Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Cash vs Bitcoin SV - page 5. (Read 24308 times)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0
March 06, 2019, 01:57:53 PM

Hyperbole and creative graphics aside. This image does convey the beliefs of the revisionist CSW aka Satoshi aka faketoshi. It is deserving of a moment of reason. All things being "market driven" $BSV is the equivalent of a snowball in hell going uphill. In order for Bitcoin SV to overtake BCH in marketcap it will have to do two things very well. 1. Allow enough initial volatility for swing traders to run up profits. 2. Out develop BCH on the use case front.

#2. is happening   
Activity: 1176
Merit: 297
Bitcoin © Maximalist
March 05, 2019, 09:13:09 AM
Evolution of Blockchains
https://ibb.co/WVhyQV7
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
February 22, 2019, 08:59:44 PM
I have never used any of those two coins for anything I sold my last Bitcoin cash a year ago, so I never got the BSV coin. There's a very little community around those coins, and most people in crypto don't like those coins.
 I see those coins as a step in bitcoins evolution, we need as many forks coins as possible to fork out of bitcoins, and then we need them to fail. Then fewer people will get scam when bitcoins gets to mass adoptions, because I think less people will fall for  scam fork coins with the bitcoin name, if all the other coins have failed.

Me neither. I've only used Bitcoin Cash (BCH) once, for doing a quick trade towards Bitcoin (BTC). In the process, transaction fees were extremely cheap and confirmation times were fast, but it was not comparable to Bitcoin in terms of security and resilience. Both Bitcoin Cash and Bitcoin SV, may have an advantage in terms of scalability relative to Bitcoin, but they will turn out to become extremely centralized within the future.

On the other hand, Bitcoin's scalability solution is separated from the main chain itself. This will allow Bitcoin to remain decentralized with a flexible block size (with Segwit it's up to 4MB), while being able to process micropayments in an instant. It has always been an original project delivering constant innovation relative to other cryptocurrencies on the market. Both BCH and BSV are simply forks or copies of the original Bitcoin blockchain that are not as innovative as other cryptocurrencies (except for BCH if it implements Avalanche consensus).

Nonetheless, Bitcoin might prevail in the long run, while the rest of the forks carrying the Bitcoin brand/name will die in the end. Just my opinion Smiley
Activity: 532
Merit: 185
February 20, 2019, 08:37:36 PM
I have never used any of those two coins for anything I sold my last Bitcoin cash a year ago, so I never got the BSV coin. There's a very little community around those coins, and most people in crypto don't like those coins.
 I see those coins as a step in bitcoins evolution, we need as many forks coins as possible to fork out of bitcoins, and then we need them to fail. Then fewer people will get scam when bitcoins gets to mass adoptions, because I think less people will fall for  scam fork coins with the bitcoin name, if all the other coins have failed.
legendary
February 20, 2019, 08:00:34 PM
my opinion about this controversy is "this is a bad thing" because with the split that happened then the bitcoin community and Bitcoin cash became divided and this would weaken the price of both because the community had a big impact on the price of coins
the bigger the community, the stronger the price and the smaller the community, the weaker the price

Yes. Ever since Bitcoin Cash emerged back in 2017, things have been very bad within the crypto space. Bitcoin has been affected in its price and reputation, as Bitcoin Cash and Bitcoin SV have done their part. By simply carrying the "Bitcoin" name, people will believe that Bitcoin Cash and Bitcoin SV are the real Bitcoin. Because of the "Bitcoin" brand/name, both Bitcoin forks have remained within the top market cap rankings. Other than that, they have no future as people will resort to the original Bitcoin blockchain that's stable, secure, and resilient.

Of course, there's a chance that both BCH and BSV will survive in the long term. Due to their distributed and open source nature, it's widely possible that they'll continue their lifecycle for many years to come. All that's needed is just a node and a miner for any blockchain network to remain operational.

Nonetheless, I believe that Bitcoin (BTC) will always be the winner, even if many criticize SegWit and Lightning Network. Just my thoughts Grin
Bitcoin © Maximalist
February 17, 2019, 08:19:20 AM
Average YTD daily Transactions  until 16 Feb 2019

BTC    285,317
Doge  30,053
LTC       23,136
BSV      18,589
DASH 11,635
BCH   10,458
XMR    5,152

The Dev exodus from BCH to BSV is taking its toll
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_JSri8qcNg&feature=youtu.be
Activity: 686
Merit: 250
February 16, 2019, 07:25:42 PM
I think that both of these coins are just a tool for trading. I like many will not invest in them in the long term.
Bitcoin © Maximalist
February 16, 2019, 03:31:54 PM
All-Star Panel: Ed Moy, Joseph VaughnPerling, Trace Mayer, Nick Szabo, Dr. Craig Wright
 Bitcoin Investor Conference - Las Vegas, NV Oct. 29 - 30, 2015

"One of the most fundamental rights of being human is the ability to own and trade property. Every other thing that we do, other than trade, is done by animals, plants, or combinations of the above. There are tool building animals, there are all sorts of things. But what we do that is really unique is we trade. To do that fairly needs property. We need to be able to control our own freedoms and the only way to do that is to basically have the right to property, to ownership, to transfer -- to decide what we want to do. That also means not telling people what we have. If we don't want to go out there and say I am a billionaire or I am running xyz or this is my life... I shouldn't have to tell people that. I should have the right to live frugally if I want to and to invest in business without telling people I am a billionaire... or that I am whatever -- like some people have to these days because governments try to make us. We should be able to choose how we live and that is the fundamental right of property. That means being able to dispose of property as we want; to be able to share it, to take it -- and that is what it is all about. Once we get things to where we have redeemable contracts and we link them to the blockchain. Where we can link money, and goods, digital rights and ownership into something that can't be changed. A fundamental open, honest, truthful asset -- the blockchain. That's when we are going to see real freedom in the world."
-Dr. Craig Wright (48:18 - 50:01 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdvQTwjVmrE&t=2898s)

Whether he is Satoshi or not, he is certainly a very passionate and extremely intelligent man.

Dr. Craig Wright:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdvQTwjVmrE&t=180s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdvQTwjVmrE&t=870s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdvQTwjVmrE&t=1915s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdvQTwjVmrE&t=2250s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdvQTwjVmrE&t=2805s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdvQTwjVmrE&t=3403s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdvQTwjVmrE&t=3883s

Couple of years old but interesting.
https://gizmodo.com/this-australian-says-he-and-his-dead-friend-invented-bi-1746958692
Activity: 1400
Merit: 674
February 15, 2019, 07:24:22 PM
my opinion about this controversy is "this is a bad thing" because with the split that happened then the bitcoin community and Bitcoin cash became divided and this would weaken the price of both because the community had a big impact on the price of coins
the bigger the community, the stronger the price and the smaller the community, the weaker the price
Activity: 604
Merit: 252
February 15, 2019, 07:08:58 PM
So are still alive those two coins responsible for the fall of Bitcoin from the $ 6000 level? Well, I know this mess at the end of last year was not enough, but it did cause some havoc! Apparently, Craig is in trouble in fact confirming himself as Satoshi, but at least he is admittedly recognized as Faketoshi, it's a good start! Roger ended up getting lost and killed BCHABC. Honestly, those two coins were destroyed.
Activity: 336
Merit: 10
February 15, 2019, 07:06:10 PM
I believe that both of these coins can only be used as coins for trading. I wouldn't bet on them in the long run.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 105
February 15, 2019, 03:46:37 PM
Roger Ver and his projects today do not have a need, today this person is not something very important at all. I think that these projects will definitely die. The main question is when. Therefore, everything depends on it.

both these project are very doubtful in case of success and I think they will perish in certain period of time - may be 1 year or may be several years.
Bitcoin © Maximalist
February 15, 2019, 03:28:30 PM
I think this competition is not healthy on the long term in contrast with smart contract bitcoin spinoff are competing for the money not for the tech at least for me
................................... Of course, not many people will be in favor of the Lightning Network, .........................

Will always be in favor of the Bitcoin network, hard-forking to the Lighting Network is wrong.   Satoshi's Network, period.

legendary
February 15, 2019, 02:37:24 PM
I think this competition is not healthy on the long term in contrast with smart contract bitcoin spinoff are competing for the money not for the tech at least for me

Exactly. Both chains are competing for the money, instead of the tech. On the other hand, Bitcoin (BTC) is building its infrastructure for micropayments without disruptions. Of course, not many people will be in favor of the Lightning Network, but it's by far the safest approach to scaling than just increasing the block size to enormous levels. Bitcoin's community is well-unified compared to the likes of both BCH and BSV.

Before BSV's inception, Bitcoin Cash used to be a good coin as the community was guiding it every step of the way. But now it's largely controlled by its developers and its enigmatic leader known as Roger Ver. Nov 15th's latest events, shows us that Bitcoin Cash is heavily centralized controlled only by the likes of a few (Roger Ver and Bitmain miners). BSV is on the same boat as BCH, but even worse as hashrate is not even properly distributed across the network (only nChain and CoinGeek dominate the space).

Which is why, I believe that neither Bitcoin Cash or Bitcoin SV will win in the long run. Bitcoin (BTC) may have its issues (since it's not perfect yet), but it's the most resilient and decentralized cryptocurrency to date. It's been criticized by some people with opposing views, but it's still widely popular in contrast to its forks (like Bitcoin Cash, Bitcoin SV, Bitcoin Gold, etc). Just my thoughts Grin
Activity: 616
Merit: 100
February 13, 2019, 12:35:20 PM
Roger Ver and his projects today do not have a need, today this person is not something very important at all. I think that these projects will definitely die. The main question is when. Therefore, everything depends on it.
Activity: 294
Merit: 1
February 13, 2019, 09:00:14 AM
It seems to me that the cryptocurrency has not risen enough on its feet to develop such contradictions, it obviously will not lead to good!
Activity: 1792
Merit: 255
February 13, 2019, 08:18:29 AM
The performance of bitcoin sv is amazing, of course this makes the position of altcoins the other one threatened especially is bitcoin cash, i'm sure that this year bitcoin sv can beat bitcoin cash.
Activity: 658
Merit: 100
February 13, 2019, 06:07:20 AM
Bitcoin © Maximalist
February 13, 2019, 05:58:27 AM
BCH is mainly controlled by Chinese miners.
BTC is focusing in alternative network like lightning instead of Bitcoin network. (separate nodes, markets,,,,,,,)
BSV has that Craig character to deal with.
legendary
February 12, 2019, 09:20:10 PM
...The way things are since segregated witness hardfork
BTC is forking itself to dead, at least another 3 on horizon......(MimbleWimble, end of backward comparability, max supply change) LN is technically a altcoin anyway with own notes.......
BCH the Chinese Miners controlled junk
BSV can never free itself from that Craig character

I believe that BTC, as well as, BCH and BSV have taken different approaches towards scalability. Both BCH and BSV have focused more on crypto politics than delivering real use cases for the mainstream world. On the other hand, BTC has adopted SegWit and Lightning Network with the aim to become useable for everyone. Of course, not everyone agrees with the path BTC has taken, but it's the safest approach for scaling Bitcoin without compromising the whole blockchain. In case LN fails, people can resort back to the main chain.

Considering how BCH's Hash War resulted in a mess, no one would want to invest into either BCH or BSV again. Bitcoin SV is largely controlled by nChain and CoinGeek, while Bitcoin Cash is largely controlled by its devs. Bitcoin (BTC) has more diversity of power than any of those forks, despite having a large portion of mining hashrate controlled by Bitmain. It's only a matter of time before people decide which cryptocurrency is the real Bitcoin for the world. So far, it's been Bitcoin (BTC) because people trust it more than any other fork in existence. Remember that copies (Bitcoin forks) will never overcome something that's original (like Bitcoin). Just my thoughts Grin
Pages:
Jump to: