Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin just an asset ? - page 12. (Read 9194 times)

Activity: 798
Merit: 117
December 26, 2017, 05:30:02 PM
I have read in the news that that like bitcoin as virtual currencies are assets and does not have the characteristics or what it takes to be a currency that could meet our modern economic needs. It was said that it does not have the fundamental attributes. What are your thoughts about it?
BItcoin is not just and asset but an internet of things, a digital asset, it can be use for currency and pay for goods and commodities. what i love for bitcoin is i highly recommend this because its an asset for technology for the future use and can be done in the blockchain, a back p of central bankers.
Activity: 966
Merit: 507
December 26, 2017, 05:27:39 PM
Bitcoin has value as a liquid asset, something you can exchange and use as means of payment. If it is just a digital token like any other, it will be very susceptible to price variations that could bring it down to zero once people stop attributing it a positive value.
Activity: 104
Merit: 10
December 26, 2017, 05:25:32 PM
Bitcoin can be used as currency in daily use. But due to its high transaction fee and long transaction confirmation time, bitcoin is difficult to be used as a currency for daily payments.
Activity: 154
Merit: 0
December 26, 2017, 04:59:58 PM
Bitcoin is not just an asset, more and more people learn about bitcoin and bitcoin is growing very fast in price
Activity: 532
Merit: 255
December 26, 2017, 04:42:22 PM
I have read in the news that that like bitcoin as virtual currencies are assets and does not have the characteristics or what it takes to be a currency that could meet our modern economic needs. It was said that it does not have the fundamental attributes. What are your thoughts about it?

That's true.
From the beginning I joined the Bitcointalk Forum, I have learnt a lot of new things and produced some novel findings, which have important implications in the crypto world. One of them is "Bitcoin isn't currency" but that's a store of value (asset), because bitcoin does not have the fundamental attributes.
Activity: 756
Merit: 252
December 26, 2017, 04:42:06 PM
They are lying is that simple, never believe everything you hear out there, most of the time it is just a bunch of lies if you do not believe me watch the commercials for 2 minutes if you really take the time to analyze the commercial you can easily find 5 to 10 lies in each commercial.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 783
December 26, 2017, 04:12:21 PM
For some people, yes bitcoin is just an asset for them but for most of the people here in the world of cryptocurrency, bitcoin is not just an asset because it is also a money where they can use to do transactions like payment online or payment for the things that they will buy in the real world by just finding a seller that accept bitcoin.
Activity: 328
www.daxico.com
December 26, 2017, 03:45:30 PM
An asset is anything that has value and Bitcoins as a cryptocurrency has a monetary value so I consider bitcoins as an asset but a risky asset and I only allocate funds that I can afford to lose to invest in it. However the gains are much higher than I can afford to lose.
Activity: 308
Merit: 100
December 26, 2017, 03:43:19 PM
Gold which is an asset and reserve money for all the fiat currencies such is also BTC and it can`t be used for payments as it is very high in value and it is not suitable for its high fees.
Activity: 338
December 26, 2017, 03:36:08 PM
Bitcoin is not just an asset, bitcoin has the same function and character as real cash money. The difference is only in terms of form, if real money can be metal and paper, bitcoin is only digital.
Activity: 471
December 26, 2017, 09:56:23 AM
Actually Bitcoin is digital currency i hope it's a known thing for everyone.Many people life is depended on BTC & it's such a financial support in poor family.I think that's why BTC play important role like as asset.
Activity: 10
December 26, 2017, 09:52:28 AM
The underlying asset of bitcoin are users’computing power’developers and its technology because it has no intrinsic value.
Activity: 154
Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain
December 26, 2017, 09:52:22 AM
That's true, but bitcoin can be a safe-haven asset like gold, because the total amount is certain, so that's the advantage.
Activity: 434
December 26, 2017, 09:46:55 AM
Bitcoin is not just an asset, it's also a payment system and so on. But, for some countries who banned bitcoin, of course bitcoin only can be used as an asset. But now, it's understandable why people think bitcoin is just an asset. Because most of them, know bitcoin is some kind of investation. They don't even know what cryptocurrency is and such. They only attracted in bitcoin because of the price, that's why people tend to think bitcoin is an asset.

Activity: 266
Merit: 101
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
December 26, 2017, 09:13:58 AM
In my experience I could only tell that bitcoin is just an asset.  Its crazy if you would really use it to buy in transactions.  Aside from being too volatile,  its transaction speed is too slow.  Ive heard UBER will accept btc as payment I dont really. if its true,  but imagine paying bitcoin in a taxi,  and then wait for confirmation before you can go.

I agree, volatile, slow and the fee is exceptionally higher compared to fiat. I will pick other cryptocurrency any time except there is a case I have no other choice not to use it. It is a good one to be kept as an asset, better than gold, better than stock, even better than property in this overbought property market, atleast in my country. At the end of the day, just buy and hodl Wink
Activity: 322
homt.net
December 26, 2017, 09:08:22 AM
I think bitcoin is not only an asset. It is more than an asset. You can use bitcoin for many transactions too. We can use bitcoin for payment and also for investment. In some countries, you can buy your daily need such food, clothes by bitcoin. The benefit of bitcoin will be different, As user, it just depend on us.
Activity: 196
Merit: 121
December 25, 2017, 10:10:32 PM
It depends on the people whether they used it as an asset or not. You hold your own bitcoins and it is your right to use it in your own way.
Some used it as a means of payment (think about japan) and some are using it to trade.
Probably yes, it depends on the peole how they treat the bitcoin.
Although this is crytocurrency, some people are still confuse if they will consider as asset or not. There are some countries, bitcoin is now the favorite currency in market, they use it in payment transaction. In fact I reallt like to use it in payment, no hassel and hoping it will happen in my country, because for me bitcoin is asset.
Activity: 434
December 25, 2017, 06:20:02 PM

The main issue is that very few establishments accept bitcoin thus it doesn't have much effect yet in many sectors of the economy. However, in the online market, cryptocurrency have been the star especially to international trades due to its popularity. It's only the connotation of some that thinks that bitcoin is only for investment.
Activity: 280
December 25, 2017, 05:46:05 PM
In my experience I could only tell that bitcoin is just an asset.  Its crazy if you would really use it to buy in transactions.  Aside from being too volatile,  its transaction speed is too slow.  Ive heard UBER will accept btc as payment I dont really. if its true,  but imagine paying bitcoin in a taxi,  and then wait for confirmation before you can go.
No bitcoin is not only asset but its money as well if you want to use bitcoin for your daily needs you can use it such as  food ,clothes and other things you can also pay your bills and if you want to keep it save so it can also help you in your future  so bitcoin can be used in both options hats why everyone they are crazy about it to join and I’m also using both options because it’s very useful  in use so bitcoin is now one of the favorite currency in market.
Activity: 6
December 25, 2017, 06:25:42 AM
Yes it is an asset that give passive income. But it depends on you on how you' ll gonna manage it. If you are good enough on managing an online cryptocurrency like bitcoin,  then you can generate a generous income in it.
Pages:
Jump to: