Pages:
Author

Topic: 🍕 Bitcoin Pizza Day on Bitcointalk - page 4. (Read 9427 times)

legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 4687
**In BTC since 2013**
June 04, 2024, 06:26:08 PM
Friends, who has encountered this? I've been working on bbcode for the last 10 hours and everything was fine... I took a break to drink some tea and see that all the images I uploaded today are now displayed incorrectly (more than 120 images).

If the images are alone, do they appear?
Really 120 images being requested at the same time can cause connection to the server to be cut by the proxy.

But, were there 120 participations? I don't think so.
You could combine the photos from each participation into one, and then just share that compilation image.
Activity: 504
Merit: 1065
Crypto Swap Exchange
June 04, 2024, 06:22:15 PM
Friends, who has encountered this? I've been working on bbcode for the last 10 hours and everything was fine... I took a break to drink some tea and see that all the images I uploaded today are now displayed incorrectly (more than 120 images).

Imgbb hosting used

Seems to be the same as in Bandwidth Limit Exceeded and bitcointalk.org image proxy: Bandwidth limit exceeded

It's not just you; LoyceV also ran into this error. Don't worry; the limit is for viewing images, not posting them, so everyone else can see your image fine, at least until they hit the limit, too. It's almost certainly the art contest: presumably when theymos set this limit, he didn't figure on there being a thread where people would be viewing so many large images at once.

Maybe theymos could help like in this thread?
I doubled the bandwidth allowance. (Maybe just temporarily.)
Activity: 826
Merit: 460
June 04, 2024, 06:21:18 PM

Imgbb hosting used

Imgbb hosting has been experiencing frequent errors lately, have you used other hosting alternatives such as https://talkimg.com/

unfortunately your work seems to have to take longer, very sad you have spent so much time doing that.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 5874
light_warrior ... 🕯️
June 04, 2024, 06:17:31 PM

Imgbb hosting used

Activity: 66
Merit: 5
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
June 03, 2024, 02:53:47 PM
>edited out<
I don't think your read the rules before submitting your contest, it's said to have ended on the 1st and today is 3rd already.
First rule of contest is - Read the rules before participating.

How it works?
From the time the thread is published until June 1st

I will still be accepting applications on June 1st (all day long).
Activity: 406
Merit: 140
June 03, 2024, 12:21:52 PM
Very nice pizza! But I have a misunderstanding.
Apparently, these little letters B are made of cheese, and also I see small slices just like I suspect cheese, but after the photos before and after you put the pizza in the oven, nothing changed, the cheese did not melt and the pizza was the same as it was before you, we put it in the oven, I don't understand how it turns out, it's very interesting.
Thank you previously for paying attention and commenting on my pizza. Maybe this makes you confused why cheese is not melting even though it has been roasted, it's because I use slice cheese to decorate pizza. So, even though the pizza has been baked in the cheese oven it won't melt. Unless I use mozzarella cheese, when roasting will definitely melt. That is the advantage of using slice cheese, and I also happen to use the ingredients at home because the time limit for the entry is almost gone. So I use the remaining time as best as possible to be able to participate in the Bitcoin Pizza contest this year.
copper member
Activity: 645
Merit: 291
June 02, 2024, 01:07:17 PM
as i missed last year's event completely, i'm very determined to take part in this year's BTCitcoin pizza day on Bitcointalk🍕
today was finally the day and i can present you my pizza🍕
in the background you can see a matching artwork by mx12.levins, , a matching keychain and there are also two gin cocktails🖼️🍕🍹

Love the pizza created by our Bitcointalk member Cygan! Also, I love seeing one of my Pizza Day artworks in the background. By the way, they are still available.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 5874
light_warrior ... 🕯️
June 02, 2024, 12:22:50 PM
Friends, thank you all for your participation. I will need several days to prepare the thread for voting and organize everything in such a way that various factors do not affect the objectivity. Also, please don't be offended if someone's baked goods are not included in the voting. This will just mean that your baked goods are more consistent with the criteria of a vegetable pie than a pizza.
Activity: 994
Merit: 493
June 02, 2024, 07:57:48 AM
As for the taste, I'm sure your work is the best, but unfortunately here we only send pictures as something that can be judged... the appearance and creation of the toppings are taken into consideration for the assessment from the eyes of the jury... if only the jury's tongues could participate in giving an assessment, maybe the results will be a little different compared to just looking at it... because literally, pizza is food, not just a work of art to look at.

I admit that this year's contestants have experienced an increase in quality compared to last year. Many people are starting to show their intention to make Bitcoin Pizza Day actually make Pizza. I really like the increased efforts of the contestants in 2024.

Last year I made pizza to join in the fun, but this year I couldn't do it anymore for several reasons. But the contest is still lively without me, it still makes me happy.
It's even hard to believe that there are such a large number of participants this year. Indeed, the contest has become much more interesting. During all the days, I watched carefully how people prepared pizza and made it as tasty as possible. I felt it even through the computer monitor))) I can say with certainty that most of the pizza came out delicious and only left to eat it.

At first there was no desire to participate and cook, but then decided to take this action. I didn't regret it, because on the first day I ate almost half of it during the day. Grin
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 15144
Fully fledged Merit Cycler - Golden Feather 22-23
June 02, 2024, 04:17:29 AM
or starts working on the elaboration some pizza right now... Roll Eyes

I am!
Every time I cook a pizza for this contest I take some note to be remembered the following year. I have this three years old note on my phone that I update every year.
I have some improvement in mind, and I am sure next year my pizza will be even better.

@fillippone Is your entry sponsored by Whirlpool? That was beautiful Bitcoin logo and because of that you didn't give much effort of your pizza dough to be round.  Grin Looks delicious anyway.

lol no, that wooden thing is from the stone I use to cook the pizza in the traditional oven, but I decided to use it also for the new smaller electrical one, as it comes with a strange metallic one which is much more unpractical to use.

Making the perfect round pizza dough is part of the fun, and a necessary skill to make a good pizza!
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
June 02, 2024, 04:15:42 AM
@fillippone Is your entry sponsored by Whirlpool? That was beautiful Bitcoin logo and because of that you didn't give much effort of your pizza dough to be round.  Grin Looks delicious anyway.
legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 3537
Nec Recisa Recedit
June 02, 2024, 04:00:44 AM
@bayu7adi
I have never participated in the previous editions...
But seeing the "pitfalls" that we Italians are making for ourselves, it wouldn't surprise me if next year someone could rents a pizzeria for the occasion, or starts working on the elaboration some pizza right now... Roll Eyes

This is the real problem. we really take food talk seriously.
The local government can take away our pension.
Prohibit us from going on strikes.
Close roads at peak times.
Beat us in the street during demonstrations.
Remove the Chamber of Deputies.
Tax us at 53%.
But no politician would ever touch the food.
That (along with the "mother jokes") is the only thing you CAN'T touch an Italian Grin
Activity: 1358
Merit: 538
dont be greedy
June 02, 2024, 03:44:34 AM
The pizza was delicious, and believe me when I say that it was all gone three minutes after the last picture was taken (photographic pieces of evidence on request).
As for the taste, I'm sure your work is the best, but unfortunately here we only send pictures as something that can be judged... the appearance and creation of the toppings are taken into consideration for the assessment from the eyes of the jury... if only the jury's tongues could participate in giving an assessment, maybe the results will be a little different compared to just looking at it... because literally, pizza is food, not just a work of art to look at.

I admit that this year's contestants have experienced an increase in quality compared to last year. Many people are starting to show their intention to make Bitcoin Pizza Day actually make Pizza. I really like the increased efforts of the contestants in 2024.

Last year I made pizza to join in the fun, but this year I couldn't do it anymore for several reasons. But the contest is still lively without me, it still makes me happy.
legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 3537
Nec Recisa Recedit
June 02, 2024, 03:34:37 AM
@fillippone
my pizza was really delicious...I have also missed the dinner since I was very full with just one at lunch Shocked no regrets at all, it was an home made pizza, I am not a pizzaiolo ...

But also your pizza seems very nice Roll Eyes . Just probably you forget an ingredient very important...
a bottle of 2 liters of water since you're using "cheddar" "olive nere" "acciughe" and "salted capperi" in the same combination Tongue ! mmm maybe too much Wink but it's an ingredient that would be appreciated in such case Wink Angry

[just kidding...]
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1005
June 02, 2024, 03:14:57 AM
That's a good work, but I think it's better if we only change the image size by the width or the height, because if you set both of width and height, it will make the image doesn't looks good since it changes the shape.

This is how it looks like, although the size of one user is differ from one user, but it still in the original shape.
Yes it does look good, but it's not neat, one just needs to click on the name link to see more.

Happy Bitcoin Pizza Celebration
Hy sir, I don't know whether you will be disqualified or not because you exceeded the specified time limit.

From the time the thread is published until June 1st, you will have the opportunity to post photos of your pizza (read the rules below). After the designated date, a voting thread will be created where, through joint efforts, we will determine 5 winners (the voting system will be identical to that used in the BCA).
Activity: 147
Merit: 83
aliveNFT.github.io | Track your love.
June 02, 2024, 12:23:31 AM
~

Very nice pizza! But I have a misunderstanding.
Apparently, these little letters B are made of cheese, and also I see small slices just like I suspect cheese, but after the photos before and after you put the pizza in the oven, nothing changed, the cheese did not melt and the pizza was the same as it was before you, we put it in the oven, I don't understand how it turns out, it's very interesting.
Activity: 418
Merit: 253
June 02, 2024, 12:01:36 AM
Happy Bitcoin Pizza Celebration

legendary
June 01, 2024, 08:03:28 PM
Time to call it a day.
icopress gave us an extra day for your delicacies; now it's over.

I can't believe the Italian board had so few participants this year.
I thought Bitbollo's submission was a quadridimensional chess play, but it was actually a true contribution, to my astonishment.

Good luck to everyone, and have fun (the most important thing in this contest).

legendary
June 01, 2024, 07:55:19 PM
Wow,
already, a whole year has passed since last year's contest.

I had to resort to almost the same setup as last year.
I finally decreased the amount of the infamous cheddar on the pizza, but still, you have it.

I focused a little bit more on the pizza taste this year, and I am quite satisfied with the result in dough preparation, yet I have a huge margin to improve.

The setup for this year's pizza is quite similar to last year's. The recipe is almost the same; you will recognise the same kitchen, ingredients, and general recipe.
I introduced a new way of cooking it, and the results are promising, yet I still have to master it.

For all the recipes, see last year post

Starting to work the dough

The dough is now ready to go in the oven. The paper helps the thin dough slide on it, but the true masters do not use it. Next Year, I will try not to use it.

As the oven can reach very high temperatures, but not the high of a traditional wooden oven, I will cook the tomato first, then I will add other ingredients.

The oven was preheated at maximum temperature for 20 minutes.

After 4 minutes, the dough was almost cooked, and it was time to add the mozzarella.

After cooking the mozzarella, the most delicate ingredients: capers, olives and anchovies

After 1 minute in the oven, time for the final touches: the Bitcoin logo and a few leaves of basil

Yes, the Bitcoin logo is made of cheddar, the infamous orange chees that was so criticised last year, but now it is so used elsewhere. Wink

I just noticed the pizza is a little bit smaller than last year's.
The new electrical oven makes me make smaller pizzas. This is a constraint due to its very high temperatures, which are necessary for the dough to cook well.

I tried to give some hints, and this year's level is definitely higher than last year. Hopefully, next year will be even higher.
The pizza was delicious, and believe me when I say that it was all gone three minutes after the last picture was taken (photographic pieces of evidence on request).
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 2369
June 01, 2024, 07:45:03 PM
I’m very excited to be participating again at the annual bitcoin pizza contest! This year I took inspiration from a Lego I recently built, van Gogh’s The Starry Night:

While building, I really liked the dark background and the fact that it wasn’t just plain but instead it had many protruding elements. That’s where I started about making a pizza similar to a paint, it had to be different, dark, and with toppings that would give it some depth and tridimensionality. And since this year there is a lot of enthusiasm, what could be better than a bitcoin rocket going to the moon?

I had to do a little research in order to find the ingredients with the right color but they also had to go well together, I didn’t want to make a pizza aesthetically pleasant but with a bunch of random flavors that make no sense together.

Let’s start with the preparation that, just like a Lego set, it actually required to "assemble" some food in advance, these are the "pieces":

Prosciutto to make the rocket, then pepperoni for the details:

Cheddar for the BTCs and the stars. I’m not a big fan of this cheese but it’s great for decorating, easy to cut since I did it by hand using a knife (no moulds), and it has a nice bitcoiny color:

Mozzarella pearls cut in half to recreate the white smoke effect (I didn’t take a detailed photo but you can see them in the first picture).

Then we have the pizza base: instead of the classic tomatoes or cheeses I chose to go for a more sophisticated and gourmet path using a black truffle sauce, this would be the representation of background which, in this case, it’s supposed to be the sky/space:

After partially cooking the pizza I carefully proceed placing the prosciutto rocket and the mozzarella pearls and, after a couple of minutes, I added also the stars and the BTCs, including an extra pepperoni on the rocket with another BTC.

Once the pizza was properly cooked it was time for the final touch: some aubergine spread with sweet red peppers gently painted with a food brush to add more detail at the launch phase simulating the combustion reaction of rocket fuel.

This is the final result:

More pictures:

Probably the most fascinating part of making this pizza, for me, it’s been how the whole idea began, simply because of a Lego set so, in a way, I felt like I was a 5 year old kid again.

For those wondering why the paper shows the 27 of May as date and I posted on the last day, the reason is that I’ve been traveling a lot these days and I didn’t have the time to choose the images (I took like 30 pictures) and prepare the post with the detailed explanation.
Pages:
Jump to: