Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin halving to be canceled? - page 11. (Read 33718 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
June 02, 2016, 03:27:22 AM
i support Halving

buy and sell blade and soul gold we accept bitcoins
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
June 02, 2016, 02:36:32 AM
LOL this news a prank only, this wont happen. their are a exact date when bitcoin halving comes, This wont happen believe in me
yeah, bitcoin halving is already set, im looking forward for the big profit i will earn.
this is the result of waiting = profit!
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
June 02, 2016, 12:31:19 AM
LOL this news a prank only, this wont happen. their are a exact date when bitcoin halving comes, This wont happen believe in me
Activity: 2072
Merit: 503
June 01, 2016, 11:30:05 AM
I guess that will not happen, because in my opinion, need to be halving in bitcoin prices remain high. maybe it was canceled, but one point would occur and we do not know when it will happen. so we can only prepare
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
June 01, 2016, 10:48:39 AM
Bitcoin halving will be not canceled but the most people are just hoping that the value of the Bitcoin will be more worth and that is not that easy to earn profit.
And it can takes a long time when the value will be higher and it is not going to rise that fast so you need patience for it.

I agree Bitcoin halving cannot be canceled unless the whole bitcoin community agrees for an edit to the bitcoin source code that we all use. Then we all have to start using a new or updated bitcoin wallet. This will not happen...
Activity: 370
Forza Italia
June 01, 2016, 10:29:24 AM
Bitcoin halving will be not canceled but the most people are just hoping that the value of the Bitcoin will be more worth and that is not that easy to earn profit.
And it can takes a long time when the value will be higher and it is not going to rise that fast so you need patience for it.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005
April 21, 2016, 02:16:57 PM
I don't see how it could be canceled since it is at the roots of Bitcoin. If I remember well, I saw someone saying that it will come earlier than excepted because of the rush for the hashpower. I don't know if it is true, but that's the only thing that can happen.

Once must understand that halving is an essential part of the Bitcoin protocol, aimed at approximating the natural increase in scarcity, observed in other money systems, like gold, Bitcoin is not about miners, it's about the ecosystem. You need bitcoins, go and ask for your salary being paid in them, or buy them.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
April 21, 2016, 02:00:36 PM
If the halving is going to be canceled that means that the prices will stay the same. This is a good thing for the people that want to sell their coins but for the people who want to buy coins this is not so good news they will now have to spend more money.

If the halving don't take place, we will experience the gradual increase in price with periodic fluctuations as well stability in the price. This won't affect the seller and buyer in any term.

If Bitcoin system are going to cancel the block reward halving, then I am going to dump my coins and exit the Bitcoin sector. If they change the fundamentals every now and then, what is the difference between Bitcoin and a fiat currency such as the USD, Already we are having more than enough issues with the block size.
Activity: 2310
Merit: 532
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
April 21, 2016, 01:53:31 PM
If the halving is going to be canceled that means that the prices will stay the same. This is a good thing for the people that want to sell their coins but for the people who want to buy coins this is not so good news they will now have to spend more money.

If the halving don't take place, we will experience the gradual increase in price with periodic fluctuations as well stability in the price. This won't affect the seller and buyer in any term.
Activity: 308
The mind is everything. What you think you become.
April 21, 2016, 01:30:17 PM
There was much hype about the Fed raising interest rates in 2015, but we are still there, at the lowest possible level (wtf, it is even no longer the lowest possible limit). Bitcoin halving in July, 2016, is talked about as much, but will it really happen?

I ain't sure
lest throw back when people have a dream about openbazaar,and they talk too much about it,and now its really happen,that  mean bitcoin havling for the next project of bitcoin will happen,i'm sure.
Activity: 756
Merit: 502
April 21, 2016, 07:06:56 AM
I don't see how it could be canceled since it is at the roots of Bitcoin. If I remember well, I saw someone saying that it will come earlier than excepted because of the rush for the hashpower. I don't know if it is true, but that's the only thing that can happen.
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1106
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
April 21, 2016, 06:07:56 AM
Halving is going to come. Not preventable.. like WW III
Yeah for sure it is going to happen, this is already programmed,  bitcoin holders, big merchants and traders are eagerly waiting for halving to come. Halving is coming means great profit is coming.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481
April 21, 2016, 06:01:08 AM
Halving is going to come. Not preventable.. like WW III
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
April 21, 2016, 01:54:23 AM
The halving every 4 years is programmed in the protocol. It's widely accepted by the community. This will not be changed unless agreed by the community. It will happen for sure.

If community will start voting for cancel of halving i will kill myself really  Grin
Only miners will vote for this cause they will lose a lot but miners is ~30% of bitcoin users for sure so they will lose anyway.

Ordinary users and holders of Bitcoin are deprived of the right of voting. No democracy here, no right to choose and no right to be chosen there...

But they can always sell (burn) their stash and walk away
Activity: 434
Merit: 251
April 20, 2016, 07:21:12 PM
The halving every 4 years is programmed in the protocol. It's widely accepted by the community. This will not be changed unless agreed by the community. It will happen for sure.

If community will start voting for cancel of halving i will kill myself really  Grin
Only miners will vote for this cause they will lose a lot but miners is ~30% of bitcoin users for sure so they will lose anyway.
Activity: 490
April 20, 2016, 11:05:32 AM
Activity: 2632
Merit: 787
Jack of all trades 💯
April 20, 2016, 10:25:34 AM

Halving will not be cancelled because it is the happenings or event on bitcoin can make him go to high price as you can see the past halving it is not cancelled. So the people will surely earn by that So let save our bitcoin to our wallet halving is coming. Money is coming.
Activity: 336
April 20, 2016, 09:57:29 AM
Activity: 364
April 19, 2016, 09:46:29 AM
The halving will be not canceled but the price will just now rise after the halving and that can be bad because there are a lot of people that wants to make profit with Bitcoin.
Bitcoin is just a currency and the bad thing is that you never know what there will happen with the value of Bitcoin.
Activity: 460
Merit: 254
April 19, 2016, 06:02:10 AM
What you say essentially boils down to saying that increasing block size limits would cause per se more transactions per day, right? That would be true only if the size limits restricted the volume of transactions processed, i.e. if the total majority of the blocks were full and there was constant congestion with thrown away transactions, which is surely not the case right now...

Thereby, just increasing the block size limit shouldn't affect the number of transactions in any significant degree, since it is not a limiting factor at present

The higher block size limit will encourage people to have more transactions and to use bitcoin more.

How's that? Care to explain?

well it's clear, blocks are not full know not because we have still a big margin, but because many know that massive usage would lead the block to be full, so they decide to do less transaction per day

the simple thing of the limit is limiting the usage per day

So people are refraining from transacting in Bitcoin (read using it) because of the block size limit? Okay then, but in this case (which is doubtful, if not suspicious), it means that the devs can't do a thing (i.e. they are impotent and powerless)...

Or that they are just saboteurs

the dev are already doing something good for this, segwit plus hard fork to 2mb in 2017 , progress are there but they are just too slow for my taste...

That is right. If they can reverse the order of the 2MB and segwit, there is no need for Class to exist.
Pages:
Jump to: