Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin just an asset ? - page 11. (Read 9194 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 106
January 09, 2018, 06:59:26 AM
I have the same opinion as you. I mean bitcoin has no other uses than just for transactions. it's like property, assets. unlike ethereum that can provide facilities to other coins as smart contract technology.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
January 09, 2018, 06:44:40 AM
It varies between person. Some consider it an asset, some give importance to it as an investment, few use it effectively for shopping needs, few prefer it for large volume transactions. Also there are people who use it for illegal activities. So the multiple choice is provided and it's our turn to pick upon our need.
Activity: 70
Merit: 0
January 09, 2018, 06:29:28 AM
one of the  reasons to own Bitcoins are not to use them as a currency, but to either speculate on their asset value or use them to shield transactions from others. Without a stable value Bitcoin cannot truly be a currency. Rather it is a commodity asset that one trades, like gold or silver, in hopes that its value will rise and yield a trading profit. There is nothing wrong with speculation; the actions of speculators help to add market liquidity and to determine the market value of assets. However, usually the asset being valued also has an actual underlying use: you can invest in gold or use it to make jewelry or electronic components. Bitcoins have no uses other than allowing people to hide wealth, conceal (often illegal) transactions, and make and lose money by trading them.

Activity: 434
January 09, 2018, 06:08:20 AM
Yes, the company of bitcoin is asset to have a better life, an asset to have a secured life and a asset to become financially stable; with the help of bitcoins along to your journey, nothing is such impossible for to achieve. The bitcoins makes all your dreams come true.
Activity: 238
Merit: 10
January 04, 2018, 10:54:50 PM
I have read in the news that that like bitcoin as virtual currencies are assets and does not have the characteristics or what it takes to be a currency that could meet our modern economic needs. It was said that it does not have the fundamental attributes. What are your thoughts about it?
In my opinion, it is more like a collection, but if the lightning network can solve the problem of blockage, then bitcoin could become a real currency.
Activity: 196
January 04, 2018, 10:52:01 PM
The bitcoin is an assest its because not all people are using bitcoin.Some people did not understand what bitcoin is and the advantages of using the bitcoin.
Activity: 663
Merit: 250
January 04, 2018, 10:07:50 PM
Bitcoin is just becoming more like an asset especially with its current expensive transaction fees. But huge transactions are still worth it. I believe Core will be announcing some upgrades soon.
Activity: 770
Merit: 113
January 04, 2018, 07:16:51 PM
That's true, but bitcoin can be a safe-haven asset like gold, because the total amount is certain, so that's the advantage.
Right now that is just a theory, we know that people use bitcoin like that in countries where there is an economic crisis, but what it is going to happen if the whole system collapses? That is something we do not know and we are not going to find out until it happens.
True, many things can happen in cryptocurrency, and the worst part is the coins are worthless. Although it can be used as an asset, currency, investment tool and commodity, still have to be careful in using it. We need to be able to control and have plan B to deal with the worst.
Activity: 225
January 04, 2018, 07:15:28 PM
bitcoin can be an asset and also other functions so that until now have a high interest and we should be grateful for the blessings of God because it has been given a very big favor so that we can feel this pleasure
Activity: 756
Merit: 252
January 04, 2018, 05:49:22 PM
That's true, but bitcoin can be a safe-haven asset like gold, because the total amount is certain, so that's the advantage.
Right now that is just a theory, we know that people use bitcoin like that in countries where there is an economic crisis, but what it is going to happen if the whole system collapses? That is something we do not know and we are not going to find out until it happens.
Activity: 728
Merit: 502
December 27, 2017, 01:04:48 PM
It is also a currency but mostly considered an asset. Still few transactions accepts bitcoin as a currency. It cost high transaction fees and it is volatile unlike the real world currency
Bitcoin is something having multiple advantages and it can be used for several ways. Right now, it is most commonly used as an asset and people are taking it as a very good way of investing their money. However, it can also be used as currency and you can buy several things using bitcoin. Though the usage of bitcoin is not common from spending point of view but you can expect things to get better in the days to come.
Activity: 182
December 26, 2017, 08:46:38 PM
For me bitcoin represent both as an asset and at the same time a currency.If you buy bitcoin using your own money or earned bitcoin from any means and you hold that bitcoin,it become your investment and because it has value which is becoming higher and higher then it become your asset. It is a currency because it has value and you can use it to buy and pay anything that accept it that's why it's called virtual currency.
Activity: 186
December 26, 2017, 08:41:54 PM
In my opinion, bitcoin is not just a property but a currency. bitcoin is growing and some countries have accepted it, it has been allowed to use for sale in daily transactions.
Merit: 250
December 26, 2017, 08:28:32 PM
I think Bitcoin is more than just an asset. It works very well as a specialized currency in the online marketplace. If I start an online business, I doubt if I can make a payment with another type of asset except in bitcoin. It qualifies bitcoin as currency. I agree at this time we can not make instant transactions with bitcoin as required in everyday life. But we'll get there too. Because bitcoin is growing for that I can not say for sure what bitcoin is. can only say. For me, bitcoin is the currency, because if you can buy something with it, and for me it is the currency. But not many places where I can spend the cost, so I turn it into a fiat.
Activity: 182
December 26, 2017, 08:09:18 PM
For me Bitcoin definitely is an asset with high level of profit in less time  it helps as a secondary source of income. Personally if you believe that it'll be accepted as a currency than it's totally your call
Activity: 91
Merit: 2
December 26, 2017, 08:05:23 PM
it is an asset which means that it has a value. No matter what they say about it not being true or just a virtual thing, it still has a value that's why it is a success right now. It is an asset which means that it has a value because it is being used right now.
Activity: 560
December 26, 2017, 06:29:46 PM
bitcoin is an invisible asset but has its own price, so bitcoin is a modern asset that you can use for buying and selling so it is very profitable. although it has no characteristics but bitcoin have the selling value high.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 502
December 26, 2017, 06:15:16 PM
I would say no, bitcoin would not be place as an asset, I would rather to
say bitcoin is an token or crypto coin. if you are planning not to use your
bitcoin well you can keep it as an asset.
Activity: 110
Merit: 10
December 26, 2017, 06:14:19 PM
I have read in the news that that like bitcoin as virtual currencies are assets and does not have the characteristics or what it takes to be a currency that could meet our modern economic needs. It was said that it does not have the fundamental attributes. What are your thoughts about it?
Bitcoin is not just an asset, bitcoin has the same function and character as real cash money. The difference is only in terms of form, if real money can be metal and paper, bitcoin is only digital.

Agreed. But I still think someone will come up with a better coin than bitcoin. Bitcoin just doesn't do anything well. Slow, expensive, small supply. I just wish it didn't have so much media behind it and we could educate the general population
December 26, 2017, 06:08:29 PM
Of course bitcoin more than an asset ..as a source of income like other currencies fast and unlimited transactions.a very good asset for investment and future business Kiss Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: