Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Town: Let's Make the Future Come to us - page 4. (Read 54513 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500
You guys can start your town in detroit.

that actually might be the cheapest method

okay where is the place with lowest property taxes?
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Google/YouTube
If seasteading ever fails as an option then spacesteading is next in line.

Actually true. I'm pretty sure I mentioned that also, not positive, but I think I did.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
If seasteading ever fails as an option then spacesteading is next in line.
Activity: 140
You guys can start your town in detroit.

Google/YouTube
Also, anyone interested in this town, please support this:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=296277.20
Google/YouTube
Activity: 495
Merit: 507
Google/YouTube
Activity: 826
Merit: 508
If seastanding is not an option then think further, how about Greenland ?

To not copy paste just check for some general info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenland

Possibly a much better choice than anything seen from most posts when it comes to landbased locations for a fresh start of something like a bitcoin town. Never easy, but who knows :-)

Seasteading IS an option. The first post mentions making/buying an island. And could be translated into a giant boat if enough people were willing. But having a town full of bitcoiners is where to start. And America is the most bitcoin populated country I believe.

Agreed. This is a fun idea, hehe.
Google/YouTube

To not copy paste just check for some general info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenland

Possibly a much better choice than anything seen from most posts when it comes to landbased locations for a fresh start of something like a bitcoin town. Never easy, but who knows :-)

Seasteading IS an option. The first post mentions making/buying an island. And could be translated into a giant boat if enough people were willing. But having a town full of bitcoiners is where to start. And America is the most bitcoin populated country I believe.
Activity: 47
Merit: 0

Google/YouTube
But I don't plan on staying in America forever. I will always come back to visit for long periods of time though.
Google/YouTube
What is the point of making a town inside of the US? You would still have to follow federal and state law, which defeats the purpose.

Because America's laws are fine, as long as you know why they are there, and how you are not breaking them. Jail is fine too, that's just how you get to court.
Google/YouTube
My brother died, and I kinda fell off the face of the internet. But this project is delayed, not destroyed.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
What is the point of making a town inside of the US? You would still have to follow federal and state law, which defeats the purpose.
Correct, thus /r/seasteading
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Libertarianism: everyone is a rational actor, always. We shot all the people with mental illnesses.

Not so.  Mentally ill people already take medication, and those who commit crime are treated like most any other person; this does not change, no matter what system you live under.  Though Libertarians may generally be rational, they should not assume all people of the world will always be rational.  Are you one of those irrational people?  If not, don't worry about them; they already figured out how to get by now, they'll figure it out any other way.  If you are, you should already know how you're getting along now.

The only way I could see this possibly working is if there was a standard rules agreement and people had to list where there rules deviated from that.

We already have that; just list everything you don't like to happen to you, and then don't do that to other people.  Ta-da; it may seem surprising, but most people generally don't like the same things.  If you want a really simplified version of this:

1. Don't fuck with people.
2. Don't get fucked.

You are absolutely correct @Mike Christ.

Although many of us disagree on details - the vast majority agree on the major issues. And that gives me hope. Smiley Now if we can just somehow (and please, dear God don't anyone suggest voting or protesting) get rid of the dangerous criminals in congress... people who are really just bought/paid for mafia type "capos" working for the corporations... and then maybe, just maybe... we can begin to restore our democracy.
Pages:
Jump to: