Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Gold (BTG) - page 23. (Read 104147 times)

Activity: 260
Merit: 250
December 21, 2017, 10:06:26 PM
Hello BTG-ers,

I'm running bitcoin gold Qt, version 0.15.0.1 on a Windows 10 unit, and when I do the 'generate xxx yyy' command, I see the usage go up, so I presume I'm mining!  But I can't seem to get any RPC command after that to work?  In the Qt version, the next command(s) are accepted and echoed in green, but there is no other output, when there should be.  For example getblockcount, etc.  I can't even do the 'stop' command.  I have to kill the process in Windows task manager!  

Also, I find the description and help on the generate command quite ambiguous.  What does the first argument 'number of blocks to mine' actually mean?  Is there an implied meaning of using the command 'generate 0' to stop the mining?  And what does the 'number of tries' second argument mean, and how should it be used?  Does it mean the miner code tries 'yyy' times (as above) and then returns, checking for a new block, stop mining, shutdown, etc.?  Looking at the code in .../src/rpc/mining.cpp => UniValue generateBlocks(...) it is hard to figure out what maxtries does to the code when it reaches 0.  

How should generateBlocks(...) actually work, and what is a good maxtries value for a 'normal' CPU?

Also, and this is a complaint the BTG shares with BCH (!!) can you guys please replace every occurrence of BTC with BTG especially in the help messages, menus, screens etc.  It is really disconcerting when one is importing one's keys, etc. (LOL)

Ron
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
December 21, 2017, 10:05:39 PM
afaik XAPO accepts BTG
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1024
December 21, 2017, 09:45:28 PM

Thanks, but I am looking for a desktop wallet. Why are there no decent alternative desktop wallets for BTG, why so much focus on mobile phones?

Dunno. Go Trezor or Ledger.

Hey, that's not a bad idea actually. Yeah, I might get one. Thanks. Smiley

Do you have one of those too?

I have both. Prefer Trezor over Ledger.
Activity: 97
Merit: 10
December 21, 2017, 07:45:35 PM
Hi Everyone,

Can somebody have me oriented about this bitcoin gold. I have not yet encountered this one yet. What is the difference between bitcoin and with gold.
What comes into my mind when saying its Gold I think it is an updated version of BTC its like having and insurance upgraded into a premium one. But does this really exist? (Bitcoin Gold)

Many thanks
Activity: 454
Merit: 251
December 21, 2017, 07:35:11 PM
Which are the features of Bitcoin Gold that in the eyes of the creators make it better than Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash?

It's really just an elaborate cash grab masquerading as a real community and network. The developer pre-mine after the snapshot was taken should make that clear enough.

Supposedly replacing SHA-256 with Equihash -- a less ASIC-friendly POW algorithm -- would "decentralize mining" compared to Bitcoin or Bitcoin Cash. I'm skeptical. If there is sufficient demand, I believe that ASICs will be researched and developed to mine Equihash coins.
Activity: 229
Merit: 100
December 21, 2017, 07:26:56 PM
Which are the features of Bitcoin Gold that in the eyes of the creators make it better than Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash?
Activity: 196
Merit: 17
EFFECT.AI▲Decentralized network for A.I
December 21, 2017, 04:35:53 PM

Thanks, but I am looking for a desktop wallet. Why are there no decent alternative desktop wallets for BTG, why so much focus on mobile phones?

Hey, that's not a bad idea actually. Yeah, I might get one. Thanks. Smiley

Do you have one of those too?
Activity: 10
Merit: 1
December 21, 2017, 03:17:28 PM
I'm running Bitcoin Gold 15.0.1-db7b378 (64-bit) which I downloaded from https://bitcoingold.org/downloads/

I sent a transaction last night, it's been over 12 hours but my wallet still shows the transaction as

"Offline, has not been successfully broadcast yet"

and a search of the address I sent to and the transaction hash on https://btgexp.com both tell me "Search found no results"

Anyone got any suggestions?
legendary
Activity: 968
Merit: 1000
einc.io
December 21, 2017, 12:08:31 PM
I got this coin for free on the Yobit and immediately wanted to sell it. But I was very busy and did not do it. Recently I checked the price and was pleasantly surprised. I did not expect it could become so valuable. Now I decide to keep it for long-term...
Activity: 167
Merit: 59
December 21, 2017, 11:17:01 AM
Why are pople getting involved with btc gold and whats the advantages of buying it ?
Activity: 266
December 21, 2017, 11:14:52 AM

December 21, 2017, 10:44:05 AM
Is there a safe Bitcoin Gold wallet yet? I am not looking forward to installing the BTG Core Wallet and downloading the whole blockchain.

Bitpie. It is closed source though.

Activity: 192
December 21, 2017, 09:48:50 AM
Is there a safe Bitcoin Gold wallet yet? I am not looking forward to installing the BTG Core Wallet and downloading the whole blockchain.
i think the BTG wallet has not launched yet, otherwise exchange will open withdraw and deposit, now we can only put our coins on exchange
Activity: 568
Merit: 254
December 21, 2017, 09:02:04 AM
Hello,

Does anybody know which wallets plan to support the Bitcoin Gold (BTG) friendly fork on October 1st? And what, if anything, should be done by the user?
If you want to get bitcoin fork, better buy hardware wallet. This kind of wallet usually support bitcoin fork and is safer wallet for your bitcoin holdings. It also holds other altcoins such as Ethereum, Litecoin and so much more.
Activity: 266
December 21, 2017, 08:50:42 AM

Bitpie. It is closed source though.
December 21, 2017, 08:29:26 AM
Activity: 658
Merit: 13
December 20, 2017, 09:04:19 PM
that the forks of bitcoin are rising, is it possible that the wave will reach the recent ones too? Huh Huh Huh
Activity: 174
December 20, 2017, 08:56:21 PM
due to the decrepitude of BTG blockchain, and the lack of security of BTG wallet (malware included apparently in the binaries)

BitFlyer has still not decided to credit BTG to BTC holders...

this whole project sucks

They are just out right stealing BTGs there is no excuse for not crediting people's account.

Policy on Bitcoin Gold-related chain split in Bitcoin blockchain
(Revised on December 1)
A chain split (“split”) related to Bitcoin Gold (BTG) occurred on October 24, 2017. Our
response to the chain split is as follows.
・ We will credit you with an amount of BTG corresponding to the amount of Bitcoin
(BTC) in your bitFlyer account prior to the split.2 If we deem the BTG split to be a
permanent and secure customer asset as well as of solid legality and compliance,
then bitFlyer accounts will support both BTC and BTG.
・ Services allowing users to buy, sell, deposit, and send BTG are planned for release.
We plan to implement the procedures described above. However, due to security issues
such as the inclusion of malware in the BTG wallet software’s distributed binary, BTG
has not yet been distributed to customer accounts and we are carefully examining the
issue. If we deem the BTG split to be a permanent and secure customer asset as well as
of solid legality and compliance, then bitFlyer accounts will support both BTC and
BTG. Services allowing users to buy, sell, deposit, and send BTG are planned for
release at that time.
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
December 20, 2017, 08:40:41 PM
BTG has a nice value. It was a joke at the beginning, maybe it will develop in something fairly good.
But I will be careful about it.
Pages:
Jump to: