Pages:
Author

Topic: 🍕 Bitcoin Pizza Day on Bitcointalk - page 2. (Read 9427 times)

Activity: 28
Merit: 7
June 10, 2024, 03:43:48 AM
Congratulations to all those who participated in this whole contest, but here is one thing that is going around in the mind: many have only uploaded pictures of the pizza.

How it works?
  • Post at least 2 photos: [1] Photo of Pizza + username and date [2] Photo of Pizza in the making Note
  • Pizza should be Bitcoin pizza (Bitcointalk style is allowed).
  • Pizza must be made by yourself / Only one pizza per user Note.
  • I reserve the right to decide at my own discretion whether your baked goods are pizza or not.
Did they make their pizza or buy it from the store and upload the image? I found this issue suspicious, so I said it. What do those who are experienced think?  It is also necessary to check whether everyone has followed the instructions from icopress bro. I don't know if I said it right, I apologize if I said it wrong.
Activity: 6
Merit: 1
June 09, 2024, 02:42:00 PM
Wow! Today @LoyceV awarded merit prizes to the participants in the pizza contest. He distributed 678 merits among the contestants in just three minutes and 30 seconds. Many have merited multiple times here by luck.
I only Merited one post twice (accidentally). Scrolling, opening tabs and dealing with expired links that required me to reload the page probably caused this. Selecting this many posts to Merit took me a while.

have all been judged in such a short period of time or just continuous merit giving where many are left out!

I made my own selection. Some users are on my ignore list already, some deserved a bit more than 8 Merits, some pizzas I ignored on purpose. And some users I couldn't Merit, because I already sent them 50 in the past 30 days.

Why the interest in Merit in your first week here, instead of commenting on, say, the pizzas?
Don't get me wrong sir, I really didn't want to talk about merit here. All the contestants here tried their best to make the pizza, I saw you giving merit among all the contestants yesterday. Due to your continuous giving of merit many have dropped out. I mean people who didn't get merit here are not eligible to get merit at all. Or they have bad luck where they are mistakenly cancelled.

Those who are dropped from your list are no more likely to get merit from you.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 15144
Fully fledged Merit Cycler - Golden Feather 22-23
June 09, 2024, 02:37:56 PM
The only thing that puzzles me is the amount of work that icopress will face when counting votes.

I have a solution for counting votes. The problem is that users insist on not following the recommended format to vote!!!

VOTE IN THE FORMAT THAT @icopress GAVE!!!

If everyone votes, according to the guidelines, the votes will be counted in just a few minutes!

If you have a solution to do a IRV with 110 candidates in minutes, you might be into something.
I strongly advise you to sell this, as I saw some nog so cheap solutions for this.

If all users just used the voting template, I could do this. Then I just had to ask TryNinja to scrape the topic again to update all the posts that had been updated.

Sorry for the double post, but it was to show a count I put together just now:

It still needs some adjustments, but this is the current situation. Or rather, it was the panorama when the posts were made, before being edited.
If TryNinja manages to scrape the vote thread again, the data would be updated.

Without going in too much detail for obvious reasons, I know there is a pizza which got more than a few votes, I cannot see in that chart.
I don’t know if it still need to get updated, or there is a bug somewhere. Or maybe I didn’t get how it works.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
June 09, 2024, 01:40:27 PM
Wow! Today @LoyceV awarded merit prizes to the participants in the pizza contest. He distributed 678 merits among the contestants in just three minutes and 30 seconds. Many have merited multiple times here by luck.
I only Merited one post twice (accidentally). Scrolling, opening tabs and dealing with expired links that required me to reload the page probably caused this. Selecting this many posts to Merit took me a while.

By the way, I edited the Op
You should update this part:
Voting for the Best Pizza [Soon]
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 5874
light_warrior ... 🕯️
June 09, 2024, 11:40:39 AM
The voting system is exactly the same as in the BCA (which in turn is really based on IRV), but in the modern realities of the forum it is not possible to strictly follow the letter of the rules. The order of the votes is not important as it will not reflect the majority opinion... and those who do not meet the criteria will be properly eliminated, those who do not meet the minimum threshold will also be eliminated.

For 4/5 years, everything was in order with the vote count and I don’t think anything will change this year. In any case, I usually don’t do anything that I’m not asked to do, so as not to waste my own or anyone else’s time.

By the way, I edited the Op and removed the mention of IRV, although...
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 7490
Crypto Swap Exchange
June 09, 2024, 06:24:36 AM
Also @ABCbits awarded 387 qualifying prizes to pizza contest entrants today. You have also given merit to 131 people in a single way, although you have tried to give merit awards to all  people, many have received merit more than once. You may have accidentally left something out.

That might be possible since i manually see and send merit to each entrants. Anyway i'll revisit this whole thread later to see whether i missed something. I also notice user @JayJuanGee send merit to so many entrants.
Activity: 147
Merit: 83
aliveNFT.github.io | Track your love.
June 09, 2024, 02:26:19 AM
Wow! Today @LoyceV awarded merit prizes to the participants in the pizza contest. He distributed 678 merits among the contestants in just three minutes and 30 seconds. Many have merited multiple times here by luck. 112 out of 125 people were nominated for voting in the main competition, have all been judged in such a short period of time or just continuous merit giving where many are left out!

Also @ABCbits awarded 387 qualifying prizes to pizza contest entrants today. You have also given merit to 131 people in a single way, although you have tried to give merit awards to all  people, many have received merit more than once. You may have accidentally left something out.

ABCbits & LoyceV both awarded around 1065 merits today! Those who participated in the competition may be very happy to get such merit.

I do not know exactly how the pizzas for the distribution of merits were evaluated, but some of the pizzas were no different from others, but remained without merits, I have 20merits, I will gladly distribute them to those who did not receive them.  Smiley
Maybe some of the participants, including me, are on the ignore list, so they did not fall under the distribution. But it doesn't matter, the main thing is participation.
Activity: 6
Merit: 1
June 08, 2024, 07:58:56 PM
Wow! Today @LoyceV awarded merit prizes to the participants in the pizza contest. He distributed 678 merits among the contestants in just three minutes and 30 seconds. Many have merited multiple times here by luck. 112 out of 125 people were nominated for voting in the main competition, have all been judged in such a short period of time or just continuous merit giving where many are left out!

ABCbits & LoyceV both awarded around 1065 merits today! Those who participated in the competition may be very happy to get such merit.
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 4687
**In BTC since 2013**
June 08, 2024, 08:18:44 AM
The only thing that puzzles me is the amount of work that icopress will face when counting votes.

I have a solution for counting votes. The problem is that users insist on not following the recommended format to vote!!!

If everyone votes, according to the guidelines, the votes will be counted in just a few minutes!

If you have a solution to do a IRV with 110 candidates in minutes, you might be into something.
I strongly advise you to sell this, as I saw some nog so cheap solutions for this.

If all users just used the voting template, I could do this. Then I just had to ask TryNinja to scrape the topic again to update all the posts that had been updated.

Sorry for the double post, but it was to show a count I put together just now:

It still needs some adjustments, but this is the current situation. Or rather, it was the panorama when the posts were made, before being edited.
If TryNinja manages to scrape the vote thread again, the data would be updated.
legendary
**In BTC since 2013**
June 08, 2024, 07:51:20 AM

legendary
June 08, 2024, 06:33:22 AM

Activity: 510
Merit: 4005
June 08, 2024, 05:46:24 AM
He never mentioned IRV, (...)
He did, though. If you go over the OP (in the voting topic) carefully, you'll see this:

(...) and literally just said that the order isn't important.
That really confuses me... IRV belongs to the ordinal class of voting methods, so, the order does matter.

What's going on, I think, is that icopress has something in mind for how the winner will be determined, but he hasn't shared exactly what it is, and he probably shouldn't be calling it "Instant Runoff Voting". Undecided
legendary
**In BTC since 2013**
June 08, 2024, 05:19:45 AM

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 7340
Farewell, Leo
June 08, 2024, 03:37:48 AM
I am definitely confused
He never mentioned IRV, and literally just said that the order isn't important. Actually, I'm not sure how any of you figured out about IRV. What's the last time he used it in a contest? 2020 awards?

Edit: I stand corrected. He does have mentioned it in the voting thread.
legendary
June 07, 2024, 08:08:31 PM
Why can't we just leave it simple? Five favorite pizzas, that's all. We're not pizza judges to put them in an order.

I am definitely confused:

The numbering is not important. Simply select 5 pizzas of your choice (or less).

Not in particular order: (...)
FYI: With the vote-counting method that icopress has opted for (IRV), the order of your choices is important.

Just explain which part we shall disregard.

If your last sentence has to be applied (no IRV, just choose 5 pizzas; voting order is not important), then we are back to case 1 as far as tie-break rules are concerned.

legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 2369
June 07, 2024, 06:51:11 PM
I vote for: #39, #50, #57, #73, #87
Maybe Xal0lex actually wanted to vote in that exact order, it's possible, but do you believe it? The most natural thing is to write down the numbers and submit them, if you want to make a preference list than you need to double check all the numbers to see which pizza is the most and least favorite.
What's wrong with my voting? I went through the list of pictures from top to bottom and picked out the numbers of the pizzas I liked. What voting rules did I break that you don't like about my voting?
There is nothing wrong with your voting, we were talking about a possible vote-counting system that went unnoticed by the majority of users. What you did is exactly what everybody else would have done, I was not attacking nor blaming you of anything, just read the last messages and you'll understand what I meant Wink
legendary
June 07, 2024, 06:02:28 PM

The Hard way: program an excel to do this work. With 110 contestants and at least the same number of voters, it will be a nightmare. I spent this evening trying to figure out how to do that and failed miserably (not that thisproves anything)
The easy way: spend 20 USD and use https://www.rankedvote.co (but why?)

staff
Activity: 2436
Merit: 2347
June 07, 2024, 05:11:35 PM
Maybe Xal0lex actually wanted to vote in that exact order, it's possible, but do you believe it? The most natural thing is to write down the numbers and submit them, if you want to make a preference list than you need to double check all the numbers to see which pizza is the most and least favorite.

What's wrong with my voting? I went through the list of pictures from top to bottom and picked out the numbers of the pizzas I liked. What voting rules did I break that you don't like about my voting?
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 7340
Farewell, Leo
June 07, 2024, 04:58:47 PM
Why can't we just leave it simple? Five favorite pizzas, that's all. We're not pizza judges to put them in an order.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 2369
June 07, 2024, 04:53:08 PM
I'm afraid that at this point it's complicated to fix things: I didn't know this IRV system and many users probably didn't know it either, I actually had to look it up on Wikipedia to see what it was. And since the rules simply ask you to vote up to 5 pizzas, that is what people will do.
I don't think that its so complicated to fix it as all that is needed is for icopress to just add a short explanation and then people can simply edit their votes.
In that case all those who voted in numerical order should be contacted via PM to inform them about this rule. But I'm not sure people will actually pay attention to the rules because I see users with almost no merits voting anyway, and as we can see people keep voting in numerical order, this is the last one for example:

In my opinion this system is overcomplicated for this type of contest and it penalizes the pizzas with the highest number (and what I'm saying goes against my own interest because my number is not that high).
Pages:
Jump to: