Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin halving to be canceled? - page 4. (Read 33718 times)

legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083
July 07, 2016, 02:38:29 AM
Definitely not. Halving is a scheduled event that will happen every 210k blocks. There is no way to stopping it unless a majority decides to a hard fork, which is not happening.

What makes you think that anyone would cancel BTC halving?

The question is just out of this world. I dont think it was well thought before clicking the post button. Well it did took many pages but I hope the OP got the right answer.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
GATCOIN : The New Currency Of Digital Marketing
July 07, 2016, 01:08:01 AM
Definitely not. Halving is a scheduled event that will happen every 210k blocks. There is no way to stopping it unless a majority decides to a hard fork, which is not happening.

What makes you think that anyone would cancel BTC halving?
Activity: 593
Merit: 505
Wherever I may roam
July 07, 2016, 12:51:10 AM
Halving is inevitable and no one can stop it from happening. I only believe that the only person could do such a thing was satoshi nakamoto and not just somebody in the bitcoin, block stream industry. Since nakamoto is unknown and haven't made some steps to stop or cancel the halving the the possibility is ruled out of the picture. Halving will continue to happen as expected on the stated schedule.

Xester, you should study more how Bitcoin works. Although his/their opinion would be taken in great account, even Satoshi cannot arbitrarily change the code. Anybody can propose a modification in the code and submit a new version of it. But in the end, it must be adopted by the majority of miners, or it would simply remain a proposal
Wherever I may roam
July 07, 2016, 12:44:22 AM
I'm a little surprised that the price hasn't moved much in the last 2 days since the halving is almost here. I guess people are waiting until after it happens to make a move to buy or sell.

The price has already moved from 450 USD (few weeks ago) to 670 USD (after having reached almost 770 USD). It is absolutely possible that the halving speculations were already in that price movements. Although that's just speculation. The real economic effect of the reduced production of new bitcoins will only be seen in the next weeks and months.
Activity: 364
Merit: 254
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
July 06, 2016, 08:53:12 PM
I'm a little surprised that the price hasn't moved much in the last 2 days since the halving is almost here. I guess people are waiting until after it happens to make a move to buy or sell.
Activity: 994
Merit: 544
July 06, 2016, 08:14:38 PM
Halving is inevitable and no one can stop it from happening. I only believe that the only person could do such a thing was satoshi nakamoto and not just somebody in the bitcoin, block stream industry. Since nakamoto is unknown and haven't made some steps to stop or cancel the halving the the possibility is ruled out of the picture. Halving will continue to happen as expected on the stated schedule.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
July 06, 2016, 07:50:56 PM
2 days till halving will come and it's still not canceled, i am sure that it's even can't be canceled. Miners in china get a lot of money already and getting even more now, i think they will not lose money..
not a lot of time left and still no news about the halving event so i guess it surely wont be canceled i hope, in my opinion halving is not going to be canceled for sure i hope it will not happen
of course halving will not be canceled, in my opinion it will be really great because the price is going to go up
why price is not stay at 700 , for next 2 years ,
I want to buy some for low price
Activity: 394
July 06, 2016, 06:52:45 PM
2 days till halving will come and it's still not canceled, i am sure that it's even can't be canceled. Miners in china get a lot of money already and getting even more now, i think they will not lose money..
not a lot of time left and still no news about the halving event so i guess it surely wont be canceled i hope, in my opinion halving is not going to be canceled for sure i hope it will not happen
of course halving will not be canceled, in my opinion it will be really great because the price is going to go up
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145
July 06, 2016, 06:06:36 PM
and the increase now to 750 (2 year high) or the ATH to 1200 was evident yes?

you argumentation sucks donkey balls and you pretty much have no clue of nothing dude and additionaly this is just one more thread to increase the/your sig spam

Sorry, but the only place where you will find sympathy is in the dictionary between shit and syphilis, lol

Truth is like poetry.

Majority of people just fucking hate poetry.

Besides books you hate poetry too right?  Smiley
Activity: 389
July 06, 2016, 05:44:41 PM
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
July 06, 2016, 05:35:42 PM

you argumentation sucks donkey balls and you pretty much have no clue of nothing dude and additionaly this is just one more thread to increase the/your sig spam

Sorry, but the only place where you will find sympathy is in the dictionary between shit and syphilis, lol
Activity: 854
Merit: 500
July 06, 2016, 05:23:24 PM
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145
July 06, 2016, 05:13:30 PM
Mmmmmh, the problem with what you say, is that the fact that the halving is coded in the Bitcoin, it's not an opinion, is a fact. Obviously I don't pretend that you trust me. In fact you shouldn't. The beauty of Bitcoin is also that you can go on github and look for it yourself

You seem to have misunderstood me. I don't doubt that the Bitcoin halving is hard-coded. My point is that your certainty in this code immutability is way above mine. In fact, I consider any code as well as variables and constants as mutable...

That is, no matter how they are declared, private or public, mutable or constant, lol

Ok, sorry if I misunderstood! But I have in fact said that the code is NOT immutable. It's just that it wouldn't make sense for the miners to accept a change (if anybody is so dumb to ever propose that) that would destroy their source of earning, when the increase in price has already balanced the drop in reward.

But this increase wasn't evident a year ago. In fact, Bitcoin had been still spiraling down from the ATH with short-termed and small-ranged dead-cat bounces till it fell below $200 for some time

you argumentation sucks donkey balls and you pretty much have no clue of nothing dude and additionaly this is just one more thread to increase the/your sig spam.

this thread goes into the category of increasing the number of bitcoins ever generated  Roll Eyes
Activity: 350
July 06, 2016, 04:57:11 PM
No of course the halving is not gonna be cancelled the fact is even that the halving is gonna be good this year.
The halving has a good worth and I think its gonna be very profitable for us all.
legendary
July 06, 2016, 04:46:26 PM
Mmmmmh, the problem with what you say, is that the fact that the halving is coded in the Bitcoin, it's not an opinion, is a fact. Obviously I don't pretend that you trust me. In fact you shouldn't. The beauty of Bitcoin is also that you can go on github and look for it yourself

You seem to have misunderstood me. I don't doubt that the Bitcoin halving is hard-coded. My point is that your certainty in this code immutability is way above mine. In fact, I consider any code as well as variables and constants as mutable...

That is, no matter how they are declared, private or public, mutable or constant, lol

Ok, sorry if I misunderstood! But I have in fact said that the code is NOT immutable. It's just that it wouldn't make sense for the miners to accept a change (if anybody is so dumb to ever propose that) that would destroy their source of earning, when the increase in price has already balanced the drop in reward.

But this increase wasn't evident a year ago. In fact, Bitcoin had been still spiraling down from the ATH with short-termed and small-ranged dead-cat bounces till it fell below $200 for some time
Wherever I may roam
July 06, 2016, 04:41:01 PM

legendary
July 06, 2016, 04:40:44 PM
But I agree that what may seem impossible to someone, can in fact be possible!

This is not a given (that it will). And if it will, it should double (and do it fast), to offset the loss of profit by mining, right? Kinda seems like hardly possible...
Then again you seem to forget what makes Bitcoin roll

You wrote this on 22 September 2015: closing bitcoin price 230.52 USD
Price today: 673.19 USD

It has more than doubled. Therefore, even after the halving, miners will earn more than what they were earning when you opened this post!

That was one of my premises for Bitcoin halving not to be canceled, that the price should at least double to offset the losses that miners would suffer due to halving
Wherever I may roam
July 06, 2016, 04:38:31 PM
But I agree that what may seem impossible to someone, can in fact be possible!

This is not a given (that it will). And if it will, it should double (and do it fast), to offset the loss of profit by mining, right? Kinda seems like hardly possible...
Then again you seem to forget what makes Bitcoin roll

You wrote this on 22 September 2015: closing bitcoin price 230.52 USD
Price today: 673.19 USD

It has more than doubled. Therefore, even after the halving, miners will earn more than what they were earning when you opened this post!
legendary
July 06, 2016, 04:35:26 PM

You seem to have misunderstood me. I don't doubt that the Bitcoin halving is hard-coded. My point is that your certainty in this code immutability is way above mine. In fact, I consider any code as well as variables and constants therein as mutable...

That is, no matter how they are declared, private or public, mutable or constant (or as mutable constants, lol)
Activity: 448
July 06, 2016, 04:33:29 PM
Bitcoin halving cancel? its impossible  to happen because it already publish that even since 2013 we experience it and now block halving will happen again and i think no can prevent or cancel it.
yes, i think it is pretty much impossible to happen because bitcoin is just programmed in such way that it should have a halving, in my opinion its good that itt is impossible to cancel halving
Pages:
Jump to: