Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin halving to be canceled? - page 9. (Read 33718 times)

Activity: 593
Merit: 505
Wherever I may roam
June 12, 2016, 04:36:33 PM
Well I don't think that bitcoin halving will be cancelled because of two reasons.

Halving WILL NOT be canceled, just for one reason only. Because it CANNOT be canceled. It's among the fundamental principles of Bitcoin, hardcoded in the protocol. It's also one of the main reason why bitcoins have value. The predictability of the supply. No one can decide to cancel it. Only a hard fork could do it, but it wouldn't be Bitcoin anymore.

legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
June 12, 2016, 12:42:48 PM
The question was asked in 2015, and now the OP is also on the view that yes halving is going to happen and it will not be cancelled and will have a very good effect on the value of bitcoin, and if the halving cancelled then afetr that no one will trust on any news of bitcoin developers and with thet bitcoin will become weaker.
By the way halving is really happening.

I remarked that for some newbie is not going to be confused and yes halving is really happening.
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
June 12, 2016, 10:42:23 AM
i think not, stupid idea, halving will never be cancelled
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
June 12, 2016, 09:14:14 AM
With this rally i can say that bitcoin halving will definitely soon to start..
If its cancelled bitcoin goes back down again. And the party is over.
Activity: 575
Merit: 500
June 12, 2016, 09:06:01 AM
I dont find any reason that would cause halving to be cancelled. we are moving up slowly slowly so dont think negatively. everything will be fine.

yeah there is no reason that bitcoin halving will be cancelled, and the developers will not think about its cancellation as with that many people will be disappointed from bitcoin and after that they will never prepare for another halving and will not trust on that.
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
June 12, 2016, 05:44:26 AM
I dont think also that bitcoin halving event be canceled this year.It is a event hosted and prepared by developers of bitcoin and every users are waiting it for  4 years so bitcoin halving event must be launched because if that will be canceled maybe some users wil boycott bitcoin.

Since people are still posting here (and most likely will continue to do so even after the halving), it feels like I should update the opening post a little, a little later...

So that there would be no need to open a new thread with the same title after the halving is over
Activity: 1050
Merit: 681
June 12, 2016, 02:26:13 AM
I dont find any reason that would cause halving to be cancelled. we are moving up slowly slowly so dont think negatively. everything will be fine.
Activity: 210
June 12, 2016, 02:25:09 AM
Bitcoin halving wouldnt cancel cause as we see bitcoin price is so high like bitcoin halving wouldnt cancel, Bitcoin is hitting 620$ like last week its 520$, Bitcoin increases 100$ for this week
Activity: 1372
Merit: 564
June 12, 2016, 02:21:24 AM
I dont think also that bitcoin halving event be canceled this year.It is a event hosted and prepared by developers of bitcoin and every users are waiting it for  4 years so bitcoin halving event must be launched because if that will be canceled maybe some users wil boycott bitcoin.
June 10, 2016, 10:03:53 PM
Well I don't think that bitcoin halving will be cancelled because of two reasons. The first reason is that the halving has a countdown and is set to happen 4years after last halving. The second reason is that because it had a set date, it can't be cancelled because it is already happening. The slow blockchain transaction sometimes are the proof that it will not be cancelled.  Grin
Activity: 854
Merit: 500
June 07, 2016, 03:11:12 PM
I think that halving will not be canceled anyway, block will be halved. And i don't know who want to cancel halving exept miners who will lost half ot theirs money.
Wherever I may roam
June 07, 2016, 11:17:56 AM
NO, halving cannot be canceled because it's hardcoded into Bitcoin. A fork can do it, but it won't be Bitcoin anymore, just another shitcoin.
YES, halving is going to happen, at block 420.000. The exact date depends on the speed of the next blocks

When I opened this thread, the price was slightly above $200. I perfectly remember that night when I was looking at Bitfinex orderbook with the price slowly but steadily approaching the 200 dollars mark (was that in late August or early September?). It crossed it and bottomed at around $197. I bought a little there (indeed, now I wish I had bought much more, lol) and was vainly expecting the price to fall further down to $150-160...

At such prices, given the mining difficulty at the moment (just in case, thousands of transactions hopelessly stuck earlier in the summer), halving looked like a joke back then

Ok, I now see that it was an old post. I hope by now you have no doubts regarding the Bitcoin protocol and have gained much more knowledge!
The bad side of the story is that I still see people commenting in this post (with recent comments) speculating if the halving is going to happen or not. Even people with 2-300+ posts. Not sure why they waste time here and don't even get the fundamentals of the subject.
legendary
June 07, 2016, 10:13:05 AM
NO, halving cannot be canceled because it's hardcoded into Bitcoin. A fork can do it, but it won't be Bitcoin anymore, just another shitcoin.
YES, halving is going to happen, at block 420.000. The exact date depends on the speed of the next blocks

When I opened this thread, the price was slightly above $200. I perfectly remember that night when I was looking at Bitfinex orderbook with the price slowly but steadily approaching the 200 dollars mark (was that in late August or early September?). It crossed it and bottomed at around $197. I bought a little there (indeed, now I wish I had bought much more, lol) and was vainly expecting the price to fall further down to $150-160...

At such prices, given the mining difficulty at the moment (just in case, thousands of transactions hopelessly stuck earlier in the summer), halving looked like a joke back then
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
Don't Hesitate to Tip me for My Helps and Guides.
June 07, 2016, 06:50:55 AM
Nobody can cancel it ,it will happen on 10th July.

Mat the main post was written almost one year ago, at september 2015, now no one saying that bitcoin halving can be canceled. it is 100% confirm and coming next month.. you can see the halving effects right now on the todays bitcoin rate. bitcoin price doubled before halving you can imagine that how much we can get at the halving time.. but anything can happen, so be ready and prefer your self to see something shocking next month.
Wherever I may roam
June 07, 2016, 06:44:38 AM
Another thread about the crap of the halving not happening? I understand you get money with the ads in the signature and need to post as much as possible, but please..

You can get too, so what are you waiting for?

As an aside, if you think that someone is spamming, trolling or just impudently padding his post count, you can file a complaint (report to moderator). In fact, you can report to moderator even if you just don't like someone or happen to feel lonely and desolate. But since this topic is about Bitcoin halving to be (or not to be) canceled, I ask you to stay on topic, whether you like it or not. Otherwise, you may want to leave the thread and post elsewhere

Hi Deisik, no offend intended. But there are already something like 10 posts saying the same thing, and tons of newcomers that are mislead but this false information. People are saying thing like "i don't believe it will really happen", "it's not sure if there will be the halving", etc.

YES, halving is going to happen, at block 420.000. The exact date depends on the speed of the next blocks.

EDIT: I know I can get payments, too. I never did it, though. One of the reasons is that I don't want to start spamming like many do on this forum. I'm free. And if I write BS (which probably I do) is just my own fault, I don't do it for a few satoshis.
Activity: 62
Merit: 10
June 07, 2016, 03:50:25 AM
Nobody can cancel it ,it will happen on 10th July.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
June 07, 2016, 03:32:26 AM
Bitcoin halving will be not canceled but it will reach just not that high value and yeah it is bad because now we have to wait a longer time until we can earn some profit.
And patience is the most important role in Bitcoin because you have to wait for the right moment to sell it.
legendary
June 07, 2016, 03:25:36 AM
We are looking too much in the halving thing and we dont see how great the price of this currency had grew. It is $100+ dollar rise my friends. Let us not get our hopes too much on that halving and do what we can to increase our coins in different styles.

Buddy, you seem to be too late to the table. The price has increased almost $400 since this thread started. It is the only authentic thread about "the crap of the halving not happening" that you should follow, lol

All other such threads are worthless replicas
June 06, 2016, 08:36:40 PM
Canceled? Are you reading news about bitcoin news?
How bitcoin halving will be canceled, cause it has already a date when halving gonna start.
Halving will start next month.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083
June 06, 2016, 08:27:47 PM
We are looking too much in the halving thing and we dont see how great the price of this currency had grew. It is $100+ dollar rise my friends. Let us not get our hopes too much on that halving and do what we can to increase our coins in different styles.
Pages:
Jump to: