Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin MineField - 10%-2300% winings, fully automated, with cool technologies:) - page 18. (Read 88255 times)

Activity: 1596
Merit: 502
good question: nothing, I let you cash this out if you wish and I'll loose money on transaction fees. I hope nobody will abuse this as there is nothing to gain from it.
and that amount will be kept there for you forever in your account.
I've tried the game, nice little game :-)
But since I'm not yet seriously mining and don't want to buy bitcoins for real money (yet) I only spend 0.04 BTC and now I have 0.005 BTC left in my account.
Since you said you would loose money on the very low transactions, is there a way the cancel my account and donate this 0.005 BTC to you?
Maybe I'll play the game another time in the far future, but I really doubt I would still have my secret url to access my account.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500

even though the relation is cute because the game is called bitcoin minefield, If I'll send the profits to charity I would like to choose the cause myself.

which I didn't say I will. and you are obliviously pushing me, which I find is not very nice.
I'd much more appreciate something along the lines "hey, you can give the profits to charity, here is how"
then contacting random organisations almost in my behalf without my feedback.

that said, I'll hardcode sending of percentage of the profits to the mines related charity if we can find a way to do it because I like the idea Smiley I'd much more prefer the demining organisation though, then the lobbying one, if I'm not making a mistake with my quick glance at the site.

in case you are not just trolling, for the next time, maybe try a gentler approach because my reaction towards you is still negative, but its not negative towards the idea so thanks for that Smiley

also, be aware that the profits from the game are not high.

Sorry about that and the decision does rest with you and you are entirely welcome (and encouraged) to run the game for profit but you might get even more interest and thus more profit if a percentage goes to a well chosen and worth-while charity.
Activity: 354
Merit: 250
now ill waste even more time and btc for the cause Smiley

if you start a minefield charity of your own the game will be unbalanced towards you. maybe a strategy to ponder?
legendary
Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001
now ill waste even more time and btc for the cause Smiley
I'm looking at the bitcoin100 topic. looks good!
I'll send 5 btc and give you the blockexplorer link, and will automatically send 20% of the profits to minefields related charity if we figure that out.
Maybe some of the profits could be donated to a charity that provides assistance to victims of minefields.

Like BurntSnow?

Possibly the "International Campaign to Ban Landmines (ICBL)"
http://www.icbl.org

I just sent them a message to ask if they accept donations in bitcoin.

even though the relation is cute because the game is called bitcoin minefield, If I'll send the profits to charity I would like to choose the cause myself.

which I didn't say I will. and you are obliviously pushing me, which I find is not very nice.
I'd much more appreciate something along the lines "hey, you can give the profits to charity, here is how"
then contacting random organisations almost in my behalf without my feedback.

that said, I'll hardcode sending of percentage of the profits to the mines related charity if we can find a way to do it because I like the idea Smiley I'd much more prefer the demining organisation though, then the lobbying one, if I'm not making a mistake with my quick glance at the site.

in case you are not just trolling, for the next time, maybe try a gentler approach because my reaction towards you is still negative, but its not negative towards the idea so thanks for that Smiley

also, be aware that the profits from the game are not high.
Maybe some of the profits could be donated to a charity that provides assistance to victims of minefields.

Like BurntSnow?

Possibly the "International Campaign to Ban Landmines (ICBL)"
http://www.icbl.org

I just sent them a message to ask if they accept donations in bitcoin.
someone went in with 1 btc on max mines and won 22 with first bet Grin
it was so clean I initially thought it was a hack, but everything checks out.

Like BurntSnow?

burntsnow? googling didn't help me Smiley

- edit

oh, haha.

a good strategy to cheat might be to start a minefield charity and then play this game.
hey, yeah, I increased the rake in order to support upping the referral earnings from 5 to 10%, as I got bunch of requests for that, I was forced to do that in order to prevent a person with two accounts from exploiting the game.
Activity: 36
Merit: 0

Like BurntSnow?
Activity: 462
GET IN - Smart Ticket Protocol - Live in market!
That's it, I'm addicted. I swear, I'm just going to buy 10 BTC and put it all on this one game. It's not even about the BTC, because to me more BTC means more playing until I lose. It's just fun. You never know when you'll hit a mine, and it's a lot more "realistic" than the normal minefield.
someone just won 16 btc, congrats Smiley
whoa, I've missed last ~10 messages, for some reason I stopped receiving emails on topic posts.
I see that Smokeandmirrors posted some images of the android game. great.

I made a bet, and in the middle of playing - the game refreshed on me and i lost my bet (without clicking on anything).

we've resolved this over pm's, it seems that his browser (chrome) had some trouble with occasional auto refreshing of the page. let me know if any of you encounter a similar problem.

So, what happens to those odd hundredts of cents in the end?

Casus: I played a bit, lost some and had a really weird amount left; something like "0.0062". Added some new funds to make it a round number (and being able to play a bit more).
Then lost interest. With 0.0025 left in balance.

That amount is not enough to transfer without fees (according to the official client anyway) and probably not even worth the effort.

Will you keep that amount there, for when I come back to deposit some more? And what if I come back in two months? Is there a moment after which you close the account and take the balance as your own?

good question: nothing, I let you cash this out if you wish and I'll loose money on transaction fees. I hope nobody will abuse this as there is nothing to gain from it.
and that amount will be kept there for you forever in your account.
Activity: 294
I made a bet, and in the middle of playing - the game refreshed on me and i lost my bet (without clicking on anything).
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
So, what happens to those odd hundredts of cents in the end?

Casus: I played a bit, lost some and had a really weird amount left; something like "0.0062". Added some new funds to make it a round number (and being able to play a bit more).
Then lost interest. With 0.0025 left in balance.

That amount is not enough to transfer without fees (according to the official client anyway) and probably not even worth the effort.

Will you keep that amount there, for when I come back to deposit some more? And what if I come back in two months? Is there a moment after which you close the account and take the balance as your own?
Activity: 728
That's a really good point. I hadn't even thought of that, though I've only done so much game dev.

I had actually been planning on adding a little bitcoin image to the correct blocks, and some negative image to negative blocks. I'll be sure to add these before the release.

For me green and orange next to each other are bit hard to differ and some people must have it worse.

One extra suggestion, differ the chosen onces too? So player can see which ones he has "won".
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
That's a really good point. I hadn't even thought of that, though I've only done so much game dev.

I had actually been planning on adding a little bitcoin image to the correct blocks, and some negative image to negative blocks. I'll be sure to add these before the release.
Activity: 103
Merit: 10
Hey there SmokeAndMirrors,

your game looks nice! But there is one thing, many game developers forget: color blindness!

I myself suffer from a minor color blindness and even though I can make out the difference between the bomb ond non-bomb fields, it isn't that clear on the first look.

So since there are many people out there with the same problem you should consider changing your fields color or insert a little bomb image or whatever.

Here is a little article about color blindness and computer games, that show that even big game corporations make the mistake and need to be aware of this problem!
So don't loose potential customers, just because of this Wink
Pages:
Jump to: