Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin just an asset ? - page 8. (Read 9194 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 12
March 04, 2018, 01:23:53 PM
Range of using cryptocurrencies is too wide for actives so I can not agree with this statement. Just take a look at Ethereum, no asset can perform massive distributed computations.
Activity: 700
Merit: 250
March 04, 2018, 01:23:30 PM
For me now it is just excellent asset, which can supply me with nice profit. But even now it is risky asset, that's why I prefer also to invest into another investment assets.
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
March 04, 2018, 01:09:40 PM
I believe that Bitcoin is an aspect and currency too.  I think it's a currency, as they use it to buy and sell goods and services.
Activity: 980
Merit: 1
March 04, 2018, 12:59:25 PM
In fact, the currency is an asset with the highest liquidity, so if bitcoin becomes sufficiently liquid, it will be on par with traditional currencies.
Bitcoin is valuable asset and wealth for me. I earn bitcoin then I convert it as fiat paper dollars and save it bank for my children and wife. Just people save assets for future.
Activity: 168
March 04, 2018, 12:51:06 PM
Bitcoin just not an asset it also a currency.  It has all the necessary requirements needed for it to be  classified as either a commodity as well as currency.  It is a currency aa there are more places worldwide where bitcoin are accepted as a form of payment.  Some consider it an asset , some give importance to it as investment few use it effectively for shopping needs,  few  prefer it for large volume transaction. Also there are  people who use it for illegal  activities. So the multiple choice is provide and it's our turn to pick upon needed.
Activity: 41
March 04, 2018, 11:44:37 AM
Most people use bitcoin to be their investment asset, when in fact bitcoin is made by its creator named shatosi nakamoto for an alternative payment instrument in the form of digital money. But after seeing the development of bitcoin higher value, it causes bitcoin very well if used as an investment asset.
Activity: 322
Merit: 10
March 03, 2018, 07:37:36 AM
Bitcoin is an asset.Yes really an asset because you can buy it in a different way.Not an ordinary asset but its more than an asset.It has a big value in the market.
Bitcoin was invented to be a first digital currency that will be use in p2p payment transactions without using a third party or a banks. As the time goes by, those concept is not being practice due to higher bitcoin price, and some investors are hoarding the coins in hoping that the price will become much higher in the future. That makes the bitcoin becomes more assets than a currency.  
Activity: 475
March 03, 2018, 07:32:05 AM
Whatever people say on bitcoin won't stop it from rising. I agree bitcoin is some sort of asset but still a currency since that is the main purpose. Bitcoin being also considered mode of payments on many shops is showing it is a currency.
Activity: 798
Merit: 527
March 03, 2018, 07:14:52 AM
Yes it's true bitcoin considered to be an asset as virtual currencies because it is a digital currency, though it is intangible but has value so it differ with the fiat currency where you can see in a physical form. Therefore, bitcoin is still considered as asset because you can convert bitcoin into fiat currency or cash.
You can call bitcoin anything like an asset or gold or any other thing like that as it has this much of the capabilities of being called any of these terms due to number of advantages which bitcoin is having. Bitcoin is actually the best asset one can every have in his life as the worth of this asset keeps on increasing and that too in no time, thus helping you in having more money for your better living.
Activity: 49
March 01, 2018, 02:13:55 PM
You can invest in principle, you can get a stable monthly income?
Activity: 378
Merit: 108
March 01, 2018, 10:39:00 AM
bitcoin is not just an asset but digital asset, bitcoin is one of the most popular cryptocurrency with the highest investor and high market cap.
investing in bitcoin you has a full asset that will be multiplying every seconds which make it more unique and valuable than any other asset you can think off.

Activity: 532
Merit: 100
March 01, 2018, 10:19:32 AM
Go through this topic..
I hear from many sources that btc is used for trading much more than it is for goods and services; doesn't that make it an asset ??
and is that necessarily a bad thing ?? and what can we do about it as a community ??

To me, it's a good currency not an good asset.
Activity: 154
March 01, 2018, 10:13:18 AM
Yes, Bitcoin is an asset because we can use bitcoin to invest and can be converted into money in different currency.
Activity: 196
Merit: 1
March 01, 2018, 06:32:04 AM
Yes it's true bitcoin considered to be an asset as virtual currencies because it is a digital currency, though it is intangible but has value so it differ with the fiat currency where you can see in a physical form. Therefore, bitcoin is still considered as asset because you can convert bitcoin into fiat currency or cash.
Activity: 395
March 01, 2018, 05:26:03 AM
Bitcoin is a virtual currency as it does not have any physical form like the fiat currencies, and we can't completely say that it is an asset like land or any other precious metals like gold as the price of bitcoins keeps on changing which means it is highly volatile in nature and no one predict how the prices are changing. But there is still room for the prices to shoot up due to increase in demand for bitcoins and some of the Government's have accepted this bitcoin legally like the Japanese Government for exchange of goods and services.
Activity: 476
Merit: 17
March 01, 2018, 03:39:37 AM
I have read in the news that that like bitcoin as virtual currencies are assets and does not have the characteristics or what it takes to be a currency that could meet our modern economic needs. It was said that it does not have the fundamental attributes. What are your thoughts about it?
Bitcoin has gradually moved into the category of investment instruments, although it can be called currency, intangible value, digital gold, but behind it is not just the financial benefit that thousands of investors see. He embodies the spirit of freedom and deep philosophical meaning! For bitcoin you can also buy anything on the Internet, like for dollars, euros and pounds, and it also trades on stock exchanges. The most important difference of bitcoin from all other forms of money is decentralization. No institution in the world controls bitcoin. National currencies were previously provided with gold or silver, now "the gross domestic product." Theoretically, you could come to any bank in the country and exchange your paper money for an equivalent in gold and back. Bitcoin is not provided with anything, it's pure math.
Anyone anywhere in the world can run a bitcoin script on their computer and feel like a central bank with a cash printing machine in miniature, although due to the increased complexity of the network it will not be profitable. The source code of the script is published in clear form, everyone can see how it works. It is completely anonymous and at the same time completely transparent. You can create an infinite number of bitcoin addresses without reference to a name, address or any other information. However, bitcoin stores the entire history of transactions that have ever occurred. This is called a sequential block chain, or blockchain. Therefore, if you have a publicly used bitcoin address, then anyone can see how many bitcoins you have in your account. Nobody will know that the address belongs to you, unless you yourself report it. Those who want complete anonymity usually use a new bitcoin address for each transaction. Bitcoin is a philosophy of technology in one!
Activity: 322
February 26, 2018, 07:06:16 AM
I have read in the news that that like bitcoin as virtual currencies are assets and does not have the characteristics or what it takes to be a currency that could meet our modern economic needs. It was said that it does not have the fundamental attributes. What are your thoughts about it?

It depends on the people's perspective if the bitcoins are asset or not because for me if you are pertaining to the people we the people we can say that the bitcoins are oir asset but all those people have them too and that just falls into holdings because bitcoins itself is not to you and  no one owns bitcoins but rather than satoshi that cannot be known up to now so lets just consider bitcoins as an independent thing that has no main man. So they are no asset of anybody.
Activity: 310
Merit: 102
JACS.tech
February 26, 2018, 07:02:45 AM
Depends on the way you 'deal' with it
If you're keeping your holding for long-term, it's a valuable digital asset to you
It's more than a long-term asset if you use it as a way to regularly pay for goods/services (directly or indirectly 'crypto cards'), or a base to buy/trade other Alt coins/tokens....
Activity: 630
February 26, 2018, 06:54:58 AM
why "just"? is to be asset is the bad thing? I would not say so.
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
February 26, 2018, 06:51:22 AM
bitcoin is an assets, bitcoin is an assets since it is liquid and can easily be turned into cash. It is n assets since it can be an investment that can be trade since, bitcoin can be sold and you can also buy it.
Pages:
Jump to: