was so obviously a scam I thought it would be a few months.

Just saw a news article about the arrests and remembered your original post, 2015 wow.

Got there in the end, well done tmfp, I know a lot of people have been scammed but hopefully your excellent research saved quite a lot more.

Agreed, three years for the US Prosecutors to take action is a fine example of how slow & incompetent they are. Had they visited this thread three years ago they could have saved a lot of gullible people a lot of money.

Oh well. At least they got there in the end I suppose.

Kudos to tmfp yet again.
legendary
Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000
Happy Fucking Christmas, you bunch of thieving, lying cunts.

I can't believe how long this went on for, when this thread first started it was so obviously a scam I thought it would be a few months.

Just saw a news article about the arrests and remembered your original post, 2015 wow.

Got there in the end, well done tmfp, I know a lot of people have been scammed but hopefully your excellent research saved quite a lot more.
legendary
Even with money rolling in, BTC going up and "idiots" being recruited by the thousands, these lowlifes still tried to stiff Catalin Balaci, the sole dev (they're his redacted replies to Goettsche, but his name is mistakenly unredacted in one charge) who was making it all possible:

The other redacted name is child molester Russ Medlin.

Edited for clarity re Balaci, thanks to Stompix prompt.

legendary

Nearly five years, I've been waiting for this bunch of totally odious shitbags to get their comeuppance. I rarely get emotionally involved in research, but the thought of Joby Weeks going to prison for a long long time...... Grin

https://www.justice.gov/usao-nj/press-release/file/1224926/download
Pages:
Jump to: