Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Miners - page 56. (Read 64023 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?
January 25, 2014, 03:35:16 AM
Pitchforks at dawn.
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
January 25, 2014, 03:31:46 AM
Come on people... give them a chance Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
January 25, 2014, 03:19:26 AM
And more importantly, wy did you share the code? Now they're going to invalidate it almost immediately.
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
January 25, 2014, 03:16:38 AM
When are some forum members going for a visit? Looking forward to it Cheesy
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
January 25, 2014, 03:16:03 AM
have you seen this, received from email subscription

How did they get your mail?
Activity: 378
January 25, 2014, 03:15:34 AM
terrahash, vmc, hell someone else do the list.

wtf, 20% off multi thousand dollar orders? Yeah, get some more money QUICK before they realize how bullshit you are.

Sweet, saved me 15,000 dollars. Good business!
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
1.21 GIGA WATTS
January 25, 2014, 03:13:40 AM
have you seen this, received from email subscription

looks more like a pump and dump before disappearing 

Activity: 66
January 25, 2014, 03:12:40 AM
Can someone pls post links to threads with companies or products that turned out to be real scam? I do not mean bfl or scamfast?
Activity: 63
January 25, 2014, 03:09:55 AM
Exactly, AND it isn't something that could be pulled off without resources from a company like Cambridge Microprocessor Systems Ltd.

AND of course they kept their work secret.  DUH!
Activity: 378
January 25, 2014, 03:07:08 AM
I received this email from Rebecca:
Currently out of the office (20:25 here in the UK and been allowed to go home!)
My manager Michael might still be there answering emails if you want to call +44 1371 606056?

Our company is registered as Cambridge Microprocessor Systems Ltd.
We are a subsidy of the main microprocessor manufacturing company setup specifically for Bitcoin products.

We operate from the same offices and factory in Essex - We are trying to keep this very separate due to the work we do trading as CMS (Cambridge Microprocessor Systems Ltd.) with the UK government.

I hope that helps.

Thanks,

Rebecca

So, I went to: https://www.gov.uk/get-information-about-a-company

and did a search for: Cambridge Microprocessor Systems Limited

I confirmed the company existed for as long as they say in their press release.

Date of Incorporation: 11/04/1983

I also did a whois lookup on their domain: cms.uk.com  (domain 1st registered in 1998)

Both companies are in the same building and their phone numbers are only 1 digit off. I called both numbers and voice is the same on both messages.  So far, it looks legit boys.

A REAL company, someone in business for 30 years, would be able to produce these and ship them as completed units, not pre-orders. They also wouldn't say something stupid like, no refunds ever.
Activity: 63
January 25, 2014, 03:01:43 AM
I received this email from Rebecca:
Currently out of the office (20:25 here in the UK and been allowed to go home!)
My manager Michael might still be there answering emails if you want to call +44 1371 606056?

Our company is registered as Cambridge Microprocessor Systems Ltd.
We are a subsidy of the main microprocessor manufacturing company setup specifically for Bitcoin products.

We operate from the same offices and factory in Essex - We are trying to keep this very separate due to the work we do trading as CMS (Cambridge Microprocessor Systems Ltd.) with the UK government.

I hope that helps.

Thanks,

Rebecca

So, I went to: https://www.gov.uk/get-information-about-a-company

and did a search for: Cambridge Microprocessor Systems Limited

I confirmed the company existed for as long as they say in their press release.

Date of Incorporation: 11/04/1983

I also did a whois lookup on their domain: cms.uk.com  (domain 1st registered in 1998)

Both companies are in the same building and their phone numbers are only 1 digit off. I called both numbers and voice is the same on both messages.  So far, it looks legit boys.
Activity: 447
January 25, 2014, 01:22:35 AM

I also find this part of their spec amusing:
Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series Liquid Cooler
Fans: 5 x 120mm

One water cooler for 4 asic chips?  Smiley And Corsair coolers, really?

I still think it's a scam. They are doing everything wrong if they want to prove they are legit.

They have done some damn good work to fake/hide their identity though Cheesy

I think Rebecca came up with the idea to use liquid nitrogen as the cooling liquid, that is why they only need one. In fact, unless the chips are overclocked they freeze.
Activity: 447
January 25, 2014, 01:16:43 AM
Not unless they've copyrighted a photo ...

Besides, BFL and KNC did the same things, they took a photo of a chip and then CAD/photoshopped, until they had actual designs.

So if they have not paid the copyright then it is still illegal but that's okay because other have done something similar.

Reminds me of the girl who sold her virginity on the Internet but claimed she was not a prostitute because she only done it once Smiley

No, all i was saying was unless it's copyright protected, there's no wrong being done. Simply taking a photoshopped image from one place and chopping it yourself, isn't wrong. Laws vary by country of course. If it is copyright protected, the image needs the stamp, as does the sourcepage.

But even still, taking a copyright protected image and modifying it.. is different than trying to use the exact same image.

Wrong, copyright does not need any copyright marking or registration, it is automatically implied. http://www.ipo.gov.uk/c-auto.htm

While you can use someone else's work in your own, your work has to be substantially different (trans-formative) from the original. This is not.

Correct,  a photo does not have to be copyrighted to be protected. It's automatic. Now I will like for Rebecca to give us some unique pictures of herself and showing the chip in places where it was not intended to be.
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
January 25, 2014, 12:31:06 AM
1 hour drive from where I currently reside.
If that turns out not to be a scam, which I highly doubt I will go and check myself.

hey it will be the start of your new career "gonzo journalist" bring video...when you find out it is a scam go to your local news organizratioin they would eat this stuff up especially when these guys refuse to go on camera or show product...

(i'll be able to say i made you a media news superstar ..pats self on back)

Searing
donator
Activity: 686
Merit: 519
It's for the children!
January 25, 2014, 12:30:09 AM
Rebecca is not working late tonight?

Proly busy notifying lottery winners and next of kin.

Hello,

Please can you help me re-profile fund? I am Ms Teresa Au, HSBC Hong Kong, head of corporate sustainability Asia pacific region. A sum of (USD$23,200,000.00) (Twenty three million, two Hundred Thousand dollars) Million was deposited by our Late customer who died without declaring any next of kin before his death in 2006.

My suggestion to you is to stand as the next of kin to Fadel Ahmed. We shall share in the ratio of 50% for me, 50% for you. Please contact me via this e- mail: [email protected]. Thanks

Regards
Activity: 854
Merit: 500
einc.io
January 25, 2014, 12:20:23 AM
Rebecca is not working late tonight?
donator
It's for the children!
January 25, 2014, 12:12:18 AM
Congrats you made my signature space!

CTS Smells Fishy!
vip
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
January 24, 2014, 11:56:36 PM
Yet another attempt of fraud...

Scam, obvious scam.

Roll Eyes
Pfffft...  You said the same thing about KNC, and I made 5x my investment.

I never said KnC was a scam. You are completely confused. KnC lacked some good methods of communication, but that is all.
Activity: 178
Merit: 100
January 24, 2014, 11:30:49 PM
I am late for this wonderful pre-order chance.
Searching for other places  Grin Grin Grin 
donator
It's for the children!
January 24, 2014, 11:24:37 PM
I was going to ask you to post your VAT number, but as I read trough page 1-8 it seems we don't need it anymore.

Lol.  You're late to the party.  Grab a drink and catch up.

P.S. Congrats on Unicornhasher making the front cover of Bloomberg Businessweek! Good to see legitimate bitcoin asic business getting proper recognition Smiley

Thanks!  We were excited!
Pages:
Jump to: