Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Gold (BTG) - page 13. (Read 104146 times)

copper member
Activity: 125
Merit: 15
February 10, 2018, 11:47:25 AM
! i don't have right now all this space free on my hard drive Sad
is it possible in some other way?

I'm afraid you're gonna have to either delete some stuff to make room, either use a web wallet (it takes care of keeping a copy of the blockchain synced for you).

If anything, you can always buy a cheap USB key and tell the wallet to store the blockchain on it.

thanks for your help. How can i use a web wallet? I've heard about coinomi. Can i use it? what i have to do?

Don't know about coinomi but bear in mind that any exchange that supports BTG is pretty much always offering a BTG web wallet.

So Bittrex, Cryptopia... any exchange that offers BTG trading can be used as a web wallet for BTG (restrictions may apply, such as mining directly to the wallet and whatnot).
Activity: 1666
Merit: 565
February 10, 2018, 08:04:11 AM

I'm afraid you're gonna have to either delete some stuff to make room, either use a web wallet (it takes care of keeping a copy of the blockchain synced for you).

If anything, you can always buy a cheap USB key and tell the wallet to store the blockchain on it.

thanks for your help. How can i use a web wallet? I've heard about coinomi. Can i use it? what i have to do?
Activity: 98
Merit: 5
February 10, 2018, 05:19:30 AM
What is up with the Coinone exchange? At the moment they are selling Bitcoin Gold at $368 dollars when the average price is $141.

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin-gold/#markets

copper member
February 09, 2018, 11:52:04 AM

February 09, 2018, 10:28:55 AM
I have my private keys / seed from electrum. Can someone tell me what is easiest way to claim my btg?

Thanks!

You could do the following:

0. Make sure all your bitcoins and bitcoin cash is GONE from that address (a security best practice)

1. download the official BTG Core wallet from https://bitcoingold.org/downloads/ (make sure all keys of your download match).

2. Run it and synchronize it with the network (it may take from a couple of days to a couple of weeks)

3. Import your private key as you would do in bitcoin core (importprivkey command from the console)

4. You can now send it to your destination address and deinstall the core. Save the wallet.dat for security reasons (Satoshi recommended NEVER to delete your wallets)

That method has cons and pros. Pros - it is farely safe and secure as you don't compromise your private keys to any other party. Cons - it takes long to synchronize.

thanks for your answers! This seems pretty easy to do, i have just a question: how many gb i have to download to sync the wallet?

Currently I don't have BTG synchronized, but I would bet it is the same size (maybe a little smaller) as BTC or BCH and I have them both. Let me check and I will be back with the answer in a moment. I will edit this post to put it here. In the meantime, if you find my answer helpful, I won't mind a merit or two, they are very hard to come by these days Smiley

EDIT: all right, I am back with the info. BTC is 166Gb, BCH is 144Gb.
I must add I forgot that when I started synchronizing BCH I stopped synchronizing BTC, so the data for BTC is 3 weeks old. The BCH is the current data.

I would expect BTG to be smaller than the other two. Maybe 120 Gb? (just an educated guess, though)

mmm this can be a problem! i don't have right now all this space free on my hard drive Sad
Activity: 392
Merit: 105
Vena.Network
February 09, 2018, 04:18:40 AM
I dont know what is going on with this coin. Really. Did it make mining great again? I cant see too many miners in bitcoingold. Maybe because the price is not that great?
Activity: 196
Merit: 102
February 09, 2018, 04:15:43 AM
If you used exodus wallet they have made it so you do not have to access your private keys. Its quick and a very nice setup.
legendary
Activity: 3920
Merit: 1248
Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com
February 09, 2018, 04:13:32 AM
Check to see if your Bitcoin address qualifies for free BTG: https://freebitcoins.com/clamchecker/dig/
Merit: 23
Large scale, green crypto mining ICO
February 09, 2018, 04:03:24 AM
I have my private keys / seed from electrum. Can someone tell me what is easiest way to claim my btg?

Thanks!

0. Make sure all your bitcoins and bitcoin cash is GONE from that address (a security best practice)

1. download the official BTG Core wallet from https://bitcoingold.org/downloads/ (make sure all keys of your download match).

2. Run it and synchronize it with the network (it may take from a couple of days to a couple of weeks)

3. Import your private key as you would do in bitcoin core (importprivkey command from the console)

4. You can now send it to your destination address and deinstall the core. Save the wallet.dat for security reasons (Satoshi recommended NEVER to delete your wallets)

That method has cons and pros. Pros - it is farely safe and secure as you don't compromise your private keys to any other party. Cons - it takes long to synchronize.

thanks for your answers! This seems pretty easy to do, i have just a question: how many gb i have to download to sync the wallet?

Currently I don't have BTG synchronized, but I would bet it is the same size (maybe a little smaller) as BTC or BCH and I have them both. Let me check and I will be back with the answer in a moment. I will edit this post to put it here. In the meantime, if you find my answer helpful, I won't mind a merit or two, they are very hard to come by these days Smiley

EDIT: all right, I am back with the info. BTC is 166Gb, BCH is 144Gb.
I must add I forgot that when I started synchronizing BCH I stopped synchronizing BTC, so the data for BTC is 3 weeks old. The BCH is the current data.

I would expect BTG to be smaller than the other two. Maybe 120 Gb? (just an educated guess, though)
Activity: 969
Merit: 683
___________/\_______
February 08, 2018, 10:23:11 AM
I wonder how  the hell this humble  fork did  dare to exploit the name of bitcoin? This setup looks as plot of either greedy people or scoundrels  who want to kill bitcoin. But they bite the hand that feeds them. Real pain for cryptocommunity.
February 08, 2018, 09:07:59 AM

Thanks!

Activity: 315
Merit: 10
February 08, 2018, 05:56:39 AM
Study the article it may definitely help. >>>> https://www.tradingview.com/symbols/BTGUSD/
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
February 08, 2018, 05:30:23 AM
There was a small wave of bitcoin gold growth above $ 260. The price was over $ 270, but could not stay above $ 275. Later, a new wave of recession was launched, and the price moved below the support at $ 260 and $ 250. The price is testing the support level at $ 240 and is struggling to stay above this level. Technically, there is an uplink with support for $ 240 on the 1st BTG / USD chart. Analysts claim that any recovery of btg from the current levels, will face a strong barrier at $ 254. But it's a still nice level from my point of view, it doesn't look like btg is dead
Merit: 23
Large scale, green crypto mining ICO
February 08, 2018, 03:57:52 AM

Thanks!

copper member
February 07, 2018, 06:39:59 PM
A lot of coins would LOVE to be as dead as BTG is.
February 07, 2018, 12:57:35 PM
well, btg has claimed death a lot of time in the past. I don't think we can know for sure yet..
Activity: 266
Merit: 100
February 07, 2018, 10:21:54 AM
I believe the coin is dead. Look what happened when they started mainnet and opened mining. Their Slack was boiling because of chain split.

February 07, 2018, 09:45:30 AM

Thanks!

i'm sorry to quote my self, but there is no one that can help me? maybe there is some guide somewhere?
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
February 06, 2018, 10:41:40 AM

I really disappointed in BTG. I had some money in it and to see it drop in value like that is insane. I never knew it will get so long. I should have waited. I was comparing this lousy coin to Bitcoin Cash. Wow, that was big mistake. It might go back up or might now, but I tell one thing that will be the last fork I invest in.

I wonder whether there is a single fork of BTC on earth that went higher on market cap then the coin it came from.
Activity: 238
Merit: 7
February 06, 2018, 10:18:11 AM
My opinion about BTG is quite skeptical. Of course it may not like many, but still I think that all the forks of bitcoin are by and large not needed. They do not do anything new, of course, maybe they were temporarily popular, while they were faster than bitcoin, but now, as everyone knows, bitcoin integrates lightning into the network. And now what? It remains only the mining. But in fact

Forks of bitcoin are money grab, get rich quick schemes by the devs. Especially United Bitcoin which basically stole everyone's coin with their very rigid qualification rules. Most are crap and should go away.

Forks are like that seem only first one was legit I mean on bitcoin cash. Everything else is just for scamming others dont believe that we will see anything else from upcoming fork from bitcoin and some that are announced for ethereum as well. It will be more hit and run for me cuz not many will be on some exchanges.

I really disappointed in BTG. I had some money in it and to see it drop in value like that is insane. I never knew it will get so long. I should have waited. I was comparing this lousy coin to Bitcoin Cash. Wow, that was big mistake. It might go back up or might now, but I tell one thing that will be the last fork I invest in.
Pages:
Jump to: