Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin may not be number one for long - page 28. (Read 28295 times)

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
November 12, 2017, 04:17:19 PM
I thought for sure it would take until the end of 2018 but it looks like this summer ethereum might pass it up. With the turmoil around BTC potential splitting, it might be very soon. IMO this is healthy, we will always value bitcoin for being the one that started it all, but it's time for a more dynamic and adaptable currency to take the lead.

You are right about ethereum has a big growth nowadays. But I don't think it will affect bitcoin value so much until the end of 2018. In severals years later your thought may be true but not in the next year.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
November 12, 2017, 03:18:57 PM
The market cap of Bitcoin Cash has surged past $11 billion. Quite impressive for a crypto-currency, which was launched just 3 months back. 1 BCH coin is now worth almost 0.1 BTC. And the Core devs are refusing to do anything to resolve the scaling issues. This means that in the future there is a strong chance that BCH will replace BTC.
Lets not get ahead of ourselves, this recent surge in the price of bitcoin cash cannot be permanent it was too abrupt, at some point it is going to go down and since the growth in price was very fast I can only suppose the dump is going to be as fast.

The market cap is now almost above $20B, which is great. But this won't last forever. BCC will fall very hard and when it happens, lots of traders will lose too much money. Trust me.

It's time to be careful in the market. Keep accumulating bitcoin.
It seems the crash is already beginning, bitcoin cash is now barely above the 30 billion mark and it has lost a few hundreds of dollar in the price since the last time I checked the price a few hours ago, it seems the party is over and the price is going to go back to where it was.
Activity: 294
Merit: 101
Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange
November 12, 2017, 02:37:28 PM
No i think its for long because bitcoin is already good now eth can be similar but i think its takes time because eth value is already like bitcoin and the exchanger of eth is like bitcoins also but i think to develop a digital money is so hard because we already have good bitcoins for so long and i think nothing can be similar if we already have
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
November 12, 2017, 02:26:36 PM
but it's time for a more dynamic and adaptable currency to take the lead.

which currency they are talking about? adaptable currency, what exactly do you mean?
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
November 12, 2017, 01:58:36 PM
i think bch will emerge as the victor since it is being propped up by the monopoly that is bitmain
Activity: 854
Merit: 281
November 12, 2017, 01:40:48 PM
I doubt bitcoin will be overtaken any time soon, but eventually it's likely to happen, as superior technologies emerge. Right now bitcoin has the strongest brand name and a massive networking effect. I see a future in which multiple cryptocurrencies coexist and flourish, serving different niches.
Activity: 378
Merit: 104
November 12, 2017, 01:40:00 PM
Bitcoin is, and will always be, the gateway drug into crypto, so it will most likely always be the king.

Although, not gonna lie, would like to see some competition.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008
November 12, 2017, 01:39:02 PM
It seems that bitcoin clones - bitcoin cash and bitcoin gold will compete with the original bitcoin after a certain time. What we see recently gives reason to believe that the struggle between them for the championship will still be. So far, bitcoin seriously nothing to fear. He has a sufficient reserve of community trust and a decent gap in value. However, what will happen next, we'll see.

Bitcoin Cash can pose a serious threat to Bitcoin, as it is having some of the most powerful backers. I was watching the exchange rates today, and at one point 1 BCH was 0.41 BTC, although later it fell back to around BTC0.233. I don't know much about Bitcoin Gold, but its futures exchange rates were rocketing up in exchanges such as YoBit.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
November 12, 2017, 01:35:44 PM
What I observe about bitcoin is it is still young in the market and having big potential to grow very fast. Ups and down comes and goes we should not worry about it as nothing is constant and stable. Analyzing the future of bitcoin performance I strongly believe that Bitcoin will stay as Number One for long.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 108
November 12, 2017, 01:29:25 PM
It seems that bitcoin clones - bitcoin cash and bitcoin gold will compete with the original bitcoin after a certain time. What we see recently gives reason to believe that the struggle between them for the championship will still be. So far, bitcoin seriously nothing to fear. He has a sufficient reserve of community trust and a decent gap in value. However, what will happen next, we'll see.
Activity: 350
Merit: 13
November 12, 2017, 01:16:05 PM
it could be that bitcoin will not always be number one in a long time, all possibilities can happen in the world of cryptocurrency, a new breakthrough from dev altcoin could be a threat to bitcoin to shift its position which so far bitcoin is still number one in cryptocurrency.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
November 12, 2017, 12:54:28 PM
this is the most stable and fast-developing cryptocurrency at the moment...why it can't be the number one...the fact that it fell doesn't mean anything...it's a natural process...I think, it will continue to grow and strengthen
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
November 12, 2017, 12:49:22 PM
I thought for sure it would take until the end of 2018 but it looks like this summer ethereum might pass it up. With the turmoil around BTC potential splitting, it might be very soon. IMO this is healthy, we will always value bitcoin for being the one that started it all, but it's time for a more dynamic and adaptable currency to take the lead.

We didn't know what will happen in the end of 2018. Maybe other altcoins rise up and bitcoin has a lower value than altcoin. But if you think of it, bitcoin is the only one that rise so much value in the virtual currency. So many miners is favor in mining in bitcoin and support it than altcoin. Etherium is better to because it not be crowded and the value is so slowly upward and downward. But in your question, I think bitcoin will be the number one higher value in the chart of coins world.
Activity: 812
Merit: 500
November 12, 2017, 12:42:40 PM
Bitcoin is the first cryptocurrecy ever, just the first, all others are just clones, clones who want to be "like original", so if there will be no new currency that is somehow better than BTC, it still will be the best.
Activity: 136
November 12, 2017, 12:30:35 PM

It is time people to realize that, well said! Is time every Bitcoin worthless database to give it's place to real innovative networks like Ethereum etc.
Activity: 378
November 12, 2017, 12:27:18 PM
I agree with your opinion that might be etherium will the next which can lead crypto. But etherium need more time to do it since its not that easy.

I dont think so that bitcoin will not be the best or number one cryptocurrency in cypto world, bitcoin is running for many years and eventhough that the value of is not stable it still the best among the rest cryptocurrency, And bitcoin is just down for a short time but it will continue to rise soon so it may always be number one cryptocurrency.
November 12, 2017, 12:20:35 PM
This might be true since a lot of great cryptocurrency are doing really great. One example is ethereum.
I agree with you, there many cryptocurrency who are also blooming in the crypto world, so there have some chance that bitcoin can be dethroned for being number one cryptocurrency, but if that will happen it may not take for too long for other cryptocurrency to be number 1 because btcoin will be back stronger.
Activity: 210
November 12, 2017, 12:04:17 PM
It is true that Bitcoin has openned the market of the cryptocurrencies and become on the TOP but he will still number one ?
Personally, I see that there is no field where there is only one leader without oppenents. This is what is happenning nowadays when we see Bitcoin on a crysis and Etherium and many other cryptocurrencies are having a good raise according to some statistics.
Bitcoin has to be down for some time and then come back, if not it will be down always.
Activity: 1022
$CYBERCASH METAVERSE
November 12, 2017, 11:52:51 AM
Etherum place in 2nd position after bitcoin. But don't forget the value of both currency . its a huge difference between bitcoin and other currency . bitcoin will be always first position. This is my prediction .
November 12, 2017, 11:35:14 AM

Probably, but it's really free-for-all for now. Today's bitcoin prices have been going down and I believe it's BCH to blame. Segwit2x was cancelled due to the bitcoin community's need to unite as a single unit. IMO as well, that should have been the end of bitcoin as we speak. Segwit2x was really better than bitcoins, but the way I see it, popularity is bitcoins major key to being king.
Pages:
Jump to: