Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Gold (BTG) - page 17. (Read 104146 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
January 17, 2018, 11:07:11 AM

well there was an active and powerful organization behind BCH and that is what was (and still is) driving its price.

With BTG there is nothing like that, the devs were even struggling to even go live with their product.

So I think that while you can safely assume BCH price will go up in par with bitcoin, then it is best to exchange your BTG to something else. But it is my thinking only Smiley

There is no safe Harbour for no coin these days. BCH included (to my joy).

On top of that -as I said many times before- it was a clear danger having Korean exchanges as the predominant ones for BTG (for any kind of coin I guess it is clear by now). Doomsday has come.

ETH, XRP, BCH, BTG and many Others fell down at the sheer notice that Korean exchanges were required to comply to KYC requirements. Guess why?
Also BTC fell, albeit to a lesser extent up to now.

At writing time...
XRP -33.72% (hooray)
BTG --29.77% (I told you BTG devs)
ETH -26.98% (failure to break over 1.400USD consistently)
BCH -26.65% (joy)
BTC -19,16% (I'm still well above stop loss triggering)

For BTG: 18, 26 and 58 day support lines are in negative slope. I won't even feel like talking about the FIB Retracements which show an almighty punishment since the low of 12-10 of 2017.
Activity: 105
Merit: 10
January 17, 2018, 10:22:15 AM
This current move is great. I don't know much about BTG I just
inherited coins at the fork, so I don't know yet what is driving them
Current rise in price.

Unlike what I did with the previous bitcoin fork coins, selling BCH
at $950 I will be holding as BTG gains popularity.

well there was an active and powerful organization behind BCH and that is what was (and still is) driving its price.

With BTG there is nothing like that, the devs were even struggling to even go live with their product.

So I think that while you can safely assume BCH price will go up in par with bitcoin, then it is best to exchange your BTG to something else. But it is my thinking only Smiley
January 15, 2018, 08:44:21 PM
Has fallen to 274 dollars and continues to fall, as well as all coins. We must assume that it will continue to fall. Up to 240?

Long period support (79 days) is at about 218USD. Medium period Support (20 days) is at 202USD.
Prices are well below Ichimoku Cloud. RSI is below 50% and descending.
https://www.tradingview.com/x/TYH8Wczf/

The general drop is dealing with that
https://www.coindesk.com/south-korean-cryptocurrency-investors-face-fines-for-anonymous-accounts/
All the 20 major cryptos are losing but NEO (Chinese ETH) and Monero (Anonymous coin). Put the pieces together. It is NOT difficult, believe me.

Other ludicrous news are that with the BTG/KRW trading pair Bithumb + Upbit + Coinone + Korbit hold at present time 83.41% of the BTG market volume.
None of these exchanges is (wisely enough) being computed by Coinmarketcap for determining avg price (reason already been said).

Merit: 251
DIW - Security Decentralized,Life Revolutionized
January 15, 2018, 04:07:39 PM
Has fallen to 274 dollars and continues to fall, as well as all coins. We must assume that it will continue to fall. Up to 240?
Activity: 280
Merit: 102
The revolutionary trading ecosystem
January 15, 2018, 03:20:29 PM

Good to know there is active development, I was worried they would dump all coins and leave this chain alone. Gotta get rid of the few BTG I have, knowing there is development I wait for greener pastures then. Not gonna get rid of it at $300 when in this alt run could be $600 tomorrow Cheesy.
Activity: 114
Merit: 12
January 14, 2018, 10:28:23 PM
Unlike bitcoin cash hard fork which was directly from the block chain bitcoin gold will be using GPU and an entirly new algorithm then what bitcoin currently uses. But BTG in terms of the currency it looks pretty dead and wont show very much support in the long run.

Don't believe this man. It's nothing but an altcoin that can be mined by using GPU. That's it, then there is nothing makes it special. It's not bitcoin, it's just a regular altcoin. There are already lots of similar ones on the market.

Bitcoin gold is an alt coin. It's mineable and another speculative vehicle like Bitcoin.
I think bitcoin gold is part of dragon slayer black propaganda but get busted because of whistle blower. It is indeed a pump and dump coin, you will get profit from it if you know the trend.
Activity: 126
Merit: 0
January 14, 2018, 12:30:46 PM
Unlike bitcoin cash hard fork which was directly from the block chain bitcoin gold will be using GPU and an entirly new algorithm then what bitcoin currently uses. But BTG in terms of the currency it looks pretty dead and wont show very much support in the long run.

Don't believe this man. It's nothing but an altcoin that can be mined by using GPU. That's it, then there is nothing makes it special. It's not bitcoin, it's just a regular altcoin. There are already lots of similar ones on the market.

Bitcoin gold is an alt coin. It's mineable and another speculative vehicle like Bitcoin.
January 14, 2018, 10:24:00 AM
well, BTG is very promising coin actually. Now btg price is 295$+ About BTG my prediction is it will reach 500$ very soon and it will be boom. So you can hold with BTG. If you can hold BTG for log time then you must get profit from them.

On which data are you basing your prediction? Just asking.
Activity: 198
Merit: 100
January 14, 2018, 09:41:00 AM
Is this altcoin in the marketcap? I think the best wallet to hold that altcoin is Ether wallet.
Activity: 364
January 14, 2018, 09:25:00 AM
well, BTG is very promising coin actually. Now btg price is 295$+ About BTG my prediction is it will reach 500$ very soon and it will be boom. So you can hold with BTG. If you can hold BTG for log time then you must get profit from them.
January 14, 2018, 09:19:33 AM
It has indeed. As I said before. Not anytime soon in current implementation.

Yesterday scored a notable volume and today tried to eye the 400USD, but currently is loosing a lot and facing the chance of goin below Ichimoku cloud. RSI is also getting back in the fifties land. Pump and dump, that is.
https://www.tradingview.com/x/7l3QX3Y1/

And soon after posting that a pump on the same exchange.
Proof been obtained  Grin
Pump and dump Roll Eyes
January 14, 2018, 09:14:31 AM
I do not understand why there are such hardfork split. is BTC too expensive and everyone wants a similar coin at a cheaper price ?.
after BCC / BCH  Cool now BTG will be present and everyone wants it for free. Even the advertising strategy of Bitcoingold is not good. Bitcoincash didn't asked anything from the user and just presented their principle and roadmap to implement. But on the other hand Bitcoingold is advertising as if they are the next big thing.

BCH hardfork was a mining inspired felony.
BTG is currently -and I'm sorry about that- a mining only coin: call it a bridge to buy other coins on the exchanges.
Activity: 252
Merit: 16
January 14, 2018, 09:00:40 AM
I do not understand why there are such hardfork split. is BTC too expensive and everyone wants a similar coin at a cheaper price ?.
after BCC / BCH  Cool now BTG will be present and everyone wants it for free. Even the advertising strategy of Bitcoingold is not good. Bitcoincash didn't asked anything from the user and just presented their principle and roadmap to implement. But on the other hand Bitcoingold is advertising as if they are the next big thing.
January 14, 2018, 08:54:01 AM
As traders, i dont care about technology in BTG, i care about the price more. And BTG have perform great in price yesterday, more than 50% grow up and it show that BTG always have a chance to grow more in the future.

It has indeed. As I said before. Not anytime soon in current implementation.

Yesterday scored a notable volume and today tried to eye the 400USD, but currently is loosing a lot and facing the chance of goin below Ichimoku cloud. RSI is also getting back in the fifty land. Pump and dump, that is.
https://www.tradingview.com/x/7l3QX3Y1/
January 14, 2018, 08:45:16 AM

Korean volume is far-fetched so your hypothesis is incorrect.

BTG next target 0.04 BTC

have you got their IP logs? Anyway not so far fetched. Just from a little bit norther  Grin

BTG next target 0.04? Easily feasible on pumping South Korean exchanges. Oddly for you no market indicator is endorsing that.

Once again: your posts are useless and undocumented.
Steer away from here.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1268
January 14, 2018, 07:41:01 AM
This current move is great. I don't know much about BTG I just
inherited coins at the fork, so I don't know yet what is driving them
Current rise in price.

Unlike what I did with the previous bitcoin fork coins, selling BCH
at $950 I will be holding as BTG gains popularity.
January 14, 2018, 02:41:13 AM
As traders, i dont care about technology in BTG, i care about the price more. And BTG have perform great in price yesterday, more than 50% grow up and it show that BTG always have a chance to grow more in the future.
Activity: 91
January 14, 2018, 02:33:31 AM
This btg to me looks like pump and dump by some whales... Many loss during the last dump.... Bitcoin still remain the best..

Bitcoin devs have to add something: Lightning to mention just one.
Until then it will stay in the 13K-17K region as December-January trend is demonstrating.
On Dec 06 BTC reached 19.697K high with an RSI(14) at 94.56%, which was just insane. Following three days (7-8-9) were in red, with lower highs and lower lows (in the BTC prices are deadly within Ichimoku cloud, which is still green, but this is a clear flattish signal, combined with a <50% RSI(14) at writing time. All data from GDAX.

If BCH by end of tomorrow won't be >2.715USD it will play in the same flattish league.

BTG at Bitfinex -as Bittrex uses USDT and Bithumb and other exchanges have been rightly excluded from the price by Coinmarketcap, see https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin-gold/#markets - is pretty close to the flattish territory, despite the massive today's jump.
The most worrying issue yet is that Bithumb now holds >60% of volume and price is more than 70 USD greater than the 359USD computed by Coinmarketcap, as I'm writing. So, yes, techically speaking BTG own price is pumped at Bithumb (NOT by Bithumb), and insanely pumped at Coinone and Korbit (all three with BTG/KRW trading pair).
This is NOT a positive thing, to use an euphemism, and these exchanges should NOT be used as valid references for BTG value and trend altogether.
Bithumb holding >60% of BTG exchange volume is a gravestone to BTG worldwide diffusion.

Korean volume is far-fetched so your hypothesis is incorrect.

BTG next target 0.04 BTC
January 13, 2018, 08:04:55 PM

The last wallet was quite a move as I commented already https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.27680436 .
I humbly expressed some advice for BTG devs. They followed (Gitian deterministic build process, i.e.).
I never saved them from any (even utterly sarcastic) comment, so, anyone here is free to not agree, but should also feel like being invited to propose as well.
Pages:
Jump to: