Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin may not be number one for long - page 26. (Read 28295 times)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
November 23, 2017, 02:24:11 AM
I do not discover any other crypto has same future of Bitcoin. Bitcoin is only one digital forex altered the technology to the next level, many new businesses are planning to adopt the technology and implement their goods into Blockchain technology which could give much more consciousness to folks.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 219
November 22, 2017, 07:28:46 AM
I thought for sure it would take until the end of 2018 but it looks like this summer ethereum might pass it up. With the turmoil around BTC potential splitting, it might be very soon. IMO this is healthy, we will always value bitcoin for being the one that started it all, but it's time for a more dynamic and adaptable currency to take the lead.
Yes i agree on you, because there's no permanent thing in this world all things will be done someday but the important is what things will done it is a great contribution in the economy and industry ? It will be a great role for the government and it will give a good memories to everyone. Maybe now the time of bitcoin but we cant sure how long it is
Activity: 62
Merit: 11
November 22, 2017, 07:24:25 AM
the eth is already ahead of bitcoin in terms of technology, it will never be as expensive as bitcoin but that's what it does its strength
rpg
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
November 22, 2017, 07:22:50 AM
I believe that bitcoin will be number one for so long because bitcoin was very helpful to many people in gaining and earning so much money. And BTC was first. And newcomers come in cryptu thru bitcoin.
Activity: 6
November 21, 2017, 05:44:23 AM
I thought for sure it would take until the end of 2018 but it looks like this summer ethereum might pass it up. With the turmoil around BTC potential splitting, it might be very soon. IMO this is healthy, we will always value bitcoin for being the one that started it all, but it's time for a more dynamic and adaptable currency to take the lead.

Wouldn't you say that every crypto is speculative right now?  I can't use even one of them in my daily life.  And how is it that you're looking at actual usage?

Either way, back to my response, market cap has some basis for comparison (to be taken with a grain of salt of course), where price alone doesn't.
Activity: 42
November 20, 2017, 03:43:44 PM
A lot of cryptocurrency are now emerging and the originals are bitcoin. It is currently number 1, though for me, I have a feeling that Ethereum may be able to top it soon. Ethereum has proved itself well in terms of security and value. You may check this link for more information: www.propthereum.io
Activity: 1078
Merit: 342
Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly
November 20, 2017, 03:22:21 PM
Everything can happen and everything is possible. But I do not think that any other cryptocurrency will take bitcoin's place. As a matter of fact, most of people are into bitcoin. All of them are bitcoin's supporters. So, I do not think they will attempt to give it up someday.

In addition, even if they gave it up, other coin will rise up and take its place. But that will probably happen after so many years.
Activity: 164
Merit: 19
November 20, 2017, 03:00:49 PM
when you speak of virtual currencies, you will always speak of bitcoin for the next 10y
Activity: 22
November 20, 2017, 02:50:37 PM
Do not agree with you. There's no another cryprocurrency that could match Bitcoin. The abyss is huge, so bitcoin will be number one for many years. I'm sure.
Activity: 392
Merit: 123
November 20, 2017, 02:18:27 PM
Until now bitcoin is still above number and to be number i believe it will be forever😊.
I believe all bitcoin lover would not want to hear that bitcoin will not be number one for long. It irritates them.
Activity: 56
November 20, 2017, 01:51:24 PM
Yes.I'm thinking like that too.Because BTC just started with facing problems with governments and law.Governments and bankers would not allow BTC.Because they can't make profit on that.They will do everything to ban BTC.But because of wave of crypto governments and law will introduce new coin or support a coin that accept there regulations.I think that new coin will take the place of BTC
Activity: 263
Merit: 250
November 18, 2017, 07:50:22 PM

It is true that circumstances may eventually arise that could lead some other currency to occupy the hegemonic place that Bitcoin has justly maintained up to now, but that still seems very distant and inaccessible for the current altcoins.

If ethereum was called to displace the bitcoin, that event had already happened some time ago, because even though the world is already aware of the supposed advantages of ethereum with respect to bitcoin there does not seem to be too much hurry to accumulate ethers at the expense of bitcoin, and while bitcoin continues to grow, ethereum has remained fairly stable.
Of course it will take a lot of time to defeat bitcoin and win from bitcoin because people all over the world are love to invest in bitcoin and making their life and the thing that bitcoin may not be on the top for the long time so we need to ignore it because this will only possible when another cryptocurrency become more popular.
Activity: 344
Merit: 250
November 18, 2017, 07:49:07 PM
Yes i agree with you i find the technology of ethereum better than that from bitcoin and i believe a lot of people already know that ethereum is the true rival of bitcoin as some people prefer ethereum over bitcoin.
Things are not so simple people apply this kind of thought as if changing currencies was as easy as changing your TV, bitcoin is better than the US dollar and yet the US dollar is still the number one currency so not everything is about which currency is the best, most of the time it is about the currency that is used by the most people.

I don't think it's as simple as saying that bitcoin is better than USD, for many many things the USD is far superior to bitcoin, most transactions in USD have zero fees and those are the day to day transactions that most people care about.
Yes you are right and I know that ETH is slowly growing and gaining but we need to talk about the latest popular currency and that is bitcoin, I also know that bitcoin may not be number one for long time but this will be possible if another currency came out and defeat bitcoin but now the first one and top cryptocurrency is bitcoin.
Activity: 167
Merit: 10
November 18, 2017, 05:30:42 PM

It is true that circumstances may eventually arise that could lead some other currency to occupy the hegemonic place that Bitcoin has justly maintained up to now, but that still seems very distant and inaccessible for the current altcoins.

If ethereum was called to displace the bitcoin, that event had already happened some time ago, because even though the world is already aware of the supposed advantages of ethereum with respect to bitcoin there does not seem to be too much hurry to accumulate ethers at the expense of bitcoin, and while bitcoin continues to grow, ethereum has remained fairly stable.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
November 17, 2017, 06:27:56 PM
Now bitcoin have many problems like expensive fees and confirmation time. I hope it will be fixed soon and bitcoin stays number one.
Activity: 1708
Merit: 541
November 17, 2017, 06:25:23 PM

Denied? Tongue Summer was the peak and all. Ethereum now back to 1/4 value of BTC and the ratio will goes lower as BTC reach even higher. Bitcoin will always be the main cryptocurrency and be the leader. Ethereum and other "innovative" coins is great for cryptocurrency development, though, but Bitcoin is just on another level right now.

Let's see how 2018 will goes for BTC vs ETH.
Activity: 364
Merit: 105
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
November 17, 2017, 06:06:57 PM
Yes i agree with you i find the technology of ethereum better than that from bitcoin and i believe a lot of people already know that ethereum is the true rival of bitcoin as some people prefer ethereum over bitcoin.
Things are not so simple people apply this kind of thought as if changing currencies was as easy as changing your TV, bitcoin is better than the US dollar and yet the US dollar is still the number one currency so not everything is about which currency is the best, most of the time it is about the currency that is used by the most people.

I don't think it's as simple as saying that bitcoin is better than USD, for many many things the USD is far superior to bitcoin, most transactions in USD have zero fees and those are the day to day transactions that most people care about.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
November 17, 2017, 06:02:02 PM
Activity: 223
Merit: 101
Trader
November 16, 2017, 04:48:09 PM
You know,  if I saw this post a few months ago I wouldn't have believed it,  but with the hefty fees that are being applied and the slow transaction confirmation time I'm definitely starting to believe that it's true that bitcoin may not be the top used and widely accepted crypto for long considering others have less fees and confirm really fast.
Activity: 495
Merit: 100
You have to get what you want your own way.
November 16, 2017, 04:46:34 PM
with the way things work for Bitcoin now, i doubt that it can be dethroned and I'm pretty sure that the investors and people who uses it will allow such things to happen to Bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: