Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Gold (BTG) - page 48. (Read 104204 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
November 24, 2017, 09:35:46 PM

Good one. But joke aside, this table does imply that BitCore is the best version of Bitcoin right? Thats the one that is trading at around 30USD now and was airdropped in some sort to holders or bitcointalk forum members if I remember correctly. What makes this fork superior? The different mining algorhytm or the blocksize?

If you held btc on nov 2 you can get btx 1:0.5, so 100 bitcoin would give you 50 bitcore.
If you register your bitcore address by signing a message (the one that holds your balance) on bitcore.cc you will get 3% of your btx balance on monday's.

In december this will move to 4% of your btx balance, until the rest of the coins are totally distributed amongst the holders. It has never been airdropped like for free no.
So you either get your btx from the bitcoin snapshot, from mining btx (same rewards as bitcoin) or from buying, and then you can opt for weekly airdrop if you register your address.

They have created their own algorithm (time travel/ asic resistant) , btx scales better, huge number of tx possible, and fastest out there.
Hitbtc will be the first exchange to distribute bitcore to their users soon.

Thanks for this clarifications, appreciate it. So what is your stand on this? Is it better than BTC? I mean there are a lot of cryptos that scale better than BTC, but they wont overcome it eighter. So why should BitCore?
Activity: 136
Merit: 10
November 24, 2017, 07:46:25 PM
but I see BTG is already listing in etherdelta, then why you need a wallet again. why do not you sell this time only if you are afraid of trouble in the coin.
Activity: 392
Merit: 254
November 24, 2017, 07:37:12 PM
I have sold my BTG just few hours ago on $410 and I already regret that decision, I guess I've got too exciting.
Should I buy it back till the price is aroung $400, or maybe wait a day or two?
What would you do if you were me? I don't wanna miss a great chance here!

How did you recover your BTG? Did you have a "3" address from Electrum?

I think you can't split coins from a segwit address. not easily at least

....yeah and do you know how I go about doing this?

i don't know but a bunch of people are having the same problem, same with multisig addresses

I just imported my private key into a new electrum wallet and now I have a "1" address... however, when I try to locate this "1" address on a bitcoin gold explorer, I don't see the BTG balance. However, when I go back and view my previous address that began with a "3", I can see the BTG balance... not sure what I do....

Same issues here. Seems the devs arent interested. Coin is destined to fail.

doesnt bcash have the same issue?

Yes. Does that make it acceptable?

no. it makes it normal
Activity: 115
November 24, 2017, 07:35:00 PM
At least it does not have a completely stolen infrastructure like Bitcoin Cash. I think Bitcoin Gold has a more original structure than Bitcoin Cash. But I also can not trust the team of Bitcoin Gold.

Where are they? Why they ignore the people who made them rich
November 24, 2017, 07:34:20 PM
I have sold my BTG just few hours ago on $410 and I already regret that decision, I guess I've got too exciting.

i don't know but a bunch of people are having the same problem, same with multisig addresses

I just imported my private key into a new electrum wallet and now I have a "1" address... however, when I try to locate this "1" address on a bitcoin gold explorer, I don't see the BTG balance. However, when I go back and view my previous address that began with a "3", I can see the BTG balance... not sure what I do....

Yes. Does that make it acceptable?
Activity: 560
Merit: 253
November 24, 2017, 07:04:20 PM
I almost bought 10 BTG when it was $130, decided to wait until the next day and the value had doubled. Man, I seem to have bad timing a lot!
Activity: 454
Merit: 300
November 24, 2017, 07:03:58 PM
At least it does not have a completely stolen infrastructure like Bitcoin Cash. I think Bitcoin Gold has a more original structure than Bitcoin Cash. But I also can not trust the team of Bitcoin Gold.
November 24, 2017, 07:02:41 PM

November 24, 2017, 07:01:58 PM

November 24, 2017, 07:01:05 PM
OK devs, Ive seen this asked a few times now with no response from yourselves. You aren't exactly inspiring much confidence.

Your community is unable to use electrum addresses beginning with 3 to sweep or import as bitcoin gold. Can you please advise. As developers this is your responsibility. 
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
November 24, 2017, 06:10:00 PM

November 24, 2017, 05:54:14 PM

November 24, 2017, 05:49:43 PM

Activity: 140
Highest ROI crypto infrastructure
November 24, 2017, 05:49:07 PM
I feel you, but I also feel an old feeling from last december, when I was happy to sell my BTC for $900, 'cause back then I had 150% profit, but look where BTC is today. And somehow I have the same feeling about BTG now.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1343
November 24, 2017, 05:47:21 PM

I have said it already on this thread that i was holding for the medium
to long term because nobody knows how BTG will be adopted regardless
of its features, positives and negatives. Take bitcoin cash as an example!
Activity: 422
Merit: 250
November 24, 2017, 05:39:19 PM

Why do you already regret selling it at $410? As far as I can see it is still under $400 therefore if you got more than that for it, you should be happy. Stop complaining, lol.
November 24, 2017, 05:37:07 PM

November 24, 2017, 05:34:18 PM
I have bought my BTG on bittrex when the price was $270, I did not receive it, cause I didn't have any bitcoin the time they distributed it.
November 24, 2017, 05:30:46 PM

November 24, 2017, 05:28:21 PM
Pages:
Jump to: