Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Wallet for Android - page 15. (Read 121199 times)

legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1066
January 08, 2013, 01:33:40 PM
Getting the MultiBit encryption work into bitcoinj is my main priority now.
:-)
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1129
January 08, 2013, 01:01:55 PM
Once Jim completes his wallet encryption work for MultiBit and syncs it with bitcoinj, it can be integrated into the Android wallet. So the answer is it's being worked on, but don't expect it soon.

That said, you can encrypt your Android phone and put a screen lock on it. In the absence of local root exploits, this is equivalent.
legendary
Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001
January 08, 2013, 12:59:42 PM
I think i asked this a long time ago also, but can we expect any security features any time soon? like wallet encryption or just a password/PIN requirement before sending funds?
legendary
January 07, 2013, 07:15:01 AM
Making change spendable is already done in MultiBit and doing it in bitcoinj (so Bitcoin Wallet can benefit) is pretty high up my todo list.
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1136
All paid signature campaigns should be banned.
January 04, 2013, 12:43:47 PM
So I'm confused, is there currently a plan to make this work more like the satoshi client so you can spend your change with 0 confirmations? I'd like to use this to show my friends satoshidice, but it doesn't work very well when you have to wait for a new block after each bet.  Undecided

I believe this question is addressed here:  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1329542

But maybe not.  I am confused as to whether the above post applies to the spending of the change or not.
Activity: 483
Merit: 501
December 23, 2012, 09:20:28 AM
I released version 2.37, answering to lots of your constructive feedback. Those of you who experienced problems should try out this version.

A merry christmas to each of you! It has been terrific year for Bitcoin, thanks to the community.

I'll be at the 29c3 in Hamburg. If anyone cares to meet in person, please drop me a mail.
December 05, 2012, 04:43:05 AM
Jouke, can you report bugs in the issue tracker?

Otherwise, chances are that they get lost in the noise.
Activity: 426
Merit: 250
December 04, 2012, 02:25:08 PM
I wanted to send some bitcoins.

I typed in the first three characters of the address and then decided I should use the qr-code instead, I didn't remove those characters. When I pressed send, it gave me a warning that a wrong address was used. When I tried to send it again, directly using the qr code, it made the transaction twice.

The app just crashed as well.

I know it isn't a good bug report, but these steps I remember.
November 20, 2012, 08:09:31 AM
Bitcoin Wallet uses bitcoinj 0.6 which includes bitseed.xf2.org in the list of hosts to query. Is your issue reproducable? Can you look up in the log for "DNS lookup for xxx failed." messages?

I just tried the app again with a wireshark monitoring session on the router.. its definitely only querying the 3 domains listed in my original post.. bitseed.xf2.org is not being used.

Of the three it is trying it is getting back failure on two and response of 0.0.0.0 for the other.

I suspect Mike is correct, it could have something to do with ipv6 addresses in the response.

Would be nice if I could specify my local node (desktop) as a startup node and get further nodes from there.

Did you also look for the messages in the log? If it is not even querying bitseed.xf2.org, how can it choke on an ipv6 answer (no request => no response)?

Perhaps it would be best to open a ticket on the bitcoinj bugtracker:
http://code.google.com/p/bitcoinj/issues/list
Activity: 369
November 20, 2012, 07:50:50 AM
Bitcoin Wallet uses bitcoinj 0.6 which includes bitseed.xf2.org in the list of hosts to query. Is your issue reproducable? Can you look up in the log for "DNS lookup for xxx failed." messages?

I just tried the app again with a wireshark monitoring session on the router.. its definitely only querying the 3 domains listed in my original post.. bitseed.xf2.org is not being used.

Of the three it is trying it is getting back failure on two and response of 0.0.0.0 for the other.

I suspect Mike is correct, it could have something to do with ipv6 addresses in the response.

Would be nice if I could specify my local node (desktop) as a startup node and get further nodes from there.

November 17, 2012, 09:31:19 AM
Will you send Bitcoin Wallet to BlackBerry App World?

At some time I will (although I've got no idea if they accept payment apps into their store).

But before that happens, a testing process for not yet released versions needs to be established. So I wonder if someone was able to install the .bar I put up on the downloads page, and how he did it. Unlike Android, I've only very little knowledge about BlackberryOS.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
November 17, 2012, 07:36:42 AM
So I'm confused, is there currently a plan to make this work more like the satoshi client so you can spend your change with 0 confirmations? I'd like to use this to show my friends satoshidice, but it doesn't work very well when you have to wait for a new block after each bet.  Undecided
Activity: 312
November 16, 2012, 01:20:33 PM
Goonie,

Will you send Bitcoin Wallet to BlackBerry App World?

What is the status?
legendary
November 15, 2012, 07:01:11 AM
There are some other changes I think we need first. The heavy reliance on DNS seeding covers up some deficiencies elsewhere. They're easy to resolve.
November 14, 2012, 08:43:39 AM
We need to make bitcoinj use hard-coded seed nodes and addr broadcasts. It's a known issue that it's too reliant on DNS seeding to get started.

For several months I have sitting on a private branch a modification that persists node addresses across restarts. However, I never switched it live because the current bitcoinj API restricts too much how the querying works.
legendary
November 14, 2012, 07:33:47 AM
That's odd. I suspect there's no deliberate blocking but rather a configuration error on the ISPs end. Specifically I suspect they're trying to filter out IPv6 responses and breaking things in the process.

If you could contact your ISP and try and get them to look at the problem, that'd be great.

We need to make bitcoinj use hard-coded seed nodes and addr broadcasts. It's a known issue that it's too reliant on DNS seeding to get started.
November 14, 2012, 06:35:28 AM
After doing some network traffic inspection it appears the app is using 3 of the 4 DNS seeds listed on the wiki:

dnsseed.bluematt.me
seed.bitcoin.sipa.be
dnsseed.bitcoin.dashjr.org

But not bitseed.xf2.org

Activity: 369
November 13, 2012, 05:58:43 AM
I've been using this Bitcoin Wallet for a month now and at first it was working well.  I upgraded it to the latest update a week or so ago and since then it would not connect to any peers.

After doing some network traffic inspection it appears the app is using 3 of the 4 DNS seeds listed on the wiki:

dnsseed.bluematt.me
seed.bitcoin.sipa.be
dnsseed.bitcoin.dashjr.org

But not bitseed.xf2.org

When I use the DNS server that my ISP assigns me, none of the three domain names resolve to any IP addresses.  But if I change my DNS server to say Google then they all respond ok and the app can connect.

This looks to me like my ISP is deliberately blocking these requests..  also it was quite effective at preventing me from connecting to the bitcoin network.
November 12, 2012, 11:23:29 AM
Goonie,

I see that to run a .bar file, it's necessary install programs on Windows/mac, http://blackberryempire.com/how-to-sideload-android-apps-on-playbook-2.0-using-ddpb/

I think to bitcoin Wallet Android be included on blackberry app world, it's necessary first be approved.
I'll wait this, because I don't have windows/mac machine and I'm a newbie user.
Hope you understand.

Really thanks.
November 12, 2012, 11:00:59 AM

Just today I uploaded a Blackberry test version:

http://code.google.com/p/bitcoin-wallet/downloads/list

Let me know if its installable on a Playbook and how it performs.

I downloaded the .bar version and tried to open the file. This message (translated to english) appear: "not possible to find the application standard"

I always install applications using the blackberry app world, but I didn't see Bitcoin Wallet Android on it.
Pages:
Jump to: