Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin making alts useless - page 7. (Read 1628 times)

Activity: 109
Merit: 10
April 05, 2018, 07:34:54 AM
Bitcoins is still in its experimental and it will keep improving and have more room to change all of the bad features that it have now. I dont think Bitcoin is making alts useless because altcoins has different functions and it differs in how it works even if it is based on the blockchain.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1011
Be A Digital Miner
April 02, 2018, 04:18:23 PM
Most people buy alts only in order to speculate with them. The main purpose of these speculations is to increase the amount of bitcoins or dollars. Only few people believe in altcoin projects. It's a sad but real truth.
Yur
Activity: 196
Merit: 102
April 01, 2018, 04:10:47 PM
I don't believe the statement because altcoins have their own market strategy on their marketing.
When Bitcoin drops, almost every altcoins are dropping as well but that doesn't mean that altcoins will become useless, it is just altcoins price value are being paired with Bitcoin, Ethereum or NEO but time will come that it will soon paired with other top altcoins so when that time comes, Bitcoin will no longer affect Altcoin price values.
Activity: 546
April 01, 2018, 03:09:22 PM
I think that bitcoin will not do anything bad, of course many projects that are focused on the fact that they perform a similar function with bitcoin, then of course in this case they will definitely not be needed.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 134
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
April 01, 2018, 03:04:43 PM
I understand the fact that bitcoin is indeed one of the most well-anticipated cryptocurrencies up to date, and sometimes sadly, it outshines some altcoins that prpposes amaxing projects and/ir good raises because bitcoin is crowdfundes and some of these altcoins aren't. Altcoins are necessary and beneficial to cryptocurrency's growth abd development since it allows investors and people alike to have variations.
Activity: 82
Merit: 0
April 01, 2018, 03:00:03 PM
I don't think it's making other alts useless. You can easliy see that many altcoins have diffrent properties and might be used in some ways BTC couldn't.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
April 01, 2018, 02:03:00 PM
Bitcoin will be replaced by another currency in the future tho. As Bitcoin becomes more and more popular we will need more scalable coin to replace it.
Activity: 420
April 01, 2018, 02:02:24 PM
Why Huh
Im not sure about that.

Altcoin is alternatife coin, because BTC is to hard now to earn it.
And alternatife is Altcoin can something.
I has many profit with altcoin and trade to BTC or ETH.
So why Altcoin is useless Huh
Activity: 182
April 01, 2018, 01:58:57 PM
We probably have multiple alts that one could consider as better version of bitcoin but as you're noticing, bitcoin is gaining more popularity and a fast growth. The price is not a measure of a coin success so what I'm referring to here is the the number of ATMs, exchanges, stores, services, and people accepting it.

So even If we have some people using alts currently because they believe they are better then bitcoin (which may be true), bitcoin is evolving and the development is super active and exciting times are coming. I honestly believe that this make alts useless (say, by the end of the year), your thoughts?
As for me, you are very mistaken in this, the number of good Altcoins is increasing and soon they will become much more valuable than bitcoin, which just keeps on popularity. But the fact that the crypto currency needs to be developed further is a fact.
At the moment I see that BTC Dominance is growing, this indicates an increase in the bitcoin value. Yes, altcoins carry in themselves new technologies that are necessary for the modern world of crypto currencies, therefore these new coins will win their place in the future world. If the coin does not develop, then this coin will disappear, this even applies to bitcoin.
Activity: 258
March 31, 2018, 03:40:43 AM
Altcoin is more valuable in its application, and BTC's current field is not available in many places, but altcoin lacks many important functions.

Activity: 308
Merit: 11
March 31, 2018, 03:27:43 AM
Even if we don't put Bitcoin into the arguement most of these so called ALtcoins are useless and I pity some people because they will wake up one day and see that they Altcoin stash worth close to Zero. The level of investment in Bitcoin is so big and this can't be rival by any ALtcoin projects so far
Bitcoin can continue to increase in price for a long time, however, in one day it can also fall to the level of depreciation. The more its cost, the more likely will be the development of such events. At the same time, altcoins, if viewed in general, so far only develop and gain strength and value. Altcoins, if not to consider some of them that will constantly leave the market, can no longer depreciate as bitcoin. They enter our life slowly and firmly. In general, altkoins are much more useful than bitcoin. Therefore, the altcoyins will develop and the future will follow.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Comprehensive Blockchain Billing Protocol
March 31, 2018, 02:04:54 AM
We probably have multiple alts that one could consider as better version of bitcoin but as you're noticing, bitcoin is gaining more popularity and a fast growth. The price is not a measure of a coin success so what I'm referring to here is the the number of ATMs, exchanges, stores, services, and people accepting it.

So even If we have some people using alts currently because they believe they are better then bitcoin (which may be true), bitcoin is evolving and the development is super active and exciting times are coming. I honestly believe that this make alts useless (say, by the end of the year), your thoughts?
As for me, you are very mistaken in this, the number of good Altcoins is increasing and soon they will become much more valuable than bitcoin, which just keeps on popularity. But the fact that the crypto currency needs to be developed further is a fact.
Activity: 294
Merit: 105
March 31, 2018, 02:00:57 AM
Of course not. At least you have options aside from doing bitcoin. Altcoin is good just like bitcoin. So there is nothing weong if you both of these two cryptocurrency.
Activity: 602
Merit: 250
March 31, 2018, 02:00:35 AM
In fact, there's nothing wrong with that. Who will be able to become an independent project and an alternative to BTC will become. Others will fall off. Natural selection...            
Perhaps, someone is meddling with the markets (for example by spoofing all major coins on major exchanges). This might possibly cause all the coins to fall in line and would explain why they are often in-line, but not always.
Activity: 420
March 31, 2018, 01:49:27 AM
In fact, there's nothing wrong with that. Who will be able to become an independent project and an alternative to BTC will become. Others will fall off. Natural selection...            
Activity: 1148
Merit: 518
March 30, 2018, 04:08:05 PM
Too many altcoins can not get the same capitalization as bitcoin, because they will always be dependent on the overall dynamics of the market.
Yes, so far, but bitcoin will not always be the main coin in the market. It will give way to another coin someday, but of course it will not happen in the next couple of years. At the moment we see how the parameter BTC Dominance gradually grows, it means that the funds from the altcoins flow into bitcoin.
Activity: 210
March 25, 2018, 03:44:36 AM
It is necessary to understand that while the market is too young, and BTC in it is a peculiar model of behavior, which all imitate. It may change soon, but it is so.
Activity: 97
Merit: 0
March 24, 2018, 05:29:15 PM
It is necessary to understand that while the market is too young, and BTC in it is a peculiar model of behavior, which all imitate. It may change soon, but it is so.
Activity: 146
Merit: 12
March 20, 2018, 01:36:58 PM
Too many altcoins can not get the same capitalization as bitcoin, because they will always be dependent on the overall dynamics of the market.
Activity: 336
March 19, 2018, 02:59:45 PM
Yes, altcoins follow bitcoin, but is this bad? When bitcoin grows, then almost all the altcoins grow. I think that in the future some altcoins can make a worthy competition to bitcoin, especially the high hopes I get from ethereum. 
Pages:
Jump to: