Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Wallet Recovery Services - for forgotten wallet password - page 12. (Read 63791 times)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0
Goddamn it. Probably a wonky "n" key on my keyboard. (I have a System76 laptop which is based on a Clevo case. The build quality is good overall, but the chiclet style keyboard is total bullshit compared to my old ThinkPad.)
Activity: 89
Merit: 21
cool! Just found the reddit thread.

Care to publish the password, sflicht or walletrecoveryservices? People on reddit (me included) would like to know.

sflicht already published he thought it was: "John Brown, John Brown; apple mattress angst Yeti"
Hi
The password was  actually "John Brow, John Brow; apple mattress angst Yeti"
which is almost embarrassingly easy, given the original remembered password Smiley
Dave
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
cool! Just found the reddit thread.

Care to publish the password, sflicht or walletrecoveryservices? People on reddit (me included) would like to know.

sflicht already published he thought it was: "John Brown, John Brown; apple mattress angst Yeti"
Activity: 19
Hi everyone,

I haven't read this whole thread, but I'd like to vouch for Dave's services and his personal integrity.

I lost a wallet back in May (see this thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2104596) and when I was unable to crack the passphrase myself I sent the wallet and some guesses about the passphrase to Dave (and some others). Last night he sent me 80% of the coins originally in the wallet, after (apparently) having been working intermittently on this recovery for 5 months or more.

Slightly more detail on this this reddit thread: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1q8zan/dave_bitcoin_of_walletrecoveryservicescom_just/

-- Sam
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Is this a windows based program you are using?
When I first started with bitcoin I lost my password but saved the wallet.. (1st BTC learning experience) are you brute forcing these things because I may be able to dig up my old wallet.. 
Yes, that is correct, I am brute-forcing them.
However read up on walletrecoveryservices.com  - where I spell out that a wallet encrypted with a totally unknown password is unlikely to every be decrypted. (unless you used a pretty weak password).
Dave
When I first started with bitcoin I lost my password but saved the wallet.. (1st BTC learning experience) are you brute forcing these things because I may be able to dig up my old wallet.. 
This is VERY interesting any updates?
Well, I have managed to solve 2 lost wallet passwords this week - returning the lost funds to their owners successfully Smiley
I also have multiple other decryption attempts on the go (for dozens of people)
Cheers
Dave
This is VERY interesting any updates?
i was so going to jump on your service, till you mentioned that you cant get 15+ lettered passwords, its a shame, i blame hardware for that one, not you

i'll continue scouting all my HDDs for any random file with the password or mnemonic stored in it (im so good like that, texting up my password, leaving them laying around.. like keys to my cars left laying around in the pub)
Good luck searching for the password... and yes, 15 random characters is pretty safe at this point from any brute-force decryption! (unless you know the format or most of the letters)
By the way, my service is busy busy busy. Especially in the last few weeks - I suppose the BTC price has something to do with it...!  Roll Eyes
Regards,
Dave

Activity: 359
donator
i was so going to jump on your service, till you mentioned that you cant get 15+ lettered passwords, its a shame, i blame hardware for that one, not you

you should blame that damn exponential function.
Activity: 767
Merit: 500

it is a blockchain.info wallet.aes.json, i have no re-callable memory of what it was, i probably used lastpass password generator (nothing in its history though :/)

the one thing i never got out of this, was your cost of service, or is it what ever it is worth to the person?

i'll continue scouting all my HDDs for any random file with the password or mnemonic stored in it (im so good like that, texting up my password, leaving them laying around.. like keys to my cars left laying around in the pub)

Anywho, scam yodellers still have no proof that you are scamming, and you haven't been shut down and out yet, so you're out there doing good then
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
Gresham's Lawyer

This is not about trust or reputation. The way this service works doesn't require trust. Operator cannot steal your coins. You will see that by either looking at the process of submitting your partial wallet or by reading this thread (the part about the 1 BTC).

Looks like I was having one of my grandpa moments. I thought I had read that trust would build over time and this service would be accepted, which is why my response was saying that services should not rely on trust but comprehension of the underlying procedures. Sorry for any misunderstanding.

What this guy has to offer is essentially a lot of computing power that can be rented for the time needed to brute-force a mistyped password. It is pretty awesome and I would definitely recommend anyone who needs a service like this to read into it.

It doesn't require trusting your wallet to the service.  It does require other sorts of trusts, though very little.  I wish it every success, it is likely to be increasingly in demand.
I require your services. Email or PM me. Reward!!
ok, we are in touch. Dave
Activity: 5
I require your services. Email or PM me. Reward!!
Activity: 79
Merit: 10

This is not about trust or reputation. The way this service works doesn't require trust. Operator cannot steal your coins. You will see that by either looking at the process of submitting your partial wallet or by reading this thread (the part about the 1 BTC).

Looks like I was having one of my grandpa moments. I thought I had read that trust would build over time and this service would be accepted, which is why my response was saying that services should not rely on trust but comprehension of the underlying procedures. Sorry for any misunderstanding.

What this guy has to offer is essentially a lot of computing power that can be rented for the time needed to brute-force a mistyped password. It is pretty awesome and I would definitely recommend anyone who needs a service like this to read into it.
donator
I do not see why a system built on no trust needed would need to rely on so much trust. If I don't understand something, I may risk some money in attempts of understanding if it's legit and logical, but I don't risk more than I'd be willing to lose.

We should not forget that Pirateat40 had the best OTC reputation for some time Wink

Activity: 79
Merit: 10
Wallet recovery is definitely possible to do without scamming. I would not be so quick as to yell scam, but I would be sure not to send my whole wallet to just anyone who requests it!

It reminds me a lot of hired vanity address generators. It does not seem smart to let someone generate a whole private key for you, however https://bitcoinvanity.appspot.com/ seems to have a good way to do this. If you generate your own part-private (or split-private) key then you would be fine.

I do not see why a system built on no trust needed would need to rely on so much trust. If I don't understand something, I may risk some money in attempts of understanding if it's legit and logical, but I don't risk more than I'd be willing to lose.

We should not forget that Pirateat40 had the best OTC reputation for some time Wink
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Very cool if legit
Pages:
Jump to: