Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin making alts useless - page 8. (Read 1628 times)

Activity: 602
Merit: 250
March 19, 2018, 10:48:43 AM
Thats completly not truth, bitcoin makes altcoins stronger cause it is the reason why so many people even come in cryptoworld, all knows bitcoin as main of that all            
Activity: 523
Merit: 300
March 19, 2018, 09:58:35 AM
Bitcoin is now highly manipulated by biggies. I do not know what it stands for now.
Activity: 329
Merit: 10
March 19, 2018, 09:57:30 AM
We probably have multiple alts that one could consider as better version of bitcoin but as you're noticing, bitcoin is gaining more popularity and a fast growth. The price is not a measure of a coin success so what I'm referring to here is the the number of ATMs, exchanges, stores, services, and people accepting it.

So even If we have some people using alts currently because they believe they are better then bitcoin (which may be true), bitcoin is evolving and the development is super active and exciting times are coming. I honestly believe that this make alts useless (say, by the end of the year), your thoughts?

yes you are right if the bitcoin price condition goes down it is certain altcoin prices will also drop so should not let bitcoin price down, but when the price goes down we can have the chance to buy as much bitcoin as we can. so take advantage of the opportunity.
Activity: 168
Merit: 5
March 19, 2018, 09:56:23 AM
we can not compare between btc & alts as they move in different flatforms, if they compare the bitcoin price that makes alt useless it is not entirely true because alts only need time to succeed. if btc is currently ruled because btc already has a market and has started well before alts. someday alts can definitely be useful and can be compare with btc.
Activity: 644
Merit: 250
March 19, 2018, 09:39:51 AM
Bitcoin is currently have really big impact on situation of worth all the coins, so when he is going down - altcoins goes to, and altcoins have some impact on bitcoin, like if Ethereum goes up, as example, Bitcoin does some too.                     
Activity: 630
Merit: 103
March 18, 2018, 05:46:41 AM
The cryptomarket is still young and the majority of coins has no real application. And those coins which are already applied still are widely not introduced in real economy. Therefore liquidity and capitalization - the most important indicators of stability and resistance to shocks in the cryptomarket. On these indicators only bitcoin always on the first place.
Activity: 224
March 18, 2018, 03:26:07 AM
   That's what I think. The value of bitcoin is that he the first, there is no economy in the bitcoin.
Alts typically represent a demanded project, which will be of interest to a large number of people and will solve certain tasks.
Therefore I think that violas have their value, bitcoin its own.
Their dependence will only appear on the exchange.
Activity: 448
Merit: 15
TREEBLOCK
March 18, 2018, 03:12:32 AM
Altcoins now have a whole raft of uses, many are actually being used to back the financial or operational side of rising companies. The price of Bitcoin is certainly restricting the rise of most of the altcoins although when the decline stops this alts should also climb along with BTC.
Activity: 61
Merit: 0
March 18, 2018, 03:12:04 AM
Alts ARE going down, though. Bitcoin against USD down; altcoins against USD down.
If only Bitcoin was going down against USD, and altcoins were staying the same against USD, they'd be going up against BTC. That's not happening. They're staying the same against BTC.
As a matter of fact, most altcoins MIRROR EXACTLY the percentage gain and loss as Bitcoin. It's as if a bunch of bots are buying/selling from an index fund. Here are some charts that I put Bitcoin superimposed over the chart of ETH and NEO, respectively. Bitcoin in USD (Coinbase) is the gold line. The alts in USD (Bittrex) are the colored candles. The chart is in % mode, so it doesn't go by dollar values, just % gain/loss since the left side of the chart.
Activity: 70
March 18, 2018, 03:09:05 AM
Alt prices are tied into Bitcoin via trading pairs.
Hence, when Bitcoin drops, so do all alts.
People don't just decide to sell all their alts at once when Bitcoin drops, but when Bitcoin drops (or bitcoin rises drastically), alt prices will always be red as a result.
Activity: 85
March 18, 2018, 03:06:44 AM
This doesn't make any sense to me. I would think that most people who are invested in alts, especially alts outside the top 10, would be educated about cryptocurrency and realize that Bitcoin is an inferior product for almost all uses. Why would Bitcoin declining make its competitors less valuable? If anything, it should make them more valuable since Bitcoin is getting out of the way.
Activity: 58
March 18, 2018, 02:57:45 AM
There are hundreds of altcoins out there, with more appearing out of nowhere every day. Now that even die-hard Bitcoin aficionados are realizing that Bitcoin itself has a number of technical issues, they are rapidly jumping ship to various altcoins that purport to solve the problems with Bitcoin.
Activity: 490
Merit: 100
March 18, 2018, 02:53:29 AM
I know that many altcoins that existed was aiming to be the next bitcoin and they claimed they are better one and that's are the real useless alts while those that don't compete with btc and focus on a specific category then they have worth in this market.
Activity: 239
March 18, 2018, 01:58:57 AM
Altcoin is not useless perhaps their are altcoins that is very useful just like the bitcoin. People are very mindful and underestimate altcoins just because of the rankings and the value. But i assure to all of those who are using crypto, use the alt or other altcoins and you will know the real use of it.
Activity: 181
Merit: 12
March 17, 2018, 10:37:58 PM
That's not true. Each coin contained a different function. Same as Iphone vs Samsung. Bitcoin better for you but for others the coins is more convenient.
Yep, that’s right, it depends much  on the thought or demand of everyone. We all know that bitcoin is the prelude of cryptocurrency ,and actually it’s the foundation for the appearance of all the coin in crypto market. Moreover, it’s the oldest coin and it still keeps on developing, maybe it’s the most demand of people now but in the future, you know that we can’t say for sure anything previously. Maybe in the next some years, the number of people who uses bitcoin is not more than altcoin, definitely most people have a different defination in this market.
Activity: 143
Merit: 31
Cryptomaa.com Helps in finding Real project
March 17, 2018, 01:50:35 PM
Bitcoin is supporting alt coins,BTC will be fast in future but for small investmnet alt coin is best and in alt coins many feature is added which is not possible in bitcoin

Like master node, privacy feature and many other feature.

Bitcoin is helping alt coins grow
Activity: 280
better Days Ahead...
March 17, 2018, 09:53:40 AM
yeah whenever bitcoin is on the rise alts surfers, when bitcoin is going down alts surfers too, but when it is stable alts moons. that's shows the power of bitcoin.
Activity: 196
Merit: 1
Express Gratitude With Merit
March 17, 2018, 09:33:48 AM
I agree that Bitcoin makes altcoins useless, but in different kinda way. The majority of altcoins or even all of them are not independent. And not because of their nature or real dependence on Bitcoin, but because we make them dependent. That is the only reason why all the alts following Bitcoin when it downfalls. If everybody had understood that the majority of the altcoins are independent and self-efficient, these mass speculations concerning the future of Bitcoin wouldn't have affected other coins. And the market would have developed more stable and logically.
Activity: 532
Merit: 114
March 17, 2018, 09:29:43 AM
Why even bring up a comparison when bitcoin stands alone and complete. The very reason for alts is that they implement varying alternatives and projects that are unique, experimentive and exploratory,  still seeking identity and existence.
Activity: 182
March 17, 2018, 09:29:35 AM
I do not doubt that Bitcoin is making a big impact on the market. This can only happen in a moment when the bitcoin moves downward.
In my opinion, bitcoin is at the heart of the world community but it does indeed have some changes in the usability of altcoin.
Fairly speaking, some altcoin are making valuable changes when converting transaction volume / s faster and more efficiently than bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: