Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Gold (BTG) - page 16. (Read 104146 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 100
January 19, 2018, 01:45:52 PM
I've been out of the loop for a while, and didn't understand why the price was for BTG futures, rather than BTG, I'm happy that I get it now.

It sounds like a shame that they pre-mined it, the idea of Bitcoin being ASIC resistant probably isn't something that most people would be against, but someone trying to steal a load of money in the process isn't ever going to be so popular.
I expect that BTG will hang around as a top 50 coin, just because people are invested in it, even without ever buying it.  That puts pressure on exchanges to list it and keeps trade volume up.  I guess I'll dump though.
d_x
Activity: 62
Merit: 10
January 19, 2018, 12:20:20 PM
So now it is quiet enough for you but only a dollar a month with your laptop ? you are full of shit, go away , i just said 2 x 1080ti will pull you $20 a day, no you are a government agent spreading FUD , hey people, what would you rather do , live with a noisy computer in another room where you can't actually hear it ...... or work in the rat race for THE REST OF YOUR LIFE
[/quote]

i am not sure why you are attacking me. I just said what my experience was and it was a few years ago. Now I have no rigs Smiley and I am not considering it anymore, partly beacuse of what I said. You have different experience. Good for you, you shared it, just let others live too man. As I can see you are attacking others too:

Refused to support Bitcoin-Gold: Coinbase and GDAX with Bittrex. Did not support BTG and EXMO, and WEX. The reason is the lack of security guarantees when working with BTG. According to the same Bittrex, the information and code base provided by fork bitcoin developers is not in a functional state, and does not meet the necessary safety criteria. Bitcoin Gold was launched on November 12th. The hardware wallets Trezor and Ledger have already been announced for BTG support, while several mining pools have stopped the production of crypto currency.

russian fake news peddler

just let others live, man
[/quote]

lol , look i know whats happening here, and im sure everyone else does , just too fake , anyway, look what you did 2 years ago is irrelevant and random and reeks agenda, and 2 years is a long time in crypto , dont dwell on the past, live in the moment.

Oh and I attacked someone part of the fake news twitter manipulation , just look at his last posts and his twitter account , wake up people!
Activity: 392
Merit: 39
January 19, 2018, 12:04:58 PM

Sure I scaled up, I started with a computer wit 3GPU that was fixed for me by the computer store, but then I learned some more and figured out that I had some old PCs so why not buy some additional GPUs and power units and I fixed them myself.

I can only tell you, that even a one GPU system mining 24/7 is not feasible if you want to live your life around it.

you missed the point entirely so maybe you are a fake, the one gpu you live your life around is your gaming computer, your mining computer(s) can be somewhere else making money !?!

well I am not sure what is your experience, but the moment you turn the miner on, your GPU really stops being a nice quiet addition to the PC, it becomes a loud and hot monster with all fans on max speed. Try to do it at night, you'll see what I mean.

EDIT: some years ago I used my work laptop for mining, at that time nobody really heard of it so I had no fears that IT departament intervenes. It was quiet, but even then (what was it? 2012? 13?), it brought like a dollar per month. All my experiences with real GPU units tell me it is very loud.

So now it is quiet enough for you but only a dollar a month with your laptop ? you are full of shit, go away , i just said 2 x 1080ti will pull you $20 a day, no you are a government agent spreading FUD , hey people, what would you rather do , live with a noisy computer in another room where you can't actually hear it ...... or work in the rat race for THE REST OF YOUR LIFE

I am not sure why you are attacking me. I just said what my experience was and it was a few years ago. Now I have no rigs Smiley and I am not considering it anymore, partly beacuse of what I said. You have different experience. Good for you, you shared it, just let others live too man. As I can see you are attacking others too:

Refused to support Bitcoin-Gold: Coinbase and GDAX with Bittrex. Did not support BTG and EXMO, and WEX. The reason is the lack of security guarantees when working with BTG. According to the same Bittrex, the information and code base provided by fork bitcoin developers is not in a functional state, and does not meet the necessary safety criteria. Bitcoin Gold was launched on November 12th. The hardware wallets Trezor and Ledger have already been announced for BTG support, while several mining pools have stopped the production of crypto currency.

just let others live, man
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1024
January 19, 2018, 12:02:30 PM

What are you talking about? Bittrex supports BTG and has for a while. Both Trezor and Ledger have supported it for quite a while now also. Many mining pools are actively mining the coin.
d_x
January 19, 2018, 12:00:28 PM

Activity: 196
January 19, 2018, 11:52:31 AM
d_x
January 19, 2018, 11:47:38 AM

Ha ha but its all a learning thing isnt it, maybe people that know nothing about computers join the party. You dont have to start off big (for average joe) with a 16 GPU miner, you can just get say, put a system together with 2 1080 ti's and you just get your foot in the door, it will bring in about $20 dollars a day, but the beauty is you start trading and learning and making mistakes and knowing who to trust with minimum risk and then when you are confident you can scale up.

Sure I scaled up, I started with a computer wit 3GPU that was fixed for me by the computer store, but then I learned some more and figured out that I had some old PCs so why not buy some additional GPUs and power units and I fixed them myself.

I can only tell you, that even a one GPU system mining 24/7 is not feasible if you want to live your life around it.

you missed the point entirely so maybe you are a fake, the one gpu you live your life around is your gaming computer, your mining computer(s) can be somewhere else making money !?!

well I am not sure what is your experience, but the moment you turn the miner on, your GPU really stops being a nice quiet addition to the PC, it becomes a loud and hot monster with all fans on max speed. Try to do it at night, you'll see what I mean.

EDIT: some years ago I used my work laptop for mining, at that time nobody really heard of it so I had no fears that IT departament intervenes. It was quiet, but even then (what was it? 2012? 13?), it brought like a dollar per month. All my experiences with real GPU units tell me it is very loud.

d_x
January 19, 2018, 11:30:51 AM

Ha ha but its all a learning thing isnt it, maybe people that know nothing about computers join the party. You dont have to start off big (for average joe) with a 16 GPU miner, you can just get say, put a system together with 2 1080 ti's and you just get your foot in the door, it will bring in about $20 dollars a day, but the beauty is you start trading and learning and making mistakes and knowing who to trust with minimum risk and then when you are confident you can scale up.

for someone that is into crypto you seem to be against others getting into crypto - and that is the opposite of how it would work if you were a true believer , u are caught out sorry.

you can set the gpu temperature or fan speed to whatever you wanted, you sacrifice peace and quiet for cooler silicon , its not rocket science.
January 19, 2018, 10:05:09 AM

I have a Sapphire RX 580 8GB Limited Edition in my rig at home. It is currently mining DGB at full intensity and the fans do not run at max speed and is actually pretty quiet. I guess it depends on the algo you are mining. It stays relatively cool in the mid 70s also.

haha you may be right. At that time I played with those babys: Radeon HD7870, I had Gigabyte and MSI brands and they always went crazy 5 seconds after the miner was started
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1024
January 19, 2018, 09:58:20 AM

I have a Sapphire RX 580 8GB Limited Edition in my rig at home. It is currently mining DGB at full intensity and the fans do not run at max speed and is actually pretty quiet. I guess it depends on the algo you are mining. It stays relatively cool in the mid 70s also.
January 19, 2018, 09:56:09 AM

d_x
January 19, 2018, 09:48:37 AM
This current move is great. I don't know much about BTG I just
inherited coins at the fork, so I don't know yet what is driving them
Current rise in price.

Unlike what I did with the previous bitcoin fork coins, selling BCH
at $950 I will be holding as BTG gains popularity.

could what they say about satoshi's vision be true? like its the peoples coin or something and the people run the network also. I mean it is one of the best to mine for profits with nvidia geforce 1070 , 1080, 1080ti right now. Maybe everyone can have a 16 gpu mining rig in their home and escape the rat race?

I want to refer to your idea: Maybe everyone can have a 16 gpu mining rig in their home and escape the rat race

Well, for one thing I had a 6 GPU (only 6!) mining rig at home and it had a dedicated room. The heat it emmited was enormous so I had a home-made fan based cooling system, so it was not only hot (in summer) but also loud like a small jet plane. To help the fans in winter I would turn the heating off and open all windows so it became very cold in the room. You wouldn't want to be living your regular life next to 16 GPU mining rig!

I don't think that it is something that an average Joe can put under his bed in a bedroom.

January 19, 2018, 09:36:57 AM
Current rise in price.

could what they say about satoshi's vision be true? like its the peoples coin or something and the people run the network also. I mean it is one of the best to mine for profits with nvidia geforce 1070 , 1080, 1080ti right now. Maybe everyone can have a 16 gpu mining rig in their home and escape the rat race?

I want to refer to your idea: Maybe everyone can have a 16 gpu mining rig in their home and escape the rat race

Well, for one thing I had a 6 GPU (only 6!) mining rig at home and it had a dedicated room. The heat it emmited was enormous so I had a home-made fan based cooling system, so it was not only hot (in summer) but also loud like a small jet plane. To help the fans in winter I would turn the heating off and open all windows so it became very cold in the room. You wouldn't want to be living your regular life next to 16 GPU mining rig!

I don't think that it is something that an average Joe can put under his bed in a bedroom.

Sure I scaled up, I started with a computer wit 3GPU that was fixed for me by the computer store, but then I learnt some more and figured out that I had some old PCs so why not buy some additional GPUs and power units and fans and I fixed them myself.

d_x
January 19, 2018, 09:21:26 AM
Current rise in price.

Activity: 280
Merit: 103
January 19, 2018, 08:32:24 AM
I am absolutely against all the forks of bitcoins, because I think that they just used its open source code, they just could not think of anything new, of course, maybe they modified the code a little, but I do not think that they are worthy of money simply because of these forks

I generally agree with your opinion, but there are some forks which are actually not a forks (virtual fork - for better distribution), like Bitcore (BTX). That is the only one I found out to be an acceptable "fork". and more than that.

So if someone is looking for GPU coin with the idea of bitcoin, but better, faster, tx cheaper, even with amazing airdrops for next 3 months (5% of your balance every monday), this is the way to go.
January 19, 2018, 07:19:49 AM
Current rise in price.

d_x
January 19, 2018, 03:34:37 AM
Current rise in price.

Activity: 602
Merit: 101
January 17, 2018, 11:18:42 AM
I am absolutely against all the forks of bitcoins, because I think that they just used its open source code, they just could not think of anything new, of course, maybe they modified the code a little, but I do not think that they are worthy of money simply because of these forks
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
January 17, 2018, 11:14:23 AM
Bitcoin Gold decentralizes mining by adopting a PoW algorithm, Equihash, which cannot be run faster on the specialty equipment used for Bitcoin mining (ASIC miners.) This gives ordinary users a fair opportunity to mine with ubiquitous GPUs.
Bitcoin Gold is a free open source software project that is built by volunteer developers and supported by a rapidly growing community of Bitcoin enthusiasts that stretches around the globe.
Hard forking Bitcoin’s blockchain fairly and efficiently distributes a new digital asset immediately to people all over the world who have interest in cryptocoins. Other methods, such as creating coins with a new genesis block, concentrate ownership within a small group.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
January 17, 2018, 11:08:34 AM
Bitcoin Gold is a fork of bitcoin just like Bitcoin Cash. one of the notable changes is that they have changed algorithm to equihash which makes it asic resistance and its a memory intensive algorithm. The idea is to bring back GPU mining plus some other changes.

Which didn't make it diving resistant  Grin
Pages:
Jump to: