Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin for Taxi - page 28. (Read 6953 times)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0
August 24, 2017, 02:35:43 PM
I drive a taxi in Brooklyn NY and have a sign in the back saying I accept Bitcoin. Well, yesterday finally someone wanted to pay me bitcoins, we agreed on a price of .004 bitcoins but, guess what, it was going to cost him almost $6 in fees to send me $16. We had wallet settings on low fees and fees made doing the transaction unreasonable. He was using Jaxx wallet on Android phone. I was disappointed. This is a bad sign, Bitcoin is broken. He ended up paying me cash
Activity: 1708
Merit: 606
Buy The F*cking Dip
August 24, 2017, 02:28:01 PM
I think it would be great if you could pay your Taxi-drive with Bitcoin! U agree with me?

I definitely agree with you brother. I would like to see that happening in real life. That will only happen if BTC gets mass-adopted by the larger portion of our population. It could be far-off for now but it could definitely happen. Also, as stated by the above post regarding the high transaction fees paid to the network, it is indeed not practical to pay your taxi using BTC accompanied by high fees. Hopefully, this problem will also be solved in the coming months.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Snip - The Future of News on the Blockchain
August 24, 2017, 02:21:09 PM
BTC doesn't fit for small payments today
The fees are too high currently and the confirmation can take hours.
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
August 24, 2017, 11:12:46 AM
I think it would be great if you could pay your Taxi-drive with Bitcoin! U agree with me?
Pages:
Jump to: