Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin debit card - page 78. (Read 293872 times)

Activity: 129
Merit: 100
March 22, 2016, 12:41:53 PM
I have a MC from E-coin in USD. Is it possible to load it from PayPal? Cause I can't seem to have the option to order a virtual visa card from E-coin.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
March 22, 2016, 11:15:12 AM
Great Service!
Activity: 365
Merit: 250
March 22, 2016, 07:45:06 AM
I don;t think this was a good idea to put it up in public . Paypal has strict anti crypto policies, there is a good reason there is currently no other direct way except this for easy conversion. I know you might say it is not considered direct since it goes to card then to btc, but you know how they are a state of their own. I am affraid this will attract unnecessary heat and attention, they can simply block the issuing bank and all the cards. This would affect all the crypto card issuing websites, as all of them are using mychoice cards. You could of simply mailed the instructions, instead of puting it out in the public as that is strictly against all policies in effect on PP, and it can do more harm then good.

Well, perhaps. Though it seems PayPal has changed its veiws recently: http://www.coindesk.com/paypal-xapo-wences-board-directors/
Xapo is also a MyChoice client, so I'm pretty sure the guy will not let PayPal block his business.
March 22, 2016, 07:42:19 AM
I received an email saying this :

Do you have funds just sitting in your PayPal? Use them to buy bitcoin! We are happy to announce the ability to buy bitcoin with PayPal for users in 37 countries including Chile, Estonia, Indonesia, Israel, Italy, Malaysia, Morocco, Philippines, Turkey and dozens more. Click here for a full list of supported countries and a tutorial of how to buy bitcoin with PayPal.

Now I'm from Algeria as I said before but I have and I use your virtual card , I'm going to be able to buy using Paypal or not ? I mean does this service read our IP addresses or something or he read the country on our Paypal accounts ?

Hello,
Well, nothing is reading your IP address. However PayPal is checking your billing address - if it does not like it, you will not be able to link your card. + as far as I know PayPal in Algeria has some limitations which make usage of our card impossible. Though I do not know this for sure, you can double-check this with their support.

I was able to link without any issues (I used it when It was visa) , I'm just asking about your new feature that allow us to buy Bitcoin using Paypal ? do they read my IP to know where I'am ? because the email I received says it's only available in few countries .

This is not exactly a new feature. New feature is to buy bitcoins with your card.
Consequently, if you can load your card with PayPal - you can buy bitcoins with PayPal. If you already have the card and it is linked to PayPal - nothing could stop you (:

We do not perform any additional IP checks. So no worries about that.

The list of countries contains countries we know for sure accept our card. That's it. It is not the limitation, and most likely more countries support E-Coin card. We just did not want to set false expectations and tell that you can buy bitcoins with PayPal all over the world (because not everywhere our card is accepted).
staff
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6152
March 22, 2016, 04:49:49 AM

Do you have funds just sitting in your PayPal? Use them to buy bitcoin! We are happy to announce the ability to buy bitcoin with PayPal for users in 37 countries including Chile, Estonia, Indonesia, Israel, Italy, Malaysia, Morocco, Philippines, Turkey and dozens more. Click here for a full list of supported countries and a tutorial of how to buy bitcoin with PayPal.

Now I'm from Algeria as I said before but I have and I use your virtual card , I'm going to be able to buy using Paypal or not ? I mean does this service read our IP addresses or something or he read the country on our Paypal accounts ?

Hello,
Well, nothing is reading your IP address. However PayPal is checking your billing address - if it does not like it, you will not be able to link your card. + as far as I know PayPal in Algeria has some limitations which make usage of our card impossible. Though I do not know this for sure, you can double-check this with their support.

I was able to link without any issues (I used it when It was visa) , I'm just asking about your new feature that allow us to buy Bitcoin using Paypal ? do they read my IP to know where I'am ? because the email I received says it's only available in few countries .
March 22, 2016, 04:07:43 AM

Hello,
staff
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6152
March 22, 2016, 03:11:04 AM

Activity: 91
Merit: 10
March 21, 2016, 05:28:28 PM
I don;t think this was a good idea to put it up in public . Paypal has strict anti crypto policies, there is a good reason there is currently no other direct way except this for easy conversion. I know you might say it is not considered direct since it goes to card then to btc, but you know how they are a state of their own. I am affraid this will attract unnecessary heat and attention, they can simply block the issuing bank and all the cards. This would affect all the crypto card issuing websites, as all of them are using mychoice cards. You could of simply mailed the instructions, instead of puting it out in the public as that is strictly against all policies in effect on PP, and it can do more harm then good.

Activity: 388
March 21, 2016, 03:24:37 PM
I just saw we can now buy bitcoin with virtual VISA cards from e-coin. Are there are any fees for this service?

Right now we charge zero fees for the service. PayPal does have a withdrawal fee. You can read more in our blog.

https://blog.wirexapp.com/buy-bitcoin-paypal/

_______________________________________________________________________________ ___________________
We just launched the ability to buy bitcoin with PayPal in 37 countries.

https://news.bitcoin.com/wirex-brings-paypal-bitcoin-conversion-30-countries/
The ‘buy bitcoin with PayPal’ feature is available for PayPal accounts within the following countries:

Bahamas, Bahrain, Botswana*, Bulgaria, Chile, Croatia, Estonia, Georgia, Gibraltar, Honduras*, Iceland, Indonesia, Israel, Italy, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lesotho, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Mauritius, Moldova, Morocco, Mozambique*, Oman, Philippines, Romania, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Senegal*, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates and Uruguay.
Activity: 129
Merit: 100
March 21, 2016, 02:36:05 PM
I just saw we can now buy bitcoin with virtual VISA cards from e-coin. Are there are any fees for this service?
March 21, 2016, 04:02:34 AM
I got my btc out after installing all possible browsers, and i confirm FireFox current download from website works.
You should just disable the address book and let us paste the address, since most of us are on HD wallets we/I generate a withdrawal address for each and every transaction.
So i dont see the point of address books at all , let alone enforcing it. I will never use the same address twice.

Wirex app seems not working as well, for btc withdrawal.

Thank you for feedback! I'll send to the dev team for review (regarding copy-paste option to easy the transfer process). They also reported this should be fixed later today. So, hopefully it will be.

As for the withdrawal - we are out of FIAT (USd for sure, do not know about others). Once bank processes our settlement, it should ba back.
March 21, 2016, 03:57:58 AM
Chrome does not work on Win10, Edge same. Persistence and cookies wiped.
March 21, 2016, 03:39:55 AM
Hello All,

In my previous post I meantioned the possible issues with the BTC transfers. Here is an update for that:

Issue 1. You are unable to select address from address book.

We have reported this to our development team. So far, the affected browsers are: Chrome (Win), IE11 (Win), Opera (Win), Safari&Chrome (iOS 9.2.1).
The address selection  WORKS in Firefox (ver 43.0.4, Win8), IE10 (Win8), Safari (iOS 7.1.2). Please use those browsers if you could while we are fixing the main issue.

I would also appreciate the info about your working and not-working browsers, versions and OS to collect as many data as we could for faster resolution.

Issue 2. When you are trying to transfer you are getting Service Unavailable error with refID.

In most cases this is Insufficient funds error. Currently the blockchain fee is calculated incorrectly, so you need manually reduce the amount you wish to transfer. This was promised to be fixed later today with new backend deploy.

If you are trying to transfer the sum much smaller than your account balance - please report to me (via PM), or ro [email protected] with RefID.

And few more details:
Chrome on Win10 may work - please try to clear the cache. Not sure though, me and my colleague have the same Chrome version, I am on Win8, he is on Win10. Mine does not work at all (nothing helps), his works fine. So additional feedback regarding Chrome behavior on your side would be very appreciated.

Also, Edge is not working. Firefox works both on Win8&10
March 21, 2016, 03:30:03 AM
I got my btc out after installing all possible browsers, and i confirm FireFox current download from website works.
You should just disable the address book and let us paste the address, since most of us are on HD wallets we/I generate a withdrawal address for each and every transaction.
So i dont see the point of address books at all , let alone enforcing it. I will never use the same address twice.

Wirex app seems not working as well, for btc withdrawal.
March 21, 2016, 03:26:08 AM
Hello All,

In my previous post I meantioned the possible issues with the BTC transfers. Here is an update for that:

Issue 1. You are unable to select address from address book.

We have reported this to our development team. So far, the affected browsers are: Chrome (Win), IE11 (Win), Opera (Win), Safari&Chrome (iOS 9.2.1).
The address selection  WORKS in Firefox (ver 43.0.4, Win8), IE10 (Win8), Safari (iOS 7.1.2). Please use those browsers if you could while we are fixing the main issue.

I would also appreciate the info about your working and not-working browsers, versions and OS to collect as many data as we could for faster resolution.

Issue 2. When you are trying to transfer you are getting Service Unavailable error with refID.

In most cases this is Insufficient funds error. Currently the blockchain fee is calculated incorrectly, so you need manually reduce the amount you wish to transfer. This was promised to be fixed later today with new backend deploy.

If you are trying to transfer the sum much smaller than your account balance - please report to me (via PM), or ro [email protected] with RefID.

Activity: 658
Merit: 500
March 18, 2016, 09:22:37 PM
Not allowing me to withdraw my BTC either... Service unavailable - try again later, refId: 77374ac9b2524f69a55ba9c090a2af57
March 18, 2016, 07:42:55 PM
Actually its not working from any browser. IE, Opera, Chrome...
Sad ii wantz my btcccc.....
March 18, 2016, 07:25:42 PM
Cant transfer BTC out of e-coin, Opera browser, address book not selectable.
Maybe just let us paste the address, instead of needing to add it to book first.
Activity: 108
March 18, 2016, 11:45:01 AM
Are you having maintenance all day today?
Activity: 388
Pages:
Jump to: