Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin 2013: The Future of Payments - San Jose, CA - May 17-19, 2013 - page 14. (Read 17384 times)

legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010
For anyone who might be interested, earlier that week in San Francisco is Finovate Spring:

Concourse Exhibition Center
635 8th Street (at Brannan)
San Francisco, CA 94103

May 14, & 15, 2013

- http://www.finovate.com/spring2013/
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Also, to see if there's an interest for those attending the conference to hear me present how Bitcoin can improve philanthropic efforts through an enhanced entity currently known as Bitcoin 100.

I'll attend, as long sure you don't schedule it opposite Gavin or some other unmissable talk...
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
We just announced our list of panelists, speakers, and topics for Bitcoin 2013.  You can check it out on the conference website: www.bitcoin2013.com  Register before March 15 to get early bird pricing - we hope to see you there!

Since Gavin is at the top and I'm at the bottom I assumed at first that the list was in order of importance, then I realized that it was alphabetical by last name Smiley

http://www.bitcoin2013.com/bitcoin-2013-panelists.html

And you wouldn't be the last on the list if MNW were to present, but I guess we don't see that happening. He was originally on the London conference list, but that didn't materialize.

What I really came here for was to post a friendly bump and link the panelists page above.

Also, to see if there's an interest for those attending the conference to hear me present how Bitcoin can improve philanthropic efforts through an enhanced entity currently known as Bitcoin 100.

There's no argument to when Bitcoin breaks-out, NPOs and NGOs, alike, will slowly start embedding Bitcoin donation buttons unto their respective websites, with entities such as BitPay acting as the liaison to convert bitcoins to their local currency prior to depositing the funds into their bank accounts. Even when Bitcoin becomes mainstream, I believe a Bitcoin-100-type entity still needs to be in place to facilitate the process, coupled with acting as a liaison of sorts to address any and all concerns that would most certainly arise. And be self-funded, not needing to solicit further donations from bitcoiners or elsewhere.

If you feel that what I've outlined above on how I believe I can accomplish such a feat, and would like to learn more while attending Bitcoin2013, please let me know by posting here. I would love to give such a presentation, as well as sit on some appropriate panel.

Having been on stage probably over a couple hundred times during my entertaining years in Nashville, I'm pretty sure I still remember how to hold a microphone, assuming microphones are to be used opposed to one being audio-assimilated like a Borg.

I look forward to your replies, with apologies for posting such a request in this thread. I believe Bitcoin2013 will turn out to be an exceptional event. Now, only if we can can get one more female on the panelist list, otherwise Rainey will be forced to go to the lady's room alone.

~Bruno K~
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1031
Rational Exuberance
We just announced our list of panelists, speakers, and topics for Bitcoin 2013.  You can check it out on the conference website: www.bitcoin2013.com  Register before March 15 to get early bird pricing - we hope to see you there!

Since Gavin is at the top and I'm at the bottom I assumed at first that the list was in order of importance, then I realized that it was alphabetical by last name Smiley
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
We just announced our list of panelists, speakers, and topics for Bitcoin 2013.  You can check it out on the conference website: www.bitcoin2013.com  Register before March 15 to get early bird pricing - we hope to see you there!
legendary
A friendly bump, to further discuss the latest without the drama the other thread(s) developed.

Hate to take you away from some shiny new toy, but just wondering if there's anything of value that you can lay on us.

Thanks, TBF.

~Bruno K~
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1054
I registered!

I have no idea what activities and speakers I paid $250 for, or why they asked me about dietary restrictions, but this is the first bitcoin conference in the U.S., and I wouldn't miss it!

Well more like the third in the US.  I wish I could go though!
This is quite obviously the 2nd international conference in the US.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1004
I registered!

I have no idea what activities and speakers I paid $250 for, or why they asked me about dietary restrictions, but this is the first bitcoin conference in the U.S., and I wouldn't miss it!

Well more like the third in the US.  I wish I could go though!
Activity: 28
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1031
Rational Exuberance
Registration for the Bitcoin 2013 conference in San Jose is now open!  You can register by going to the bitcoin2013.com site and clicking the "Register Now" button, or the "Attendees" tab.  We hope to see you there!
Thanks for letting me know - I've updated the blog links.
legendary
Hi everyone!  I'd like to take a minute to announce the Bitcoin Foundation's upcoming conference, Bitcoin 2013: The Future of Payments.  It will take place in San Jose, CA, May 17-19, 2013.  The content will include panel discussions, keynote speakers, a hackathon, VC pitches and much more!  Full details can be found on the conference website: www.bitcoin2013.com

Note that this is a "soft launch" of the website - we are looking for interested sponsors and panelists to submit their information.  In order to receive sponsorship and exhibitor details, make a request through the site, and I will follow up with you individually.  Attendee registration will be up soon, and you can submit your email address through the site to be notified when it's available.

I've also answered many questions on this forum thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoin-conference-2013-in-san-jose-134175

We hope to see you there!

Hey, Lindsay. Check the links on this page: https://bitcoinfoundation.org/blog/bitcoin2013.com/bitcoin2013.com/bitcoin2013.com/

Neither of the bold text link correctly.

Interested panelists should submit a request through the conference website.

Interested sponsors, exhibitors, and attendees can also request more information from the conference website.
Hi everyone!  I'd like to take a minute to announce the Bitcoin Foundation's upcoming conference, Bitcoin 2013: The Future of Payments.  It will take place in San Jose, CA, May 17-19, 2013.  The content will include panel discussions, keynote speakers, a hackathon, VC pitches and much more!  Full details can be found on the conference website: www.bitcoin2013.com

Note that this is a "soft launch" of the website - we are looking for interested sponsors and panelists to submit their information.  In order to receive sponsorship and exhibitor details, make a request through the site, and I will follow up with you individually.  Attendee registration will be up soon, and you can submit your email address through the site to be notified when it's available.

I've also answered many questions on this forum thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoin-conference-2013-in-san-jose-134175

We hope to see you there!
Pages:
Jump to: