Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Cash vs Bitcoin SV - page 8. (Read 24308 times)

copper member
Activity: 154
Merit: 0
www.codex.one
January 31, 2019, 03:01:50 AM
Recently, nChain announced that it will be forking to a new Bitcoin Cash node implementation known as Bitcoin SV (SV stands for Satoshi's Vision). This has been supported by Craig Wright (which claims to be the real Nakamoto) as he believes that it's the safest path to scaling yet. However, Bitcoin Cash devs (Bitcoin ABC) are against this new implementation of BCH, hence a split might occur in November leading to both coins with the same history of transactions (Bitcoin Cash and Bitcoin SV).

Bitcoin SV aims to scale indefinitely by allowing miners to choose their own block size, among several other improvements. Now it's believed that this will be the "real Bitcoin" just like what has been said about Bitcoin Cash before.

What do you think about this controversy? Will Bitcoin Cash splinter into two distinct factions? Or will it remain the same? It looks like there would occur a split of the main BCH chain, causing Bitcoin SV to emerge. However, only one shall survive in the market (if not both or none of them). Looking forward for your thoughts Smiley

I much prefer to choose bitcoin Cash, or rather the main line here which is bitcoin. Yes, both are upgrades of bitcoin but bitcoin is the best and many people know it that's why I believe it still has its future.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 297
Bitcoin © Maximalist
January 31, 2019, 02:59:05 AM
Regarding Hardforks

Hardcore Bitcoiners will never touch Lightning, segwit it has nothing to do with Bitcoin.
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
January 31, 2019, 02:55:42 AM
Bcash is much better than SV, bcash is working towards more adoptions with on chain scaling while SV is just a scam coin.
Nothing is better than any of them.

They both are centralized and is just dividing the people who supports bitcoin. These two are just bitcoin forks.

Bitcoin is bitcoin not sv, not abc.
Activity: 553
Merit: 11
January 31, 2019, 12:58:50 AM
Between bitcoin cash and bitcoin sv, I tend to choose bitcoin cash while for bitcoin sv I don't know too much, I think bitcoin cash is developing quite well and in the future it will certainly be more widely known
Activity: 74
Merit: 0
January 31, 2019, 12:42:24 AM
Bcash is much better than SV, bcash is working towards more adoptions with on chain scaling while SV is just a scam coin.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
January 30, 2019, 07:26:27 PM
...This hardfork seems shady for me and I don't see big future for any of these coins.

Me neither. Both coins are centralized with no purpose for the real world. They have nearly the same scalability roadmap where they'll continue to increase the block size to new heights. When compared against Bitcoin, they're less secure and resilient for everyday transactions. Despite that Bitcoin devs have been criticized by not properly scaling the cryptocurrency, I believe that they're doing a good job since they're preserving decentralization which is most important.

It's easy to increase the block size to any desired level, but it could have serious risks of centralization in the long term. One needs to have in mind the interest of the people, to help maintain the cryptocurrency as decentralized and free from middleman as possible. Bitcoin SV is extremely centralized in its mining process (as the 3 major mining pools are controlled by nChain), while Bitcoin Cash is centralized by its own developers (implementing checkpoints, etc)

Because of the Hash War disaster, I've decided to never get into Bitcoin Cash again. Prior to such event, I've sold all my BCH to BTC as I had the feeling that prices were going to fall across the market due to the hard fork. Many investors have become disappointed by Bitcoin Cash ABC and Bitcoin SV, which has led them back into Bitcoin (BTC) itself.

Nonetheless, the future lies for Bitcoin instead of all the other useless Bitcoin forks. Just my opinion Smiley
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
January 25, 2019, 07:20:32 AM
Have you heard blockchain info added bitcoin SV in their wallet? I believe it is positive sign. By the way I prefer to stay away from both bitcoin ACB and bitcoin SV.
This hardfork seems shady for me and I don't see big future for any of these coins.
legendary
January 24, 2019, 09:05:55 PM
I see no reason at all today to talk about what would be best at the moment. In my opinion, both projects have no sense whatsoever, so today I see that the market as a whole does not accept any forks. Today, only real cryptocurrencies.

Exactly. Both projects have no sense, since they’re nearly identical to Bitcoin with only a few minor tweaks. Increasing the block size capacity, and reactivating some opcodes, is not innovative since Bitcoin had such features in its early days. In other words, Bitcoin didn't have a block size limit, with many opcodes activated. However, the real Satoshi did implement a limit in block size and disabled some opcodes for a very good reason (to protect the BTC blockchain from attacks). This has allowed Bitcoin to remain a resilient and decentralized cryptocurrency ever since it came into inception back in 2009.

Removing the block size limit or increasing it to enormous levels, as well as, reactivating some opcodes, will make Bitcoin highly centralized and insecure. Which is why, I believe that at some point in the future, BCH and BSV will fail due to their centralization and unstable blockchains. As such, the more the block size increases, the worst as average people won't be able to afford running a full node (in case blocks were filled to their maximum capacity of either 32mb or 128mb.

Therefore, only real cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and Ethereum will survive for many years to come. Just my thoughts Grin
Activity: 658
Merit: 13
January 22, 2019, 12:58:50 PM
I don't choose the second, BTC is the only real coin, besides it is shit. You must have known about the hardfork bch yesterday. Bch developers only want to make a profit and that only worsens the crypto market.
Activity: 602
January 22, 2019, 12:47:48 PM
Honestly I do not know did not study the project BItcoinSV and what it is promising,but for me so I'm sure that it will flourish mainly Bitcoin itself,and its Forks will always be in the back place, ESA of the two to choose probably still bitcoin cache, as it is strongly sagged, and there is a basis to believe that it should be very good to grow, but not the fact that SV so will grow, as a relatively new coin, and especially BZ drawdown it was
Activity: 602
January 22, 2019, 12:19:10 PM
I see no reason at all today to talk about what would be best at the moment. In my opinion, both projects have no sense whatsoever, so today I see that the market as a whole does not accept any forks. Today, only real cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 297
Bitcoin © Maximalist
January 22, 2019, 12:12:15 PM
Binance will open trading for:
https://support.binance.com/hc/en-us/articles/360022190791

BCHABC/TUSD
BCHABC/PAX
BCHABC/USDC

BCHSV/TUSD
BCHSV/PAX
BCHSV/USDC

Bitcoin Forkings as  happened

legendary
January 11, 2019, 09:51:39 PM
I invested in Bitcoin Cash last year but after the split or you can say hardfork its a big loss. I am still hopeful for long term but don't know howlong.

Agree. After the BCH Hash War, things have changed drastically in people's perception of Bitcoin Cash. Now, many have abandoned the BCH blockchain because of uncertainty related to the same. While BSV has parted separate ways, the events of the Hash War were a complete mess. It shows how centralized are both ends (Bitcoin Cash ABC and Bitcoin SV) either by using checkpointing or controlling a large share of the network's hashrate (like Craig and Calvin).

Bitcoin Cash's current price is way lesser that it was prior to the hard fork. It's a good thing I've gotten out of BCH before Nov 15th, as I would've lost a lot of money by now. I'm not thinking of going back to BCH, unless it improves to be a decentralized cryptocurrency for the masses. Despite this, given the reputation both chains had during the Hash War (BCH and BSV), it'll be hard for either BCH or BSV to gain traction anytime soon.

Nonetheless, in this bear market, it's good to remain with some Bitcoin (BTC) while everything goes back to normal. Smiley
Activity: 448
Merit: 1
January 11, 2019, 11:27:13 AM
If you choose from these projects, I probably would not have chosen anything, because both of these projects are simply hopeless today. These projects are not used anywhere and I think that they will not be popular.
Activity: 518
January 11, 2019, 06:41:35 AM
I invested in Bitcoin Cash last year but after the split or you can say hardfork its a big loss. I am still hopeful for long term but don't know howlong.
legendary
January 04, 2019, 12:47:46 PM

i think they are equivalent, on a personal level i prefer bitcoin cash, bitcoin sv i do not think has brought anything new beyond the possibility of choosing the size of the blocks that i do not care about it

When comparing both Bitcoin Cash, and Bitcoin SV, Bitcoin Cash seems to be much more stable and reliable than SV these days. However, SV only has a few months since its inception, which means that it could improve over time. It'll be interesting to watch both blockchains grow alongside each other, as it'll help determine which is the best in terms of scalability, and most of all, reliability. In terms of decentralization, Bitcoin is still the winner (at least in the technical aspects).

However, some level of centralization (like BCH and BSV have) is somewhat good for high transaction throughput and low fees. Which is why, increasing the block size over time, will help the blockchain network to retain its scalability (with the downside that storage and bandwidth costs will rise accordingly). Perhaps, someday BCH and BSV would aim for unlimited block sizes enabling massive scalability, but with a huge centralization risk.

Nonetheless, Bitcoin Cash (ABC) seems to have the most support from merchants, individuals, startups, and companies alike (according to Coin.dance stats). Things could change in the future, if people adopt Bitcoin SV at a large scale. Just my opinion Smiley
Activity: 938
Merit: 159
January 03, 2019, 12:56:28 PM

i think they are equivalent, on a personal level i prefer bitcoin cash, bitcoin sv i do not think has brought anything new beyond the possibility of choosing the size of the blocks that i do not care about it
Activity: 233
Merit: 1
January 03, 2019, 12:41:00 PM
I think the bitcoin currency Now many uses of blockchain technology are almost evenly distributed in every sector of modern life. Both the health, environmental, economic and even education sectors.
So the new token that appears is certainly not just / like old tokens whose functions are quite limited. So I think it's pretty good. Although we will also be more confused to determine what coins/tokens we can invest later.
Activity: 462
Merit: 12
January 03, 2019, 12:38:09 PM
All of you, that in the entire life of Bitcoin, there were already a lot of splits, and not a single so-called clone-Bitcoin could even come close to Bitcoin.
legendary
January 03, 2019, 12:20:15 PM
BSV is Hardcore Bitcoiners the way Satoshi created it. None of this none bitcoin 3rd party  segregated witness (segwit) bullshit, aka creating banking channel or tinkering with max supply or what not.
It is a staunch community thats why they carry forward the creators way of bitcoin chain, aka Men to Men (Peer to Peer like in White paper) transaction.

ABC is Chinese miners version

Bitcoin SV may have all the original features of Bitcoin, but it will become highly centralized over the long term, because of its huge block size. Considering how many people cannot meet the necessary budget to operate an SV node (in case blocks would become filled to their entirety), due to high storage and bandwidth requirements, only a few people (mostly wealthy individuals) would be able to maintain the Bitcoin SV blockchain. Of course, this could change if somehow storage and bandwidth would increase at a fast pace over time, while costs become reduced (Moore's law).

However, that's not happening, which means that the risk of centralization is still there for SV. On the other hand, BTC has a much smaller block size which is quite manageable for everyday people as storage and bandwidth requirements are low. In the case of Bitcoin Cash, I fully agree with you. Bitcoin Cash (ABC) is the Chinese miners’ version of Bitcoin since Bitmain's Jihan Wu fully backs it. As for the future direction of Bitcoin, time will tell whenever the Lightning Network or a block size increase is the most viable solution for scaling.

Nonetheless, both Bitcoin Cash and Bitcoin SV may survive for a long time. It will depend on how many users, businesses and startups are supporting them. So far, Bitcoin Cash (ABC) has the most support when compared with Bitcoin SV. There may not be many nodes and miners for SV, but that could change in the future if people become largely interested in it. Just my opinion Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: